• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Homemade Vaporizers

marcuss

above the clouds
hey revolution9...are you a vaporizers creator? If so post your pic!
Nice topic....we'll see some custom model?...but please....stay in the healty side!

Anyway welcome in the vapor club!

marcuss,

Revolution9

I have not created my own vaporizer YET. I have been using a Vapolution vape for almost 3 years now and I've been wanting to change it up a bit. Just looking for some ideas. Something to get me started.

Revolution9,
Reactions: crazelee

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Definitely a cool topic.

Such a simple process yet so hard to get right. Especially using safe materials.

I think heatguns are probably one of the easiest ways to DIY. Just need a stainless steel pipe with a screen on the end. Fill it with some herb and blow hot air through. In theory at least. :)

Sure helps if you can blow glass or happen to be a skilled inventor like Tom/Purple-Days.

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Yeah having electrical knowledge is the key IMO.

Heat guns look like they work well ... you can get ones that hav a digi raedout and you can dial in the temp. But they appear noisy and are out for me. Stealth is the key. Had the PD sitting on my dresser - purple LED glowing ;) and the mini me (master 10 yo) was in the room the time. Wouldn't do that with a box vape or such like. The wife would spin out :rolleyes:

So if I could build a homemade vape stealth would be key.

What ever happened to the fogking? Some of his vapes looked cool. portable too!

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Heat guns look like they work well ... you can get ones that hav a digi raedout and you can dial in the temp. But they appear noisy and are out for me.
For sure, just figured they'd be the easiest. Also who knows what kind of nasty shit is inside them.

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Haha, whoops. I saw Tom double posted so I deleted one of them. I guess someone else deleted the other.

Here it is again:

Way back, I heard about a Subaru car cigarette lighter element that was ceramic. I thought it had some possibilities as a heating element. Maybe a salvage yard trip would turn something up. I doubt that Subaru would risk a lawsuit from hazardous materials in their lighter (and it was supposed to be ceramic...)
Post it again if you want and I'll delete this one.

:doh:

vtac,

Purple-Days

Way back, I heard about a Subaru car cigarette lighter element that was ceramic. I thought it had some possibilities as a heating element. Maybe a salvage yard trip would turn something up. I doubt that Subaru would risk a lawsuit from hazardous materials in their lighter (and it was supposed to be ceramic...)

Thanks for the retrieve, VTAC. Good save ! ;)

To continue with a few other thoughts:

Not sure. but I think it was a high end Subaru from the mid 90s, several years at least. Impreza? rings a bell. maybe? Like I say you probably gotta go scavenge then get some numbers and source a few, maybe right in the same yard if you want some used ones to play with first. Then go get a few OEM replacements as new to build with.

The local library and maybe a 'smart boy' could help with regulating it. Ask around for help. Never know who knows what... come up with something unique and above all safe. :cool:

Just throwing this idea out for anyone to run with. I have no confirmation of these 'facts' about Subaru or ceramic lighter elements.

Purple-Days,

voporay

i sawsome one take the bag and bowl assembly from a volcano he paid around 100 dollars for it then he use a makita ceramic heating gun to blow up the bag it seemed to fit the gun proper..cheap way to make a volcano i gues

voporay,

vapedcrusader

vaporcloud said:
I've dreamed of making one using a halogen light as a heating source ... ala the vaporlight

http://www.amazon.com/Vaporlight-Vaporizer-LL-1-Loose-VaporLight/dp/B000CSOLIM

They dont make em anymore. Quite a simple concept and glass on glass too. Unfortunalty I know nothing about electrics :mad:
The Aromed uses a halogen bulb -- you may want to check it out.

Just type homemade vaporizer instructions into google and you will get a lot. Heat guns are the best method, but soldering irons can work too...

vapedcrusader,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i actually like that better than the real thing!
ive never thought of that particular design but its so simple, but ingenious. you couls even have a water jar and an ice jar before the bag or hook up a bong as the chamber!

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
vapedcrusader said:
vaporcloud said:
I've dreamed of making one using a halogen light as a heating source ... ala the vaporlight

http://www.amazon.com/Vaporlight-Vaporizer-LL-1-Loose-VaporLight/dp/B000CSOLIM

They dont make em anymore. Quite a simple concept and glass on glass too. Unfortunalty I know nothing about electrics :mad:
The Aromed uses a halogen bulb -- you may want to check it out.

Just type homemade vaporizer instructions into google and you will get a lot. Heat guns are the best method, but soldering irons can work too...
Thanks dude, but I already know about the aromed. Halogen light source attached to a dimmer would work a treat I reckon. But I have all the vaps I need.

PD for top draw 'erb or to stretch out a baggie

Vaporite for lung splitting whip hits, low grade buds, herbal blends and re-vapping.

vaporcloud,

Mikel2425

I made one a few years back .Had plans in hightimes.What you do is go to radioshack and get.
Plastic box with metal lid 6x3x2
120v to 12v transformer
momantary on button
small wire nuts
car cigarette lighter from auto parts store.You could cover burner with glass or stainless plate or whatever.
now take lighter apart will be left with burner and tube holding it
drill hole in metal plate mount burner same for switch
wire to power cord
put a whip in side of box then up next to burner not to close just so glass will cover both
burner and hose.
press button burner heats release button heat stops
simple,cheap.works well for bud,oil,hash,
I lost mine a long time ago If anybody really wants I could build a new one and post a totorial on building it.

I just checked some prices.it will be right around $40.00 more or less

ProblemAntic

I have just begun my journey into the realm of vapour.

My first effort at making a vapouriser was taking 2 cafe style sugar pourers, (glass body and stainless steel lid with a funnel straight down the middle). Then I added some stainless steel valves and teflon hoses connecting the two. Connected the hot air attachment on my soldering station to the top of the first pourer, herbs in a custom brass cone with steel screen sitting under the pourer spout. Then the air pushes through the top valve into the next pourer which I half filled with water to cool the 180C air, into the outlet valve through another hose into custom mouthpiece.
Good in theory... Only problem was there was too many air leaks out the side of the jars. So I didnt get as much as I wanted.

Today I started Mach II.
Hot air -> bleed 3 way solenoid (to allow it to heat up to 180C without touching the herbs) -> one way valve (ensure my vapour only travels the way I want it to.) -> Brass Y-shaped filter with custom mesh basket inside to keep my herbs. -> Condensor bulb (cooling) -> Vapour chamber (Enable me to view the vapour cloud.) -> Solenoid (Keep the vapour in the chamber till I'm ready for it.) -> Mouthpiece.

Not a bad days work. Turns out my hot air attachment on my Soldering Station is great at short distances but that amount of travel caused it to lose too much heat after the initial filtering components. (It is designed for removal of surface mount components so you don't realy want the heat to travel further than what you are pointing it at to stop wiping a whole board of components.) So now I am in the process of building a heating element and blower system. I have a few steam generators and boilers I have ripped off a few now defunct autoclaves at work so I should be able to put something together. It's a challenge to use only materials that aren't going to cause me cancer but I think in the end I'll be happier than trusting some manufacturer that could be using all sorts of plastics and other nasties that release toxins when they heat.

So for the interim I am using a reduced version of my main idea to get me by untill I get a custom heating system up and running.

If you made it this far into my post I commend you. Hope it wasn't too boring.

Ant

ProblemAntic

Guess if I should sell them I shouldn't be giving away the design :p

Hopefully others will start building and feel the satisfaction of vaping your own design.

Plus knowing what compositions of materials can kill you if heated.

Just bought a glass billy with a glass cone and stem today. Pack the cone use my heating set up and pull some tasty herbs. Bought some Damiana to try with a little green. I'm in heaven pulled my first real vape today. It is perfect for me. I'm studying at the moment so I tend not to smoke because it makes me useless. Session with a vape and then I feel motivated to get all the things I need to get done. Ended up not going to bed because I thought it was a waste of time and powered through being awake for 30 hours and getting a lot of things done (Including Physics, Calculus and Electronic Theory).

The Damiana my missus likened to popping a xanax. Instant calm and tranquility. Looking to experiment with a variety of oils in the water to make it even better.

Why every person who smokes doesn't know about vaping is a crime.

I'm rather new to this whole arena so I hope you don't mind stupid questions being asked from time to time.

I read that Zing seems to know quite a lot about different blends, and getting the most out of the experience. Have found a local supplier of wild dagga which I wouldn't mind getting a hand on. Anything else I should look out for?

ProblemAntic,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
honestly im not really a complete expert on this kind of stuff, i dont even own a vape yet, but i read a lot around places and acquire a lot of knowledge, because thats my favorite passtime
eventually i can acquire enough knowledge of a subject to be able to speak of it as if i have done it, or am an expert on it, but really im just a gifted amateur with a lot of time on his hands

if you look hard enough you could probably find a local store, but i live in a relatively small city with very little here, i wouldnt really mind ordering from a trusted online supplier anyway

the best way to obtain herbs s tho grow them though

Acolyte of Zinglon,

ProblemAntic

Well if i can manufacture a 100% safe heat source then I'm sure we can get you a vape for not too much money.

ProblemAntic,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I have just begun my journey into the realm of vapour. My first effort at making a vapouriser was taking...
Shit I missed this post first time around.

Welcome to the clouds! Your designs sounds pretty far out and it's awesome that you're commited to making them toxin free! You should look into a stainless steel replacement for the brass, which I've been told contains lead.

Why every person who smokes doesn't know about vaping is a crime.

I'm rather new to this whole arena so I hope you don't mind stupid questions being asked from time to time.
You're in the right place here. :tup:

Though, if you're studying Physics, Calculus and Electronic Theory, I hope you don't mind being asked some stupid questions either. :D

vtac,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
Ok so I have the o2 mini as my portable. And as far as vaping goes and serving its purpose it does the job for a decent price for a portable digital. My biggest complaint has always been the crappy fragile plastic and the power connections.
Ok so I know your saying why post that in here? Give me a sec to explain
So for the last week my o2 mini has been in pieces sitting on bed (Still works) just me mulling over how i could improve the power connection and just looking at a few other things about it. I had put it back together because I needed it later that day.
Later that day ......
I'm sitting in my car waiting for my O2 mini to warm up and wishing I had the lighter adapter. I look up at my ashtray and suddenly realize that I could easily modify my o2 mini to mount just like a car lighter.
Fast fwd to later tonight.....
I have a working prototype (not anchored) w/ whip tubing long enough to reach from the lighter to the passenger seat. Personally I would never vape and drive (I vape in my car when I'm out and about) but its nice to know that my vape is even more stealth now because all anchoring will be hidden as will the controls. Pics and such to come once the project it complete (A week or so maybe)
I hope I chose the most appropriate thread for this

umpnum14,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Durden,
Top Bottom