Herborizer corner

Shadooz

Dude, if you heatsoak the herborizer you do it wit the herbs in.
For the Ti 10 seconds is enough, for the XL i recommend 30 - 60 secs heak soak.

What i often do is get one hit and dont lift the heater from the bubbler. the i exhale and take 2nd hit right away. that will cloud the shit out of that thing.
As a "tasty clouds" chaser :peace:, fresh herbs heatsoak fast, 3sec and u get bowl condensation, even with a TI at 4.5, so at +6...
just the time to prepare your breath, it's not apnea, but bubbler still require one/two deeper preparation breath.

But if u don't lift the heater during your pull, u will have blowbacks..., and end up with reclaim on bowl/heater, like the bowl shown recently. Put it back after u've cleared the bubbler. and then 15 sec, or more, to get deep for "little death", or "la petite mort" :evil:

Last edited:
Shadooz,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Never such blowbacks with the Verdamper but is an eventuality with many models.

I only used the Verdamper with Deluxe stock setup though, so..

Hope all are set for a restful or fun weekend.

Having a truly manic time here still. As if a fractured hand last week with 2nd influenza this year + + wasn't enough, I have added fractured back ribs to the equation with an accident during a very messy affair 2 days ago.

It hurts, but lucky really. Not even a bruise in the long run.

A hell of a lesson though.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Shadooz I would suggest getting either a piece with a carb hole or an incycler. I have overlooked the value of those type of WPs cause i like percolation and diffusion, and not much seem to be going inside in terms of that visually other than some water circling,but i was suprised to find out there is zero blowback also vapor is pretty smooth.
That being said i am pretty used to lifing my logs ,so they are safe,but it is annoying how sometimes it blows some of my material out of the bowl. All that being said still my favorite tool is the FC-1000 Reverse Matrix to Peyote pillar, it is just mesmerising to watch,even though it has a nasty blowback, just use just enough water and try to do a soft release by decreasing the inflow during end of the hit.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: dimmusp

Shadooz

I would suggest getting either a piece with a carb hole or an incycler.
When u use device, with which, u can't easily separate heater and bowl. Carbhole will help reduce water induced blowbacks. (Vapbong carbhole story).
But there will still be more recondensation in the bowl than clearing/cooling it by a simple lift. The only issue will be the stickiness of new unit.

Shadooz,

Texus

I prefer to use a pass thru adapter with both Herborizer (and Baller B-rod). Use 10mm plug as carb and keeps heat from pricey glass rigs.

Texus,

daoist

I actually had my Ti shutoff by itself a few times now. I think something is wrong with my rig.
I wrote seb an email. to see if he knows what could be wrong. I Think they are closed for the next 2 weeks, but hopefully he still reads his mail.

daoist,
  • Sad
Reactions: Shadooz

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Hi

I love the Ti. I set it at about 5.5 and it works great. When I start a bowl - my heat soak process is to take a med hit and exhale and leave the nail in the bowl. I do that one to three times and then voila there is vapor. That makes sense since at first everything needs to heat up. Also, I don't load a fresh bowl with a hot bowl. I just don't want any heating to take place before I use it.

I take smaller hits. I'm not one of those people that can take super big hits. I'll put the nail in the bowl and sip a nice hit and then pause and do the same all the time with the nail in the bowl and then I'll usually start pulling the nail out at the end of the 2nd hit so the vapor stays in the glass. Then I'll take a 3rd smaller hit to clear the glass.

Two ways I can control the roast of the ABV: 1) turn up the heat to 6 (that works for sure for me - on different units that number may vary as will personal taste - I don't like super high temps so I never go over 6 - never had combustion); and 2) draw long and slower hits - if the nail is close to the final temp that you want to use to roast then it will take longer to heat up to that temperature - it will eventually but just not fast.

I use two different glass pieces with the Ti and the one with the lower resistance I prefer but it does make controlling the inhale velocity a bit harder but the taste and clarity of the hits is amazing.

It's my favorite vape for a few reasons and only two minor things I don't like: Likes: 1) Glass; 2) See the herb; 3) flavor; 4); control; 5) simplicity. Dislike: 1) Stand for the TI nail - the glass piece keeps coming off (I've figured out how to avoid it but I also keep a pair of oven mitts around just in case) and 2) the cord is stiff.

I love this vape!!

D

daoist

Herborizer for me is just the best tasting vaporizer out there. I think the herborizer bongs and bubblers suck though. Or at least the glass is way more expensive than it should be. I got myself a 2 x 16 tree percolator dab bubbler. That thing is one big flavourfest(i use it with herbs). The only thing that equals the flavour of my bubbler is probably the herborizer sherlock glass. But i had two of them. both of them broke. It is just to thin glass and breaks very easy. Even though i love that sherlock glass i am not going to buy a new one because i know it is going to break.

I personally get my Ti a bit higher so i start at 6 or 6.5. that way i can hit it with a cold bowl.

Texus

Herborizer for me is just the best tasting vaporizer out there. I think the herborizer bongs and bubblers suck though. Or at least the glass is way more expensive than it should be. I got myself a 2 x 16 tree percolator dab bubbler. That thing is one big flavourfest(i use it with herbs). The only thing that equals the flavour of my bubbler is probably the herborizer sherlock glass. But i had two of them. both of them broke. It is just to thin glass and breaks very easy. Even though i love that sherlock glass i am not going to buy a new one because i know it is going to break.

I personally get my Ti a bit higher so i start at 6 or 6.5. that way i can hit it with a cold bowl.
Big fan of sherlock but now you have me worried. But @VGOODIEZ also has a piece with the same lovely pinched mouthpiece that ends in a 14 or 18mm male joint, and that is only $20. Maybe a midway solution for you.

Texus,

Alexis

Big fan of sherlock but now you have me worried. But @VGOODIEZ also has a piece with the same lovely pinched mouthpiece that ends in a 14 or 18mm male joint, and that is only $20. Maybe a midway solution for you.
Don't be worried. The glass is fine. If not, something else will do.

None of my own Herborizer glass has ever broke yet, bowls, bubbler, sherlock, glass housing, stand. It's only matter anyway. Very replaceable. Worse things to break in life anyway and you should just be looking forward to this too.

daoist

Maybe i am just clumpsy. But my Arizer glass is a lot more solid for some reason.
And why should i be looking forward to breaking things in my life? I am not really sure if i a cool with such remarks.

daoist,

Alexis

I'm not saying the glass is sufficiently robust and could not be more so.

And indeed it is definitely a phenomenon on whereby some people can vaporize for decades and barely ever break a single glass item just very occasionally and others it is almost a weekly occurrence.

And like I say it's really small problems first world I know it's money but we can afford it in the first place and all we need is something which works.

So it's more about perspective really and just accepting things. That's why I kind of downplay the seriousness of this in favour of the brighter side of life here because not everybody is prone to breaking glass anyway so for most people the thin Ness of the glass is not an issue in the long run but it certainly can be for people who are more prone to glass breaks.

I broke my back last week and hand the week before and I have influenza so that is also a part of it although I would have made the identical points beforehand already just even more so now

Alexis,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey guys! I've been looking for a plug in hard hitter and a few vapes have been recommend, the Herborizer being one of them. I come from the Splinter Z, Hopper io, G43, and Woodscents being my most commonly used vapes. I want something that can consistently provide better flavor than those and also get very large rips like I can get with the g43.

I've heard one trait is you may need to draw rather slowly with this vape. I'm okay with not being able to huff a vape but I want the draw rate to at least be comfortable while not overpowering the heater. That's a big reason why my Woodscents has been a bit on the sidelines lately. Can it be uncomfortably slow, can it keep up with anything moderately faster?

I just really want something I can simply get very large rips with, able to maintain flavor when I want it to, and doesn't take forever to get a rip or at a big compromise. Just want a nice hard hitter :)

Alexis

Hey guys! I've been looking for a plug in hard hitter and a few vapes have been recommend, the Herborizer being one of them. I come from the Splinter Z, Hopper io, G43, and Woodscents being my most commonly used vapes. I want something that can consistently provide better flavor than those and also get very large rips like I can get with the g43.

I've heard one trait is you may need to draw rather slowly with this vape. I'm okay with not being able to huff a vape but I want the draw rate to at least be comfortable while not overpowering the heater. That's a big reason why my Woodscents has been a bit on the sidelines lately. Can it be uncomfortably slow, can it keep up with anything moderately faster?

I just really want something I can simply get very large rips with, able to maintain flavor when I want it to, and doesn't take forever to get a rip or at a big compromise. Just want a nice hard hitter :)
Verdamper hits the highest. Biggest rips effortlessly most consistently and automatically with sufficient load and regular inhalation. Flavor is good, more popcorny admittedly vs Herborizer as the bowl wanes but such a fantastic extraction and high. Just worth knowing about. It's been a declining breed too recent years.

Alexis,

minasch

I agree that the Herborizer glass is too thin. The quality is on the better side, the joints are great quality.
But it's still a stoner product so I think they should calculate with clumsiness. The base of my Sphere XL should just be thicker and heavier. Tbh never seen such a thin and light base on any glass piece before. That's the part of the Sphere where I am always scared to break something when cleaning or even when moving around.

Alexis

Personally I don't actually consider that a weak point I have a friend who has owned that model since 2011 and he wants dropped it on the floor it was a carpet but from near head height and it bounced up without a single crack or scratch and he's never even chipped it and he is a dedicated hard-core stoner and has been using this model this particular bubbler probably more than anybody on this forum definitely and never had a slight fracture with the base or any part of it I think it's actually a lot more sturdy than people consider, the sphere.

The bubblers less so. The Sphere is stronger than it looks and feels IME.

Shadooz

For un-used people with bong, it can be un-natural. Even more with huge chamber volume.
Herbs extraction isn't dabing, u need time to melt the resin.
U can reduce it by increasing the temp, but with taste degradation (sourness taking over the sweetness, until even the sourness is fucked..)

I never liked too long draw, why i've crank the temp a little more.
But no herbs vaporizer is instant. just if u have not burnt papilla, a cooler with just a bit longer draw is sweeter than fast scorching.
But if u can't taste anything anymore, covid not helping, u can make instant cloud if u put it at +800F.

Your waterpiece will be determinent to found the draw resistance u like. (14mm 18mm, small/huge chamber)

I agree that the Herborizer glass is too thin. The quality is on the better side, the joints are great quality.
But it's still a stoner product so I think they should calculate with clumsiness. The base of my Sphere XL should just be thicker and heavier. Tbh never seen such a thin and light base on any glass piece before. That's the part of the Sphere where I am always scared to break something when cleaning or even when moving around.
Why i've bought my 20€ small snake.
it was even lower if i took it by 10, which would have been enough for my lifetime :rofl:
The only glass i've broken was the thickest, but tall and so easier to fall aside.

Last edited:

minasch

Personally I don't actually consider that a weak point I have a friend who has owned that model since 2011 and he wants dropped it on the floor it was a carpet but from near head height and it bounced up without a single crack or scratch and he's never even chipped it and he is a dedicated hard-core stoner and has been using this model this particular bubbler probably more than anybody on this forum definitely and never had a slight fracture with the base or any part of it I think it's actually a lot more sturdy than people consider, the sphere.

The bubblers less so. The Sphere is stronger than it looks and feels IME.
I hear this now for the second or third time so it seems that the Sphere is more stable than most people think. I'm not a glass expert, maybe there are glass formulas which are more break resistent than others.
Perhaps my scare of breaking it is just because it's my thinnest AND most expensive glass piece I ever owned.

Alexis

I hear this now for the second or third time so it seems that the Sphere is more stable than most people think. I'm not a glass expert, maybe there are glass formulas which are more break resistent than others.
Perhaps my scare of breaking it is just because it's my thinnest AND most expensive glass piece I ever owned.
Just be careful and sensible but no actual need for what we term as fear in this situation I encourage people to keep in mind that sense of perspective.

Alexis,

daoist

The Herborizer XL is fun if you want big hits. You put 0,75 gram in that bowl easily.
The XL has a bit less extraction than the Ti. But you can load a big bowl so there will be loads of extraction anyway. and big clouds.

But the Ti can do big clouds to if you put it a bit on the hotter side or if you heat soak the bowl a bit.
I am still learning on my Ti what works best. I would recommend the Ti over the XL purely for ergonomic reasons. But In your case I definately would recommend the XL if you dare to handle a hot piece of glass pinched between two fingers. that is.

You always can buy The OG Ti later and put it on the same powersupply as the XL.

Last edited:
daoist,

Alexis

The XL though just in truth and perspective's name is no near match for the power and size of the Verdamper hits.

It's a lighter model all round.

Hits very heavily, maintains flavor through the load better than would be expected.

The Verdamper just delivers insanely large hits of the most actually potent vapor I have known, quickly and effirtlessly and crucially with a near maximum surface area too, the mechanism of the generation and flow.

Effect wise, the Ti is much closer to VD.

Alexis,

daoist

yes but not everyone wants to pull out a fucking methlab looking contraption everytime they want to take a vape.
Plus it looks kinda dodgy with that cheap ass wood they put the thermostat on.

So even if it is the best vape in the world people won't buy it because of simple things like where do i hide that thing when i get my landlord over.

AJS

Calm Consistency
yes but not everyone wants to pull out a fucking methlab looking contraption everytime they want to take a vape.
Plus it looks kinda dodgy with that cheap ass wood they put the thermostat on.

So even if it is the best vape in the world people won't buy it because of simple things like where do i hide that thing when i get my landlord over.
I agree. Stealth isn't necessarily a huge factor for me as I'm in my own home and legal, but I do appreciate the looks of a vape. I like something sleek. I think most people prefer something that has a clean look over something that is bulky or cumbersome.

They make a very tempting point with how hard it hits though. It's so hard to find the perfect balance of convenience, form factor, flavor, and density.

SquirrelMaster

The glass must be annealed based on my experience so far. I was cleaning my Sphere recently and while trying to put it down (in a rush) I smashed the base against a glass candle holder with zero resulting damage. I've also dropped the bowl onto the top of the Sphere as well as on one of my stainless grinders a few weeks prior after it stuck to the heater and in both cases there wasn't a mark on it.

If I ever break my Sphere I would order a replacement immediately. The wide base makes it extremely stable, more so than any of my other pieces. The straight 18mm joint is perfect for vapes, especially the Herborizer and VROD that I prefer to rest at zero angle. Lastly, I like the volume of air (1000ml) that it can hold and I love watching vapor build up. This last week I've been milking a bowl for one hit (with the VROD) and clearing for another, usually more potent, hit. If the glass was thicker it would be the ultimate bong but it's still a necessity as is imo.

Greenscreen

Hi all
Thinking of investing in a herborizer TI
Wanted one for ages

Thing is I have the vapexhale cloud and can't really justify buying a herborizer Tbh

For some reason I have it in my head that the herborizer milks harder then the vapexhale?
(I love the cloud but find the baskets a bit small sometimes dose wise)

Interested in others opinion comparison wise.

I probably don't need 2 aqua bong vape devices eh? 😂😅

Greenscreen,
Top Bottom