Important Announcement

Abysmal Vapor

Saturnine in my mind
Did anyone know that this site would remain after the merger? I thought NewFC would live on but they merged it back here. Strange. Was there any announcement as to the final state of both sites and when it would happen? Ideally we should have been kicked off both sites for 6, 10 or 12 hours with advance notice to complete this. I won't go into server redundancy (and backups, retrieval and archiving) but the easiest way would've been to kick everyone out of both sites with some advance notice and get it all done, verify it quickly and then reopen traffic to the surviving site.

At least that's been my experience in IT for 30+ years. I think threads are still being merged as I write this - and something tells me the mods are doing lots of manual work (ugh). They deserve a lot of credit nevertheless for keeping this community up and running, I will certainly give them that. And do a couple of fills tonight in their honor. Just want FC back, old and new, together...:leaf::peace:

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Summer

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Did anyone know that this site would remain after the merger? I thought NewFC would live on but they merged it back here. Strange. Was there any announcement as to the final state of both sites and when it would happen? Ideally we should have been kicked off both sites for 6, 10 or 12 hours with advance notice to complete this. I won't go into server redundancy (and backups, retrieval and archiving) but the easiest way would've been to kick everyone out of both sites with some advance notice and get it all done, verify it quickly and then reopen traffic to the surviving site.

At least that's been my experience in IT for 30+ years. I think threads are still being merged as I write this - and something tells me the mods are doing lots of manual work (ugh). They deserve a lot of credit nevertheless for keeping this community up and running, I will certainly give them that. And do a couple of fills tonight in their honor. Just want FC back, old and new, together...:leaf::peace:

There was a merger FAQ thread on new fc for at least a few days if not a week and probably on fc as well. I think they did a pretty good job even if there are duplicate threads still being merged and sure they could have shut the doors till they dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's but it's not that bad and I even got to keep my post count and likes from new fc so I think they deserve a well earned thank you for all of their efforts. When I say hip hip you say Howrah mods

HIP HIP

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAAA

yeah as others said it was announced in a different thread and there was a banner at the top, a lot of us were bouncing back and forth between the two sites, so I guess we saw it in one place or the other... they first announced this before last weekend I think.

Summer

Long Island, NY
If you look at the Forums menu on NewFC (click on the 3 horizontal bars on the upper left corner & then click on Forums) & compare the thread count in each category to the thread counts in the NewFC Vaporizer Review Forum here on FC's Forum page, you will see the counts go down as the NFC threads are merged & re-opened here on FC. 30+ vaporizer threads have already been merged. Please give the admins a break & be patient, they're working hard & they have lives, too.

Edited too add: Seems Stu is doing the merging solo. :ugh: He's already merged 49 vaporizer threads as of 11:30pm EST. This is where I say, "Thank you for your service & dedication @Stu. You are truly appreciated." :bowdown:

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Can’t say enough good things about our mods...y’all are the goods!

And welcome back, V-Tac! I managed to miss the entire Return’ episode, as well as the sequel...surely there’s a thread that contains the tale? Or as David Byrne might wonder, “well, how did we get here?”

Jayvape

Hi everyone, so I am a little bit confused, which website FC or New FC is the website to use for forums? I am registered here but I am not able to login or register on New FC. Also the Splinter Z thread here on FC is closed, so does that mean I should go to New FC and look for a Splinter Z forum there?

Jayvape,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAAA
Hi everyone, so I am a little bit confused, which website FC or New FC is the website to use for forums? I am registered here but I am not able to login or register on New FC. Also the Splinter Z thread here on FC is closed, so does that mean I should go to New FC and look for a Splinter Z forum there?

You're in the right place, new FC is closed not needed anymore we are all back here. The Splinter threads have been consolidated though, you should see the new main splinter thread in the list of portable threads and there should be a link in the Z thread...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Just wanted to leave my mark and say this thread was a wild ride

Yeah. It was interesting :razz:

Admittedly, I was super worried at the time that the group was going to fall apart. But our mods stepped up and handled it like champs!

Praise be, to the old mods and the new!
giphy.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom