HERBIE 510 Stainless Steel Mesh Vaporizer

Vape Engineering

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi @Zuhdj

we prefer to use the Wismec Reuleaux Gen3 Dual. This mod has two 18650 batteries. Also you can flash this mod with the "myEvic" or "Arctic Fox" firmware.
We also prefer the UWell Nunchaku 2. Single 21700 battery.

Anyway, we do some experiments, since you the guys here motivated us to do some research about temperature control.
Maybe you know that with temperature control the mod detects the temperature of the coil via the resistance change. With most battery carriers with TC you can specify the change in resistance. Sometimes there are also some resistance-temperature curves for a few materials (Ni, Ti, SS) stored.

With a mod that has a DNA chip, you can even program these curves individually.

So if you want to go directly very deep into the subject, then I would recommend a DNA mod, but I must also note here that we ourselves have no experience with it.

First and foremost, we are looking for the right material for coils. Here we have found a table.

We must also admit that our idea with regard to the thin mesh SS316L was not the best due to various aspects. Firstly, because SS316 is only conditionally suitable for TC vaping, due to the low resistance change under temperature. On the other hand, the thin mesh reacts very quickly. That is, you get very quickly a temperature excess, which burns the material if you do not pull hard enough. Therefore, it is better to use a coil that has more mass (weight). This reacts more sluggishly and the mod can thus control the temperature more accurately.

So if anybody of you know, where we can find some fused clapton SS430 on a roll, it would be great if you get in touch.

Nils

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Hi @Zuhdj

we prefer to use the Wismec Reuleaux Gen3 Dual. This mod has two 18650 batteries. Also you can flash this mod with the "myEvic" or "Arctic Fox" firmware.
We also prefer the UWell Nunchaku 2. Single 21700 battery.

Anyway, we do some experiments, since you the guys here motivated us to do some research about temperature control.
Maybe you know that with temperature control the mod detects the temperature of the coil via the resistance change. With most battery carriers with TC you can specify the change in resistance. Sometimes there are also some resistance-temperature curves for a few materials (Ni, Ti, SS) stored.

With a mod that has a DNA chip, you can even program these curves individually.

So if you want to go directly very deep into the subject, then I would recommend a DNA mod, but I must also note here that we ourselves have no experience with it.

First and foremost, we are looking for the right material for coils. Here we have found a table.

We must also admit that our idea with regard to the thin mesh SS316L was not the best due to various aspects. Firstly, because SS316 is only conditionally suitable for TC vaping, due to the low resistance change under temperature. On the other hand, the thin mesh reacts very quickly. That is, you get very quickly a temperature excess, which burns the material if you do not pull hard enough. Therefore, it is better to use a coil that has more mass (weight). This reacts more sluggishly and the mod can thus control the temperature more accurately.

So if anybody of you know, where we can find some fused clapton SS430 on a roll, it would be great if you get in touch.

Nils
I have had various 510 vapes, stempod, imp, dreamwood glow. I installed Clapton 316L coils in all of them and used TC with no problems.

@Vape Engineering This sounds like a challenge!

Tonight I will play with my Herbie, and get it working in TC. Up untill this point I was too lazy tbh. Also the Herbie is a little on the cool side so did not think TC would add much. Still using the 316L mesh so a good test. Last night I was using my SplinterZ in TC and I much prefer it that way. Will report back.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Okay I had a fiddle. I use my SplinterZ at TCR 150. I am guessing that coil is bigger than the mesh coil in my Herbie. So I started at TCR 170. Seemed a little hot. 180 a little cold. I settled on TCR 175 after my quick play.

The Herbie is more punchy in TCR. In other words the clouds come quicker. I think I prefer it in TC but more testing to be done!

I also need to check see if the coil is glowing, will do this when its dark.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
The story is gone from their IG now. But I saw it honest! A picture that looked like a photo shoot and the words "v2?"

What would I hope for in a v2?

A less complicated device with less parts.

Use of a thicker safer mesh for the coil.

A drip tip not held together with glue, or use of 18mm stem instead.

More room for the heater coil.

Same stealthy looking device

Last edited:

Glorg

The story is gone from their IG now. But I saw it honest! A picture that looked like a photo shoot and the words "v2?"

What would I hope for in a v2?

A less complicated device with less parts.

Use of a thicker safer mesh for the coil.

A drip tip not held together with glue, or use of 18mm stem instead.

More room for the heater coil.

Same stealthy looking device

Hey it looks like they finally posted the v2 up on their instagram, looks pretty sweet but we’ll see when they update some details and hopefully make a post here about it

Top Bottom