• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

How did Donald Trump Win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
If anyone has followed the US Politics thread, or even US Politics media sources, a Donald Trump win was never, ever going to happen....the fat lady had sung ;) ....yet, here we are today. Why do you think he won?

I will pull Donald Trump's favorite Ghandi misquote, as I feel it is KEY to this win.

""First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win” "

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/b...uk-fcrs-who-support-brexit.22001/#post-990714

Michael Moore also said it best, a big FUCK YOU to certain groups of people.

Just because I support a candidate does not make me "stupid" (sorry, the true idiots are the ones who preach this as they feel their sanctimonious opinion is the end all be all opinion) It does not make me a "xenophobe" It does not make me "racist" It does not make me "bad" or "not progressive" or any other insult.

For all the talk of Trump "splitting this nation apart" Clinton supporters actually did this, to a much higher degree. I post on the_donald.....there is literally no racism or bigotry or anything there. Yet, in the US politics thread here, which is 90% Clinton supporters, "inclusion" was the very last thing they preached. Same with /r/HillaryClinton and other left leaning forums I post on. If someone did not agree, they get name called, they get called stupid, they are forced to turn and heel. Whether directly or under the guise of "Trump supporters". When you say "Trump supporters are stupid racist idiots" you are saying, that I am a stupid racist idiot, because I also supported Trump. (and any other members who supported him) Who are you to tell me my way of thinking is wrong? Saying we are deplorable? I said this before, I hope the liberals continued to insult and drive a wedge between people, because then people will simply shut their mouths, and go vote, simply to stick it to the people saying their way of thinking was wrong or idiotic. That is what happened here. Still never did a phone poll :D

""Conservatives who support Trump hate political correctness, and it isn't because they're racists, sexists, misogynists, homophobes, and all the rest. Some of them are those things, and some of them aren't. What they hate about political correctness is that someone who doesn't know or understand them has the gall to tell them what they can and can't (and should and shouldn't) say or think. Worse, those busybodies feel it is perfectly appropriate to throw around socially stigmatizing labels of bigotry without even daring to listen to the more nuanced view that conservatives feel they hold on matters of identity politics.""

He had a higher percentage of minorities vote for him than the last few Republicans too.......big black turnout, big latino turnout.....he appealed to the CHANGE people want, and Hillary represented anything but that. This wasn't just the "white man". It's what he represented. We all acknowledge he's a caricature.

Finally, he won because of his opponent. When the DNC fucks Bernie from the start, and the elitists with the money are pushing for a certain candidate, when the tide of the nation is NOT going that way, you are doomed for failure. Bernie was basically a nobody and gave her a huge run for her money........because of the message. This was not an election of "left vs right" which is something I've said in the past. It's globalism vs nationalism. It's the people vs the established elite. That's why #DrainTheSwamp was resonating with people so much.

So, today, is a new day. The world will still turn. Do not fear monger. It only serves to split people apart. The big narrative was how Donald Trump would have to accept the results of the election and not whine and cry about it........so practice what you preach. To fear monger is to continue to drive a wedge. Accept, move on, and lets make this country great. We are not going to start moving in reverse......the TRUMP TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES :D gays aren't going to lose their right to marry. Minorities are not going to just get kicked out. Vape some weed, have some coffee, and just relax :)

Also, I think we can FIRMLY establish that the polls/media are skewed and not to be taken seriously. I said this a lot. Certain groups of people, are more likely to poll. (WL also proved the Dem's oversample women and minorities so they shouldn't of been trusted period, and CNN MSNBC pundits were on Clintons payroll via WL). Don't believe everything you read, and try to open your eyes past preconceived bias to read something on the other side of the fence rather than saying at face value that CNN/MSNBC is somehow more honest when all evidence has pointed opposite.

TLDR: DT won because of:

- Globalism vs Nationalism
- Intolerant Left actively isolating anyone not with them
- Hillary having more baggage than anyone

So how/why do you think he won?

Tranquility

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about/

Because Americans like guns.
White, male, flat country, home ownin', God-fearin' non-hipster, 'mericans do enjoy their civil rights.
64413992.jpg

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Hindsight being 20/20 ....my answer to how did Trump win would be.....Trump won because Bernie lost. Actually maybe hindsight isn't accurate either since many believed Bernie would win before the general was held.

I am admittedly in shock. I blame my parents to a certain extent the same way my kids could blame me this morning. I was raised to believe that just one of the many things Trump said and did were plain wrong and if I had said and done similar things I would be severely punished. My kids were raised the same way. If you were raised the way I was and my kids were, it would be impossible for you to believe Trump could say those things about women, hispanics, POWs, etc. and be rewarded with the presidency.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I don't have a clue how he won but being a person who depends on social security disability, medicare and medicaid to stay alive I'm seriously considering suicide right now, we're all fucked now.

turk

turk
..agree with jay87 verbatim ...with one addition...he won because of the arrogance of the dems...garbage in...garbage out...oh...but don't worry...the same jack asses who blew this ...will be hired again...as consultants...again...they have the qualifications for the job...
...I hope I never ...ever hear the phrase...."lessor of two evils"...again.

Last edited:

BD9

Hindsight being 20/20 ....my answer to how did Trump win would be.....Trump won because Bernie lost.

I agree. I'll even go further.

This was not racists and misogynists coming out and voting in droves, this was arrogance by the DNC.
The DNC's shenanigans were the root cause of Hillary's loss. This is laid at their feet. They schemed, lied and cheated to get a 'their' candidate elected. HRC was picked by the dysfunctional DNC at least two years ago. No one else was considered and all other candidates would be treated second class.
It is a fact, unwillingly admitted by the DNC through email leaks, that Bernie Sanders was not treated fairly.
In every poll during the primaries he was chosen to beat both Clinton and Trump. By large numbers.

And that is how Trump won.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Great points guys, I could not agree more. I am glad to see so many of you embracing the fact that this was the DNC's fault and self inflicted wounds. The attacks of racism and misogyny = Trump supporters has finally been proven false, less you believe half the country is that way...

Fully agree too, that Bernie would of won. I am not totally sure another Dem could of, as I can't think of any that aren't just a talking head other than Bernie, he represented the deep seeded desire to change the system and shove off the corruption just like Trump did, but is definitely more accessible. I do think Hillary would of won against a stereotypical Republican as well, though someone like Rand Paul may have been able to convey similar messages as Trump

We're missing the real win here though, FINALLY Amy Schumer can move to Canada and we can stop seeing her horrible humor :rofl:

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
I don't think all Donald Trump supporters are stupid. You won't convince me otherwise on the KKK supporters.

This was the dems race to lose. Bernie should have been the nominee. He pulled in support from both republicans and democrats, because I remember when looking at the polls, some of those that would vote for trump in a two way race between clinton and trump defected to Bernie in a Trump and Bernie race. And it wasn't peanuts.

I don't think they realized Republican support would not transfer over to Hillary. She's been through too much murky water to come out clean.

I feel like I did myself a disservice voting for Clinton. I could tell she wasn't very popular, but the Drumpf alternative seemed too crazy to consider. And I was right, Clinton wasn't popular she let my vote down. I should have just voted for Jill again. :(

Thankfully I've never registered Democrat or Republican. Fuck both those parties. I suppose the silver lining to a Trump presidency is that he has said the trade deals are bad and we're doing away with them.

I'd rather we have protectionism in trade and some in-home production of goods. It even makes sense from an innovative point of view. If every nation has a steel furnace pumping out material and doing their own research into new alloys, wouldn't that be better? This mode of thought/operation can be applied to every product that requires some forethought into its making.

I prefer a decentralized government. I prefer a decentralized economy. I prefer social freedoms. We've all decided. It's time to do the best we can with what we've been given.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I'm registered Lib! And again totally agree with that Bernie sentiment, I can't say which way I would of went but the decision would of been much tougher for me absolutely.

"You won't convince me otherwise on the KKK supporters."

clinton-byrd.png

:D sorry couldn't resist (That's Robert Byrd)

turk

turk
...they basically lost to a carnival barker,..in the old days they came into town in covered wagons selling you an elixir that cured...baldness.rhumetism, cancer etc.than they packed up and left town...with all the money ...now its reality tv.,and they never leave..if this doesn't prompt some serious soul searching by the dens..exactly what will?
He will be on a wrestling show next...

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
There isn't any one reason that Trump won. There were a lot of reasons. The problems with the DNC and the constant trickle of emails released.
Then the fact that Obamacare skyrocketed was terrible timing. Also the huge info from the FBI ten days before the election. The constant talking points from Trump saying that Hillary was still under investigation. The constant yelling of his supporters chanting "lock her up".

The Bernie folks didn't buy in to Clinton. They wanted Bernie and they felt cheated because of the dirty politics.

I feel like I'm in shock. I feel like I'm mourning a loss. I talked with several folks that said they cried. What do we say to our children? The bully won.

It wasn't that I wanted Hillary to win so badly. I didn't want Trump as my president.

There really isn't much to say. It's done and over. We go on and hope for the best. Trump has some pretty high expectations to live up to. He better get to work. What about all the trade deals he will rip up?

2012 Trump didn't like the Electorial College. I bet he likes it now. Hillary looks like she won the popular vote.

We will have a lot of our rights at stake for a long time.

Let's hope Trump doesn't continue to hold grudges against people.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
There were two major winners in the election .... Trump and Kellyanne Conway. If she were a stock I'd by it in truckloads. I may not like her, her methods or her shriveled, rock like little heart but she has written her own ticket from here on.....anyone running for anything would give everything to have her on their team/ticket. Don't be surprised when she is working on the Dem side.

turk

turk
...hey I voted for Jill stein (proudly I may add)..it was the dems race to lose..and they did with all their high paid consultants ..analysts ..and pundits...jobs us minority's are too stupid to have...these are seasoned veterans with credentials and expertise...what a fucking joke..

TeeJay1952

Minorities elected Obama. Thwarted after 2 years in office with obstructionism and negativity. BLM has come along and many feel their problems unaddressed. The existence of BLM fired up one section (read white) of the electorate while the other side of the equation feels that they are sharing their pain by not participating. Folks feel one group rising takes from another. (not true, how much do you love your different children?)
Everyone has forgotten that we are in this together and that racial identity is only another way to separate and control us.

Personally I feel that there are a lot of faces with no nose this morning. (spite)

Vaked420

If anyone has followed the US Politics thread, or even US Politics media sources, a Donald Trump win was never, ever going to happen....the fat lady had sung ;) ....yet, here we are today. Why do you think he won?

I will pull Donald Trump's favorite Ghandi misquote, as I feel it is KEY to this win.

""First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win” "

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/b...uk-fcrs-who-support-brexit.22001/#post-990714

Michael Moore also said it best, a big FUCK YOU to certain groups of people.

Just because I support a candidate does not make me "stupid" (sorry, the true idiots are the ones who preach this as they feel their sanctimonious opinion is the end all be all opinion) It does not make me a "xenophobe" It does not make me "racist" It does not make me "bad" or "not progressive" or any other insult.

For all the talk of Trump "splitting this nation apart" Clinton supporters actually did this, to a much higher degree. I post on the_donald.....there is literally no racism or bigotry or anything there. Yet, in the US politics thread here, which is 90% Clinton supporters, "inclusion" was the very last thing they preached. Same with /r/HillaryClinton and other left leaning forums I post on. If someone did not agree, they get name called, they get called stupid, they are forced to turn and heel. Whether directly or under the guise of "Trump supporters". When you say "Trump supporters are stupid racist idiots" you are saying, that I am a stupid racist idiot, because I also supported Trump. (and any other members who supported him) Who are you to tell me my way of thinking is wrong? Saying we are deplorable? I said this before, I hope the liberals continued to insult and drive a wedge between people, because then people will simply shut their mouths, and go vote, simply to stick it to the people saying their way of thinking was wrong or idiotic. That is what happened here. Still never did a phone poll :D

""Conservatives who support Trump hate political correctness, and it isn't because they're racists, sexists, misogynists, homophobes, and all the rest. Some of them are those things, and some of them aren't. What they hate about political correctness is that someone who doesn't know or understand them has the gall to tell them what they can and can't (and should and shouldn't) say or think. Worse, those busybodies feel it is perfectly appropriate to throw around socially stigmatizing labels of bigotry without even daring to listen to the more nuanced view that conservatives feel they hold on matters of identity politics.""

He had a higher percentage of minorities vote for him than the last few Republicans too.......big black turnout, big latino turnout.....he appealed to the CHANGE people want, and Hillary represented anything but that. This wasn't just the "white man". It's what he represented. We all acknowledge he's a caricature.

Finally, he won because of his opponent. When the DNC fucks Bernie from the start, and the elitists with the money are pushing for a certain candidate, when the tide of the nation is NOT going that way, you are doomed for failure. Bernie was basically a nobody and gave her a huge run for her money........because of the message. This was not an election of "left vs right" which is something I've said in the past. It's globalism vs nationalism. It's the people vs the established elite. That's why #DrainTheSwamp was resonating with people so much.

So, today, is a new day. The world will still turn. Do not fear monger. It only serves to split people apart. The big narrative was how Donald Trump would have to accept the results of the election and not whine and cry about it........so practice what you preach. To fear monger is to continue to drive a wedge. Accept, move on, and lets make this country great. We are not going to start moving in reverse......the TRUMP TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES :D gays aren't going to lose their right to marry. Minorities are not going to just get kicked out. Vape some weed, have some coffee, and just relax :)

Also, I think we can FIRMLY establish that the polls/media are skewed and not to be taken seriously. I said this a lot. Certain groups of people, are more likely to poll. (WL also proved the Dem's oversample women and minorities so they shouldn't of been trusted period, and CNN MSNBC pundits were on Clintons payroll via WL). Don't believe everything you read, and try to open your eyes past preconceived bias to read something on the other side of the fence rather than saying at face value that CNN/MSNBC is somehow more honest when all evidence has pointed opposite.

TLDR: DT won because of:

- Globalism vs Nationalism
- Intolerant Left actively isolating anyone not with them
- Hillary having more baggage than anyone

So how/why do you think he won?

I completely agree with what you said. I think a lot of what fueled the trump train is being talked down, being pushed down and oppressed. the whole campaign was based on the feeling of saying fuck you to the system that people think we're living in. this part I 100%completely agree with Trump supporters. and I think it's something you said to remember, you can't treat an entire group like they're stupid or you're as bad as the racists in the first place.

Now what I don't agree with is trump himself. yes I agree the media is skewing the data, and I would not be surprised if a lot of the news is corrupt. but I read a book by trump 7 or 8 years ago. I've seen quotes by him saying fuck all the terrorist middle easterners, woman are something to be toyed with and joked about, and that racism is the new fad. you can not walk around saying the Mexicans are sending their rapists and their murders. it is incredibly racist, and if you can't see why, I seriously would love for you to explain. because clearly people voted for him and I hope people didnt actively vote for a racist. As an Iranian American who was born here, yet I attempt to maintain the culture, I feel truly afraid to speak farsi, my family language, which I rarely get to practice, because I am afraid of what people's response will be here in dallas where i am visitng my aunt. I'm afraid that in a state where everyone has spoken up saying to call for a Muslim ban that I'm not safe to speak another language, let alone talk about anything else I do in my life.

That is another factor for me here. As someone who is on this website and vapes, I think you can appreciate the value of personal freedom. so then why, someone who clearly doesn't have much self control on what he does himself, is he campaigning to illegalize abortion, gay rights, Muslims and Mexicans. my question is why? he doesn't seem to have an answer and personally it seems fueled by the religious masses who believe the end of days is coming unless those happen. this is not to talk that down. this is legitimate reasoning and something to be taken seriously. people are willing to look past his flaws for what they believe is most important for our spiritual future.

Another factor I would point to is his complete lack of explanation of his policies. And I would like to hear your argument on this one, as I believe for many they say that they would trust him to do the right thing in office. that is a valid argument and many decisions cannot be made until the heat of the moment, but he has not in my opinion spoken about any policy besides banning Muslims, cutting taxes, ending oBamacare and building a massive wall.

So as a 21 year old recent electrical engineering pot-smoking bisexual Iranian American that used obamacare through university to afford any form of insurance who wants to see progress in racial equality and peaceful solutions, how can you say that Trump is better than Hillary? I agree she is crooked, but trump is too, and in my opinion a much deeper form of selfishness, lack of understanding of the complexity of politics and a lack of care for the majority of who actually makes up USA today.

So I am sorry if my post seemed like one more attack, but I would sincerely appreciate a response on some of the points I layed. as someone who is shocked by the outcome of the election, afraid of my peoples own anger towards me for something i didnt do, and a little ashamed these days to even be called american, how can you still support trump when he has alienated, targeted and publicly denounced so many groups of people?

Edit: sorry for all of the negative responses by the way. I'm glad that you had the balls to still post your opinion anyways and to stay calm and take the responses. it is not fair for others to assume they are right and you are wrong when it is that exact mentality that they say they are fighting against

crawdad

floatin
Kellyanne Conway.

...and debbie schultz, i think debbie created the wave and kellyanne simply rode it all the way to trump's acceptance.

7vacw3u.jpg

the two party system really does suck and this type of corruption is why. every election we hear about how the candidates want to do something about campaign finance (among other empty promises) which would open up third party candidates yet i still see all of their back to back commercials on primetime during nfl games and tons of rallys, media influence, etc etc etc...money, we are ruled by it and trying to point fingers after the wake of something like this is paying too much attention to symptoms of a big problem. we had other options on the table but our citizens were too afraid of the "evils" to voice their true opinion on the ballot or even spend the time to develop their own opinion.

HZV9hx3.jpg

at this point ive semi-resolved to the fact that the US now has a president that is not part of the political elite scene which is certainly a change, just not sure if its the change we need but given our sad state of social affairs perhaps its deserved and hopefully will snowball a more appropriate change at the next episode of the ultra rich power hungry fetish circus side show that we call the presidential election. <insert star-spangled banner.mp3>

im just glad my kids can see through the bullshit on their own, when i was their age i was being indoctrinated on a few levels.

a8OX1ar.jpg

:peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom