• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herbie V2 by Vape Engineering - 510 dry herb vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thank you! We really appreciate it. When I read your name I always think of the discussion about the name Herbie in the Herbie V1 thread :D. Maybe you can remember it :D :D

Haha I do remember, and I think of the same thing when I saw this thread started! Happy to have been wrong about the name, Herbie works well (and that other product that had the same nickname is now discontinued anyway lol) I hope to try the V2 for myself!!

Yes, we plan shipping to US.
But here's a question to the audience:
Last time (Herbie V1) we shipped with DHL. The tracking was bullsh*t because it was from us to the airport. Then the packages couldn't be tracked anymore. Also it costs about 30€, which is kinda expansive for such a light and small parcel.
So does anyone know a better postal service for international shipping?
And is there something going on with the vape mail ban from USPS? We just read something about but are not sure if it is active or not?!

Unfortunately yes, the vape mail ban has gone into effect, UPS and DHL and FedEx all opted to join USPS in refusing to ship vape products... I think you're going to need to reclassify this somehow as aromatherapy, tricky with a 510 device perhaps... I know Collyland had better luck shipping internationally (specifically from Germany to the US) with UPS after troubles they had with DHL, but all shipping partners have issues...

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Holy mother, that thread escalated quickly.

I try to go through step by step.
But first I have to say thank you! to @oddjobold for the rewview and taking a bit care of this thread. We try to be here at least once a week and answer all the questions.

The ramp up in TC is about 1-2 seconds. In wattage (I personally use 33 W) it is about 3-4 seconds.
About melting: I have the final Herbie V2 prototype in use for about 4 months and I abused it accidently a few times but I can't spot anything. But to be honest if you go crazy with your watts I think it is possible.

A plastic free base would be great! But I don't have any idea how to make cermaic insulators. I wasn't even in touch with machinig ceramics. But maybe I should get in touch and check what is possible. Thank you for the idea!

No I haven't seen the Rhino :D I will order one and give it a try :D

Thank you! We really appreciate it. When I read your name I always think of the discussion about the name Herbie in the Herbie V1 thread :D. Maybe you can remember it :D :D

@KeroZen
Ryan was one of the first to bring a 510 vaporizer to market and for that we are grateful.
Personally, I've been using e-cigarettes since 2013 and the idea of building a dry herb vaporizer for it was already born back then. Unfortunately, we were still students at the time and could not afford the prototype. Nevertheless, we continued to pursue our idea.
(If you check us out on IG, we showed our first prototypes in the first 5 advent calendar doors).

But I'm still glad to hear that you are interested in a Herbie V2.

Yes, we plan shipping to US.
But here's a question to the audience:
Last time (Herbie V1) we shipped with DHL. The tracking was bullsh*t because it was from us to the airport. Then the packages couldn't be tracked anymore. Also it costs about 30€, which is kinda expansive for such a light and small parcel.
So does anyone know a better postal service for international shipping?
And is there something going on with the vape mail ban from USPS? We just read something about but are not sure if it is active or not?!

Maybe I can explain it:
Most people know the Crafty, so why shouldn't it make sense to show it next to a Crafty. We first thought about a banana for scale :D :D
Yes you are absolutly right! We wanted to make the Herbie V2 a small and handy device. And we waited very long for a side by side mod which has TCR and can carry a 21700 cell. We also use in our daily routine the Mechlyfe Paramour in combination with the SteamCrave Aromamizer Supreme V3 for vaping. So why shouldn't we match the design?

But you can use any mod you want. I would just make sure it has enough juice. If you want, check out @Improvaper at IG. He should also a quick demo on an Dovopo College.

Unfortunately there is no preorder ;( We wanted but there is still alot to do.... like website design, building the shop, searching for a good shipping service etc. We are very sorry for that.

In the name of science we already did it :D Check out the YT videos. We also made one with capsules. Regarding performance: I increase the temperature for about 5°C (in TCR) and inhale a bit longer.

Sure here's one with the Wismec reuleaux rx gen3. I try to make a performance video at the weekend.

View attachment 15112

I don't get your point here. Yes we made everything smaller to be more portable and used the glass beads for cooling. Is there a problem?
As mentioned above you are free to use any mod you want :D We just want to show the users what we like. Everyone can use the mod they want. That is the charm of 510 vaporizer.

Have a great evening!

I have a bunch of both 18650 & 21700 mods, would probably use my DNA75’s first. Even on top of a 100mm mod, would probably be no taller, then a stem based ModPod, or RBT, so no big deal.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have a bunch of both 18650 & 21700 mods, would probably use my DNA75’s first. Even on top of a 100mm mod, would probably be no taller, then a stem based ModPod, or RBT, so no big deal.
Yeah I'm not trying to troll or derail the thread, I'm just saying the photos and videos to this point blur the distinction between the size/shape of the Herbie v2 and the offbrand mod, which is just some random sbs that fits a wide atomizer.

So since it doesn't come with that Mechlyfe mod, I haven't used the stock stem, and I already have many mods from brands we actually know and use for 510 dry herb vaping, I'm making an effort to straighten out what we're actually buying from @Vape Engineering and how the stack height, clouds and abv look with mods that weren't chosen to make the v2 look shorter than a Crafty

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah I'm not trying to troll or derail the thread, I'm just saying the photos and videos to this point blur the distinction between the size/shape of the Herbie v2 and the offbrand mod, which is just some random sbs that fits a wide atomizer.

So since it doesn't come with that Mechlyfe mod, I haven't used the stock stem, and I already have many mods from brands we actually know and use for 510 dry herb vaping, I'm making an effort to straighten out what we're actually buying from @Vape Engineering and how the stack height, clouds and abv look with mods that weren't chosen to make the v2 look shorter than a Crafty

As had been stated, they chose a SBS Mod to hi lite how short it “could” be for those that might want a smaller profile. Since personally, I’m don’t care about portability, or the total height of the Herbie V2 & Mod, I wouldn’t be interested in yet another Mod, as I own better ones then the “SAMPLE”, they chose to use for illustration purposes. While the Herbie doesn’t look small, it needs to house a decent sized bowl, still looks shorter then a Modpod or RBT setup on the mods I use for both of those. If the price is right, and they can get it SHIPPED to the USA without problems, like find a US dealer, I’ll try one. :)

ChooChooCharlie

I sorta like this description:
"steel heater adapter sleeve"

US vape mail ban sucks, but enforcement seems vague

I've recently received a complete, operational log vape from Deutschland via dhl. And, got two different concentrate only vapes domestically mailed via usps and ups

Herbie is neither a fully complete vape, nor anything liquid/concentrate capable

If S&B can get away with shipping, simply by removing the mesh "liquid pad" from package and manuals, why not Herbie?

Shame you chose Vape Engineering as name, but how would you have known that vape would be a four letter curse in US among payment processors and shippers

I'm certainly no lawyer, but this 7321.90.6080 classification seems honest, yet still under the radar?

screen-shot-of-sched-b-class.jpg

Perhaps payment option of bank wire transfer to US domestic bank like Wise, if you open account here, and email Herbie buyers your name, address (bank's mailing address), routing, account# ?

Antrim50

This is a good point, but for some (and me especially) that form factor is part of the appeal. Provided of course that it performs well..

I bought this mod months ago when my istick bit the dust - specifically to use with a dry herb atomiser, but found that none of them would fit! (In the UK, the mechlyfe seems to be widely sold and has decent reviews. Is it shit? I don't know. The build quality seems good.)

I actually posted a thread on here about SBS mods - and received some great advice from you about potential other options. (Still haven't got round to buying the TM!). And you made the good point about 510 vapes trying but failing to replicate the form factor of complete units.

It may be a fools errand but the slightly strange bolted on modular form of a 510/ dry herb atty appeals to me. I hope this one ticks the box.

Anyway, I have a unit on the way for testing so will report back with more info at some point..

Improvaper

I think the point of the SBS pics are to demonstrate that they've made the unit thinner. Thin enough to fit on many SBS units.

Anyway, I got one to test, and I've been enjoying it. It's working great on my SBS Dovpo College, Pico 25, Predator 228, Evics. TCR has been rock solid, but with a vape with this much airflow I kinda prefer wattage mode. It's just punchier and more responsive. But yeah, Herbie V2 is adept at either.

The body does get a little hot for session work, but for spaced-out on-demand rips like I tend to do, it does fine. Even back-to-back, the mouthpiece only gets a bit warm, and it doesn't hurt to pocket right away when I'm done. Dosing caps don't seem to burn as evenly as I would like, but they are very convenient and get the job done well enough. I kinda wish the main body screwed on to the base instead of so many O-rings. As is, you kind of need 2 hands to adjust the airflow, and you need to do that every time you pop the top to check your herb. Not a huge deal, but I wish it were a little less finicky for that move. The O-rings are easy to open but don't feel loose enough for issues in the pocket.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with it. The wide open airflow and easy temp control makes it really flavorful. The mouthpiece (especially with balls installed) gives smooth, cool vapor. Easy maintenance and it's virtually indestructible. Lots to like. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Ipe17

Interesting...
I think I will get one when available to pair it with my Dovpo College.
Any comparisons with other 510 vapes is welcomed. I have impcognito, splinter and P80
cheers

Razhumikin

I think the point of the SBS pics are to demonstrate that they've made the unit thinner. Thin enough to fit on many SBS units.

Anyway, I got one to test, and I've been enjoying it. It's working great on my SBS Dovpo College, Pico 25, Predator 228, Evics. TCR has been rock solid, but with a vape with this much airflow I kinda prefer wattage mode. It's just punchier and more responsive. But yeah, Herbie V2 is adept at either.

The body does get a little hot for session work, but for spaced-out on-demand rips like I tend to do, it does fine. Even back-to-back, the mouthpiece only gets a bit warm, and it doesn't hurt to pocket right away when I'm done. Dosing caps don't seem to burn as evenly as I would like, but they are very convenient and get the job done well enough. I kinda wish the main body screwed on to the base instead of so many O-rings. As is, you kind of need 2 hands to adjust the airflow, and you need to do that every time you pop the top to check your herb. Not a huge deal, but I wish it were a little less finicky for that move. The O-rings are easy to open but don't feel loose enough for issues in the pocket.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with it. The wide open airflow and easy temp control makes it really flavorful. The mouthpiece (especially with balls installed) gives smooth, cool vapor. Easy maintenance and it's virtually indestructible. Lots to like. Feel free to ask me any questions.
What is the vapor signature like relative to other 510s? Do you get similar cooling from the balls as you do from something like an xl8r stem? Are the number of balls adjustable? Is the unit itself much heavier than a splinter?

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
What is the vapor signature like relative to other 510s? Do you get similar cooling from the balls as you do from something like an xl8r stem? Are the number of balls adjustable? Is the unit itself much heavier than a splinter?

I would say balls are more effective than an xl8r stem as more surface area. However the air path is very short.

Number of balls are adjustable

I would say the unit is heavier than a splinter, but not as heavy as say a sequonia or stempod og.

Interesting...
Any comparisons with other 510 vapes is welcomed. I have impcognito, splinter and P80
cheers

Does not really remind me of any 510, but very similar to a Tinymight.

Last edited:

Improvaper

Interesting...
cheers

It's got a lot more airflow than either of those. More airflow than anything except maybe a Stempod, which would be about equal. Flavor-wise, it's on par with both Imp and Splinter. A little purer than the Imp with less woodiness and more "air" in the stream. It performs more like the 18mm Splinter with faster extraction (if you want it).

It's got an open, airy quality to the vapor even when it comes at you dense. It can still harsh the back of your throat a bit with such a short path, but the mouthpiece does a great job at actually cooling the vapor. I was able to fit (4) 6mm beads into the mouthpiece in a nice tight "minimum energy" configuration that does a great job at diffusing and smoothing it out without cutting airflow too much. I think it works a lot better than XL8R stems.

TeaCup

Background

When the v1 came out - it came with the ultra fine Vandy vape mesh. This was dangerous in my opinion it glowed white hot and burnout quick. So i went on the search for a different coil. I tried claptons and some 20 awg ss316 solid wire, both were better but i thought the Herbie v1 could still improve. So i thought about the mesh that is used in a splinter and tried to copy it. I stumbled across a company that sold general purpose mesh in ss316. A lot thicker. I tried a few different coil shapes and settled on the light bulb zig zag. The performance was greatly improved. I told vape engineering about what i found, and tried to persuade them to try a coil like the one i had made. I made some other suggestions - we had a good conversation and then our ways parted.

Then about 3 months ago they contacted me and said they had come up with the v2, and were already in production. They had used my coil idea! To thank me they were going to put one in the post for me to review! Well i was quite flattered, and eager to try out what they had made.

Unboxing

Shipping took a long time. I think customs had it for a while, and i finally got my Herbie v2 two weeks ago. Vape engineering said they will look for a different courier.

When i got to the box - it was a lot more professional than the V1. Nicely printed label. Contents contained all the spares you could need, a nice carry case and instructions. It seems a nice complete package. Unlike the v1 - there are no extra tops required. The top that comes with it contains the air flow adjuster and the 14mm WPA. So the herbie v2 is a complete kit with no extras required other than the mod.

Performance

TCR has already been worked out for you. Vape Engineering recommend TCR 1020 on the mechlyfe mod. I think this this is more widely know as TCR 102 or 0.00102. Actually i have found using TCR a little lower suits me better. Something around 70 or 80. At 102 the Herbie v2 is a beast.

The vapor is thick and instant. The could thickness with this vape produces reminds me of the tiny might, it takes you a little by surprise. Flavor wise i would rate it an 8.5 / 10. Tiny might being an 8 and a Tetra P80 being a 9.

How comfortable is the vapor? I use the glass balls provided - great idea to have them built in. I find i don't use the 510 drip tip most of the time, but use my mouth like a carb to add some outside air. This makes the vapor tolerable and i don't cough. Not sure if the 510 tip adds much cooling tbh as its very short. There is a metal built in screen at the top of the 14mm WPA that holds the balls at the top and a normal mesh screen at the bottom that is held with a metal lip. The balls are held in well. This glass balls do a good job of cooling the vapor, but the air path is very short, so they are defiantly needed !

Herbie v2 likes a loose pack. No tamping required and about 2/3rds full gives me the best results.

Size

I found the Mechlyfe Paramour SBS mod on a Black Friday deal for 20 pounds. I would defiantly recommend it. The whole package is very small, Tinymight size - but you don't really need to bring a mouthpiece. Overall i would say only one of smallest battery powered vapes in my collection. Is a fury 2 or POTV smaller? not sure.

Anything i don't like?

One concern i had was the switch to o-rings from a screw fit. I don't like with the IMP and dreamwood how the body can come lose in your pocket. This has never happened to me with the v2 and the body seems to stay in place well.

The screens provided feel a little cheap. You have to be careful not to push down on the bottom screen as you can dislodge it fairly easy. Just something to be aware of.

Overall

Overall i am really impressed. This is a different beast from the v1. It feels more refined, more polished, and the performance is outstanding.

I recommend watching the videos that Vape Engineering have produced. Sometimes the vapor in videos is over exaggerated, i can promise you the results you see in the videos are true to life. Its also nice to see everything worked out for you and recorded in instructional videos like this.

Support

The guys at vape engineering are really busy. They have full time jobs, with lots of overtime involved. They have asked if i can help answer any questions you guys might have on FC. So please fire away and i will tell you what i know from my experience!

You deserve a whole fleet of them, the work you did with V1 was impressive as far as I'm concerned.

And applause @Vape Engineering for doing so! I'm not sure I want another 510, but if I do I'd buy this before any other because you guys persevered big time and I like your attitude and posts. Pardon my french, but good fucking job men. :tup:

Vape Engineering

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@VGOODIEZ Thank you very much for this video! You have a 100% legit radio voice! :) You should really think about vaporizer reviews.
This little grid underneath the drip tip is to keep the glass balls in place ;) May I ask if you have filled in the balls?
And yes, you are right. It is stainless steel. :)

@bossman I did not forget you. But I couldn't find the time to make the video. I am very sorry ;( I will do it as soon as I have a little time.

@ChooChooCharlie Ah great! we will check. Maybe we can send the Herbie's with company name v_engineering. We will try. Luckily some arrived in the US.

And thank you all for your warm words! We really appreciate 💚

florduh

I really like how easy it is to load.

I'd like to see some sort of cooling stem with a side by side mod setup. That's basically what the TM is.

florduh,
Reactions: bossman

Vaporware

There is a place to put balls below the mouthpiece, and someone linked a mouthpiece you can fill with another set of balls. I haven’t tried it but it should do at least as good a job as most of the cooling stems out there. :)

I started writing a post here before but it looks like I never finished, so I want to add that this looks like the v2 I was hoping to see @Vape Engineering ! I’m glad you stuck with it and I’m definitely interested in checking this one out. :)

Top Bottom