Herborizer corner

verdampersweats

For sure you will not! Not the same high just a better one IMO. I'm still a cigarette smoker...chain smoker. But changed my herb consumption exclusively to vaping.
Why?
- It taste better, even the last rip, maybe it tastes like popcorn but not like a burning ashtree.
- High is nicer, clearer not heavy lastened disturbed by nicotine (if you are mixing your weed with tobacco)
- it's more effective. Effects of the same amount are notable better and so
- it's much more economic. Your amount of needed herbs will be significantly less.

If you go high enough temp i remember no difference and i smoked joints maybe 11 a day for 15 years i think my biggest break was maybe a month in total. The only difference to my mind now is joints hit less harder but a bong rip a big one can be close but the smell of ashtray and combustion is sickening but kills most of the weed taste. And then it stays on the glass after only one bowl i could taste it for ages and smell it yuck!

And he will have AVB too that can go from green to nearly black even in the XL which supposed never combusts if you grind it again and vape it again you can see a member on here with nearly a black avb lol. Personally mine is very dark because i refill on top of my old loads most of the time to get all of it out of the XL.

Alexis

Hey yo Herborizer family, @biohacker and co- in my usual OCD style, I have been excitedly checking the website every day to see when stock is in, et Voila!

Nearing take off. On my order page it now says:
"18/05/2017 Préparation en cours." :rockon:
I dont even need to translate. It would seem, take off is IMMINENT HOORAY!:clap:
Just had to share. Hope you are all good in the hood.
I guess Lacentrale got so full with croissants (and red wine of course ;)), they need some exercise to work off their bellies. Good on them man, I see thry have visited the manufacturers thread recently too. They sure come across as decent, chilled out laid back people.

Edit- I did translate for curiosity sake. I thought "Préparation en cours" might mean "no more croissants ever again", but no, it means-
"Preparation in progress".:lol:

Alexis

Well I havent had an email yet. And I didnt get one when I ordered either. Did you guys?
And I know you couldnt see an option for payal Biohacker, which is how I paid.

Did anybody else have a paypal option?
Also, strangely, after I already ordered, I was trying to persuade my mate Dave to grab one while discounted. I checked to make sure it was still a goer, but for some reason I couldnt select a courrier.
It just said "no carriers are available for this address" the exact same address I ordered mine to.
Strange. 2 possibilities I think. Either it is the Mandala effect, OR- a piece of croissant got stuck in the system!:lol:
Sorry guys, I cant help myself with these croissant jokes. It makes me laugh and not many things do that lately.

biohacker

just got the same email :D Do you guys think that they will send us Canadians + USA buyers the correct power cord or will we have to contact them before shipment?

I think they are smart enough to send the proper power cord, but I contacted them anyway to ease my anxiety and they said ofcourse they will.

Alexis I have been getting emails from them from the start, are you sure you entered the correct email?

Yes, paypal wasn't an option, and neither was I able to enter a postal code, they were having some system issues and they input my order manually!

If it arrives as fast as dhgate orders do from China, this will not take very long! @SoDelicious fingers crossed for no customs/fees/taxes! If we get away with it it's one smoking hot deal that's forsure! Never have to pay duties on anything from dghate, or anything from the USA for that matter. Maybe just lucky!

Pustupillo

The Don_Key
Is there any difference between 18.8 and 14.5 model? I have a 18.8 bong but if 14.5 is better i can get an adapter..

Tomorrow ill charge my money on my card so ill make the order finally!!!!!

Pustupillo,

Alexis

Is there any difference between 18.8 and 14.5 model? I have a 18.8 bong but if 14.5 is better i can get an adapter..

Tomorrow ill charge my money on my card so ill make the order finally!!!!!
@Carlos8400 posted some great details about this very thing many pages back.
He is the resident Ti scientist on this board. You want to know something about the Ti, if Carlos has it in his powers, he will do some testing and get you a precise, concise and very useful answer.

He tried both 14 and 18 mm and concluded that functionally, there was no noticeable difference. He also felt that the 18 mm is preferable because with the 14 mm bowl being narrower and a smaller hole, herb was getting caught and building up on the edge of the glass in the 14 mm bowl.

So I think the bowl size is of less relevance with this otherwordly Ti than usual with different vapes, where it can mean a difference in functionality.
All courtessy of Carlos the great Ti guinea pig! He rocks!:rockon:

Last edited:

Carlos8400

No difference, same size bowl, smaller joint.
In use the 14.5mm does get dirty a bit quicker, rather than going straight down like the 18mm it funnels, and a lot of goop gets stuck on the sides. If you have a 18.8mm bong i don't see a reason to get the 14.5 bowl.

Edit: you beat me to it Alexis...

Edit 2: Something else worth noting, the "workflow" is much easier with the 18.8mm bowl.
Because the injector is also 18.8mm, everything fits everywhere, you can leave the injector in the bong whilst you fill the bowl, it's nice and smooth. With a 14.5 mm bong, you need a stand to rest the injector (unless you have three hands), it's one more thing to worry about, i don't like clutter!

Last edited:

Alexis

You took the words right out of my mouth Carlos, and you best me back to it, I was going to add your point exactly.
At least you have proved me right by being immediately on hand with your usual helpfulness and precision!:tup:

Alexis,
Reactions: dimmusp

verdampersweats

No difference, same size bowl, smaller joint.
In use the 14.5mm does get dirty a bit quicker, rather than going straight down like the 18mm it funnels, and a lot of goop gets stuck on the sides. If you have a 18.8mm bong i don't see a reason to get the 14.5 bowl.

Edit 2: Something else worth noting, the "workflow" is much easier with the 18.8mm bowl.
Because the injector is also 18.8mm, everything fits everywhere, you can leave the injector in the bong whilst you fill the bowl, it's nice and smooth. With a 14.5 mm bong, you need a stand to rest the injector (unless you have three hands), it's one more thing to worry about, i don't like clutter!

You just saved me money bro i was wondering why Seb did not include this in the bundle i made this mistake with the XL i bought one then quickly realized when hot i had no where to set the injector and refill. And i had it marked down to make sure to get one with the bowl holder and the small hemp bag as well.

Heck i had myself convinced to get 14mm because i was woried 18mm might be too airy, But all my gear is currently 18mm so i think im going to stick with 18mm after the comments about it sticking. If i could kiss you i would!

biohacker

Really hope Seb gets that new stand posted soon! Still debating the enail attachment, but since there is so much heat bandwidth with this thing I may just mix concentrates with flowers like I usually prefer.

Alexis

You just saved me money bro i was wondering why Seb did not include this in the bundle i made this mistake with the XL i bought one then quickly realized when hot i had no where to set the injector and refill. And i had it marked down to make sure to get one with the bowl holder and the small hemp bag as well.

Heck i had myself convinced to get 14mm because i was woried 18mm might be too airy, But all my gear is currently 18mm so i think im going to stick with 18mm after the comments about it sticking. If i could kiss you i would!
Sebastien is going to release a holder for the Ti element very soon. Im sure he didnt really expect people to use the 18 mm intake for the bowl, to rest the heater.
@Carlos8400 is just adventurous and saw the solution.
I am sure deep down Sebastien expected to provide a holder for the element.
I hope and expect to get one from him when I pick up the sleeve handle, plus an extra bubbler mouthpiece.

@biohacker - mystery solved! Mr Mandala sent my emails to my spam folder! I wish he would do that for all the bloody gambling ladbrokes home boiler blah blah shit that ME has to put in bloody spam!:argh::lol:

Still, all's well that ends well. Gosh, how soon will I have the Ti in my hands?!
I've seen the emails now, it's real. I DIDN'T dream it AFTER ALL! Or did I?:zzz:

Carlos8400

Just a quick shot of both bowls!
As you can see the 18.8mm already collects a bit of goop underneath the screen, this is after 2 or 3 weeks without a clean (daily use, multiple times a day). I don't find it too bad, and i can easily go a month without cleaning the bowl or screen.
The 14.5mm on the other hand has a much stronger taper, and would get just as dirty in a fraction of the time. It is much cleaner in this picture, but it was only used once or twice. I only use it with my "special occasion glass" my daily driver is 18,8mm.

Airflow wise, they are the same. The injector is the first in the chain and it only has two 4mm holes to provide air intake. I am no scientist, but i think the airflow will always be limited by it's more restricted point.

VgKKNKV.jpg

Last edited:

biohacker

That is amazing how different they are to maintain cleanliness! Thanks for pointing that out!

Now i'm not sure whether to just wait for Seb for the Injector stand for the Ti, or go ahead and pickup a hydratube stand + 18mm double female? I guess I have the time, and could pickup a few extras from Seb as well.

So nice to be able to get this soon, at least to run some burnoffs and admire its beauty!

Joaon

So nice to be able to get this soon, at least to run some burnoffs and admire its beauty!
Regarding your T Break, you could use the Ti with other medicinal herbs, there is a ton of, and the Herborizer(s) are perfect for that!
Looking forward for your feedbacks ! :cool:

Regarding cleanliness, I've tried to use multiple screens in the bowl, with great results!
2 fine screen positioned at 45° offset, crossing the mesh.
The bottom of the bowl will be much clearer, all small particules being caught.
A swift scrub with a brush on the top screen, and you'good to go !

Last edited:

biohacker

Thanks bro, any suggestions? I have tested a few herbs in the past like chamomile, peppermint, tulsi, but have had poor experiences...not much vapour at all.

biohacker,
Reactions: Alexis

Doktor Dub

Oh my, i am a little bit jelous... start to think about if i should send back my Omnivap before useing and getting the Herborizer first..... that s a real first world problem....

I would love a "micro dose" Head for the TI, this would make buying it even easier. Any Chance we get something like that? Just a smaller diameter where the Herb is....

Have a great day!

Doktor Dub,
Reactions: Hogni

Joaon

I have a pretty large stock and tried much of, and agree with that lack of vapor production.

Hop is one of best for vapor production (hop is "related" to cannabis somehow..),
but careful, it is not recommended for depressive persons ..

on another hand, St. John's wort produce less vapor, but is really good to sooth the nerves and reduce emotional turmoil :tup:

And Lavender at evening, nice sleepy effect :)

Carlos8400

And here is one after cleaning:

Dk2RaPU.jpg

As you can see i can't get it 100% clean, the yellow is pretty much baked on at this point.
This is after 2 soaks in PBW and 1 alcohol scrub with a toothbrush.
I don't mind, but if you are the kinda guy who obsesses on clean glass you are going to have to keep things super clean! Cause once it is baked in good luck getting it out.
(i do put around 2gr a day through it, and usually clean the bowl every 2 to 4 weeks, so it might be my fault for using it a lot and not cleaning it more often).

Loving the colour of the Ti bit though!

@Doktor Dub The Omnivape is probably the best vape you can get as a microdoser. The Ti is the complete opposite of it. What it does best are huge bowls and huge clouds.
Also there is no need for a "micro dosing" head, just stick anything on the screen and vape it.

biohacker

Did you try 99% iso soak in a very HOT water bath? Those should be able to be cleaned to sparkling, I remember having seen some EQ bowls that were pretty miffed up, and were able to get back to pristine clean! Otherwise, it's only aesthetics who cares right!? Personally, I would clean them way more often, i'm pretty OCD and clean my stuff daily including glass water tools. I can't stand dirty vape gear! But that's just me.

Doktor Dub

@Doktor Dub The Omnivape is probably the best vape you can get as a microdoser. The Ti is the complete opposite of it. What it does best are huge bowls and huge clouds.
Also there is no need for a "micro dosing" head, just stick anything on the screen and vape it.

Thanks for your input. I think i was not very clear, i am no actual Microdoser, but would like a smaller and more narrow head. I would appreciate it very much if Sebastian would offer something along those lines.

I guess i have the ideal solution for my situation: BOTH! :rockon:

Carlos8400

Did you try 99% iso soak in a very HOT water bath? Those should be able to be cleaned to sparkling, I remember having seen some EQ bowls that were pretty miffed up, and were able to get back to pristine clean! Otherwise, it's only aesthetics who cares right!? Personally, I would clean them way more often, i'm pretty OCD and clean my stuff daily including glass water tools. I can't stand dirty vape gear! But that's just me.

Yep, they did two 30 min soaks in HOT PBW, followed by a 30min 99% ISO, nothing does it, it stays yellow.
Same thing happened to my second Ti, and it saw maybe half the use this one has.
I think it just happens... When you load, some trichomes will always melt on the edges of the joint, and end up baked in between the bowl and injector. You might limit the staining if you clean it constantly, but i doubt it. When it started yellowing I thought about asking Sebastien if he had a trick against that, but now i really don't care. Things like that used to drive me insane, but in the end i would rather use this thing than spend my life cleaning it! I clean the bubbler once a week, the bowl when it is dirty, and all is well.

Just be aware, if you are a clean freak that you really need to keep up with cleaning.

@Doktor Dub i really don't see what a smaller head would achieve that this one doesn't, but why not.
I doubt it will happen though, as it would mean a second product, that would literally have no benefits over the old one. It makes little commercial sens... And considering there were 10 years in between the XL and the Ti, i wouldn't hold my breath!

Last edited:

biohacker

I think what doktor dub is saying is that a smaller narrower bowl will allow for micros, yet yield thicker denser vapour, at even lower temps. With the stock bowl, micros are possible, but at lower temps would be wispy, and at higher temps harsher? I think i'd prefer the option of that smaller narrower bowl myself.

Afterall, there is a reason why the bowl has become smaller from the XL, so it's just one additional size change. I guess it's all up to the man Seb!

Top Bottom