• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Important Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Did anyone know that this site would remain after the merger? I thought NewFC would live on but they merged it back here. Strange. Was there any announcement as to the final state of both sites and when it would happen? Ideally we should have been kicked off both sites for 6, 10 or 12 hours with advance notice to complete this. I won't go into server redundancy (and backups, retrieval and archiving) but the easiest way would've been to kick everyone out of both sites with some advance notice and get it all done, verify it quickly and then reopen traffic to the surviving site.

At least that's been my experience in IT for 30+ years. I think threads are still being merged as I write this - and something tells me the mods are doing lots of manual work (ugh). They deserve a lot of credit nevertheless for keeping this community up and running, I will certainly give them that. And do a couple of fills tonight in their honor. Just want FC back, old and new, together...:leaf::peace:

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Summer

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Did anyone know that this site would remain after the merger? I thought NewFC would live on but they merged it back here. Strange. Was there any announcement as to the final state of both sites and when it would happen? Ideally we should have been kicked off both sites for 6, 10 or 12 hours with advance notice to complete this. I won't go into server redundancy (and backups, retrieval and archiving) but the easiest way would've been to kick everyone out of both sites with some advance notice and get it all done, verify it quickly and then reopen traffic to the surviving site.

At least that's been my experience in IT for 30+ years. I think threads are still being merged as I write this - and something tells me the mods are doing lots of manual work (ugh). They deserve a lot of credit nevertheless for keeping this community up and running, I will certainly give them that. And do a couple of fills tonight in their honor. Just want FC back, old and new, together...:leaf::peace:

There was a merger FAQ thread on new fc for at least a few days if not a week and probably on fc as well. I think they did a pretty good job even if there are duplicate threads still being merged and sure they could have shut the doors till they dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's but it's not that bad and I even got to keep my post count and likes from new fc so I think they deserve a well earned thank you for all of their efforts. When I say hip hip you say Howrah mods

HIP HIP

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

yeah as others said it was announced in a different thread and there was a banner at the top, a lot of us were bouncing back and forth between the two sites, so I guess we saw it in one place or the other... they first announced this before last weekend I think.

Summer

Long Island, NY
If you look at the Forums menu on NewFC (click on the 3 horizontal bars on the upper left corner & then click on Forums) & compare the thread count in each category to the thread counts in the NewFC Vaporizer Review Forum here on FC's Forum page, you will see the counts go down as the NFC threads are merged & re-opened here on FC. 30+ vaporizer threads have already been merged. Please give the admins a break & be patient, they're working hard & they have lives, too.

Edited too add: Seems Stu is doing the merging solo. :ugh: He's already merged 49 vaporizer threads as of 11:30pm EST. This is where I say, "Thank you for your service & dedication @Stu. You are truly appreciated." :bowdown:

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Can’t say enough good things about our mods...y’all are the goods!

And welcome back, V-Tac! I managed to miss the entire Return’ episode, as well as the sequel...surely there’s a thread that contains the tale? Or as David Byrne might wonder, “well, how did we get here?”

Jayvape

Hi everyone, so I am a little bit confused, which website FC or New FC is the website to use for forums? I am registered here but I am not able to login or register on New FC. Also the Splinter Z thread here on FC is closed, so does that mean I should go to New FC and look for a Splinter Z forum there?

Jayvape,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi everyone, so I am a little bit confused, which website FC or New FC is the website to use for forums? I am registered here but I am not able to login or register on New FC. Also the Splinter Z thread here on FC is closed, so does that mean I should go to New FC and look for a Splinter Z forum there?

You're in the right place, new FC is closed not needed anymore we are all back here. The Splinter threads have been consolidated though, you should see the new main splinter thread in the list of portable threads and there should be a link in the Z thread...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Just wanted to leave my mark and say this thread was a wild ride

Yeah. It was interesting :razz:

Admittedly, I was super worried at the time that the group was going to fall apart. But our mods stepped up and handled it like champs!

Praise be, to the old mods and the new!
giphy.webp

Last edited:
As many members know, vtac, the founder and sole administrator of FC, has been absent for many months—since April 14, 2018 to be exact. Unfortunately, he did not leave anyone with enough power to perform several important administrative tasks. This situation has slowly deteriorated to the point where we felt we either had to abandon the site and the community, or take drastic action. We therefore built a lifeboat.

These are the problems FC is facing:

• The owner and administrator, vtac hasn’t been heard from for over two years.
  • The domain is registered only until October 26, 2020. We don't know if it will be renewed. We expect that it won't.
  • Hosting service renewal is anyone’s guess, although it is likely tied to domain renewal.
  • The forum software hasn’t been updated since vtac left and the current version is no longer supported.
  • We are unable to update critical parts of FC without an admin (maintain rules, add/remove staff, assign members to groups such as Retailer, etc.)
  • The database is showing increasing signs of instability. This is not yet apparent to members but quite noticeable to moderators.
  • We do not know if the database is backed up, and even if it is, we don't have the access needed to restore a backup.
  • The daily bombardment of spammers is maddening and difficult to manage. We lack the ability to strengthen the registration procedure.
  • FC does not support SSL (https).
All attempts to contact vtac have failed. If FC goes offline for any reason, this community ceases to exist. With reluctance, we have bought new domains and purchased the latest version of the forum software. We are building a new forum that fixes the problems. We are striving for a familiar look but with the many enhancements that come with the latest software. There will be differences but we hope they will be positive.

We would like to try to get everyone interested moved over to the new FC as best we can. This will not be easy and we will have to leave behind much of the vast knowledge base that has built up at FC. There are efforts underway to try to archive some threads and we will do everything we can to salvage what we can prior to the impending demise of our beloved forum. In the meantime, some threads on the new site will link back to a legacy thread here on FC and FC threads may close down with a re-direct to the new site for the conversation to continue.

This will happen gradually over the next few days/weeks and we want to make it clear that we are not pulling the plug on FC by any means. Rather we are just pulling up a lifeboat alongside the Titanic that is FC as it heads straight towards an iceberg with no captain, no rudder, and taking on water.

If anyone is interested, we made this announcement over the weekend in front of some sponsors, retailers and other commercial members via Zoom meeting that you can view below for further information.

We encourage you all to register at our new home by going to newfuckcombustion.com or fcombustion.com.

Thank you.
Just keep promoting the new site,! as much as possible!!, and hire this site after it's forthcoming completion and leave a forwarding process. Hope the best!!

Phill-slip,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom