• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Illinois and weed

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I shamelessly looked up their location as well!
... too far for me, I am usually in St.Charles.

FlyingLow,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, if they were giving stuff away that might drag me into the shitty, but those price breaks are a long way from giving stuff away...

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'll keep an eye on it in case something else drags me into the shitty. Otherwise I mostly hang in the burbs...

cybrguy,

strech

Only place in the burbs I've been is Sunnyside in elmwood park.

How are prices on edibles in the burbs?

Here you can catch 100mg for 20ish bucks goin up to 30 for some products .

I will post up the November sales sheet tomorrow. Freedom fudgies for $18 is all I remember.

Last edited:
strech,

strech

Disturbing to see SALES prices still exceed $50 per eighth.

Black markets must LOVE this...
Its like we went on a time warp. Cause I remember high end 1/8ths
Costing $50 20 years ago black market. I get oz for under $200 black market. Best deal is 1/2 oz of shake for $75.

It really is sad how they are inflating prices. Then again Peak demand pricing is fully in effect.

buckhakeesah

I'm so glad I can finally ditch the BM. Every grower in IL has had issues from personal experience. I've given them second chances and they all have great stuff worth exploring. It's a way better experience than the BM route. Thank God we have this 🙏

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: Magic9

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
PLEASE post your dispensary, brand and strain recommendations, we could all use your guidance. What is worth exploring?

What have you had that has made you sooooo thankful? My head is spinning over here. :hmm:

Rab42

Mindful has half ozs of love triangle by Columbia care for 165 , same thing being sold for 200 down the street. My first time dabbling in Columbia care , true popcorn nugs but still frosty, and purple, great mellow high at low doses, heavier doses induce that heavy eye feeling. good stuff definitely recommended at that price.

Rab42,

pop22

It's sad that the legal marketers are bigger thieves than the black market! I'm buying GOOD weed for $150 oz. I guess the way to look at it is, good to know the little guy still have a healthy market lol!

Its like we went on a time warp. Cause I remember high end 1/8ths
Costing $50 20 years ago black market. I get oz for under $200 black market. Best deal is 1/2 oz of shake for $75.

It really is sad how they are inflating prices. Then again Peak demand pricing is fully in effect.

pop22,

pop22

Mindful has half ozs of love triangle by Columbia care for 165 , same thing being sold for 200 down the street. My first time dabbling in Columbia care , true popcorn nugs but still frosty, and purple, great mellow high at low doses, heavier doses induce that heavy eye feeling. good stuff definitely recommended at that price.
At those prices I hope my state never goes legal........

pop22,
Reactions: Rab42

Rab42

It was decent until it went fully legal then the price gauging got out of hand. Once the politicians get their hands in the pot forget about it. The true benefit of having a medical card here is being able to grow your own, im just a lazy fuck and haven't gotten on it yet.

Rab42,
Reactions: pop22

Gigsabits53

Considering a move to Illinois. What benefits would I get for medical on price? How does it actually work? Can you buy as much as you want or is there a limit set? I understand you can grow your own under medical and I'm sure they limit the # of plants.

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: Magic9

Rab42

20-60 dollar price difference in just taxes between medical and recreational. I believe the limit is 2 and half ounces every 2 weeks I've never gotten close to hitting the limit so not entirely sure. Only medical can legally grow, and they limit it to five plants .

strech

Basic limit for med is 2.5 oz every 2 weeks. You can get it bumped up to 5 oz with a doctor note and a bit of extra coin to the state.

Med can grow up to 5 plants over 5-6 inches. Don't remember the cut off for height. Anyone else caught with 5 or less plants Is a misdemeanor $100 fine without med card. Growing has a few other rules like can't be seen from public view and I believe indoors behind a locked door. So no front window grows!!!

Most Shops also have a med line that gets priority service. Every shop I've been into has a separate med line so you don't have to wait for rec customer. All of them also let med users jump any outside line also (covid makes for long line when 6ft apart.). The shop I use haseasy online pre-order. I make my list and spend only a few minutes inside the shop.

buckhakeesah

PLEASE post your dispensary, brand and strain recommendations, we could all use your guidance. What is worth exploring?

What have you had that has made you sooooo thankful? My head is spinning over here. :hmm:
Thankful that I do not have to rely on a black market person to get this stuff any longer. That hurdle is worth it to me , at this higher premium. I'm not happy about the pricing, heck no. It needs to come down and hopefuly will.

I don't have a favorite dispensary. I do frequent Greenhouse but I'll travel for deals all over Chicago area. Everyone is going to have their own personal favorites but from what I've had from each cultivator here are some of my recommendations:

Florida Orange and Dosido F2 Revolution
Lava Cake, Ice Cream Cake and GG4 from Aeriz.
Lavender Jones, Dosido and Sour Diesel from Rythm.
Verano super glu , gpurps and sunshine og, the Verano smalls that came out recently were dry but pretty darn good. Verano gets some deserved hate but their genetics just seem to work well for me.
Cresco slurricrasher was pretty good.

If you have any specific questions. Pm me.

Last edited:

Kins

I'm so glad I can finally ditch the BM. Every grower in IL has had issues from personal experience. I've given them second chances and they all have great stuff worth exploring. It's a way better experience than the BM route. Thank God we have this 🙏

Bowel Movement?....Oh "Black Market"!

pop22

I can see living in a big city how the black market could be less than desirable..... In small towns like where I live, you know who your getting your weed from, hell, I know every grower in the county lol!

pop22,

pop22

I have not gotten anything so bad from a dispensary that I have become ungrateful of the changes in the laws.
Dispensary weed can be a year old before it hits the shelf. Not so much in early markets but a year from now, you'll be lucky to find top shelf even that's actually fresh. And most corporate grows chop at eight weeks, ready or not. So yes, they can have acceptable weed, what's not easy to find is real quality weed. Yes, it's out there, but finding it's not cheap lol! But unless you've experienced the difference, you might not know.

pop22,

strech

Dispensary weed can be a year old before it hits the shelf. Not so much in early markets but a year from now, you'll be lucky to find top shelf even that's actually fresh. And most corporate grows chop at eight weeks, ready or not. So yes, they can have acceptable weed, what's not easy to find is real quality weed. Yes, it's out there, but finding it's not cheap lol! But unless you've experienced the difference, you might not know.
I have yet to buy flower from a shop. First crop of home grown should last till the next crop is ready.

Edibles and extracts are all I buy. I should be able to grow enough to make my own edibles and extracts next year when I relocate from the city.

Top Bottom