Discontinued herbalAire

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
So I got a couple of concentrate crucibles to try out that are going to be released soon. One is a triple screen crucible that has the three screens near the top. You put your concentrate on the screen and watch it melt into the metal matrix...then hit it until done. I tried this and thought it worked pretty well. There is also a bottom screen, so if you wanted to put some dry herbs in the bottom and some concentrate on top, you could!

Then I got the second one which is a crucible with a bottom screen and a top screen, with a bunch of glass beads in the middle. You heat up the unit with the crucible in it, then add your concentrate and watch it melt in. wait a minute and hit. I thought this worked pretty well, too.

Then I was directed to use the beaded one with the pump and bags. mind blown!! it seems to make endless bags as the concentrate just gets thinner and thinner over an amazing amount of surface area. I ended up stopping after four bags and I had just started to detect some thinning. I'll continue that same crucible later tonight for a nightcap. this beaded setup with the HA bags is by far my favorite setup for concentrates (not dabbing). So what is already a great, versatile and unique vape just got more so!

I've been told they will be available in August, but that they will take orders from fc members for early release crucibles if you contact them directly. I recommend them for anyone who likes to vape their concentrates at flower temps, or for the vaporist who only occasionally gets a hold of concentrates and would like to be able to enjoy them without getting a full on dab rig.

I'll be interested to try the new ones, I've had some leakage with the current ones.

I think when it gets too dirty wax goes through the screens. For me some wax got under the crucible and stuck it to the inside of the ha. I heated it up upside down until the crucible fell out and used a qtip to iso the wax out of the ha upside down and iso'ed the crucible in their tube. Over a couple of weeks this happened for a third time. The third time though there was a bunch of wax and resin coming out of the air intake on the back. I used a qtip to clean out that and the part where you put the crucible. It's worked fine ever since, but I've stopped doing concentrates in it. I'm worried about getting more in there and I haven't looked at if I can open it up and clean it. I'm worried my lazy negligence will lead to it getting broken. Normally that only breaks the $10 atomizer on my wax pen and not my $300 ha.

How often are you guys cleaning your concentrate crucibles? Also does it matter if you put in the wax before you heat it up. Do you think while the ha is heating it it is more prone to leak?

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: 421

stickstones

Vapor concierge
How are you getting the concentrate all the way to the inlet?

I was told to heat the unit up with the crucible in it. Then add the dab, wait a minute to let it melt down and enjoy.

stickstones,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
How are you getting the concentrate all the way to the inlet?

I was told to heat the unit up with the crucible in it. Then add the dab, wait a minute to let it melt down and enjoy.

I was putting the wax and crucible in before turning it on. Maybe that was part of the problem, too much time sitting in there heating up.

StormyPinkness,

mrupton

I'm absolutely loving this thing. Feels nice to make the switch to vaping :)

Special thanks to this guy who helped pick out everything but the Big piece in this picture! Literally helped me for weeks His profile link

:mmmm:
cnd9MTt.jpg

sadf

I received my Hebalaire a week or so ago and have thus far been happy with it; weed comes out perfectly evenly baked a medium brown (I can get darker with my VG glass and Hammer, but not as consistently) and operation is dead simple. Thus far I've found that grinding makes a difference in the first puff but quickly tapers off due to stronger pulls on the unit sucking the weed up to the top of the chamber away from the heating element.

It's a solid vape, more powerful than my Solo and more consistent than my Hammer, and as someone who's not into glass I'm enjoying it.

Any usage tips? Pump's still in the box as I'm not into bags...

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Sadf:

I agree with what @stickstones said above.

In addition, I'd suggest adding a fine screen on top of the load in the crucible to keep it in place better, to make changing the crucible out easier, and to help minimize the amount of particulates being released.

Other than that, experiment away with the HA, overall, it's the most versatile vape out there, pretty much bomb-proof, and so easy to use. In addition to grinding, try small nugs, large dense pieces, and even compress them as much as you want in the crucible, it doesn't matter with the HA. I tried to plug the dam thing and couldn't. Some people even ditched the crucible and just jam their herb into the core, the HA doesn't seem to care.

Part of the fun with a "new" vape is the experimenting/testing that you can do, and with the HA, the possibilities are almost endless. I've had my original 2.1 for over 7 yrs now, and have tried to use it in every possible way I could think of...

Enjoy!

Last edited:

The Stranger

Account Closed
I started using my h2.2 with only the whip but now don't really like it much.

I prefer to use direct draw also. Rarely if I'm turning the heat up to 350-355 I'll throw on the whip because the throat tickle is a little much and I can't take as long of hits as I like.

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
... I prefer to use direct draw also. Rarely if I'm turning the heat up to 350-355 I'll throw on the whip because the throat tickle is a little much and I can't take as long of hits as I like.
I keep it at 375 but start before it gets there. Take mostly sippy hits with an extension in the mouthpiece. One of my lung lobes was removed in 2010 so don't do very long hits.

Taproots

I've been using the herbalaire for a few months now- I originally got it because my SSV while excellent wasn't doing great with large groups of people who weren't familiar with it, people would constantly cough into the hose or talk or other silly things like that- resulting in a lot of cleanup after every session.

The herbalaire works very effectively and is basically autopilot mode. Now I'm just tweaking the different modes to get it to work great in all of them. Simulating an espresso pack using the Vaporbros screens seems to improve the bags a ton, plus I've switched to larger volcano bags for less frequent changes- with that setup I can microdose 0.1 grams into a couple bags (3 feet long) and get really good results.

I Still need to cut one of my extra crucibles down to accomodate the TONG (I've used it without but I'd prefer it with VB screens. Plus, I eventually want to get tubing that fits around the stock mouthpiece so I can again experiment with dense espresso pack plus whip (which I like a lot in most vapes).

It's great to have a potent easily transported desktop that anyone can use and really can't be broken.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've always been happy with the whip that came with it and use that 99% of the time. My HA pretty much lives in one place and I have a little hook thing I can use to hang it by my face so I can go hands free when I'm gaming. I like the better taste of direct draw (especially with concentrates) but love the laziness of the the whip. Somehow in over 5 years I still haven't used a bag with it.

The Stranger

Account Closed
Hahaha I love that idea of hands free whippin' when gaming!

I'm taking that idea for sure. And I don't think I'd have ever used a bag except some buddies wanted to try them out one night.

They're just so damn loud. Constant loudness. Like someone is slowly and "quietly" opening up their bag of candy in a movie theatre.

Bags just aren't my thing either. :p

The Stranger

Account Closed
Lately I've been enjoying my nano almost exclusively and the herbalaire has been sitting around unused. Well I'm going on a trip half way across the country and what better way to make a long trip more tolerable other than smoking vaping! Should I bring my nano? Nah, too much fiddling, the herbalaire!

Yesterday I had to make a 40 mile drive to a buddies and help him out with something. I figured I'd try using it in the car as a practice run. I grabbed it, pre filled the crucible a bit, grabbed a little extra for the drive home, grabbed the whip (I grabbed the hose that is used for the air pump on accident , oops) and threw it all in a little burlap sack I had laying around that even sinched up and held it all perfectly.

So off to Walmart for a power inverter. They're all sold out, back across the highway to Autozone (but first a quick stop for iced coffee :love:). They're all sold out also. (Did every motherfucker around here just get this idea too??) Well now I'm going to be late anyway and I have my heart set on doing this, so all the way back into town to Radioshack, they have one more left. 30 bucks for 100 watt -- straight ripoff -- Walmarts would have been 15 bucks for 150 watt but that's what I get for being in need of it.

Anyway, plug it in and I'm off. I kept the herbalaire to my left, wedged between the door frame and the seat with the power cord going under my legs and plugged into the center console. This put the whip at a super easy spot to grab.

I didn't think it was going to work at first because it felt like it took at least triple the time for it to get to temperature. I started at only 320 and it took probably 6,7,8 minutes. And the white direct draw part kept popping off until it got hot enough and expanded but that was kind of a hassle.

But once it was going, it was going! There was no stopping me. Driving down the highway on cruise control sipping on the whip with one hand and when I'm done, sipping on an iced coffee with the other. I honestly haven't felt so high in a long time, especially on the way back :whoa:.

I keep telling myself I am going to sell this thing to make some extra change and because I don't think I need three vapes but shit, it always comes through! And maybe it'll be my road trip vape.

Sorry for such the long post but I'm just sitting here with my morning coffee and typing away. Plus it was a really fun way to use it. I would never do it in town, but for longer road trips it is now a must!

Last edited:

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Hey, I have also have been testing out the new concentrate crucibles, how do you find they compare to dabbing effects wise?

I received my Hebalaire a week or so ago and have thus far been happy with it; weed comes out perfectly evenly baked a medium brown (I can get darker with my VG glass and Hammer, but not as consistently) and operation is dead simple. Thus far I've found that grinding makes a difference in the first puff but quickly tapers off due to stronger pulls on the unit sucking the weed up to the top of the chamber away from the heating element.

It's a solid vape, more powerful than my Solo and more consistent than my Hammer, and as someone who's not into glass I'm enjoying it.

Any usage tips? Pump's still in the box as I'm not into bags...

As another member said, get out the pump and try the bags. The pump is truly where the extreme functionality is effects wise.

What I suggest to counter your problem with the herb getting sucked up away from the heating element is to push the screen in the crucible midway through the shaft and load it upside down in the herbal aire. If you have an Elite unit, then you have the load the crucible right side up, but pack the herb underneath the screen. This will hold it down on the heating element and ensure you get consistently dense bags from the first bag onwards.

let me know if this helps, everyone I have suggested it to has liked the idea.

I'll be interested to try the new ones, I've had some leakage with the current ones.

I think when it gets too dirty wax goes through the screens. For me some wax got under the crucible and stuck it to the inside of the ha. I heated it up upside down until the crucible fell out and used a qtip to iso the wax out of the ha upside down and iso'ed the crucible in their tube. Over a couple of weeks this happened for a third time. The third time though there was a bunch of wax and resin coming out of the air intake on the back. I used a qtip to clean out that and the part where you put the crucible. It's worked fine ever since, but I've stopped doing concentrates in it. I'm worried about getting more in there and I haven't looked at if I can open it up and clean it. I'm worried my lazy negligence will lead to it getting broken. Normally that only breaks the $10 atomizer on my wax pen and not my $300 ha.

How often are you guys cleaning your concentrate crucibles? Also does it matter if you put in the wax before you heat it up. Do you think while the ha is heating it it is more prone to leak?

I as well had a leakage issue with both crucibles. The glass beaded ones and the one with the screens. I tested it with varying amounts and had the same issue.

I ran my unit upside down as well to try to drip out whatever leaked in and it seemed to be good to go. I just swabbed it with iso as well and she is ready for more testing.

How many testers are there in this forum? I am totally new, I have lurked for a few years here, but never created an account until now when I have been testing the new concentrate crucibles.

If anyone is interested, I have written a review of the Herbal Aire H2.2 with High Output Kit.

I also included some usage tips that will get any new user or existing user pumping thick tasty bags in no time. I'm curious who uses the same technique.

http://reviews.nuggetry.com/glass/herbal-aire-vaporizer-with-high-output-kit-m1ke

I also created a Reddit Sub http://www.reddit.com/r/herbalaire for those who want to post about their experiences. I think it would be a great resource to let people know how effective this device actually is. So many years later and it is still one of the most, if not the most powerful vaporizer out there - IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
low temp concentrate vaping doesn't come close to dabbing, imo. There's nothing like that potent, quick punch to the face.

That's pretty much what I have found. However I did find it gave me pleasant effects. Sort of how a joint is compared to a bong hit. It was the joint whereas the nail is the bong.

I want to experiment more and see how effective I can actually get it to be. So far it produces amazingly thick bags one after the other, but you definitely don't get the rush you get when you take it all in one hit.

I am on the fence about whether or not it is worthwhile to put my concentrates in there.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
the joint/bong is a good analogy! I think if you want to consume your concentrates in a more relaxed way, then it is great. It's also probably more efficient than dabbing, as you are forced to take your time and dose up and, if you use small amounts, you will probably get hammered before you have consumed much.

Tommy10

Dense milky bags you say? This may have to be my next purchase! Sad thing is I actually used this once but took no notice, only used bags was fun enough not particularly milky but maybe the driver had it wrong, low temp or fast fan or something.

Tommy10,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Dense milky bags you say? This may have to be my next purchase! Sad thing is I actually used this once but took no notice, only used bags was fun enough not particularly milky but maybe the driver had it wrong, low temp or fast fan or something.

Check out the review I posted in resources. It goes into a how to use guide as well which will help you get those milky bags you are looking for:

http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/herbal-aire-h2-2-review-with-high-output-kit.6/

Taproots

Hey Mikek9, I had read your review a few months ago- it was a major contributer to me getting an HA.

When you are getting bags like that how much material are you using? Does .1 get you a single thick bag or is there a minimum amount you have to load to get the sorta experience you are describing?

Second Question is, would packing tight and holding material down in the upright crucible with vaporbrothers screens get an analogous result to your upside down method or do you think direct contact with the bottom of the heating block is necessary?

Taproots,
Reactions: mikek9

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Hey Mikek9, I had read your review a few months ago- it was a major contributer to me getting an HA.

When you are getting bags like that how much material are you using? Does .1 get you a single thick bag or is there a minimum amount you have to load to get the sorta experience you are describing?

Second Question is, would packing tight and holding material down in the upright crucible with vaporbrothers screens get an analogous result to your upside down method or do you think direct contact with the bottom of the heating block is necessary?

That's awesome that my review was helpful for you. For the experience I am describing I would say I would be loading a 0.15-0.20 in there to start. It really depends on the potency of the material that is going in there. With something really high in resin concentration you could get by with a 0.10.

A 0.10-0.15 would get you about 1 thick bag and a 0.20 should get you about 2 satisfying bags.

In regards to the vapor brothers unit, from my experience it is best to keep the material as close to the heat entry point as possible for the most consistent results. I am not sure if I am answering your question correctly though. Let me know if you have anymore questions either by a reply or a PM.

Just wanted to chime in and recommend these VB ceramic discs for use in the HA again :) :) :) They fit very well and give an awesome heat profile to the HA.

It's a good and easy way to get a sort of "ceramic cruc" for use with the TonG. The way I use it recently is to put one disc on the bottom, then weed, then 3 or 4 discs on top to keep it all in place and secure.

Another good way is use a nano basket screen on bottom, then disc, load, and disc. But the other method is easier, don't have to futz around with lining up the basket screen in the chamber and getting the disc to sit on it right.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Hey whats up guys its been a minute, I relapsed into combustion but just moved to a new apartment where I must go back to the vapelife. I totally forgot which tubing the HA uses, anybody that knows it off the top of they head please let me know I need to order some new tubing asap. Thanks :)

Live-N-Learn,
Top Bottom