• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How does the Anvil compare to the Tetra P80, TinyMight or other Heavy Hitters?

Datoneguy

I know this thread is a little premature because the Anvil is still pretty rare atm. But I am very interested in the Anvilfor a heavy hitter but i already have a P80. I was wondering if anyone can compare the two or compare the Anvil to some other vapes.

I know this is blasphemy but i would likely sell the P80 in the event of getting an Anvil. There is a chance i’d keep both but i am unsure if the signature or effexts are different enough to warrant both. I also just prefer butane to batteries personally.

Have an xmax v3 pro, vapcap, enano and a P80. I find myself using the Enano more than my P80 generally and thats partly my reason for consideration of doing this.
Idk, maybe i’ll just go all vas and keep all 5 lol.

But back to the Anvil. How is it potency wise compared to the P80 or TM? Or any other heavy hitters for that matter.
Also, i personally find the enano a little more useful than the p80 for small loads of less than .05g (.02-.05 specifically). Feel fre to share your experience with the p80 for microdose loads if you feel your experiences differ btw. How does the Anvil work with .02 or .03 loads? Does it handle microdosing well in terms of loading the oven only partially?

Maybe i’ll keep both but just thought i’d ask if anyone with an anvil could maybe chime in. Thanks fellow ents for any advice or details on your experiences with the device.

GoldenBud

Anvil is heavy hitter conduction
it's a different "buzz"
it's like.. take a really good bud, no grind. put in the vapcap. in the second heating, on high temp, you get some crazy ass conduction buzz
that won't happen to you from P80, right? P80 always will bring you another high (convection, very opened, 19mm stems....) more uplifting high
+- like that
it depends which high you like mostly IMHO! conduction high is a bit different

If I were you, I'd get a CouchLog or WS. both considered heavy hitting, small chamber

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
How does the Anvil work with .02 or .03 loads
Very well indeed, in both the full and half chambers. I used to use the Dynavap for these size loads but the Anvil is better for me because it's just one inhale to get the dose done.
Sorry, I don't have the specific vapes you mentioned but just wanted to reassure you that the Anvil is superb for small loads that only partially fill the oven. For these amounts it feels like the vape I've been yearning for for years.

guyonthecouch

Anvil is heavy hitter conduction
it's a different "buzz"
it's like.. take a really good bud, no grind. put in the vapcap. in the second heating, on high temp, you get some crazy ass conduction buzz
that won't happen to you from P80, right? P80 always will bring you another high (convection, very opened, 19mm stems....) more uplifting high
+- like that
it depends which high you like mostly IMHO! conduction high is a bit different
Fairly certain the Anvil primarily uses convection heating.
There might be some minor conduction heating going on but the Vestratto website descriptions say convection and the heater diagrams show hot airflow based heating.
Don't own an Anvil and haven't tried one yet, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

GoldenBud

There might be some minor conduction heating going on but the Vestratto website descriptions say convection and the heater diagrams show hot airflow based heating.
here's 100% conduction (flame is directed 2cm below the bowl for like 25-35 seconds didn't count) the air just clears the bowl , i think the diagrams mostly show how the air go through but it's just clearing the bowl. the heating process is not caused by the fluid (air), it's conduction.
here's 100% convection (heater is already hot and away from the bowl, the air transfers the heat through the bowl)

Last edited:

Momor

I don't have an Anvil neither but IIRC the terp chamber that is sold with it now is advertised as primarily a convection chamber because the walls of the chamber aren't in contact with the thermal battery.
The helix chamber that will come later (a few people have a beta) will be conduction oriented with parts of the helix in contact with the thermal battery.
Maybe @Whiff and/or @Vestratto can confirm that ?

Greenleaf88

There is some conduction but the terp chamber is mostly convection, you can go read all about it on vestratto.com John explains it all.

I've been using the anvil for a couple weeks and I can confirm it a hard hitting one hitter, can't say it enough. Copper truly disperses the heat evenly and abv comes out surprisingly light for riding the line.

Top Bottom