How to clean vape parts and reclaim resin

howie105

Has anyone been successful in cleaning the silicone whip tubing? I do not want to reclaim the resin but I would like to eliminate the yellow haze I have going on in my tube. For the most part my tube is real clean except for the haze.

I have a short piece of silicon tubing used as a dry stem and as a connector to glass that gets an ISO rinse after every use the best I can do is slow the yellowing process and keep it from smelling. Perhaps its just the surface texture that holds the colouring, I try to ignore it as much as possible.

howie105,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Reclaim from the outerwall of the ol' Nectar Collector after drying w/ heat and evap w/ fan:

N3wWsdn.jpg

Mmmmm, tasty honey:

frswDXC.jpg

into the fridge prior to final scrape:

cnPObJ5.jpg

:D

Boxman

Last time I cleaned my Mighty, I ended up with a jar of resin-infused ISO, which I sat outside for a couple of weeks to let the ISO evaporate off. Once all the alcohol appeared to be gone, I scraped the resin off the bottom of the jar and vaped it.

But after a couple of pulls, I quickly realized I could taste the alcohol in the vapor (most unpleasant, and possibly dangerous).

How dry does the reclaim have to be? Is it safe to vape this stuff if some alcohol still remains in the resin? I let mine evaporate off for a long time, but apparently it still wasn't enough. Does the reclaim need to be basically bone-dry before you can safely vape it?

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Last time I cleaned my Mighty, I ended up with a jar of resin-infused ISO, which I sat outside for a couple of weeks to let the ISO evaporate off. Once all the alcohol appeared to be gone, I scraped the resin off the bottom of the jar and vaped it.

But after a couple of pulls, I quickly realized I could taste the alcohol in the vapor (most unpleasant, and possibly dangerous).

How dry does the reclaim have to be? Is it safe to vape this stuff if some alcohol still remains in the resin? I let mine evaporate off for a long time, but apparently it still wasn't enough. Does the reclaim need to be basically bone-dry before you can safely vape it?

I was actually wondering the same thing recently.

I had a small amount of ISO so let it evaporate on a plate, towards the end I sped up process by heating the plate with a hair dryer.

By the time I scraped the reclaim off it was crispy as anything, 100% dry so surely it must be ISO free?

When I vape the stuff it does seem to have a strange flavor, what do people think?

bluenavey00,

SativaShaman

I just wanted to say that the reclaim in many of these photos is too black. The photo the Op posted with the original article looks like sand - a mixture of light, medium, and black particles. I'm a wax vaper, and for me, the reclaim needs to be as golden yellow as the wax was. In the beginning I was burning my wax a little and the reclaim was dingy grey. Black reclaim is a mixture of THC oil and nasty pipe resin.

SativaShaman,

gaseous_clay

I began cleaning my glass the other day. One piece is a bit awkward, so I tried laying it in a class pan & filling with ISO, then covered with saran wrap. Worked ok, but I need to get a good, tall & narrow container.

Here's where the fun happened, and a major WARNING. I had the pan on the stove. There was some spillage. I completely forgot that ISO is flammable & went to make eggs this morning. Immediately the entire recessed area around the burners on that side of the stove shot up in flames 2 ft high. So yeah. I tried to blow up my apartment. (All is good though. Grabbed a towel, threw it in the sink, smothered the fire, went crazy when the towel caught fire, put the towel fire out, used the same towel to finish putting out the stove, cleaned the living fuck out of the stove, fried up my eggs and had breakfast.

ISO is alcohol. It is flamable, just like a shot of whisky.

Don't blow up.

giphy.gif

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Quick ISO + salt on the ol' hour-glass recycler:

Before:
p6JqQEG.jpg

After:

IbT9dQh.jpg

Surprising how much better the action is when clean.

:D

alittledabwilldoya',

vapohead

The best IMHO is the 95% ethanol, that you buy in your liquor store, to make some fruit liquor...
just the shaking of the alko in the glassware is a little bit annoying
then just let it evaporate in the air, or if you're in a hurry, put the container with the resin+ethanol in 2 pots, one with water, bain-marie style ;)

cooking out the alko in the oven won't work, it'll just cook your oil and you will get a very bad barbeque taste.

vapohead,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Does thc, in iso99.7, degrade over time???

I'm trying to see how much reclaim I can suspend in my iso before I evaporate,

Iso isn't cheap here so I want to maximise it's use...

It's already pretty dark now, I keep it away from sunlight obviously.

How far can i go with it? And will it yeild stronger product? Or just more of it???

General_Led

The resin that collects in many vape parts is like gold, a very very high THC content.

The resin that collects on smoking gear like bongs and pipes is grim and filled with nastiness.

I guess that's why you feel like it's bad?
I would guess that the resin in a vape may be cleaner.. But resin in a bong and such seem like it would be filled with tar... Which is not good for you from what I understand. Even if the resin from a bong has a high thc content, is it really worth it?

General_Led,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Does thc, in iso99.7, degrade over time???

I'm trying to see how much reclaim I can suspend in my iso before I evaporate,

Iso isn't cheap here so I want to maximise it's use...

It's already pretty dark now, I keep it away from sunlight obviously.

How far can i go with it? And will it yeild stronger product? Or just more of it???

I just emptied my Iso cleaning jar & I let it get the colour of the 2nd beer from the left if not a little darker. That was probably 8 weeks wort of cleaning everything from EQ baskets & Air screens to stems & elbows/tubes. I strained it through a coffee filter & have left it for a couple of days to evap & it looks good for reclaim & should be around 1g. I get expensive electronics Iso for $9 for 250ml & I go through a bottle every 6 weeks or so.

Variety-of-Beer-006.jpg

Stevenski,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I use high quality iso too.. 15 quid for a litre from an electronic shop.

8 weeks is about what I do too.

I have a seperate shot glass for the screens, and a tall glass for stems an adapters...

I get better oil not using the screen iso, I only reclaim from wands and adapters,
Seems to make a huge difference to me...
Much cleaner oil.

Mine is normally the colour of 3rd from left...

howie105

To stretch my ISO supply I went with two ISO containers, one to do the initial cleaning in and one as a finishing rinse. When the finishing ISO starts looking too dirty it becomes the initial rinse and gets replaced with fresh ISO in the cleaning container. Its cut my ISO cleaning consumption by a significant amount and yes I am that cheap.

Trypsy Summers

Maybe I'm a little different from the rest, as I use my (handheld) steam cleaner to clean my shit!!
If I'm cleaning the EQ, then I clean the little elbow bowl and all the glass with steam, and it does a great job, and without the ISO residual stink. I have used this method for years and it works well. (although to be fair, I do use a little ISO now and again)

My equipment consists of a set of tweezers to hold the elbow/glass, an oven glove to protect my hand and the steamer, If the tube is stuck to the glass, after a couple of sprays, it ain't!! Furthermore; you can spray down the tubing (I prefer silicone to food grade PVC) and clean it using a pipe cleaner or similar brush, especially near the glass connect point, where it can become discolored!

I also clean my S & B products using the steamer, it works a treat.

Trypsy Summers,
Reactions: Stevenski

Bad Ocelot

My reclaim, mostly from wax attys & the inner glass tube/screen from the ascent, is always an odd texture. Too goopy to easily deal with at room temp & super brittle after going in the fridge for a couple minutes or even less sometimes. Does anyone else have this issue?

I just wanted to say that the reclaim in many of these photos is too black. The photo the Op posted with the original article looks like sand - a mixture of light, medium, and black particles. I'm a wax vaper, and for me, the reclaim needs to be as golden yellow as the wax was. In the beginning I was burning my wax a little and the reclaim was dingy grey. Black reclaim is a mixture of THC oil and nasty pipe resin.

I feel like I rarely overcook dabs, & I don't use the ISO i use to clean the actual nail in my reclaim batch. When it evaporates it's usually yellowish, but upon scraping becomes a dark brown. There's definitely an off flavor to it as well. I winterize & filter it but still has that strange flavor... Most of the reclaim is from attys though so I suppose some of the stuff around the edges there gets heated repeatedly. Could that be causing the unusually dark color & strange taste?

Bad Ocelot,

The Stranger

Account Closed
Hmm, I've always been a bit too lazy to reclaim anything out of my nano stem but I think I am going to start making a tincture with it actually.

That's easy enough I think, just get some Everclear and reuse it every time I need to clean the stem. Eventually I'll have a very potent potion. :nod:

Bud

Grinders..... I GOT IT ALL kik me buz420
Everclear has always worked best for reclaim or cleaning

Bud,

Dynalowrider

I have a little vial with Everclear in it that I soak the mouthpiece of my Haze in. When the Everclear gets full, (dark), I make a drink. Cheers all. Doc

disruptxd

First time QWISO .. 91% ISO, put into a pyrex and then boiled water, since my place has NO ventilation i went down 6 flights with boiled water and put it under the pyrex outside the building. took 2-3 hrs.

What do you guys think ?

disruptxd,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I ate alot of reclaim yesterday and I was hammered all day and night, very surprised at its power, I never felt it was any good when vaped, and tasted rough....

But to eat, it didn't taste too bad...
Mixed with icing sugar and lemon extract...

Maybe reclaim is more potent than I realised...
http://mcrlabs.com/blog/we-tested-reclaim-and-this-is-what-we-found/

Now I can look forward to a day of fuzziness once a month...

Top Bottom