• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
RastaBuddhaTao has re risen! Despite the pause after ending RBT a couple months ago, Lee and Ryan's new company HerbalTherm is launching soon! Though their plans for the desktop unit fell through, this new product is finally coming to fruition as the 2XV (remember ZipZap? lol) with a prototype unit just received and alpha units being made... I should be part of the beta test team too when the time comes, we were notified by email and sent the below video, which lays out the design of this new vape (yes I will not stop saying vape haha I guess I could say aromatherapy device, though they want us to say thermal liberator... liberate the herb!)

Message from the makers:
"Thank you to this community for literally everything, could not be here without it and all of you!

A beta team has been formed to evaluate a design for a new 8mm herbal heater. It's high flow, full convection and has a large load chamber. It's compatible with 8mm stems and DynaVap has stated that they have no objection to the design. Above is the link to the video that was shared with the beta team, Ryan has filed a provisional patent for it and therefore is openly sharing the design and beta test results of the team along the way. Lee is fronting the new company and Ryan will be designing the new products of course!

The idea is full transparency of the beta test, and improvement phase, in order to promote an Advanced Notice List on the HerbalTherm .com website when it launches soon... If enough people sign-up, then we will do a pilot production run for the US and Canada, then on to world wide retail if the demand is there, so go sign-up if you're at all interested!"

Exciting stuff, much more to come... So as someone who is not really into VapCap myself (I have the OG all glass for rare occasions, but sold my OG Omni and TiWoody) or using a torch anymore, I admit I was not very interested in this idea at all and had voted for the desktop before... However seeing how this design has evolved, I do think the current iteration shown above could be a pretty unique and effective vapor creator! Obviously I will be much more interested to use it with an induction heater, I guess I will have to get one of those (probably ispire wand? so I can dab with it too, which is the reason I have been close to buying it already, its intended purpose lol) but the modularity should be pretty fun, while the large surface area, herbal chamber, and super pure materials could mean some great, dense and flavorful vapor quality too!

:bigleaf::buzz::popcorn::spliff:

BakedDiogenes

Aww hell yea!

However, I’m with you, @Shit Snacks, as I’d prefer the desktop in all honesty. My vapcap is rarely used these days, and I’m not a huge concentrate user as my state offers subpar concentrates for exorbitant prices to medical patients ($70-85/g).

BakedDiogenes,

Shit Snacks

Aww hell yea!

However, I’m with you, @Shit Snacks, as I’d prefer the desktop in all honesty. My vapcap is rarely used these days, and I’m not a huge concentrate user as my state offers subpar concentrates for exorbitant prices to medical patients ($70-85/g).

Yeah but my understanding of this device, what makes it more appealing, that it is pure convection with a larger chamber, heating a mass more like a mobile E43 esque?? I don't use these type of things for concentrates anymore now that I have a proper setup (not a frequent thing for me anyway either)

b0

Cloudy...
Curious about how this evolves, not sure if it will be my kind of thing. I like vapcaps to use em during the day and not getting too high or taking them out/traveling, this seems interesting to say the least. With a few ruby balls, heat retention (and vape production) should be pretty crazy

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes @Abysmal Vapor , it was a piece of crap but the heater is the only part I kept from this old vape I got in a bundle in 2014, I use the ceramic heater stuck in a 16mm barrel coil+enail controller for a f** effective DIY herbal vape!

Thank you @Shit Snacks for sharing about the 2XV, did I misunderstood or it might works with a vapCap Cap heated by a torch or a IH? Or Dit it simply use the same idea in a convection form?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Thank you @Shit Snacks for sharing about the 2XV, did I misunderstood or it might works with a vapCap Cap heated by a torch or a IH? Or Dit it simply use the same idea in a convection form?

Always my pleasure to keep FC fully up to date!

You did misunderstand, nothing to do with a vapcap cap, it is more like if the tip was filled with beads and then itself used as the heater, so you see the air intake to the heating chamber is connected to a separate larger material chamber and then connected to different stem options...

A torch can heat the 2XV, but it will probably be best with an induction heater, either way there is no indication when to stop heating, you have to count and sense, I think something like the ispire could be a good option though...? I don't know about actually on the go, but at home at least, I have no experience with any IH yet.

This is more similar in function to Lotus, Flam, Elev8r with rubies beads pearls whatever balls lol but I guess it's pretty novel in this design form factor style and designed to work with induction heaters? I think the next product from the company would be a mod-based IH type of heater as well... If this does well!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I looked at the old thread, did Ryan gave up on the temp indicator (hippie pipe style) ? Also what material is the chamber ? Hope reloading is easy,also it can be used with temp controlled IHs ;)) .

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Always my pleasure to keep FC fully up to date!

You did misunderstand, nothing to do with a vapcap cap, it is more like if the tip was filled with beads and then itself used as the heater, so you see the air intake to the heating chamber is connected to a separate larger material chamber and then connected to different stem options...

A torch can heat the 2XV, but it will probably be best with an induction heater, either way there is no indication when to stop heating, you have to count and sense, I think something like the ispire could be a good option though...? I don't know about actually on the go, but at home at least, I have no experience with any IH yet.

This is more similar in function to Lotus, Flam, Elev8r with rubies beads pearls whatever balls lol but I guess it's pretty novel in this design form factor style and designed to work with induction heaters? I think the next product from the company would be a mod-based IH type of heater as well... If this does well!
Thank you for explanations, yes I misundestood the video, the "tip" chamber contains the quartz beads and herbal chamber is in the bigger conical/cylindrical part so... yes it's interesting.

Shit Snacks

I looked at the old thread, did Ryan gave up on the temp indicator (hippie pipe style) ? Also what material is the chamber ? Hope reloading is easy,also it can be used with temp controlled IHs ;)) .

Yeah there is no indicator, I have not looked into the hippipe much lol I think everything might be stainless steel? Not sure the exact alloy or whatever if anything's final yet... Yeah I think reloading should be fine because the heater will be separate enough, shouldn't be room to grab the chamber lid that connects to the heater to empty your load and reload without touching anything too hot?? Okay so there are temp controlled IH, yeah I think this could be pretty cool...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Seems really interesting.

I wonder if users will miss the conduction aspect provided by a DV.

The mix of conduction and convection is what I like about em. Gives you a different hit imo......

Chicken No Name,
Reactions: LesPlenty

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I have a Hippie, not under the same name, mine is a X4 (the name before rebrand) and LCV sells the Silencio. It's a very conduction unit.

It works well but not as well as a VapCap imho, mainly cause it's longer to heat-up and cause taste may have slightly "burnt accents", I still need to test it with concentrates cause it may works very well for wax&hasch since it tends to be too hot sometimes. Visual indication is a pain to see although I start to get issues to see close things keeping my glasses and I'm slightly color blind.

Last edited:

Allanthia420

Like zoinks man
So after watching the video; I imagine this will pair well with the ispire wand where you can temp control the induction heating on the end there. I'll definitely get one. Sounds cool enough.

Shit Snacks

I would expect balls to add way too much mass for an IH to heat. Even with a big blowtorch they can take some serious energy to get up to temperature. Without 220V, induction heating isn’t really considered that powerful.
Balls or no balls ? It shall be no balls then.

Oh, yeah so apparently the balls will need to be some sort of metal alloy to use properly with induction heater, plan was for stainless steel but apparently the ispired can not heat that, they say they will look into some chrome or nickel plate carbon steel balls to have them sent to @Unklmark68 who has been testing ispire heating among other things, and will be testing the alpha unit...

I am interested. I wonder if they will make it in stainless steel or have a titanium option for the heated part. It does look fun to try out.

I don't think it will be titanium, stainless steel is better typically, more sustainable and probably better retaining the heat for the heater, also better induction heating I think?

Aryeah

Vape Man
Stainless steel will heat slower and retain heat longer. Titanium will heat faster and cool down faster. I just wondered since dyna makes both. and this new vaporizer will work with an IH. I would love to be a beta tester myself, but I think that was already done by email.

Aryeah,

Shit Snacks

Stainless steel will heat slower and retain heat longer. Titanium will heat faster and cool down faster. I just wondered since dyna makes both. and this new vaporizer will work with an IH. I would love to be a beta tester myself, but I think that was already done by email.

Yeah for use as a heating element, steel retaining heat longer is a good thing, slower heat up is a necessary evil, I don't think titanium would be as effective for a heating chamber this way...? Dyna is only using them as herb chambers, the heater is the cap, so it's pretty different...

It is a very limited beta test run, the website is up with the list for this product:
If anyone is interested please fill in the form, these will only be produced if there is enough interest!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Ti does not activate my Wand, 316 S/S will not either, lower grade S/S such as 304 etc will activate it though...also the Wand, is only timed, not true temp control (electronic guessing), the only temp sensors are for the units own safety features as far as I have heard (I am waiting on a K-type 3xribbon surface temp probe to arrive before I confirm this).

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I think I have changed my mind on this idea.

I dont like vapcaps very much. So the idea of something similar did not excite me. I still want Ryan to make something new with his HSA heater, so the zip zap was disappointing for me.

Then the wand came out. I don't have it yet (should be this week). However I was already imaging how I could use steel balls with some glass pieces to DIY a convection vape.
Ryan got there first, and of course it looks like a far better job than I could DIY. I think one of the things I don't like about vapcap is the amount of conduction involved. As the vx2 is convection maybe I will like it more. If Ryan manages to pull this off it could be very cool.

I assume the balls in the heater are metal? Wonder if you could replace the balls with SS mesh? (HSA style).

One thing I am concerned about is lack of temperature indicator. Could be a steep learning curve.

I went to register my interest on the website. However I am not sure it's working properly. I put in my email, put in the captcha code then nothing.

Shit Snacks

Nice feedback, they should see it here!

Ryan saw that the Wand only works on the tip and not the stainless cap so he says Unklmark is testing low grade stainless... 440C grade which might work and if not they will be trying nickel plated carbon steel which will def work with the Wand... Says Dave is getting the other unit that is in the mail so they will see how a Fluxer IH works, but he has tested it and it does heat the vapcap tips, both stainless and titanium...

Since the Wand was made to use with the concentrate cup that comes with it, and the metal is probably plated carbon steel, it heats with less power. Same with the vapcap cap being plated carbon steel. This explains why the Wand will heat a vapcap but will probably not heat a 2XV, but they will see by the end of next week if it can!

Top Bottom