Discontinued Impcognito

Ipe17

make sure in settings that "Power mode" is set with Y , and clicks>Edit , mark '4 clicks' as Edit. go to main screen, 4 clicks, until you can replace the TCR mode to Power mode
I have 4 clicks for edit and 3 clicks to change mode (within the ones that are activated), which I find nicer if I only want to change between wattage and TCR.

I am running my impcognito at TCR 195, 35W, using tubo standard PID (but changed the boost to 10%) and 190C. The first hit is a bit wispy but then.... so far the vape I am using the most lately, paired with a tiny evic basic

Gonchin

VAS has me by the ....nevermind.

I've decided I "NEED" a better on the go vape. Something I can carry through concert security or walk the dogs around the block without raising eyebrows. Illegal state, decriminalized local.

The impcognito is at the top of my short list, next would be Fury edge but I would use it off brand, more on demand or mini session than full session, so Impcognito fits better I think.

I'm a total mod box noob. It seems the Aster RT is close to impossible to get. Has anyone found a decent side by side that can be flashed with Artic Fox or Tubo?

I'm willing to settle for a Pico if I have to, but the appeal of the stealthy side by side is hard to ignore.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm eying the Box College DNA60 by Dovpo to replace my SmoAnt Knight v2. If the Knight was still produced I would recommend it to you but apparently it's pretty impossible to find. Mine works still fine but the paint job is slowly flaking away, it's starting to look old.

For sure the Box College is not cheap, but it's a DNA mod.

Check also the SXK Insider DB Killer and the SXK Supbox. They are SBS but we have strictly no feedback so far on how well their TC works, and they are not supported by AF obviously. You would have to do some research and maybe find a review. Unfortunately most e-cig vapers don't use TC so they rarely test that crucial aspect thoroughly, and when they do it's of course never in the same conditions (dry running) like we do.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I have a college and I almost never use it.

I like my impcognito best with Tubo (better than AF or DNA for me)

Interesting. May I ask what you don't like in the College? Are you talking about the DNA TC implementation compared to the others? That would be a first since it's top notch and the hardware is good.

Or is that rather about the lack of features like cruise mode or the short time-out etc?

Also the OP asked about SBS mods, and Tubo supports even less models than AF, and practically none of them are SBS.

I use an RX75 most the time now, as far as I know it's the only Tubomyevic compatible side by side, great mod!

Yeah it's barely SBS. A tad more than the Pico and its variants but it still stands quite tall.

KeroZen,

BeeSawd

"Barely SBS" sure, but it's still a SBS, it's still protects the side of the atty, still improves stealth factor and it is literally the only one that runs tubo. the Pico you mentioned only runs AF and as mentioned AF doesn't work as well as tubo.

BeeSawd,

Ipe17

Interesting. May I ask what you don't like in the College? Are you talking about the DNA TC implementation compared to the others? That would be a first since it's top notch and the hardware is good.

Or is that rather about the lack of features like cruise mode or the short time-out etc?

Also the OP asked about SBS mods, and Tubo supports even less models than AF, and practically none of them are SBS.

Yeah it's barely SBS. A tad more than the Pico and its variants but it still stands quite tall.
Hi there,
yes, it is about TC. I have tried to tune the dna mod with escribe and so far my abv is the same as with tubo or AF, but the taste is a bit different. I guess it is personal preference. you dont have PID in a DNA mod to play with and I dont dare to change the power curve.
And it is something similar with AF. I use same settings as with tubo (well, no "boost" field under PID in AF) and again abv is consistent, but somehow taste is slightly worse.

Anyhow, those are only my preferences. I like to extract a bowl slowly in 6/8 puffs. Some people just want to cash a bowl in 2 puffs and there setting and drawing technique may be different.

So far I tried AF in a Pico, an Aster, RX75 and RX GEN3 dual. I have tried TUBO on RX75, RX GEN3 dual, P80, RX mini and Evic basic. DNA only in the Dovpo College.

I also find funny that same firmware will not get same result in different mods. For instance, I find tubo to work somehow better on the P80 or Evic basic than the RX75 or RX GEN 3 dual. It may be just me....

And when it comes to SBS mods, I think best one for stealth is the Aster by far. But battery is too big on that one and it is too thivk for my small hands. If you like the DNA chips, then the College is definately best one out there in terms of shape.

Anyhow, this is favourite set up with the Impcognito (iQos for size reference). I can get easily 6 bowls out of this mod per charge and it is by far my best out and about combo (I use capsules without lid outside):

thumbnail-IMG-0749.jpg

Sorry for the long post...

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
No need to be sorry and thank you for the thorough answer.

AFAIK there is a PID in DNA boards but they just don't expose its parameters, same as my SmoAnt Knight v2. I imagine it's the same in newer vapes that have reportedly good TC, like some Vaporesso, HohmTech etc.

As you have surely noticed, the controller in AF is just a PI and lacks the D. I also believe funkyjunky did improve somewhat the controller performance in tubo_evic compared to the original my_evic firmware his stuff is based on. This probably explains the differences you experience.

As far as differences between mods with same firmware and settings, yes I saw the same thing. They might share the same Nuvoton ARM chip (or variants of the same family) but the electrical path of their ohmmeter circuit differs as long as the path of their power and 510 rail. It changes the mod internal resistance and its ability to properly measure the coil resistance, as it's all intertwined.

Speaking of which, if you want to get the best TC results, ideally you would need to measure and subtract said mod internal resistance. Shorting the 510 with a piece of copper or using those special 510 plugs some shops sell allows to measure that constant part of the circuit resistance. In DNA and at least AF there is an advanced option where you can enter that value, I'm not sure about tubo/my_evic.

Afterwards the value is subtracted and what's left is only the variable part (i.e. mostly the coil and well also some parasitic resistance in the atty base itself) and TC is performed only on that.

Last edited:

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
My wood dosing stem comes out too easily. It falls out when hot making it hard to use in bed in the evening. Any suggestions to tighten it up?

ProfessionalHandJob,
Reactions: BeeSawd

Gonchin

I have a question for you mod box enthusiasts.

If I load artic fox firmware on my Pico25, will I still be able to use stock settings or does it wipe out the original software? If it is a complete overwrite, can it be undone?

Gonchin,

BeeSawd

If I load artic fox firmware on my Pico25, will I still be able to use stock settings or does it wipe out the original software? If it is a complete overwrite, can it be undone?
I'm almost positive it wipes the settings you already have, make sure to write them down either way

BeeSawd,

Trackrat

I was told you can, but why ? You can install 8 different profiles in af. The first one I left alone in case I want to run in wattage mode. The second one has my profile. Make sure you turn off smart mode if you install multiple profiles otherwise your mod will switch to whatever profile it thinks is best. The manual in nfe tools is a recommended read to understand the workings of af. Dave has instructions on his site on how to install af and tubo and settings to use

Ipe17

stock firmware is wipped out. But you can come back to stock fimrware: just need to download the firmware from eleaf website and flash it using NFE Tools

djchexxx

Does anyone know what gauge wire the coils are?

Edit: I looked at the website and it was there. 316 SS, 26/30 gauge, 2.5 mm ID with 6 wraps

Thank you mistvape!

Last edited:
djchexxx,
Top Bottom