• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How often do you: Change your bong water / Clean your bong thoroughly?

How often do you: Change your bong water / Clean your bong thoroughly? (Choose 1 for each group)

• Full Clean: Everyday

• Full Clean: Twice a week

• Full Clean: Once a Week

• Full Clean: Once every two weeks

• Full Clean: Once a month

• Full Clean: Less than Once a month

• Water change: Every session

• Water change: Every several sessions

• Water change: Every week

• Water change: Whenever it gets visibly dirty and/or tastes bad (greater than a week)

Results are only viewable after voting.

EverythingsHazy

Curious how often you guys clean your bongs. (Votes not public, and can be changed.)

Also, has anyone noticed that if you don't clean the water after several uses, when it starts getting oily, that the bubbles stack a lot more. It's kinda cool, but it can cause water to go into the mouthpieces of some pieces, depending on their size/design.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Zingbuddah

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I change the water in mine daily, using cranberry extract to help keep the inside walls as clean as possible between cleanings.

That's really interesting. Cranberry prevents bacteria from adhering to the walls of the urethra, preventing UTI's. It makes sense that it would work in the manner you are using it as well. I may try it. :)

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
That's really interesting. Cranberry prevents bacteria from adhering to the walls of the urethra, preventing UTI's. It makes sense that it would work in the manner you are using it as well. I may try it. :)

You totally should, it definitely works. I just add 1-2 drops in my recycler, and it GREATLY reduces the amount of reclaim sticking to the glass. You should check out this thread for more info about it. The thread starts off in regards to the product RezBlock, but people soon discovered RezBlock is essentially just cranberry extract, which is much cheaper to obtain.

Regarding the OP: I change my water once a day (multiple sessions), and do a full clean every month or so.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I use home distilled 'warmed' water in my WP, and will typically dump and rinse out after an evenings sessions. Complete ISO cleaning once a week.

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Use a newly cleaned bong each day, with water replaced several times a day.

Essentially, I treat my bongs much like dishes and glasses. Most of us wouldn't eat breakfast cereal from a bowl crusty with last nights lasagna residue inside because that would be disgusting. Also, I won't share a bong with anyone but my wife just like I would with a fork or spoon. Guests can pick a bong from the glass cabinet though.

If I ever find my ultimate Chinese cheap glass bong, I have a fantasy of buying a wholesale lot of them so that I can always have a set of clean ones like I do with beer or wine glasses.

That bong would have a straight tube design and be short enough to fit in the dishwasher. I do have one single honeycomb bong that comes out of the dishwasher perfectly, but it was a random purchase from a dispensary so it's not replaceable.

herbivore21

Full clean/reclaim daily if not every 2 days.

I have a high tolerance and use a lot of bud through my sublimator, which when running through a water path will seriously gunk up a piece! As such, I clean my Luke Wilson (which is always on flower duty) piece thoroughly with ISO every day. I clean my oil piece every 2-3 days, as this gets used a lot less lately (while I wait for my dedicated d-nail to come through) :D

EverythingsHazy

I change the water in mine daily, using cranberry extract to help keep the inside walls as clean as possible between cleanings.

How much extract do you use? Store-bought?
Does it affect the flavor in any way?

Use a newly cleaned bong each day, with water replaced several times a day.

Essentially, I treat my bongs much like dishes and glasses. Most of us wouldn't eat breakfast cereal from a bowl crusty with last nights lasagna residue inside because that would be disgusting. Also, I won't share a bong with anyone but my wife just like I would with a fork or spoon. Guests can pick a bong from the glass cabinet though.

If I ever find my ultimate Chinese cheap glass bong, I have a fantasy of buying a wholesale lot of them so that I can always have a set of clean ones like I do with beer or wine glasses.

That bong would have a straight tube design and be short enough to fit in the dishwasher. I do have one single honeycomb bong that comes out of the dishwasher perfectly, but it was a random purchase from a dispensary so it's not replaceable.

That would be pretty cool. It would probably work best with simple bongs and no percs aside from maybe a honeycomb.

What if we alternate between full clean and just water changes, need to allow multiple votes :science:

I allowed 2 choices to be selected, so you could pick one from each group.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
How much extract do you use? Store-bought?
Does it affect the flavor in any way?

I use Nature's Answer Cranberry Extract

0720367.jpg

I put anywhere from 1-3 drops, depending on the water volume of the piece I'm using. I have not noticed any flavor from the extract.

It really is amazing how much cleaner your pieces stay when using it. Basically the same thing as RezBlock, but much cheaper. Highly recommended.

herbivore21

0720367.jpg

I put anywhere from 1-3 drops, depending on the water volume of the piece I'm using. I have not noticed any flavor from the extract.

It really is amazing how much cleaner your pieces stay when using it. Basically the same thing as RezBlock, but much cheaper. Highly recommended.
Who knew vaping would help your urinary tract!?! lol

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I use RezBlock, so I clean and change every session, unless I do a back-to-back session, then I don't mind. If I use just plain water, it isn't as offensive IMO.

Good thing about having tons of Cheap china glass, I can swap out my dirty pieces for a clean one. That way I only need to do one cleaning session and can recycle my cleaner from one piece to the next.

4tokin

Water is changed fairly frequently but as for the glass ware I let it gunk up till it looks like mud, then its right to go for a good reclaim collection.

EverythingsHazy

What a great poll.
Thanks!

Water is changed fairly frequently but as for the glass ware I let it gunk up till it looks like mud, then its right to go for a good reclaim collection.
The taste would be way to bothersome by then lol. Once the vape starts to smell like avb, it needs an iso wash imo. Not sure how much you are vaping through it, but I feel like it would take a really long time to get any muddy colored/looking reclaim.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Tweak

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I mostly vape at a friends place - take my bong along with me so by default it gets changed each "session" (some peeps seem to consider each vape load a session - I consider the whole time vaping a session - usually 5 hours or so, with multiple loads during that time.).

So I voted water change each session, but my personal rule is more like "every day".

I think of it like a glass of water; if a glass of water had been out as long as water has been in the bong, would I drink it?
If not, time for a water change.

As for cleanings:
I voted Once a month, but realistically, once every month or 2 I take out everything in my collection that needs cleaning, and give them all a good eat with pbw at the same time.
So each piece will usually only get 1-7 days use between cleanings.

Sometimes I use cranberry extract, but tbh, most of the time I don't bother.

4tokin

Thanks!

The taste would be way to bothersome by then lol. Once the vape starts to smell like avb, it needs an iso wash imo. Not sure how much you are vaping through it, but I feel like it would take a really long time to get any muddy colored/looking reclaim.

The cold water changes keep it fairly fresh. I wont disgust you with details but it does not take long for the reclaim to take on a life of its own and thicken up ( no mould or crap). There is little smell or taste associated with reclaim build up. If I am entertaining the glass will be clean.

4tokin,
Reactions: grokit

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist

0720367.jpg

I decided to just use some pure cranberry juice in my water. Nothing but purified water and cranberry juice. More than a few drops. More like a couple teaspoonfuls mixed in water. I cannot taste the cranberry at all.

Here is what I bought and my bubbler.

2603c00.jpg

2j61ci.jpg

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
:disgust: When I was a kid, I changed my bong water after taking one hits for about 2 months. I believed it would get you higher if you smoked through dirty bong water. When I was dry, I would screen my bong water through an old t-shirt, dry it, and smoke it again. Lol I would gladly trade all this premium bud, shatter, wax and high price glass for my Columbian gold, my 3' pvc homemade bong, and the 70's back.

EverythingsHazy

Has anyone noticed a significantly greater amount of diffusion, and even sized bubble stacking, when using a freshly cleaned (fully cleaned with no oils on the walls) piece?

Also, in regards to my last post about the salt:
If anyone hasn't tried using salt, you should use it with just iso for the shaking because it doesn't dissolve in high concentrations of alcohol but once you add water, it melts in and becomes much less useless (if at all.. idk if it does anything aside from being like glass-safe wet sandblasting). This is actually extremely convinient, because it lets the salt have as much time to scrub as you need, and then lets you choose when to dissolve it to flush it out of the piece and it's percs easily.

Top Bottom