Homemade Vaporizers

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
where/what is that copper wire from that your using to house the screen? I have made the screen style heating element work in some of my homemade vapes, but I always fail to heat it evenly, i believe that this is because the copper basically disperses the electric current more efficiently and evenly. Any insight would be helpful! I like your design, always fun to build your own vapes, nothing like getting high off of them.
:peace:

PhishCactus,

buddyinbc

From what ive read and heard around, copper plated steel is the best thing to use. Although im just using some copper wire i had in my shop at home, not quite sure what it is. I know you could find it at your local hardware store. I'm going to need to pick a little more up soon cause ive run out so I'll let you know

as for heating it evenly, its a fairly small screen so i haven't had many problems with that

buddyinbc,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
Modnote: Calling another member a troll goes against the "Be Nice" rules. Please refrain from doing so.

Misunderstanding - comment deleted

PhishCactus,

Egzoset

Banned
Please read my post again, PhishCactus, as this has nothing to do about me, nor you: Google points at such information sources routinely, which allowed me to post a link for all of the readers to click on in case more numbers would be required... Next time don't thank me, you can also drop the hostile tone and netiquette lessons altogether IMHO.

You're most welcome to correct me if i'm wrong but it seems to me that further searching on the manufacturer's own web site might still fail to provide operating specifications for loads below 60 ?:

U9VL-J_graph.02_tif_540x540_q85.jpg

Egzoset,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
Im back!

Today, in under an hour I whipped this baby up. I used screen from a tea ball, and what I believed to be copper from a hanger, all i did was roughly cut and belt sand the wood to the shape I wanted, drill pressed out the cavity by eye, and then found a drill bit smaller than the copper rods and pushed them through with a little help from a hammer. I was lucky to get the screen to say on very well simply by curling the ends, as of now, the only leads I have outside of the chamber are 2 small protrusions of copper, I should have made them longer. Im using a power source from an old router, linksys to be exact, the specs are....output: 5 v 2 amps, not a lot, and ill probably tweak around with different sources, and batteries. My screen isn't nearly as fine as the MFLB's so that increases heat up time and overall temp as well. Been trying to make homemade vapes for a long time, lighter powered and all, and have never had much success, but when "plugging" this in, using mint tea, I got a fair amount of light vapor, it will not burn easily. Im very pleased, nothing like hitting a homemade vaporizer! Feel free to give any feedback or questions, of course I have to say that i owe all the rights to the design and concept to magic flight, and without them I probably would have never reached homemade vaporization in this mannor, thanks magic flight. I own the magic flight launch tube, but never sprung for the box as I have other vapes.

Thanks!

PhishCactus,

buddyinbc

Round 2.0

So i just finished up my second model. Its still using battery power but I've slimmed it down to just a single AA. (I'm thinking of switching it to a C sized battery, anyone know if this would work?)

I have also made the "trench" a whole separate piece but it is connected with elastics like the batteries were in the first one.

I had troubles making sure that the mesh connected to the copper wire before so i have made it more of a compression fit so there is always contact

The mesh is still a little wide so I've ordered some of the 304 stainless steel mesh to help this problem for my next one

Here's some pics to take a look

img0197fa.jpg

img0199nn.jpg

img0198vj.jpg

img0196tq.jpg

buddyinbc,

Cleanfiend

I'm confused. You are telling us to save money by using things we already have - which in your case, included a vaporizer.

If you already have a vaporizer, than i don't see how this saves any money.

Cleanfiend,

OO

Technical Skeptical
die spammer

Modnote: Please review our "Be Nice" rules.

OO,

lwien

First thing, welcome lvl70vaporizer.

Second thing. Question. Have you spent any time here reading the various threads before making this post because on the surface, you seem to be advocating vaporbonging, which is a long time practice around these parts.

I'm also confused with this statement, "i'm not a salesman, just trying to share this with people who might appreciate it, and "burn" those trying to make money off addicts like us."
First thing is I don't consider vaporizer manufacturers "burning" us by offering up quality products for us
to purchase and enjoy. Secondly, what about the vape that you are using in your vids.

As Cleanfiend mentioned above, I'm a bit confused also.

lwien,
whats so confusing

i guess i could have rephrased and said, cheap way to convert your box vaporizer and standard glass-on-glass water piece into a water filtered vaporizer? i tried but it didnt fit in the title box.

title says, great way to vaporize, i repeat. "great way." the box vaporizer alone, is a shitty way to vaporize!.
i made it great.

companies are charging ridiculous amounts of money ("burn") to put vapor through water and i'm showing you a way that is pretty much the cheapest/best way possible for FREE, and i get this reaction? you guys are way too snobby, go ahead and spend ridiculous amounts of money on a 60 dollar intake bowls, or whip connections, or whatever the hell you guys use.

you guys can delete my post after this too, wow can't believe what snobs you guys are.

less condescending and more appreciating geez.

Modnote: Please review the
misc.php
you agreed to. Flaming is not allowed.

lvl70vaporizer,

Cleanfiend

We are snobs for critiquing poorly articulated advice?

Not one of the three of us told you to use a more expensive setup - we just critiqued you for contributing nothing new to the community.

Not sure where the anger comes from....

Cleanfiend,

lwien

lvl70vaporizer said:
whats so confusing

i guess i could have rephrased and said, cheap way to convert your box vaporizer and standard glass-on-glass water piece into a water filtered vaporizer? i tried but it didnt fit in the title box.

title says, great way to vaporize, i repeat. "great way." the box vaporizer alone, is a shitty way to vaporize!.
i made it great.

companies are charging ridiculous amounts of money ("burn") to put vapor through water and i'm showing you a way that is pretty much the cheapest/best way possible for FREE, and i get this reaction? you guys are way too snobby, go ahead and spend ridiculous amounts of money on a 60 dollar intake bowls, or whip connections, or whatever the hell you guys use.

you guys can delete my post after this too, wow can't believe what snobs you guys are.

But it's not for free. You have to spend money on a bong and then you have to spend money on a vape. What do you mean it's free? Oh wait. I guess you mean that it's free way to mate a vaporizer to a bong, right?

Many of us here, including myself hook up our Purple Days, our MyrtleZaps, our Supreme's, and other non-whip non-bag type vapes directly to our bongs without any whips or intake bowls whatsoever. With the PD, I just use the stems that come with it and hook it up directly to the downstem. No additional expense. Have been doing it that way for years. And for many that use whip vapes, they have also just used the whip that came with the vape and directly mated it to the downstem without any adapter whatsoever at no additional expense.

Also, while YOU may think that using a box type vaporizer by itself is a shitty way to vape, there are many others who really enjoy using their whip based vapes natively and don't like vaping through water.

But wait. YOU made a shitty way to vape, GREAT. Now who's being the snob here?

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
lvl70vaporizer said:
whats so confusing

i made it great.

if your post is not well received, it is probably for good reason.

for your first post you come in makeing claims containing the word "best", which does in the context you used it break the forum rules, you stated opinion as fact.

you also said "must see", which is an obvious mark of a spammer.
also you typed the title in all caps, another hint of spamming.

use proper forum edicit if you want to be well received.

BTW your idea isn't anything new, not even close, pictures that show similar setups are everywhere on this site.

OO,
i guess i did break forum rules, didnt read it, dont really give a shit either. sorry mr cat, wasnt directing my "anger" towards you, seems like you guys are all on top of things in here. good for you guys, i'll delete my previous posts and let you guys on your merry way.

Modnote: If you decide to post again, please review the rules before doing so.

lvl70vaporizer,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
I like this a a lot ^ very unique looking. Im having trouble getting enough amperage out of my power source, i definitely have to track down some real copper rods, and some finer screen to get the most out of it.

PhishCactus,

lwien

Didn't mean to chase you away, lvl70. Hell, the first thing I did was welcome you here.

But I do have a suggestion that when visiting a new forum, that you may want to spend some to time to get a lay of the land, if you will, before posting.

What you did was kind of like going into the pits at Indy and yelling that you found a great way to keep a car down on the track at speed and it's called a wing. ;)

Stick around. I know we can be a sarcastic bunch around here, but we're also pretty friendly and there's a wealth of information here to make your vaporizing experience even more enjoyable.

lwien,

Spacenstein

Does anyone know where screens (similar if not the ones used in the mlfb) are sold online?

Spacenstein,

Egzoset

Banned
Silver is 3% more conductive than copper, as i recall. If the solution to portable vaporizers were to use better conductors then those would need to be built around silver bars...

:2c:

Egzoset,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
silver connectors (bars) are available at radio control hobby sites for connecting LiFePO4 batteries into power backs for cars/planes.

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom