Herbie V2 by Vape Engineering - 510 dry herb vaporizer

David Root

The only Toasty Top parts for the stempod are a short stem and one that holds dosing capsules.

I don't know which coil. (s) He is sending. I sent measurements of Herbies guts. Might not fit.

I ordered extra stem pod coils so I may try them in Herbie.

clear as mud?

David

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The only Toasty Top parts for the stempod are a short stem and one that holds dosing capsules.

I don't know which coil. (s) He is sending. I sent measurements of Herbies guts. Might not fit.

clear as mud?

David

Haha no I get it, makes sense, the 18.8 mm stems are cross-compatible!

The one Alan uses is steel mesh, in a spiral shape, around a center pin, so I am curious to see what he will send that can be attached into the stem pod or especially the herbie in this case, because yes I presume it would have to be a little smaller than in the IH (presumably the spare stem pod coils would be easy to swap in since it is also built for that)...

Yes I still need to play with my Herbie

Shit Snacks,

David Root

Today I can tell you Herbie sits (fits) on Stem Pod Deck. Air vents are full exposed at the bottom. The inner tube sits on the deck not touching the stock coils. Outer is just at the top of the air ports in the stempod deck.
I turned off all Herbie air ports.
It worked. I did not mess with it, but got two hits and put it down. I think Herbie is going to need more heat.

Just having fun.....
David

oddjobold

Vape swap shop

clear as mud?

David

I have an order in progress with Alan for an iheat. So I have asked him if he can chuck in one of these coils.

A coil would certainly be bigger surface area Vs the w coil. Just could never work out how to do the legs.

oddjobold,
Reactions: XpeeN

David Root

This coil of Alans has legs on the sides instead of one in the middle.

Herbie is working fine right now with hand wound SS 316L coils.

Edit: I put the Stempod Kanthal coils in Herbie. I took one and added 2 wraps using the legs. The other one I put over top of the first one in an X pattern. I have only watched them light up. Not tried live yet.
I am going to try 8 turns S 316L 24 Ga. 9 if they fit. I have fat fingers.
Then I can go back to temp mode which works great on the Evic.
David

Last edited:

ConvectCode1

The Herbie V2 definitely took a lot of tinkering and mod switches, counting seconds etc…but I’ve got it down using 55 watts, lol. The TCR etc….thin line between vape and smoke much too thin for an on demand convection device in 2022. I mean it’s definitely not one we’re going to see retailers jump to carry on their sites, that’s for sure. But it’s fun if you have a ton of other vapes and an absolute ton of herb. It’s fun for a bit under those circumstances but it’s light years away from a Stempod Si 2.0. Those are flat out better atomizers period and for the same price.

jasp3r

The Herbie V2 definitely took a lot of tinkering and mod switches, counting seconds etc…but I’ve got it down using 55 watts, lol. The TCR etc….thin line between vape and smoke much too thin for an on demand convection device in 2022. I mean it’s definitely not one we’re going to see retailers jump to carry on their sites, that’s for sure. But it’s fun if you have a ton of other vapes and an absolute ton of herb. It’s fun for a bit under those circumstances but it’s light years away from a Stempod Si 2.0. Those are flat out better atomizers period and for the same price.
Yeah as someone who has had both. The stempod is defintely a better alternative. Shame they didn't take advantage of making Herbie bodies and stempod deck interchangeable. They are so close to the same size but won't fit together.

David Root

Been using hand wound 24 ga 316L ss wire with great luck in Herbie. 2 coils in parallel (electrically) Starting with 2 pieces 6" wire. make one coil with short legs and fat coils. Make the other one with long legs and the same number of coils as the other one but smaller diameter. I wrap them around an alan wrenchs of different sizes. I place them in an X or + shape. One over the other. If the lower coil is too close to the deck, it heats the deck.
No need for me to mess with the mesh.
Works great in a water piece
Works great with a J hook
Burns my lips with out anything.
Artic Fox TCR is the balls.
Once its set up, you can draw as fast as you want and it will keep up.
I pack the bowl good. It will really rip!

And since I now have 3 mods, I bought a Stempod. Worked first time out of the box. I put it on the Paramour and use it in watt mode. 46 watts. 56 for a Capsule. All I get is combustion in a water piece, so I don't use it that way. I have a B1 Flower pot.

Herbie has his place. Mostly the size of the oven, its what I wanted and dosing capsules.

I tried Alan from Toatsy Top's coil. I have fat fingers and trashed it. It could have fit but needed a jewler to install it. I am more the 2 lb hammer kind of guy. The one he sent had 2 posts one on each side, noting in the middle. Tape measure said it would fit.

He did send me some stems that hold a dosing capsule.

Pins are soldered wire. I had to shorten them and pinch them flat to fit in the slot for mesh. I effed it up. I even have teeny Snap On needle nose pliers. No matter how much I pay for them, they still shake. :) Actually I effed up 2 of Alans coils.

Maybe some one else can try it.

David

seki

Interesting, so how well does the Herbie V2 work as an injector style, are you using the V2 stock mesh coil?
I think Herbie talk doesn't belong in @invertedisdead's thread, so I figured it would be best to reply here.

I actually haven't gotten around to it yet, but still plan to at some point in the near future. Initially, my idea was to emulate the G43 as much as possible, and I considered a glass rod wrapped in stainless steel wire. I think there are a few "terp pills" being sold that would work pretty well in this capacity.

However, not wanting to spend any more money especially given that I'm not entirely sure this will work, I decided that I'd make use of the stuff I had on hand to make a proof of concept before committing any more resources to the project. I've taken a pair of tin snips and cut the stainless steel mesh lengthwise and I've also removed both of the internal screens in the body. My plan is to basically just bend the coil so it runs up and down the length of the unit, then filling it with balls to ensure the mesh doesn't come into contact with any other part of the body and cause a short. Filling the balls in will be a little tricky and it won't be possible to fill the unit completely given the design, but I think it could work okay. I also plan on running mysurevic similar to what Bud did with the G43, mainly because I think I'll need more heat up time than the 60 second limit AF provides.
h43-parts1.jpg

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I figured Herbie talk didn't belong in @invertedisdead's thread, so I figured it would be best to reply here.

I actually haven't gotten around to it yet, but still plan to at some point in the near future. Initially, my idea was to emulate the G43 as much as possible, and I considered a glass rod wrapped in stainless steel wire. I think there are a few "terp pills" being sold that would work pretty well in this capacity.

However, not wanting to spend any more money especially given that I'm not entirely sure this will work, I decided that I'd make use of the stuff I had on hand to make a proof of concept before committing any more resources to the project. I've taken a pair of tin snips and cut the stainless steel mesh lengthwise and I've also removed both of the internal screens in the body. My plan is to basically just bend the coil so it runs up and down the length of the unit, then filling it with balls to ensure the mesh doesn't come into contact with any other part of the body and cause a short. Filling the balls in will be a little tricky and it won't be possible to fill the unit completely given the design, but I think it could work okay. I also plan on running mysurevic similar to what Bud did with the G43, mainly because I think I'll need more heat up time than the 60 second limit AF provides.
h43-parts1.jpg

Very interesting, seems like a cool approach. Please keep us updated on your progress!

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Gdash

David Root

I like the idea, but it seems balls hold heat, batteries need to make the heat...... So heat up the balls then draw?

I have a B1. It needs time to warm up.
I guess if you knew when the balls were hot, you could shut off the power then draw a few times. (Thermal Battery)
David

David Root,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I think Herbie talk doesn't belong in @invertedisdead's thread, so I figured it would be best to reply here.

h43-parts1.jpg

Only issue, peek insulator in the base. Hope you don't melt it.

We had this idea a few pages back.

seki

Only issue, peek insulator in the base. Hope you don't melt it.

We had this idea a few pages back.
Thanks for the heads up. I should've been following along here a little more closely it seems. I thought of the idea and posted it to Reddit a little while ago but haven't had the opportunity to revisit it until recently. I guess I'll have to do a little more reading before I proceed.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device

Good thinking on the rods .This idea was tossed a few pages back.
Let us not if you get around trying it. Balls wont work 300000%,dont waste time or money on it,having in mind the off gas potential of peek insulation.
Edit: Sry for the untimely reply, i should hit refresh before posting but i keep forgetting at times :).
@Vape Engineering Have you experimented with coils from SS plate in the vein of TM ?

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

Mribisback_

I'm about to score one of these.

Do y'all think I could fit this into a 24mm side by side? I know the mod that comes in the kit has a max of 25mm but I can see a bit of a gap in the pictures.

Mribisback_,

Momor

I'm about to score one of these.

Do y'all think I could fit this into a 24mm side by side? I know the mod that comes in the kit has a max of 25mm but I can see a bit of a gap in the pictures.
The body of the vape is 25mm wide.
Just by curiosity, did you read this thread before wanting to buy this vape ?

Mribisback_

Yeah I've been reading it all day. I was just wondering if it's a true 25mm since I could see a bit of a gap on the 25mm mod they bundle it with. My mod fits 24.5mm and I'd rather not have to buy a new one.

I've been seeing mixed reviews for sure but I'm getting it for so cheap I don't really mind taking the risk

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I took my Herbie out for another pub trip.

The screen blocked, luckily I could buy a few more screens in a local shop on the way. However the performance still seemed off.

I have switched to using it on my P80, with turbo software. The warmup feature does not seem to add much to the party. The TCR i was using was 225.

It seems like you have to mother the Herbie to get half decent performance from it. Requires constant tinkering and tweaking.

I don't think I will be taking the Herbie out again, when I have to rely on it alone. When you share a vape with friends they just want someone that works first time.

I am sorry for my first review now. I seem to have been experiencing a major honeymoon period with this vape.

Lesson learnt don't review something so quick.

Alan is making me a spiral coil and I will see if this helps.

Last edited:

Momor

Yeah I've been reading it all day. I was just wondering if it's a true 25mm since I could see a bit of a gap on the 25mm mod they bundle it with. My mod fits 24.5mm and I'd rather not have to buy a new one.

I've been seeing mixed reviews for sure but I'm getting it for so cheap I don't really mind taking the risk
I just wanted to know I you were fully aware of what you're going to buy.
There is indeed a little gap between the body of the vape and the battery compartment of the mod, and it seems to be ~1mm, but the lid of the battery compartment is a bit wider and I think that's why this mode doesn't take more than 25mm atomizer.
The body of the Herbie is really 25mm wide. I mesured it with a caliper so unfortunately you'll probably have to get a new mod :\

Momor,

Mribisback_

I just wanted to know I you were fully aware of what you're going to buy.
There is indeed a little gap between the body of the vape and the battery compartment of the mod, and it seems to be ~1mm, but the lid of the battery compartment is a bit wider and I think that's why this mode doesn't take more than 25mm atomizer.
The body of the Herbie is really 25mm wide. I mesured it with a caliper so unfortunately you'll probably have to get a new mod
I really appreciate you checking that for me!

I love 510 vapes and I'm up for the challenge.

It took me almost a full year to dial in my Imp the way I like it but it was worth it.

Mribisback_,
Reactions: Momor

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Cleaned my Herbie V2, put it in the nice little padded case…. and placed it in the FAILED BIN. Done trying to make this device perform in any decent way. Some you win, some you LOSE…..
Would never consider buying ANYTHING from this maker, as they have struck out twice now.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Cleaned my Herbie V2, put it in the nice little padded case…. and placed it in the FAILED BIN. Done trying to make this device perform in any decent way. Some you win, some you LOSE…..
Would never consider buying ANYTHING from this maker, as they have struck out twice now.
I have mine sitting for months with a new mod for it that I can't even put my other units on. After the 3rd combust...me no trust:disgust:

Top Bottom