NimChimpsky

I also have never been a big fan of vapcap... but with the large bowl, high airflow, and full convection the 2XV might just change all the things I don't like about it while retaining the things I do (very simple, portable, durable, customizable with huge stem/accessory aftermarket). Really looking forward to this! I signed up to the mail list but yea received no confirmation and didn't see a sign up list for the 2XV. I'm sure they will get with us once closer to production though.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Ryan saw that the Wand only works on the tip and not the stainless cap
None of my Ti VC's will activate the Wand and my 2018 M has to be swiped on the inside wall of the IH to activate it, if you just put the S/S M in the centre of the Wand it will not activate. I think it is the metal clicker disc in the caps that activate the Wand easily as far as my testing has gone so far.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
None of my Ti VC's will activate the Wand and my 2018 M has to be swiped on the inside wall of the IH to activate it, if you just put the S/S M in the centre of the Wand it will not activate. I think it is the metal clicker disc in the caps that activate the Wand easily as far as my testing has gone so far.

Yeah must be the reverse of what I wrote there lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Farid

Yeah for use as a heating element, steel retaining heat longer is a good thing, slower heat up is a necessary evil, I don't think titanium would be as effective for a heating chamber this way...? Dyna is only using them as herb chambers, the heater is the cap, so it's pretty different...

The DV's herb chamber is the heater just as much as the cap is, in the sense that heat is conducted from the cap into the tip.

With this design are you supposed to inhale while heating? Because if not I agree that stainless would be a better option. But if you do heat while inhaling I think TI could possibly work just as well or possibly even better.

Shit Snacks

The DV's herb chamber is the heater just as much as the cap is, in the sense that heat is conducted from the cap into the tip.

With this design are you supposed to inhale while heating? Because if not I agree that stainless would be a better option. But if you do heat while inhaling I think TI could possibly work just as well or possibly even better.

Good point! Yeah I don't think you inhale while you are heating here, though the testers may be trying that a bit too?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Farid

Farid

With a long enough stem that should be possible. With a short stem I'd be afraid of setting my moustache on fire using a torch while hitting it.

I'm curious how the wider bowl turns out. I'd be afraid of the air evenly distributing with a wider bowl than heater.

Shit Snacks

Well it seems the testing of the 2XV prototype is still progressing, tricky business: the ammount of mass needs to be reduced and the efficiency needs to be improved aka big redesign... So the product will now take a back seat to the 5CH heater:

Alright looks like this project will actually precede the 2XV, which is still in development, provide feedback here or on Instagram:

From the makers:
"So the 2XV will catch a back seat to some technology that Ryan's been incubating since early 2019... a 510 vapcap heater ... many have tried the 510 conduction heater with limited success as it is a challenge to do it quickly with a reasonable wattage.... He believes he found a simple yet elegant solution, that balances some physics in the head of a pin, but achieves better than a 15 second initial heat-up with sub 10 second subsequent heat-ups at sub 50 watts... seems like competitive numbers compared to the induction heaters today.

Please answer the following questions for development of the 5CH.... teaser image below.....

1. What are the top 3 things that you would want a 510 VapCap heater to do / be?

2. Given the assumption of around a 10 second heat-up time and decent battery life, what would be a fair MSRP for the base model? and what would you expect to pay for a unit with a stabilized wood surround?

3. Given that this has been tried before, is there a reason that this product would not sell or what detractors will folks have with it (why does this idea suck)?

Screenshot-20211026-133549.png

^from the new thread for it, here:

Shit Snacks,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
The troll of all trolls gets another warning point for calling members trolls.
Ton of learning from this exercise for sure and might fresh a design but will now work to optimize it for the 5CH the 510 vapcap heater that is in development.... new positive productive happy troll tree forum coming soon to herbaltherm.com .... ya know, to balance this here troll cave :)

PSA - The Universe loves you!

Vapor Dude

The RastaBuddhaTao is back and creating. This makes my day! It looks like he has some expert machined components too.
Ryan has perfected form factors in wood and glass. He provided world class on demand high production herbal extraction methods. Based
on what some members say about the DynaVap, I have no interest in hitting after heating the metal tube. I want big clouds of
excellent quality sweet vaper instantly. What can I say, RBT vapes rock forever.

Given that, what would be cool is a high flow glass or metal flared flame intake on the heater end that screws into the bowl component with a 14mm mouth piece that can be used in a water pipe. That and a torch lighter and your good to go. It does not exist, but I can dream.

I really want to buy anything HerbalTherm makes. This change in form factor is exciting and what the herbal vape market needs now.
Artisan vapes may change but the quality still remains.

Top Bottom