Illinois and weed

strech

If those were regular prices I would feel a little better about dispensaries, even tho still high priced. Still way high for sale prices...
I agree.

I do see once JB opens the state up to new growers we will see a huge change in both price and quality.

strech,
Reactions: Magic9

Gunky

Sunnyside has 2 1/8 for $99.

View attachment 3907
Whoa, that's considered a happy sale price and a great deal - $400 an ounce? Holy crap.

You know, if those two democrats win the US Senate runoffs in Georgia, we might have federal legalization and Illinois' corrupt price structure will have to contend with legit west-coast and Colorado imports!

Last edited:

strech

Whoa, that's considered a happy sale price and a great deal - $400 an ounce? Holy crap.

You know, if those two democrats win the US Senate runoffs in Georgia, we might have federal legalization and Illinois' corrupt price structure will have to contend with legit west-coast and Colorado imports!
You would be lucky extremely lucky to find a dispensary to sell you an ounce without nickel and diming you to that oz. Most in one package I've seen is a 1/2 oz and that was shake.

1/2oz popcorn is $150 from sunnyside. Looks like they got more then shake now.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, this is how Washington state compares.

For example their most expensive 1G carts are $45

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
and its $150-200 on the street:rofl:
Maybe in Cali where you are, but the best BM price for top shelf I have seen here in years is about $250, and that is when I get 3. One offs are more like $300 from my current guy, and my last guy was closer to $350.

Due to the crazy disp pricing here some BM guys have gone up in price.

Gunky

Last time I went to a dispensary in Oregon, the highest price, premium strain, 1 oz was $200. Cheapo deals about $100/oz. These post-legalization prices in Illinois and other places are a blip.

Always push for home grow rights! They help lower the price of store-bought.

Tranquility

Tranquility,
Reactions: unsorted

strech

Maybe in Cali where you are, but the best BM price for top shelf I have seen here in years is about $250, and that is when I get 3. One offs are more like $300 from my current guy, and my last guy was closer to $350.

Due to the crazy disp pricing here some BM guys have gone up in price.
That sucks just got a text OZ of Tutti Frutti for $150 from one of my BM guys.

strech,
Reactions: Magic9

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast

Gigsabits53

I took a road trip over to Illinois yesterday and made my very first legal weed purchase. Told the guy I wanted high THC content and purchased 2 grams of live resin and an eighth of flower for $240. It is definitely expensive but I wanted to test the waters.

The flower is really good. The live resins are both ok, not great. It was all Cresco Labs stuff.

Texus

I took a road trip over to Illinois yesterday and made my very first legal weed purchase. Told the guy I wanted high THC content and purchased 2 grams of live resin and an eighth of flower for $240. It is definitely expensive but I wanted to test the waters.

The flower is really good. The live resins are both ok, not great. It was all Cresco Labs stuff.
Yeah, Cresco is a mixed bag. Generally middle of the pack in Illinois. Their LLR carts are among the best carts out there. Flower and concentrate are very strain specific. Jet Fuel Gelato is really good, and I've heard a lot of good things about their Pineapple Express concentrate. While they all have hits and misses, I'd consider Aeriz, Bedford Grow and Revolution top tier, and would prob place Rythym and Grassroots a bit ahead of Cresco in my rankings. Near the bottom? Verano. People actually talk about being "Verano'd", which is not a good thing.

And in general, much IL flower can be dryer than most would like. I consider a Boveda essential for the IL flower I've bought with only a few exceptions.

Gigsabits53

Thanks for the information @Texus, much appreciated! I should have done some more research before I went over to purchase. The flower I got is a strain called Wedding Cake. I'm pretty impressed with it, the potency is there, at least for what I'm used to getting. I wish I would have bought more of that.

Gigsabits53,

Texus

Thanks for the information @Texus, much appreciated! I should have done some more research before I went over to purchase. The flower I got is a strain called Wedding Cake. I'm pretty impressed with it, the potency is there, at least for what I'm used to getting. I wish I would have bought more of that.
Wedding Cake is another of Cresco's better strains. Last batch I got certainly benefited from a Boveda.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I also have a grudge with Cresco... been let down too many times by too many of their products, and perhaps I am just more accustomed to better materials.

FWIW, I've also tried that Wedding Cake of theirs. As much as I was under-impressed with the actual flower, it squished out into an outstanding rosin and would likely pick up again. Is seems that strain was offered right at, or shortly after, legalization. They really need to find their feet and spread out into some new genetics. That said, I would buy more to squish.

I am curious, what Illinois brands are offering the finest hash rosin?
I tend to be mostly in Aurora and Elgin with little time, but will travel a bit further for top shelf.

Any suggestions?

Texus

I also have a grudge with Cresco... been let down too many times by too many of their products, and perhaps I am just more accustomed to better materials.

FWIW, I've also tried that Wedding Cake of theirs. As much as I was under-impressed with the actual flower, it squished out into an outstanding rosin and would likely pick up again. Is seems that strain was offered right at, or shortly after, legalization. They really need to find their feet and spread out into some new genetics. That said, I would buy more to squish.

I am curious, what Illinois brands are offering the finest hash rosin?
I tend to be mostly in Aurora and Elgin with little time, but will travel a bit further for top shelf.

Any suggestions?
I've mostly seen reports that NuEra hash rosin is a bit subpar. But have seen little on menus in general.

Texus,
Top Bottom