• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herborizer corner

Alexis

Hi all
Thinking of investing in a herborizer TI
Wanted one for ages

Thing is I have the vapexhale cloud and can't really justify buying a herborizer Tbh

For some reason I have it in my head that the herborizer milks harder then the vapexhale?
(I love the cloud but find the baskets a bit small sometimes dose wise)

Interested in others opinion comparison wise.

I probably don't need 2 aqua bong vape devices eh? 😂😅
Herborizer is a better device IMO. And other's. I'm not saying all.

I tell my Martians get the Herborizer.

If I was a Martian travelled so far to pick up my dream vaporizer, I would be very disappointed to take an Evo home with me.

So it's not a question of justifying as such it's simpler can you afford it and do you wish to upgrade your vaping experience? Better vapor quality. Stronger effects. More medicinal too.

The Ti is a very medicinal grade vapor producer. One of the best.

If it was me, the Evo was go to. I would want the Herborizer, instead really but I'd keep both. Or sell Evo and go elsewhere. There are a few good vapes out there.

The Evo has a lot of lovers. But to me it was very overrated.

Greenscreen

Herborizer is a better device IMO. And other's. I'm not saying all.

I tell my Martians get the Herborizer.

If I was a Martian travelled so far to pick up my dream vaporizer, I would be very disappointed to take an Evo home with me.

So it's not a question of justifying as such it's simpler can you afford it and do you wish to upgrade your vaping experience? Better vapor quality. Stronger effects. More medicinal too.

The Ti is a very medicinal grade vapor producer. One of the best.

If it was me, the Evo was go to. I would want the Herborizer, instead really but I'd keep both. Or sell Evo and go elsewhere. There are a few good vapes out there.

The Evo has a lot of lovers. But to me it was very overrated

Thanks for the reply and that's exactly what I thought but wasn't sure of

I had an underdog and a big fan of log vapes before so I sensed the Evo was not as amazing as I thought it was going to be.
(Still a useful device for sure)

I have also tried the roor vaporizer in dam years ago (same temperature dial design as a herborizer / verdamper)

That really was a beast and it stuck with me

Think I will make the investment on the TI

Alexis

Thanks for the reply and that's exactly what I thought but wasn't sure of

I had an underdog and a big fan of log vapes before so I sensed the Evo was not as amazing as I thought it was going to be.
(Still a useful device for sure)

I have also tried the roor vaporizer in dam years ago (same temperature dial design as a herborizer / verdamper)

That really was a beast and it stuck with me

Think I will make the investment on the TI
You're welcome. I like to take the opportunity to make sense as well occasionally when the matter is so simple. I think this is worth your doing. I don't see you regretting.

The XL though even on 220 C doesn't match the Verdamper's power.

The Ti has stronger effects.

I have been using my DigiTi lots last 3 days. It's an excellent vape. So versatile any size load on the same temperature will work. Like 350 C or 347 I'm on, fill a bowl, or a 0.1 and it's equal clouds just less.

Greenscreen

Sounds like a monster vape
I would be looking at the TI
Verdampers are amazing but a bit next level apparatus wise!!

I have been using my DigiTi lots last 3 days. It's an excellent vape. So versatile any size load on the same temperature will work. Like 350 C or 347 I'm on, fill a bowl, or a 0.1 and it's equal clouds just less.

350 celcius?
Did you mean 350f? (175 c)

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
350 C = 662 F
420 C = 788 F

Those are very high temperatures for vaping flower but not necessarily concentrate. With flower - the last beneficial constituents vaporizer at about 428 and combustion is somewhere around 460 (benzene vaporizes at about 408 - so that's the first compound that vaporizers that is not healthy!!).

I definitely enjoy hits on the Herborizer at far lower temps. I have the analog so I can't tell the exact temperature but the dial is at about 5.5 for flower and it's perfect. I used a digital meat thermometer (not sure the accuracy as I have no idea about the calibration - kitchen device) and the end of the titanium nail is about 450 F which is 232 C.

So either we are using the device temperatures extremely differently or the temps are in F.

D

Alexis

350 celcius?
Did you mean 350f? (175 c)
Yes, answered above thanks @passenger hope you're doing well mate. :)

The PID readout is 347 Celsius on mine presently.

The air temp going through the bowl is at least 200 Celsius, equiv to 7 on the Analoge XL, maybe up to 206 possibly. 210 max.

Same with the Flowerpot. They use Farenheight mainly, from 600-750 mostly.

But the extraction temp is way lower.

Greenscreen

The PID readout is 347 Celsius on mine presently.

The air temp going through the bowl is at least 200 Celsius, equiv to 7 on the Analoge XL, maybe up to 206 possibly. 210 max.

Sounds amazing.. no wonder it extracts so fast and so well
What colour is the AVB after extraction? Black? Or very dark brown?

Greenscreen,
Reactions: Alexis

daoist

I vape between 6 and 8 on the analogue. My abv looks oke. certainly not black. More like medium roast coffee grinds.
The heater temperature and the actual temperature of the air doing the extraction are not the same thing. I know it freaks people out sometimes.

I think in the troy and jerry show they were hitting the Ti above 800f or something. They tested different temps, low and high.

Last edited:

Greenscreen

I vape between 6 and 8 on the analogue. My abv looks oke. certainly not black. More like medium roast coffee grinds.
That's cool
I just wondered how close you get to combustion .. it sounds nowhere near

Do people here make butter from the ABV?
I just did this with 80g ABV that was golden

I used to enjoy the ABV butter effect but this recent batch was so sleep inducing and dehabilating lol
It made me wonder what cannabinoids are actually left in the butter.. I think it must be CBN
It's definitely not THC I don't think

Either way I used to love ABV butter but now I'm a bit older I think its effects are not so pleasent
(Had a few people hate that feeling that abv edibles produce)

Just wondered what you guys thought about it and whether you use your ABV for edibles etc?

P.s.. thanks for all the kind responses and sorry for going OT

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I like this graphic that shows the boiling points of the compounds in cannabis: https://www.amsterdamseedcenter.com...urified/Cannabis_Fractions_Boiling_Points.png

There are multiple forms of THC and they start at 155 and go to 175 C (311- 347 F). Most people have gone far beyond that temp while vaping. Now there is still some THC left but I've read to expect about 70% extraction by the end. Not sure if that's been scientifically verified.

When I make butter I throw the ABV in but mostly use flower and decarb it.

The heater temperature and the actual temperature of the air doing the extraction are not the same thing. I know it freaks people out sometimes.

I think in the troy and jerry show they were hitting the Ti above 800f or something. They tested different temps, low and high.
One of them likes super big and hot rips so that's not surprising. The other one is more mellow - sort of like me!!!

Last edited:

daoist

keeping your ABV is not really worth it in my opinion. And i have combusted twice on the Ti, but i think both times was just too much herb in the bowl. If you keep distance between the heater and the herb it will be fine.

the temperatures on the ti don't make any sense. You just need to take the ti with a different approach. you just need to test it out and see what temp works the best for you. People have called me out on using my herborizer at such high temperatures. but it works for me.

Alexis

Sounds amazing.. no wonder it extracts so fast and so well
What colour is the AVB after extraction? Black? Or very dark brown?
It can be quite light but if I use 347 Celsius like at the moment then it's not a rapid extraction multiple very decent hits incredibly smooth and I can take it to not a dark brown but the point where I'm not seeing flecks of variable gold greeny amber among the brown feeling in my mind that I didn't extract everything but it's not anything like charred or blackend ever.

You can use massively different temperatures 300 to 350 to over 400 and still get very high quality smooth vapor just a bit more ticklish to me harsher for very sensitive allergenic lungs but for those who are not sensitive it can be the preference.

On say 400, I am sure ABV would be quite dark. But still extraction is so immediate and complete, the vapor is smooth, tasty. Never unpleasant.

There is so much room to dial in your own sweet spot and draw that optimum line with this device as well in particular because of the smoothness of the vapor and consistency of extraction.

So it's just a case of getting it in your hands and plug and play you can't really go wrong and see what you like best.

And enjoy. :)

Last edited:

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Do these parts of the Herborizer Ti get hot enough to burn you if you accidentally touch them?

View attachment 14617

Or is it only the part inside the glass?

View attachment 14618

Thanks

Hi

The answer is yes. There is a silicone sleeve that goes over the handle. The hottest part is the top of the nail and the nail itself. The screw looking section is less hot but still hot. Also, the bowl will get hot after the injector has been in it.

From a safety standpoint, use a stand to hold the injector (absolutely needed). The first time I used the nail without the silicone sleeve and I could move it around by holding the end where the cord plugs in so the silicone sleeve is super important. With that on, the heat isn't bad. It's not like enail coils which really give off a ton of heat. This is more contained and directed.

All metal parts except where the cord plugs in - get hot.

D

Alexis

Do these parts of the Herborizer Ti get hot enough to burn you if you accidentally touch them?

View attachment 14617

Or is it only the part inside the glass?

View attachment 14618

Thanks
The metal round heart directly above the protruding main titanium heating element I think will certainly get quite toasty but not to the point where you could not brush it for a second without any real harm or injury but you wouldn't want to pick it up by that ever.

The, I can't think of the right term at the moment I almost said corrugated but grooved metal between the the horizontal parts and the heater cover would be a bit less warm I think but still not something you would want to handle at that point except the heater cover itself was never originally included so that part of the metal handle was actually handleable except it was a little bit warm for some People using higher temperatures on the analog units like setting seven and eight at the time.

So it's a case of the heat really being a problem in the main channel and not so much on the horizontal protruding part of the handle.

Still it's really no problem though this is one of the easiest things in the world to handle just used to handle itself.

daoist

I don,t even thouch the glass of the bowl, unless it is by the small glass handle part. One time i took a hit and wanted to clean up the bowl after that. so after i took of the heater and waited like a minute or so i pick up the bowl to dump the ABV and the glass was still hot enough to almost burn myself.

the heat transfer of this titanium heater is absolutely insanely fast.. But there is a silicon sleeve you can put on the handle part of the heater.
But I would not touch any of vertical heater parts or the bowl. because it gets hot. Especially at the higher temperatures.

I use setting 6 to 8 on the OG Ti. At 8 i still can pick it up with the silicon handle, but you feel that it is pretty warm to the touch.
I kinda like to hoover my hand over it and see if it is heated up yet.

Last edited:

Vapordeflor

Hey @dimmusp !

Do not worry about heat on the handle of the heater, silicone sleeve is always included and installed on latest models, when ordering the vape and the controller, so it shouldn´t be a problem.

As other fellow vaporists have said, do not touch anything else..

Last edited:

daoist

The silicon handle only comes with the "Ti system" If you just order the Ti heater by itself you have to order the sillicon sleeve seperate, as well as the power supply and pid, and the SG19 glass part for the heater as well.

Last edited:

Rainbow and Rasta

Hey @dimmusp !

Do not worry about heat on the handle of the heater, silicone sleeve is always included and installed on latest models, when ordering the vape and the controller, so it shouldn´t be a problem.

As other fellow vaporists have said, do not touch anything else..
When you run your DigiTi at high temperature what’s the number on the pid please ?

Rainbow and Rasta,
Reactions: Vapordeflor

Vapordeflor

Oh I can go as high as 400ºC on the PID without any combustion. I never use that temp with flower tho but I know I can. Sometimes to end a microdose load (just covering screen) I go up to 393ºC no combustion.

Vapordeflor

Yeah! I have tried 420 but with hash, I dont think it will combust with herb at that temp… Also I'm doing no preheats, did it on a normal basis and sometimes do it again with no combustion. I have pre heated as long as several minutes (3 or even 4) on temps mentioned below with good results (lots of dense vapor, not that flavorful tho). I do standard convection inhale (start slow and go harder). Usually sarting my session (0.2grs normally) at 343ºC and ending at 363 or even 373.

Last edited:

Rainbow and Rasta

Yes I’m taking draws just like you do
How’s your abv looking at 373 ?
Btw the 444 I did was with flower and it was crushed for sure 👌 and dark brown

Rainbow and Rasta,
Reactions: Vapordeflor
Top Bottom