• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Image Attachments

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't want to use a pic on the internet, I want to post my own image that is saved on my computer. I don't know what imgar is, and am not tech savvy. Is there a way to simply attach and post your own image?
For a short period of time the powers that be here enabled this capability, but for whatever reason known only to them they subsequently disabled it again. I'm guessing it had to do with paying for storage capability but that is just a guess.
Hosting images on IMGBB or IMGUR and dropping a link isn't hard once you get it down. There are descriptions of the process in a couple threads including this one and https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-sandbox-make-test-posts-here.13650/

Here is one of them.

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Maybe @vtac could edit the opening posts you say it's not available since wherever it was? Seems silly to have the tutorials when they don't work and it doesn't look like image hosting is coming back.

Then again our illustrious leader hasn't been seen since July so he probably won't see this message 😞

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Hosting images on IMGBB or IMGUR and dropping a link isn't hard once you get it down.
I had it down but as i just wanted to add a picture for that Halloween contest it seems that IMGBB doesn't work anymore?
Anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
Cause if i look back at my previous posts on here all the images seem to be showing as broken links suddenly?
Ain't that just sweet!
Here's to hoping this will be temporary only? But it shows the fragility of this external uploading imho...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
A little slow to load sometimes but imgbb still seems to be working for me...
Lotus-Caps.jpg

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
A little slow to load sometimes but imgbb still seems to be working for me...
Lotus-Caps.jpg
LoL

They're back!
Earlier today the site must have been down when i tried because when i checked the pictures i shared earlier in the "What's in your vape" topic it showed broken links and on the imgbb site itself all my albums were blank, showing only the digits attached to the posted images...

Ooh well, happy they're back even tho i look like a fool considering my previous post...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
No, not foolish looking as often paths are temporarily interrupted or sites temporarily go down. It does point out, however, that local storage would be more reliable if it were manageable here. I don't know if there are plans to bring it back.
If it *is* a financial decision I'm sure many of us would be willing to contribute...

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
The thing about members contributing to FC to offset the cost of image storage.......it's not a one and done. That contribution would have to occur over and over as time goes on. Having said that.....how much for a couple years? :brow:

If FC turned on image storage and then decided to turn it off in the future ..... pretty sure we wouldn't lose the pictures posted unless a cleanup occurred which is a plus.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@Cheebsy - take a look at the following from @Shit Snacks - it's a pretty good primer. As directed you'll only include the characters in blue.
Well in the meantime if this helps anyone, I still find it very simple to do, although it is an extra step going to another website first:
Screenshot-20220513-160228.png

So go to www.imgbb.com on your phone browser, upload photo, select full bb code from the drop-down, select to copy the text in the img brackets like I have above (except include that closing bracket lol) then paste here, post and your photo will show :tup:

His_Highness,
Reactions: Cheebsy
Top Bottom