hydrology9 by cloudious9

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Okay, so I got some time away from the VapBong. The NX is actually quite nice for flower, its very smooth and extract swell, it allows for quite long session and temperature stepping which combined with the water filtration, produced very cool, moist, and tasty hits, even at the highest temperature. I think everyone that has tried it agrees here. For concentrate, I think the water and the airpath is too restrictive, that I didn't see any vapor coming out of my mouth, which is fine, but I also didn't really feel I received any of the medicinal benefits that Ii would with far less material on my M22 or Crystal2 per say, let alone a full-size rig like the Tsunami. I am way over due on this. I would buy the product with the herb chamber for sure, it's definitely a keeper.

Last edited:

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
The NX is fantastic for flower, it's been growing on me I love it. Small battery problem though, but they are shipping a replacement unit right away. CS is fantastic too. I'll give concentrate another try, I just think the water removed the heavy rip, but let me see the effects when I have nothing in my system, I do love the taste of a cool dab, which you font get with this. Flower is up there with the best of the best though!

Yahman

I've had the original Hydrolgy9 and the newer Hydrology9 NX. As a person with asthma who vapes "flowers" on a daily basis, I find that vaping with water is much easier on my lungs. I've had a number of issues with the original Hydrology 9, the stirrer constantly breaking, constant water leakage, short battery life, etc. But I loved it nonetheless. When they came out with the new Hydrology9 NX, I was quite excited and was initially very happy with it, until the problems started. I purchased mine directly from Cloudious9 in March 2021. Before delving into the problems I had with my Hydrology9 NX, I first want to say that CLoudious9 customer service is simply extraordinary. I have dealt with Amanda, who has been patient and very supportive. My issues started when the heating element at the bottom of the concentrate chamber kind of disintegrated. Cloudious9 promptly sent me a new concentrate chamber for free. Then, the dial on the main unit would no longer change the temperature, with it stuck at the highest temperature level. Cloudious promptly sent me a new main unit. The next issue I had was that the unit would no longer charge with the magnetic charger. All these problems occurred after disassembling the unit to clean it. Cloudious9 cannot expect regular users to only change the water, especially if you vape concentrates, which quickly clogs the air intake, etc. It became quite obvious to me that the issue underlying all these problems is the fact that the electronics are not properly sealed and allow water to seep in the electronics, which is a very bad combination for a device like this. I had to charge the battery with my old main unit that would not allow me to change the temperature and switch the battery to the main unit that did allow me to change the temperature but that did not charge with the magnetic charger.

I kind of got tired of going through this process every day and I told Cloudious9 that I was at my wit's end. I offered to send everything back for them to see for themselves what I was dealing with and find solutions to avoid these problems. They refunded my whole purchase but did not force me to return anything, which I would have been glad to do. I can only surmise that other users have had the same issues and that they know the cause of these issues. This is really too bad because when it works properly, this is a real bad-ass vaporizer. Bottom line is that since their vape works with water, they need to seal off the electronics completely, in a fool-proof manner. The replaceable rubber seal that they use right now on top of the electronics is simply not adequate. Cleaning this unit properly means that it has to be taken apart completely and the risk of water seeping into the electronics of the device is simply too high. They need to address this issue seriously or their device will never be ready for mass consumption.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
this whole concept was gimmicky at best, you can use many top quality vapes with water... the industry never needed hydrology9.

FlyingLow,

Yahman

this whole concept was gimmicky at best, you can use many top quality vapes with water... the industry never needed hydrology9.
Could you please direct me to a solid water vape? I almost pulled the trigger to purchase the DrDabber Switch but I read many comments to the effect that it does not work well with "flowers". So, I'm still looking...

Yahman,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Fuck nah, only go that road if you want to compromise on everything a vape can be.

Get any water piece you love, bubbler, bong, chubbler, etc and pair it with any top vape. I tend to go with a P80, but you will have great luck finding a eNano or MiniVap. Both are TOP performers that pair easily to water.

The hybrid products are novelties...

Yahman

Fuck nah, only go that road if you want to compromise on everything a vape can be.

Get any water piece you love, bubbler, bong, chubbler, etc and pair it with any top vape. I tend to go with a P80, but you will have great luck finding a eNano or MiniVap. Both are TOP performers that pair easily to water.

The hybrid products are novelties...
Thanks, much appreciated.

I vape hash with a Dynavap attached to a bubbler. You need a torch for the Dynavap as well as a bubbler. That's why an integrated solution like the Hydrology9 /Hydrology9 NX was attractive. Unfortunately, the Hydrology9 NX is not ready for primetime until they properly seal their electronics and make their batteries easy to remove and charge. I'll try vaping "flowers" with the Dynavap and my bubbler. Strangely enough, I only used my Dynavap with hash so far. Will try it with "flowers" too. I've had a number of vapes throughout the years: Mighty (lots of problems with faulty power on electronics and batteries), the first version of the Da Vinci, Da Vinci Q, Vapir, MV1, Hydology9, Da Vinci Q2, Hydrology9 NX, etc. Of all these garden variety vapes, the best one for me is the Da Vinci Q2. The worst was by far the MV1. The Da Vinci Q2 is not great to attach to my current bubbler but it still works fine. In the end, these vapes all end up with some problem and don't last very long. The Dynavaps are the best. No electronics, no gimmicks, solidly built and long-lasting.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Last edited:
Yahman,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks, much appreciated.

I vape hash with a Dynavap attached to a bubbler. You need a torch for the Dynavap as well as a bubbler. That's why an integrated solution like the Hydrology9 /Hydrology9 NX was attractive. Unfortunately, the Hydrology9 NX is not ready for primetime until they properly seal their electronics and make their batteries easy to remove and charge. I'll try vaping "flowers" with the Dynavap and my bubbler. Strangely enough, I only used my Dynavap with hash so far. Will try it with "flowers" too. I've had a number of vapes throughout the years: Mighty (lots of problems with faulty power on electronics and batteries), the first version of the Da Vinci, Da Vinci Q, Vapir, MV1, Hydology9, Da Vinci Q2, Hydrology9 NX, etc. Of all these garden variety vapes, the best one for me is the Da Vinci Q2. The worst was by far the MV1. The Da Vinci Q2 is not great to attach to my current bubbler but it still works fine. In the end, these vapes all end up with some problem and don't last very long. The Dynavaps are the best. No electronics, no gimmicks, solidly built and long-lasting.

Thanks again for the feedback.

I would recommend grabbing a tinymight or cloud connoisseur plugin vape, keep an eye out for the firewood 8, and good water piece

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Ramahs

Truth Seeker

The cloudious 9 is one of the worst units I ever bought. Trashed it, regret the purchase it was a total waste of money.

Truth Seeker,
Reactions: SteveKe
Top Bottom