Discontinued herbalAire

The HA can indeed use ABV from other vapes to produce thick, dense, not even offensive tasting bags. Even when starting out at 355ish they don't look bad. Move the temps up and you get really great before-bed bags.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: MG23

T.H SEE

i am seriously considering getting a herbalaire directly from the maker, free international shipping and a 3yr warranty, i think I've found my winner.

does the device itself produce much identifiable 'cannabis' smell? (I'm not talking about the exhaled vapor just the machine)

can i use my own bags?

but yeah this looks pretty good, its basically doing the job of the volcano but without all the hype and huge price tag. am i wrong or is that about right?

T.H SEE,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think the smell will be largely temperature dependent as well (higher temps tend to make it smellier)

But as a whole, vaping smells WAY less than smoking and dissappates MUCH quicker as well. Whatever vape you ultimately decide on, I think you will have made a better choice :)

AGBeer,

T.H SEE

i was wondering with the herbalaire, it says you can pack your smoking material in and that you don't need to grind it, however i get my herbal meds free from a guy who runs a compassion club. its usually potent stuff that is good quality just broken buds and stuff that his customers wouldn't consider top notch so he wont sell them.

i also get a lot of shake type stuff from his bags. its always very dry and i have a lot that is almost powder in some places as if it ground and that makes up a good portion of my smoke supply, i could get some kind of inert herb to pack it in with but, if i put fine powdery herbs in this, will it do any harm? will it fall into the machine anywhere through any holes or anything like that?

hope this isn't a dumb question i just saw holes in some parts of the HA when i saw a video of the inside and with them saying to use packed in herbs it got me wondering.
:peace: peace and happy vapping :peace:

T.H SEE,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
T.H SEE said:
i was wondering with the herbalaire, it says you can pack your smoking material in and that you don't need to grind it, however i get my herbal meds free from a guy who runs a compassion club. its usually potent stuff that is good quality just broken buds and stuff that his customers wouldn't consider top notch so he wont sell them.

i also get a lot of shake type stuff from his bags. its always very dry and i have a lot that is almost powder in some places as if it ground and that makes up a good portion of my smoke supply, i could get some kind of inert herb to pack it in with but, if i put fine powdery herbs in this, will it do any harm? will it fall into the machine anywhere through any holes or anything like that?

hope this isn't a dumb question i just saw holes in some parts of the HA when i saw a video of the inside and with them saying to use packed in herbs it got me wondering.
:peace: peace and happy vapping :peace:

Powdery or grinded herbs are fine in the crucible. The less powdery stuff should be put on the bottom though. When I use grinded material I just add an extra screen on top. If your stuff is extremely powdery you should probably double up the screen on the bottom as well. Usually anything powdery will seize up when it gets heated up anyways.

Skunkypete,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi T.H SEE,

I haven't seen this video showing what's inside, please post a link if you can find it again.

:peace:

Egzoset,

T.H SEE

sorry egzoset, i have watched so many random you tube videos that i don't know where i saw it now.

however i did see the photo of the HA from the top here http://www.herbalaire.com/scientific.htm and i saw the holes that allow the air to permeate the herb, and i have such fine herb that i got a little worried about it getting inside the device. but i think most of my herb is OK for going in the HA, I'll just put some tobacco at the bottom when i get to my 'bottom of the bag' powdery stuff.

For a while i didn't 'get' how the HA works internally and i got a little confused about it.

I've seen enough of the right videos to know what i needed to know now, i have to understand exactly what the product I'm buying does otherwise i can't trust it. I had to just look at you tube videos to deduce that though, what would be great on the HA website are diagrams of exactly how the HA works internally. They say its a scientific grade device, I'm sure any scientists looking to buy this would want to see a diagram of its internal workings too.

Anyhow in conclusion I'm getting the HA, its not much more than DA Buddha in my country, it's half the price of the volcano and does the same thing and while the woodeez looks very good and is cheaper i am a control freak and i want to alter the temperature :lol:

T.H SEE,

max

Out to lunch
T.H SEE said:
will it fall into the machine anywhere through any holes or anything like that?
The inlet holes in the bowl/heating chamber are quite small, so only tiny particles can get through. The bigger problem with using ground herb is that it gets sucked up through the main mouthpiece screen. Even if you use only chunks in the bowl, the main mouthpiece screen requires regular cleaning. The few times I've had to use ground bud in this model, I've added one or two screens to the top part of the crucible. For powder, adding a bottom screen, as sp suggested, is a good idea.

max,

T.H SEE

thanks max, does the HA come with enough screens to do this? (i don't see screens listed on the contents) if not what size should i get? i want to have everything i need for the HA so i can get straight to vaporizing. sorry for all the questions guys, that's pretty much the last question i have about the HA though.

T.H SEE,

stinac

T.H SEE said:
thanks max, does the HA come with enough screens to do this? (i don't see screens listed on the contents) if not what size should i get? i want to have everything i need for the HA so i can get straight to vaporizing. sorry for all the questions guys, that's pretty much the last question i have about the HA though.

I use dbv screen, just cut it with scissors, but I placed it on the main mouthpiece.
in that way you can forget on it, screen is always here. I added 2 screen on the mouthpiece and 1 on the bottom of the crucible, because I use fine grounded bud. this is the most efficient way

stinac,

max

Out to lunch
T.H SEE said:
the HA come with enough screens to do this? (i don't see screens listed on the contents) if not what size should i get?
My purchase was years ago, but I got one screen per crucible. They're just typical 5/8" screens. The teflon mouthpiece does come with 2 extra screens now, I've noticed.

I added 2 screen on the mouthpiece and 1 on the bottom of the crucible, because I use fine grounded bud. this is the most efficient way
Whatever works for you. For me, it's always been easier to add a screen to the crucible, since I mostly use pieces instead of ground. Since the teflon mouthpiece is the part that needs cleaning, I think adding more screens would complicate that process. But that method would be easier if you used ground weed all the time. As for this vape being any more efficient by using ground vs. broken off pieces, not so. Maybe if you crammed the crucible full of bricked weed, but I wouldn't advise that, even if you're loading for multiple users. It's better just to take out the vaped crucible and reload, or drop in a fresh crucible.

T.H SEE said:
i want to have everything i need for the HA so i can get straight to vaporizing.
Get the HA from the seller of your choice, but they may not have any extras available. You can get extra stuff straight from http://herbalaire.com/shop.htm. They ship overseas. I'd get extra crucibles (they're fragile-step on one and it's a pancake) and an extra teflon mouthpiece. You can use any oven bag, Volcano bags, etc., but HA's bag kit will give you extra clamps. I always liked to have different size bags, to fit the occasion.

max,
I can say with relative certainty that ground up material in the crucible gives denser, better vape-bong hits than the equivalent amount in whole form at the same temp. Your mileage may vary.

"Better" in this case equates almost entirely to "denser" and "tastier."

charliedontsurf,

max

Out to lunch
For direct draw, I don't doubt that ground provides thicker hits. You'd definitely get more exposed per hit with ground. I should have specified that it doesn't matter for bag fill, since that's a much longer process. I've never liked the herbalAire for direct draw, so it didn't occur to me to differentiate. I'll have to watch that in the future.

max,

stinac

max said:
For direct draw, I don't doubt that ground provides thicker hits. You'd definitely get more exposed per hit with ground. I should have specified that it doesn't matter for bag fill, since that's a much longer process. I've never liked the herbalAire for direct draw, so it didn't occur to me to differentiate. I'll have to watch that in the future.

I don't agree. ground bud is always better choice .
maybe you use 2m long bag, in that case it is the same

stinac,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i think another advantage to grinding is that you are able to collect kief. which is always nice to add to some abv, (or anything else really) to give it a bit of an extra kick.

i know people may say that you are decreasing the potency of your meds by using a 4 piece grinder, especially since the HA can vape whole buds effectively, however, the simple solution is to add a few more flakes of fresh meds to compensate for the reduced kief. i have never really been able to differentiate the between the experiences i had when i grinded and used whole meds. both times i was :ko: therefore, in the end i would rather grind and have the option of using kief however i want.

part of the attraction of vaping is the ability to reuse and reclaim everything the plant has to offer. i prefer to do the majority of it in the 'inhaling' stages, as compared to making cannabutter and reclaiming any residual goodness through the 'ingesting' stages.

notmyrealUSERname,
Maybe I'm not the first to notice, but the Herbalaire and the Vapolution (both versions) have identical temp adjustment knobs.

charliedontsurf,

max

Out to lunch
stinac said:
max said:

With bags, no matter what size, I've found, without exception, that a piece gets vaped just as well as ground. I've found a lot of agreement with that through the years as well. If you don't find that to be the case, IMO you're either packing the bowl way too full with pieces, or there's something wrong with your particular unit (or your temp is set quite low). This vape was specifically designed to be used with pieces of herb instead of ground.

charliedontsurf said:
Maybe I'm not the first to notice, but the Herbalaire and the Vapolution (both versions) have identical temp adjustment knobs.
Maybe now, but both of my units are years old, and the Vapo knob is considerably larger than the HA knob.

max,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
max, do you have the old pump? that might make a difference.
i've also found that i get much thicker bags with at least roughly ground material

rabblerouser,

max

Out to lunch
I have the original (slow) pump. A stronger pump, moving the air faster through the bowl, could definitely make a difference. Seems like my experience with this model is getting out of date. :/

max,

stinac

max said:
I have the original (slow) pump. A stronger pump, moving the air faster through the bowl, could definitely make a difference. Seems like my experience with this model is getting out of date. :/

yes, this vape is getting out of date, so i updated it with high output bag adjustable pump, zephyr valve system and pair of wireless 220v sockets :D
it is perfect that way, best setup ever for me
so tasty bags, dam

T.H SEE

Thanks a lot guys for your words of wisdom and assistance. :peace:

i finally pulled my finger out and bought a HA 2.1, the warranty is held directly with HA so I'm guaranteed to be safe with that. The guy also sells spare crucibles and screens (normal finer meshed screens that i will cut to size).

i ordered the HA today and it's coming Tomorrow! Its free shipping, the same as dealing with HA directly but it isn't going to take a long time internationally and he's also thrown in a grinder and a tight-vac herbal storage tub thing.
its always nice to get extras.

I feel like a child with a new toy...it's like Christmas! I think i've gotten a good deal for next day in the UK as most UK suppliers charge 180, 200 and sometimes 225 for the HA but I'm still getting it at the HA price but 5 extra, which pays for the tightvac and grinder so, everything's cool (i bet this guy is over run with grinders and tight vacs that he needs to get rid of though).

This guy seems to have universal top ratings too and has been very helpful, its also a company with a physical address 'just in case', but everyone else has gotten their vapes fast and without any funny business.

Happy vappying folks :D

T.H SEE,

T.H SEE

got it today. set it up in whip mode and put a Lil bud in it, looking at the screens i don't think my herbs will fall through. looking at all the pieces and construction the whole thing feels high quality. thanks for the advice guys.

T.H SEE,

OO

Technical Skeptical
stinac said:
max said:

i disagree, you didn't include your reasoning.
rabblerouser said:
max, do you have the old pump? that might make a difference.
i've also found that i get much thicker bags with at least roughly ground material
why don't you do an experiment with two bowls of the same mass, one ground, and one solid?

i think you'll find that mass is the dependent variable.

OO,

Egzoset

Banned
My brief HA review...

I think the HerbalAire vaporizer has been around for quite a while, in fact it was advertised in various ways before. For example, some resellers went as far as to include a spearmint leaf in the package for a reduced price tag of 170$ or so - but THAT'S NOT the "suggested" presentation authorized by HerbalAire it seems...

Apparently, mine is a H2.0 although it came directly from HerbalAire who was currently selling the H2.1 at the moment of my order (no spearmint but i got an extra bag connector/mouthpiece - like those in black, which proved useful). The whole transaction required no more than 9 days (from Canada Post printing my 261.45$ CAD Postal Money Order to HerbalAire's parcel being delivered at my door).

It went discretely, wrapped in two sheets of brown opaque paper (for privacy). The parcel was marked Expeditor is "herbalaire ltd.", weight is 1,3 Kg . This picture doesn't depict that well but the original packaging has a "sober & healthy" look to it anyway.

There were unexpected surprises with that product. My unit's clear plastic window (located beneath the base) showed some deep scratch on it when i unpacked but what really bothered me most was the smell: in its shipped state that HerbalAire had a strong smell which i associated to the pump and/or the corresponding PVC tubing (marked Kuri Tec Klearon K010 by Kuriyama 3/16" I. D. x 5/16" O. D. 70 F Non-Toxic PVC NSF-51 Canada K090302 00:36 )... I tried taking the pump and tubing out of the vapor path using a negative pressure (vacuum) concept but in the end the best cure for such new PVC smell was still to just vaporize cannabis. There were no other markings found on the pump, whatsoever.

The HerbalAire clearly has simplicity in mind but i find that shouldn't be pushed to the limit, like with that pair of stappled two-sided sheets HerbalAire refers to as the "Operating Manual", or that economically convenient shortcut they called "Bag Clamps" (with no valve system)... In practice i'd sure forget about having a real manual/clamps if the tri-colour LED indicator system could just display "amber" transitions as obvious different states, that's all.

Last but not least, think of spare parts: the PVC tubing, the delicate/fragile aluminium crucible and the sturdy teflon top connector (main mouthpiece) will all require maintenance after some time, especially the later item as i suspect its screen tends to get clogged fast.

:peace:

[h]ADDENDUM[/h]

Finally it's a H2.1! This video misled me because of its title: i thought i recognized my pump so i went to the conclusion that i got the older version...

VAPORIZA HERBALAIR 2.0 THE BEST THING FOR THE MONEY.

...but a verification with HerbalAire's web site refers to this pump as H2.1:

...and the one i actually received is shown here, in another FC post:

:D

Egzoset,
Top Bottom