Induction Heater - 2020 offerings?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Considering all 3 heaters are basically the same, the insertion depth of the cap within the coil is a very significant setting. Millimeters matter.
The rate of heating follows the battery's charge.

TommyDee,

fogbank

Considering all 3 heaters are basically the same, the insertion depth of the cap within the coil is a very significant setting. Millimeters matter.
The rate of heating follows the battery's charge.
I am finding out how true this is as I try to get all 3 dialed in. I am mostly doing this out of curiosity.

How significant do you think the battery's charge is in the performance of the heaters? Could there be a noticeable difference in heat between a fully charged battery and one that has been run through 5 heating cycles (4-6 seconds per cycle)?

If it is significant then I need to control for that variable as I am fine tuning the technique.

fogbank,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I am finding out how true this is as I try to get all 3 dialed in. I am mostly doing this out of curiosity.

How significant do you think the battery's charge is in the performance of the heaters? Could there be a noticeable difference in heat between a fully charged battery and one that has been run through 5 heating cycles (4-6 seconds per cycle)?

If it is significant then I need to control for that variable as I am fine tuning the technique.

Put a volt meter on it, then log the results. If it’s not a voltage REGULATED device, the clicks will come later, and later.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor

Yep, what Rusty said. Fortunately, the click is not as dependent on the voltage sag. The click is fairly consistent regardless of the rate of heating.

TommyDee,

fogbank

Put a volt meter on it, then log the results. If it’s not a voltage REGULATED device, the clicks will come later, and later.

Yep, what Rusty said. Fortunately, the click is not as dependent on the voltage sag. The click is fairly consistent regardless of the rate of heating.

Thank you both for the feedback.

I don't plan to open any of them up to attach a volt meter. Considering the nature of the units, and their batteries, I am going to assume that a performance drop will accompany a reduction in battery charge. The assumption just means that I have to use a fully charged battery when testing, which will result in more frequent charging. I understand that there is a finite number of charging cycles in any of the batteries, so this would shorten the life span of the devices. At this price point I am not too concerned about that. And for future use I know there will be better induction heaters coming to market.

Even before this conversation I felt like the UFO heated more aggressively with a fully charged battery, so I think my assumption is pretty safe.

fogbank,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Charge cycle rating considers a full charge so partial charges means more overall charge cycles.
I charge my Fluxer Flite cells every day. After at least a year, the cells are still better than 90% capacity.

Top Bottom