• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pen Imag Plus

Reflexion

I'm disappointed to say that they stopped selling them directly. You now have to buy them on eBay or from their distributor for 100+ USD

What a bummer. I was just about to order one for my self. Maybe I'll get a flowermate or something instead. Not sure i want to shell out over a hundred for a Chinese vape with no real warranty or anything.
That's too bad...

Reflexion,

Rizzalso

I'm disappointed to say that they stopped selling them directly. You now have to buy them on eBay or from their distributor for 100+ USD

What a bummer. I was just about to order one for my self. Maybe I'll get a flowermate or something instead. Not sure i want to shell out over a hundred for a Chinese vape with no real warranty or anything.
That's too bad...

Definitely disappointing, but even at $119 it's still a solid vape for the money.

Rizzalso,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Classic "bait and switch" technic... Either they lure you with a low price then raise it when it gets traction, or they attract you with a good quality product at a low price, then later switch to a lower quality while keeping the same price...

KeroZen,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
keep calm guys. while i agree, that 120$ is a little more than I would want to spent on it, I'm sure very soon a lot of stores will carry these, for very different prices. If your from the US for example, the W9 Tech guys will sell it for 80$, as far as I know and you will save the 3% importing taxes, this way, too.
On DHGate a lot of companys offer the Imag+ already, but only bulk orders, right now (sooner or later they will also sell single units, I'm sure).
Honesty, the only reason why I would spent the 120$ is that you will get two vaporizers!
if you don't want the imag2, i would wait a couple of days. I'm sure you will be able to get them for around 80$, like the flowermate v.

Last edited:

Severmore

That's too bad...
You could order from W9tech (~$80 if 20% discount code is applied). Though they receive their supply at the end of this month, and I am not sure if any warranty will be offered, although I'd imagine so. Maybe inquire with @THC SCIENTIFIC?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I was able to get two from an alibaba seller for like $90 or so, I posted a link to a seller in the x-max thread. They would also sell one, but it's nearly the same price so get two and share with someone (or buy even more, then they're even cheaper!). Just make an alibaba account and message them, they'll try to work something out.

Anyway its too early for my review, but I will say its been going smoothly so far, although one tastes better than the other I think. I mainly have only used blue/374F bc the next level 410F is already kinda too hot for me usually and where the taste goes south real quick on either vape. I have gotten 3 or more two minute sessions just at blue though, so the short sessions are nice for a quickie and less waste, but you definitely need to run multiple sessions on a full load to cash it (unless you move up the temp ofcourse, but itll still likely take more than one session).

So I really wish it had like a 385 and/or 395 instead of 410 and/or 446, bc 374 is quite nice but I'd like to be able to get closer to 400 without going over it... I understand the higher temps are for concentrates but that's pretty useless to me so its a little annoying (but for this price I don't mind it so much, and I can always use those high temps to get really blasted really quick on the go if I need it, like for a movie it should be good).

However, the other negative is the mouthpiece, as it is quite restrictive airflow, one of the most I've experienced (maybe only slightly better than the FlowerMate). That little screen gets clogged up with herb as you pull, so you have pull extremely hard to get clouds I found, puffing on it works for this. The mouthpiece also gets hot with back to back sessions as well, and as others have said, cleaning will certainly be and issue with the plastic and unremovable screen.

I also wish there was a mouthpiece with 18mm connection, like the T-Vape had, so I could enjoy those higher temps more. I do like these better than T-Vape (and possibly FlowerMate too) in every other way though, simpler, so far more consistent and reliable, and battery life seems pretty solid so far too (a little over 45min maybe? I didn't run it down, but I did seem to get like 20 two minute sessions at red/446F during my burn offs and the battery hadn't even died yet at the point, but it did take a little while to charge back up so it must've been close.

More forthcoming...

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Yeah, the price jump was a little annoying, but I'm from an expensive place anyway so... The 1$ shipping still made it rather cheap for me.

Actually I ordered it for my GF, since she needs an easy to use portable that works with small loads.

NorVape,
Reactions: mrweed

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Just got delivered last night. Went through 8 high temp burn offs this morning. I have only done a couple cycles with it, but so far it's works like a fucking CHAMP. I did a bit of a low/med temp session then ramped up to high temp and did two cycles. The vapor wasn't too hot. It was putting out really nice clouds and I had good taste on the lower end temps. My material was pretty fluffy and only filled the chamber about half way when fresh. I stirred before my last cycle with a visual inspection also of the herb. I couldn't find any really charred parts and extraction looked fairly even. I dumped after the last 2nd high temp cycle but it looked like I could of squeezed another one out if I wanted to.

There are lots of pro's to this unit and after I spend some more time with it I will do a more comprehensive review.

Cons:
The biggest one so far does look like the filter in the mouth piece. While I do appreciate the fine filter to keep particles out of your mouth. I think a two piece filter that threaded or press fit together and then into the mouth piece would be huge help. You could have a coarse filter and then the fine filter to help prevent clogging reduce maintenance and achieve the same end result.

The mouth piece shape. While the shape is ergonomic for sipping on I think just a large ecig style mouth piece similar to a T-vape would be very useful to vapor enthusiast's the current design with the asymmetrical mouthpiece is going to take a bit more stoner ingenuity or highdea's to mate with a water pipe.

Gotta run. More to come soon and a video review in a couple days.

Edit: I also really like the ease of use. You turn it on, pick your heat setting and in 30 seconds or so you have vapor. No button to hold or difficult instructions on heat management or airflow to give people. It's kinda like a joint with a 2 minute timer, I am only a couple sessions in but I think it's going to be a really solid vape.

Last edited:

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
A couple things I have noticed..

Battery life is impressive I went through 20+ cycles yesterday and most were high temp. I was still going strong when I put it on the charger last night

Cycles are three minutes. Heat up to high temp took about 53 seconds last night this was one of the last of those 20+ cycles it did.

It appears that time of a cycle will extend if you change temps in the middle of a cycle.

The wax cup- it works and vapes well. Looks like it holds a good amount of wax. I tried it on low and med with good vapor production I will test on high later. The draw is pretty stiff though and could definitely use with some more air flow.

Cycle time I personally think it's pretty good at 3 mins which gives you a solid 2-2.5 mins of vaping.

I have put in my own pipe screen to make it have two stage filters and keep the fine mouth piece screen clear.

So far I have been really impressed with the imag +. I rigged it up to the bubbler last night with some silicone tubing and it was working like a champ.

@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd
I need one of your custom wpa's for this bad boy!

Anyone else used the wax cup yet?

Last edited:

Reflexion

The second screen in a good idea. I planned on doing the same. I found a relaxocig salesperson that was willing to sell a single unit for 70..

Do you find the draw to be restrictive like shit snacks?

Reflexion,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
The second screen in a good idea. I planned on doing the same. I found a relaxocig salesperson that was willing to sell a single unit for 70..

Do you find the draw to be restrictive like shit snacks?

Definitely if that mouth piece clogs which can happen fairly quickly depending on load size, grind, stickiness, etc. Having the pipe screen as the pre filter has helped significantly and even with my improvised screen I find the mouth piece filter is normally pretty clear. With it setup this way I don't find the draw restrictive to where it's annoying but certainly wouldn't mind a bit more airflow through that mouth piece. I prefer fairly unrestricted vapes too (SSV, UD, Lotus, etc)'

Shit Snacks

Second screen, may have to try that.
Mine worked well today outdoors in a group of 2-6 people, passing around. I packed it pretty full like I would with the indica (full, pack down, then fill up again) and got nice clouds on blue for 3 or more sessions, then bumping to green for a while, or just starting at green for crazy clouds right away. It lasted a while this way, probably getting 4-6 sessions a bowl. But so the sessions are 3 minutes really? Hadn't been counting really, or noticing that it was longer if I switched the temp, I will try to though.

Taste was pretty decent too, especially at blue with a full pack. It just can hit the AVB taste sooner otherwise, the higher temps hit it quick, especially if you did sessions at blue first. I'm getting used to the airflow even without a screen, the full pack helped as well, at least keeping the herb from clogging the screen as much. I was considering poking bugger holes in my mouthpiece screen...

Anyway I'd say the first weekend was successful. More testing needed and coming ofcourse

CidKudi

Man on the Moon
You could order from W9tech (~$80 if 20% discount code is applied). Though they receive their supply at the end of this month, and I am not sure if any warranty will be offered, although I'd imagine so. Maybe inquire with @THC SCIENTIFIC?

What is the discount code? The link on the website that is supposed to go to their authorized ebay seller no longer works. I'm a little skeptical about this Imag 2 promotion because of this line:

6.Relaxotech reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this giveaway in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the giveaway is compromised, without liability to the entrant.

Sounds like they can just cancel the promotion for any reason. Doesn't make me feel comfortable shelling out $120.

CidKudi,

Shit Snacks

Second screen, may have to try that.
Mine worked well today outdoors in a group of 2-6 people, passing around. I packed it pretty full like I would with the indica (full, pack down, then fill up again) and got nice clouds on blue for 3 or more sessions, then bumping to green for a while, or just starting at green for crazy clouds right away. It lasted a while this way, probably getting 4-6 sessions a bowl. But so the sessions are 3 minutes really? Hadn't been counting really, or noticing that it was longer if I switched the temp, I will try to though.

Taste was pretty decent too, especially at blue with a full pack. It just can hit the AVB taste sooner otherwise, the higher temps hit it quick, especially if you did sessions at blue first. I'm getting used to the airflow even without a screen, the full pack helped as well, at least keeping the herb from clogging the screen as much. I was considering poking bugger holes in my mouthpiece screen...

Anyway I'd say the first weekend was successful. More testing needed and coming ofcourse

Ah just wanted to add that aside from me and my gf the rest of the group the Imag was used with had never used an herbal vape before. They had used ecigs and concentrate vapes, heard of volcano of course, but they did not know a vape like this existed for dry herb. Needless to say I had to tell them where to purchase for themselves...

I still suggest alibaba, cheapest way to go (especially ordering multiple), and with no warranty or reliability record, I wouldn't want to spend more than 50-80 on one of these just yet. However it already outperforms many more expensive products and is certainly nice, it just goes to show how overpriced some other models can be...

Severmore

What is the discount code? The link on the website that is supposed to go to their authorized ebay seller no longer works.
Use discount code "THEORIGINAL" for ~20% off...bringing the price of the unit to $79.20 before shipping and handling. However, it is clearly stated on the website that W9tech will not begin shipping the Imag+ until the end of September. I'd like to pick one up, but need to await monies to spend and a few more positive reviews.

Moreover, I am not sure what link you are talking about. One on W9tech site or elsewhere?

Severmore,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Sounds like they can just cancel the promotion for any reason. Doesn't make me feel comfortable shelling out $120.

I understand what your saying but that's a fairly standard disclaimer for any type of contest or promotion google "give away disclaimer" and read the fine prints they pretty much all have a clause like that.

I talked to Imag last night they were quick to reply to my email with suggestions and appreciative of the critical feed back. It sounds like Imag is watching our thread and taking all the feedback into consideration :clap:

I asked if the unit was capable of pass through usage. They said it was not suggested and could damage the battery. I don't think the manual mentioned it I'll have to take another look though and confirm.

They said that both the imag 2 and the imag pen will have non replaceable batteries and charged with the same mini USB cable.

They also wanted to relay that there is small piece of protective film covering the bottom of the unit next to the charging port that can be removed to make it shinier

I noticed today that the unit appears to terminate the heating indication in relation to actual temperature and not some predetermined amount of time.

Still really digging this little guy it put out vapor thick enough on hi heat that it caught me by suprise and had me coughing.

CidKudi

Man on the Moon
Moreover, I am not sure what link you are talking about. One on W9tech site or elsewhere?

Thank you for the coupon code! Sorry, I meant the Imagvape.com site not W9tech. When you go to the Imag Plus product page the "Buy" link returns an ebay search page with no imag plus result.

I understand what your saying but that's a fairly standard disclaimer for any type of contest or promotion google "give away disclaimer" and read the fine prints they pretty much all have a clause like that.

That's what I figured. I just take extra caution when dealing with foreign companies. If you get screwed out of a promotion there's really nothing to do about it.

CidKudi

Man on the Moon
So I emailed them about the ebay link being down and got this message:

Hi [CidKudi],

Imag have been removed on ebay,dry herb vaporizer is forbidden there.

Pls buy Imag+ on this website:

http://www.sameapple.com/index.php/imag-plus-imag-3-in-1-flexible-design-vaporizing-pen.html

The good thing is it's $10 cheaper there ($109)

Edit: If you want a different color than the picture in that one search "Imag plus" on the website.
Good news, free shipping and a 60 day money back/replacement guarantee.

I think I'm gonna take the dive and order one. Heard enough good things for it to be worth it.

Last edited:
CidKudi,

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
so far i love mine. hated the mouthpiece though so i rigged up a new one. dont no how to rotate it
wcnxux.jpg

Shit Snacks

Nice! Any chance for additional pics? I should try to rig something up myself... 18mm water connection would be especially useful as well

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Puffers
Top Bottom