Herbie V2 by Vape Engineering - 510 dry herb vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
moded a CAT coil to use it on the herbie.

I am curious how safe the ruby beads with holes through them are for this use? Seems like it could be okay, but things change with heat, I'm not sure if the integrity of the ruby would be compromised (like how people would warn against using ruby beads that have holes in them for heater mass due to structural integrity for cracks and dust etc) although it looks like it would be an effective convection heater in theory at least!

I need to bundle my Herbie and Galaxy coil from Alan in a photo so I can list it for sale, never tried initial cleaning or to use or set up a single thing I have and think it could be good for someone who likes to tinker...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: XpeeN

kokolokokolokon

@Shit Snacks i hope they are safe :lol: the mod is from the coil itself…but the cat coil is the big wire coil with the rubies with holes. I calibrated the cat to be more powerful and i see no signs of break or degradation
In the cat it is a good heater (it is paired with another coil, with a helix form factor too but smaller and without rubies). But the cat heat it faster and it doesnt get hot….in the herbie it needs more time and the ato becomes the hell on earth 🤣 the herbie would need a fast heater…but i didnt find anything without wasting tons of herb combusting

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks i hope they are safe :lol: the mod is from the coil itself…but the cat coil is the big wire coil with the rubies with holes. I calibrated the cat to be more powerful and i see no signs of break or degradation
In the cat it is a good heater (it is paired with another coil, with a helix form factor too but smaller and without rubies). But the cat heat it faster and it doesnt get hot….in the herbie it needs more time and the ato becomes the hell on earth 🤣 the herbie would need a fast heater…but i didnt find anything without wasting tons of herb combusting

Oh yeah that makes sense, all that ruby mass, too hot for a metal shell, probably best to stick with steel mesh here, that heats fast but also cools fast

BigJr48

Earlier today I pulled mines out of storage trying to figure out what's the best coil setup for it, any ideas?
@Shit Snacks would like to see a pic of Alan's coil also would a flex mesh coil work?

Last edited:
BigJr48,

Shit Snacks

Earlier today I pulled mines out of storage trying to figure out what's the best coil setup for it, any ideas?
@Shit Snacks would like to see a pic of Alan's coil also would a flex mesh coil work?

I don't know what a flex mesh coil is, nor do I have a photo of mine, but I think there might be one somewhere in this thread? Or better yet just check the iHeat thread since it is the same one as there :tup:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom