Herborizer corner

daoist

I only combusted with the herborizer ti. The heat transfer from that titanium heater is insane.
I don't think combustion is the best sensation from a vaporizer. I think that first low temp hit where you get that flavour explotion in your mouth that is the best about vaping. , and getting high of course.

I only combusted twice in like 5 years daily vaping. I think thats not to bad. I try to avoid it. it was accidental. I am not one of those guys that do it on purpose.

But I agree once you had a good combustion it really fucks up your bong. My bong tasted literally to gross to use it.
I had to do a real good cleaning a few times before i had that ashtray smell out of there.

Last edited:
daoist,
  • Sad
Reactions: Shadooz

Alexis

I only combusted with the herborizer ti. The heat transfer from that titanium heater is insane.
I don't think combustion is the best sensation from a vaporizer. I think that first low temp hit where you get that flavour explotion in your mouth that is the best about vaping. , and getting high of course.

I only combusted twice in like 5 years daily vaping. I think thats not to bad. I try to avoid it. it was accidental. I am not one of those guys that do it on purpose.

But I agree once you had a good combustion it really fucks up your bong. My bong tasted literally to gross to use it.
I had to do a real good cleaning a few times before i had that ashtray smell out of there.
8 on the Ti is not 210 C. Even 6 is about 210.

8 is officially combustion territory. It is not designed the Ti, nor advised to be used that way.

8 analoge is 400 C or above on DigiTi.

I would never use the analoge at 8. Expect combustion basically.

It's probably 240.

When we speak of the quality of the glass, the bowls themselves are very sturdy, high quality.

All joints on all Herbo glass are perfectly machined too.

You will not find in the world, more prefessionally machined and smooth fitting glass joints.

Some parts of the Sphere, the insert joint, are exposed.

But you can actually drop that sphere from a height onto a carpet at least and it will actually bounce before it breaks.

The bubbler, more fragile. But not overly.

emily

I've combusted in the herborizer a few times, but only when I get greedy and load too much.

The difference between smoking a bong or combusting in a vaporizer is the same difference between taking a shower or getting caught in the rain without an umbrella.

minasch

The herborizer can and will combust (if the heater is to close to the herb).
I combusted twice at 8 (210 degree) celsius. I am not proud of that, and frankly i hope ithat will not happen again because it is disgusting.
I combusted 3 days ago for the first time with my herborizer ti at 5. I wasn't wearing my glasses and have not seen that the heater touched the herb - not my smartest moment. Was really a nightmare. Had to clean everything and replace the silicon whip.
Now I'm waiting for the new silicon whip from verdampftnochmal which should arrive today.
I'll definitely plan to be more careful in the future. Pissed me really of how hard it was to get the taste off my glass setup.

Last edited:

daoist

I use the herborizer at 6.5, most of the time. But i have vaped extensively on "8" in the past on the analogue ti and never had combusted with it until one day i was a bit careless by not tamping down the weed low enough and i think the heater was to close to the herb and i combusted.
It was actually a magic sight with an orange glow slowly rising as if something magic was supposed to happen. And i never combusted before so i did not really realize that it was combustion.

But even if 6 is 220 celsius at the heater, it does not give big clouds or anything.
So the moment it hits the herb it is already cooled down a lot, becuase 220 at the heater feekl more like a low temp sativa hit to me.

Just out of interest:
What temperatures do you use on your herborizer.

On my XL i use between 7 and 8,5
On my Ti (same powers-upply/therrmostat as the XL) I use it at 6.5 and i8 to finish the bowl.

What about you stoners?

Ok yes you are right. I think i confused the temperature scale with the XL.
But i use about the same settings on the XL as on the Ti.

I checked the manual. I think somebody already corrected me in the past on this. that makes it extra stupid from my part.

the manual say to use it between 4 and 6. I dont even think i get any vape at 4.
Is that normal?

8 on the Ti is not 210 C. Even 6 is about 210.

8 is officially combustion territory. It is not designed the Ti, nor advised to be used that way.

8 analoge is 400 C or above on DigiTi.

I would never use the analoge at 8. Expect combustion basically.

It's probably 240.

When we speak of the quality of the glass, the bowls themselves are very sturdy, high quality.

All joints on all Herbo glass are perfectly machined too.

You will not find in the world, more prefessionally machined and smooth fitting glass joints.

Some parts of the Sphere, the insert joint, are exposed.

But you can actually drop that sphere from a height onto a carpet at least and it will actually bounce before it breaks.

The bubbler, more fragile. But not overly.

minasch

I use the herborizer at 6.5, most of the time. But i have vaped extensively on "8" in the past on the analogue ti and never had combusted with it until one day i was a bit careless by not tamping down the weed low enough and i think the heater was to close to the herb and i combusted.
It was actually a magic sight with an orange glow slowly rising as if something magic was supposed to happen. And i never combusted before so i did not really realize that it was combustion.

But even if 6 is 220 celsius at the heater, it does not give big clouds or anything.
So the moment it hits the herb it is already cooled down a lot, becuase 220 at the heater feekl more like a low temp sativa hit to me.

Just out of interest:
What temperatures do you use on your herborizer.

On my XL i use between 7 and 8,5
On my Ti (same powers-upply/therrmostat as the XL) I use it at 6.5 and i8 to finish the bowl.

What about you stoners?
I use my ti at 4.5-5.5. The suggested range for herb is 4-6.

6 is not 210 at the heater. It's the air itself. I don't know the exact numbers anymore, but the heater needs to be at I guess around 300 degrees Celsius to create hot air flow within the bowl at 210 degrees Celsius.
As I said I don't now the exact numbers anymore, but I remember definitely that the heater was way hotter than the actual air, which makes sense when you think about it.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I'm sure someone here will explain that a lot better than I did.

minasch,
Reactions: Alexis

daoist

I don't really agree with this logic. My ABV is just the regular cofeegrounds color, not the extra dark roasted espresso stenght-level 14 kinda shit.
I really barely get any vape at 4. So how do you think this can be?

Maybe my thermostat is a bit off with the numbers or something.

daoist,
Reactions: minasch

minasch

I don't really agree with this logic. My ABV is just the regular cofeegrounds color, not the extra dark roasted espresso stenght-level 14 kinda shit.
I really barely get any vape at 4. So how do you think this can be?

Maybe my thermostat is a bit off with the numbers or something.
If you don't get any vapor at 4 on the ti, maybe your ti was calibrated differently? I'm sure there are deviations between the ti units and that they aren't always comparable.

daoist

I use the power supply and thermostat from the XL. because i already had the XL.
But it works. but i think my Ti just uses the XL temperature scale. which i s: 5=180c, 6=190c, 7=200c, 8=210c.

The highs feel like that anyway. So it is just my gut feeling that tells me this what i think is going on.

Last edited:

Alexis

I use my ti at 4.5-5.5. The suggested range for herb is 4-6.

6 is not 210 at the heater. It's the air itself. I don't know the exact numbers anymore, but the heater needs to be at I guess around 300 degrees Celsius to create hot air flow within the bowl at 210 degrees Celsius.
As I said I don't now the exact numbers anymore, but I remember definitely that the heater was way hotter than the actual air, which makes sense when you think about it.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I'm sure someone here will explain that a lot better than I did.
I think 6 does equate to about 210 C air temp flowing through, the extraction temp.

And 8 must be near to 240.
@daoist hi man. Hope you're doing well.
4 on Analoge, with a full bowl well ground, I would expect vapor.

Not cloudy.

But 4.5 I would start at. A full bowl, like 0.3 gr is required there though.

But 5 is a good low temp capable of delivering.

5.5 more substantial. 6 is heavy enough for most.

But the actual temperature calibration varies with the analoges, not possible with the DigiTi. To a miniscule even.

Alexis,

daoist

Those settings you mentioned will leave me very light abv.
I start at 6.5 for a bit of clouds. And that is still a sativa low temp high i get from it.

daoist,

Shadooz

I use the power supply and hthermostat from the XL. because i already had the XL.
But it works. but i think mine just uses the XL temperature scale. which i s: 5=180c, 6=190c, 7=200c, 8=210c.

The highs feel like that anyway. So it is just my gut feeling that tells me this what i think is going on.
They are both said to deliver 36W, written on herborizer site.
So the PSU are the same, and so the temp scale with the TI notice. As XL coil is lighter, it must be hotter to the same performance.

So it's more about waterpieces (volume air, volume water, airleaks..), herbs dryeness and personal taste, that bring variation between users.

To Milk at 4, u need a small bubbler and trained lung, to provide a long continous slow draw.
But i will end the bowl at 6 on a second draw

Morning first heat/hit 4.5 then a 6 killer heat/hit
Daytime fresh bowl first heat 5
Nightime straight to 6. But cut in two back-to-back without hour break between.

I ramp up my temp a bit, fuck accustoming.., and i prefer to take shorter pull. But some herbs have high variation taste depending the temp. And enjoyable at lower.

Last edited:
Shadooz,

daoist

So do you heaksoak at 4 or 4.5? and how long.
Those settings you mentioned don't work for me,

daoist,

passenger

is this thing on?
Well, if I have 0.05-0.1 in it, I use the Ti @6,5 and the DigiTi @420C, give it a short heat soak and then
pull it in:
done.

passenger,

Shadooz

So do you heaksoak at 4 or 4.5? and how long.
Those settings you mentioned don't work for me,
I only bowl heatsoak a bit my killing draw at 6.
Never a fresh one. Herborizer have transparent bowl, as soon as u see condensation between herbs and the bowl, it's good.

For my weed, it's 4sec with a fresh bowl, and 15 sec with half baked bud.

Vapordeflor

Never tried to heat soak just the bowl without herb and then loading it, going to try it this afternoon. As there is no herb in the bowl, you could heat soak as long as you want without loosing any flavor and then load the bowl, place the injector on top and :smug:

Vapordeflor,

daoist

i just finished a bowl at 8 on the analogue Ti and the abv does not really look to dark.
It looks okay. but not almost black what i would expect at the temperature.

I feel gaslighted here. why do i get different results as other people.

daoist,

Shadooz

Never tried to heat soak just the bowl without herb and then loading it, going to try it this afternoon. As there is no herb in the bowl, you could heat soak as long as you want without loosing any flavor and then load the bowl, place the injector on top and :smug:
When we talk about bowl heatsoak it's with the herbs.
Heat the bowl without herbs is useless.
Glass conduction isn't wanted. It's a downgrade to hybrid heat

Last edited:

Alexis

i just finished a bowl at 8 on the analogue Ti and the abv does not really look to dark.
It looks okay. but not almost black what i would expect at the temperature.

I feel gaslighted here. why do i get different results as other people.
Calibration varies. One analoge Ti on 5 may equal another on 5.75.

Alexis,

daoist

Checked your heater position? It might play a role in that as it is adjustable
i will check that tomorrow. the titanium is sticking out 1,5 or 2cm on the bottom of the glass..
It looks pretty much like the picture in the manual. except they say that it should be 5mm. but it does not look like its 5mm in the in the manual's picture either. So that number looks a bit off to me.

I loaded the manuals PDF and my stoner invention of the day was to hold the Ti a bit close to the screen and see if the proportions were the same as in the PDF file (which i enhanced to real life proportions). My heater look like its school book example perfectly assembled.

I really don't get whats wrong with the heating. It works, as long as i don't listen to the manual or any of you guys (no offense intended).

Last edited:
daoist,

Vapordeflor

Guess I will still try and see :smug:
Did tried yesterday afternoon.
I did a quick pre-heat of just the empty bowl for 8 minutes . Definitely it does provide more vapor density on the first hit but it also mutes a bit those volatile terps that most of us seek when buying full convection vapes...
Don´t see me doing it on a regular basis but IME it´s a better method than pre heating with the herb on the bowl for the first hit; I never pre heat for the first hit tho, I love the flavor on it.

Vapordeflor,

daoist

Dude, if you heatsoak the herborizer you do it wit the herbs in.
For the Ti 10 seconds is enough, for the XL i recommend 30 - 60 secs heak soak.

What i often do is get one hit and dont lift the heater from the bubbler. the i exhale and take 2nd hit right away. that will cloud the shit out of that thing.

Top Bottom