Herborizer corner

Suki

Pics or it didn't happen! :)

it says on the page that it is compatible with Herborizer (and probably any 12v powered vape tbh)

Suki,

it says on the page that it is compatible with Herborizer (and probably any 12v powered vape tbh)
Im not sure how if the Herborizer is 8a power supply and the ATM is a max of 5a

For this I use the green side of a sponge, you can also use some small metal wires (not sure of the English name sorry) it works best if you soak the bowl in very hot water first
Edit: the name is scourer thx @Hippie :p
Voodoo Glass Cleaner is some wicked awesome stuff

MoOiAmAtree,
Guessing that sometimes designers want to have some headroom. Not uncommon for electronics to perform best when not near max capabilities.
Oh sure just a 5a would have been more than enough head room 8a is overkill but better overkill than not enough. Just another reason in the win for atm purchase. The major thing stopping me now is my Flix needs 10a :whoa:

MoOiAmAtree,

Texus

Oh sure just a 5a would have been more than enough head room 8a is overkill but better overkill than not enough. Just another reason in the win for atm purchase. The major thing stopping me now is my Flix needs 10a :whoa:
It "needs" 10A or the power supply happens to be a 10A power supply? Ten amps seems like a lot to power an induction heater for a Dynavap...

But if 10A is actually needed, this Power Supply I use for the ATM (dual bay) is 10A.

LEDwholesalers 24V 10A 240W AC/DC Power Adapter with 5.5x2.5mm DC Plug and 2.1mm Adapter, Black, 3264-24V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074GJ22P6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_M8NTF9CD2NJA3WV14XF7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Texus,
It "needs" 10A or the power supply happens to be a 10A power supply? Ten amps seems like a lot to power an induction heater for a Dynavap...

But if 10A is actually needed, this Power Supply I use for the ATM (dual bay) is 10A.

LEDwholesalers 24V 10A 240W AC/DC Power Adapter with 5.5x2.5mm DC Plug and 2.1mm Adapter, Black, 3264-24V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074GJ22P6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_M8NTF9CD2NJA3WV14XF7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
It NEEDS it there is a built in saftey feature I have spoken with both the creators of the flix and Refc to double check it won’t work.

Oh also even tho the power supply is 10a the atm Module is only 5a per output because of the buck converter.

MoOiAmAtree,

GoldenBud

nah the IH there's no point to connect to the ATM i think, it's cool to see the peak when it heats the cap but then it drops back to 0 or so

GoldenBud,
nah the IH there's no point to connect to the ATM i think, it's cool to see the peak when it heats the cap but then it drops back to 0 or so
That’s not true I dial down my flix to 10.4 so an ATM to run my flix, herbo, and woodscents would be ideal

MoOiAmAtree,

Texus

My thought too. Save the ATM for devices you want to have adjustable voltage for.

But we are getting far from them focus of this thread, which according to forum rules should focus on Herbo.

My thought too. Save the ATM for devices you want to have adjustable voltage for.

But we are getting far from them focus of this thread, which according to forum rules should focus on Herbo.
For sure I just one to minimize the amount of PS on my desk and now that I have a Herborizer in daily rotation this is a serious need

MoOiAmAtree,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I'm in the market for a tastey heavy hitting desktop. Is the herbo really the tastiest vape around or is there something that beats it now?

Vapordeflor

Hey!

The Herbo is amazing on the vapor quality, very difficult to beat but as per my understanding, people that have both Verdamper and Herborizer claim that the Verdamper is a bit tastier... So apparently there is something that beats it in flavor but it was made before... :lol: I know @vaporcman have both so maybe he is the one to tell you.

arniesk

this may be dumb question but is there any danger to use Chinese borosilicate bong glass as "glass stand" for Ti? I mean can I safely store running herborizer Ti for hours in that 18.8M joint without worries? I plan to use temps from 4.5 to 5 on analog controller

pic related
rBVaSlrxUrSANzzjAAEU_ugiqr8578.jpg

arniesk,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@arniesk no worries at all using that bong as a stand, the 39€ stand is a borosilicate tube with a 18mm joint so exactly the same thing. But that joint will get freakin’ hot and as the injector glass gets hot, you may experience some sticking. EDIT: respectfully, there are no dumb questions at FC. That’s what they told me.

Which segues rather nicely into my question:

Does anyone have a trick to keep the injector from sticking in the 39€ stand? I’m talking about normal session usage, not leaving it on all day. I continually and consistently have a stickage issue and it drives me crazy to have to shut it off so it’ll cool and become unstuck. I love the look of the stand but I’ve tried two of the stand’s glass and both sticks.

I believe the fact that the joint on the stand is ground increases the likelihood of sticking, after all the purpose of using ground glass joints together is to create a tight seal. It would be a non-issue if the stand joint were flame-polished but that’s extra flame & labour unless Herborizer can specify the joints come smooth instead of ground when ordering.

Last edited:

PerniciousSpeech

Wow this thing is amazing. I just received my herborizer yesterday and didn't have the chance to try it until just now and just...wow!

This really does just take my #1 spot immediately. I've got it turned to 6 on the dial and the flavor, vapor production, even the aesthetics it's all just so clean and smooth. It's great through any of my pieces, but I don't particularly like it through water, but that's not really a draw back at all imo.

I have a woodscents coming in Monday and I can't wait to compare these units head to head.

PerniciousSpeech,
Reactions: dimmusp

Suki

Wow this thing is amazing. I just received my herborizer yesterday and didn't have the chance to try it until just now and just...wow!

This really does just take my #1 spot immediately. I've got it turned to 6 on the dial and the flavor, vapor production, even the aesthetics it's all just so clean and smooth. It's great through any of my pieces, but I don't particularly like it through water, but that's not really a draw back at all imo.

I have a woodscents coming in Monday and I can't wait to compare these units head to head.
I have both, I actually "upgraded" from WS to Herborizer because I was getting frustrated from time to time that it would be nice to have a more open airflow and bigger bowls

That being said I was very happy with my WS before I upgraded. I'm a heavy user (around 1-2g a day) so Herborizer is better suited to my needs, but for a microdoser, the woodscents is just perfect

Suki,
Reactions: dimmusp

JonServo

this may be dumb question but is there any danger to use Chinese borosilicate bong glass as "glass stand" for Ti? I mean can I safely store running herborizer Ti for hours in that 18.8M joint without worries? I plan to use temps from 4.5 to 5 on analog controller

pic related
rBVaSlrxUrSANzzjAAEU_ugiqr8578.jpg

I went through a few glass stands (all Herborizer brand glass stands) before finally settling on a metal Errlectric heat stand. The glass stand is sexy, but if you keep the Herbo on for even a short while post session it will stick. And yes, I thought cleanliness was the issue so I kept all the glass super clean and still it got stuck in every glass stand I received. I like to keep the Herborizer on for long periods of time. I wish the glass stand would work for me, but the metal stand is way cheaper and works all the time.

Vapordeflor

if you keep the Herbo on for even a short while post session it will stick.
Hi!
Have to disagree here, I have my DigiTI on for hours (12+ on weekends) on the original Herborizer glass stand with titaniun base and I have just experienced the stick issue once, some years ago. Can´t say the reason but I do not clean the inyector glass nor the stand glass ever.. I also often do as below

Give it a twisting motion as you pull it from the stand.

Suki

Hi!
Have to disagree here, I have my DigiTI on for hours (12+ on weekends) on the original Herborizer glass stand with titaniun base and I have just experienced the stick issue once, some years ago. Can´t say the reason but I do not clean the inyector glass nor the stand glass ever.. I also often do as below
Exact same experience here, I only used my herborizer analog for a year but I've used it everyday and it's running all day long. At the beginning the injector got stuck a few times but I haven't had the issue for months. I don't clean them either, I think last time it got stuck was right after cleaning.

JonServo

Hi!

Really glad you don't have any issues with it. I'm done with the glass stands.

Top Bottom