Herb Grinders

biohacker

That's so amazing to hear, simply because i've been forced to use "crank" style grinders for this very reason. I get bad tendonitis when they start to get gummed, and that would occur extremely rapidly for me so i'd have to clean them all the time. This includes Space Case, SCS, Sharpstone, etc. I also like that the size of the SLX is better for my hands than many of these 2.2" grinders like the Kannastor, however the Kannastor Gr8tr jar body style seems long enough to not matter.

I think having both is the best of all worlds, although now I see that SCS has the large size 3 piece, which would make the perfect trifecta in my world!

Just happy to drop this shitty crank style.....i've come a long way from the Coffee Grinder which I used to think nothing could beat! Ha!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I thought you said a SLX 3 piece & I nearly purchased a new grinder "downgrade"! If you have poor grip the SLX may be a little short for you to get great grip on but will shred 1.5g easily & quickly.

I just inspected mine & it does have a couple of resin patches like all my other ones do after it has had 10g through it. The difference is I have put at least 100g through it for the same result. I also only noticed it because I looked the performance has not declined.

SLX need to release a 3 piece STAT.

biohacker

My grip strength is off the charts and I have larger hands, so it's the "twisting" action that messes up my wrist tendons, but ONLY if it's difficult to do. Everything you have said sounds like smooth butter so far so I don't think the lower profile will matter much. However, since the Gr8tr comes with 2 grinding plates, i'm going to pull the trigger on that one first and see how it goes.

Damn these grinders are not cheap!

Smelly Dog

@biohacker, the discount code is GR8TR20 for the 20% discount at checkout. The 20% seems to only work on the clear, and solid body GR8TR. They offer 15% discount code for all the other Kannastor grinders, the simpler and smaller GR8TR Vape is also 15% only.

I had a hard time getting the link to pop up the discount code on EZvapes, I had to clear my cookies on my computer and reload the website to get it to pop up again. I thought the deal had expired, luckily it's still up. :)

Last edited:
Smelly Dog,

biohacker

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't have a problem with the code, but being in Canada it's not a great deal for me anyway so i'm purchasing from zoneutopia.... might be cheaper for the U.S. based on our crappy dollar. I think it was the shipping that was the deal breaker from EZ. I'm in no rush anyways, as i'm presently abstaining from vaping for a while due to some health issues.

creationdivine

Did anyone else pre-order "The Clipper" from their Indiegogo campaign?

About a month ago I received an email from them stating, "Indiegogo claims that The Clipper campaign 'contains content that is prohibited by our Terms of Use.' They have removed our campaign from InDemand and limited it’s visibility on the platform."

Curious what the ordeal could be, I received an email a few weeks later with a more in depth explanation:

"We received a notice that in order to avoid future Trademark conflict with an organization, we would have to drop or change the name of "The Clipper"."

Funny I thought, because I suspected the name might have been in conflict with another popular smoking device.

Anyway, I'm really excited to try the thing out after using the same old grinder for years. I wonder what they're going to rebrand it as. My girlfriend likes "The Slicer" :lol:. It's due to be shipped in April though I haven't seen any updates on their website.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
My SLX does not need grinder grease as it is as smooth as butter. Every other grinder I have used benefited from grinder grease but the SLX has never even crossed my mind to grease up.

My matte SCS is like that. I don't think I've ever used grinder grease on it, but it's so smooth. Yesterday I noticed the male edge is pretty well gunked up, but it's just as smooth as ever. I just wish it had a fine screen like the mini.

The grip of the matte SCS is also very nice. It's smooth and grippy at the same time. The knurling grabs nicely. So much better than any glossy-finish grinder I've used.

Wesmac33

MOISVzo.jpg
Loving these two beauties.
Best two grinders I've ever used.
Have Had the space case for a few months and still feels like butter when I grind. Wanted another grinder that could hold more bud and couldn't be happier with the 3 piece SCS.

Tdtour

@creationdivine I did not preorder when it was available a few months ago. But I am waiting to preorder one now when their website is up and running. How much did you pay for the preorder, if ypu do not mind me asking?

I just found out about the formally know as the clipper grinder.

Tdtour,

Smelly Dog

It's down to the SCS 3-piece or GR8TR solid body. Not an easy decision.:mental:

I own a three piece Santa Cruz Shredder, and I just ordered a solid body GR8TR this week. The 3pc SCS works great, I use it bottom side up when grinding for a finer grind. I grind a weeks worth in one shot, I believe the GR8TR will fit more herb inside, and I can grind using the grinder right side up, like how it was intended to be used. The GR8TR also has a kief compartment, this will be my first grinder with one of those.

I have nothing negative to say about SCS, it works very well, I'm going to now use it when my smoking buddies come over, they like a fluffy mediumish grind for rolling joints. The GR8TR will be for my vapes that like finer grind bud.

SpeedDemon4

I just picked up a three piece Kannistor while I wait for my GR8TR to arrive. Let me just say I am in love. It gives a very nice grind is asthetically pleasing. I will probably give my SCS away to someone who needs it. It just doesn't perform the way I want it to, nothing wrong with it I just prefer my Compton and Kannistor. I can't wait for the GR8TR to arrive!

@Bizkat if I were you I would go with the Kannistor hands down. I think you will be much happier.

biohacker

I think the SCS 3 piece is way too coarse of a grind....Kannastor all the way! I didn't know that Kannastor had 3 piece grinders! Is this just through taking out a compartment? I don't actually see 3 piece on their website.

snackmaster

I think the SCS 3 piece is way too coarse of a grind....Kannastor all the way! I didn't know that Kannastor had 3 piece grinders! Is this just through taking out a compartment? I don't actually see 3 piece on their website.

Basically taking out a compartment. I bought a vape gr8tr but then wanted it to catch kief so I bought a 4pc for parts. The 3pc he's talking about is the grinding parts of the 4pc + a storage puck bottom that I posted in the classifieds.

@SpeedDemon4 glad you're pleased with it!

snackmaster,
Reactions: biohacker

SpeedDemon4

@snackmaster i am in love with this thing. The machining is beautiful and it has a great feel to it. The top part of the grinder can feel a little wonky at times when putting it on, but that's just because I am not use to it. I am really enjoying the consistency of the grind as well. I am getting some of the best vapor production out of my VapeXhale then I have ever before. I would take the Kannastor any day over the Compton and SCS. Can't wait for the GR8TR to arrive. Thanks for hooking me up with such a great deal.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Well Hells Fuckin Yeah!

Went to 4 LHS before finding EXACTLY what I was looking for. I found a version of the SCS that falls somewhere between what I originally bought a few years ago and what they offer today.

The teeth shape and teeth pattern are notably different, with smaller teeth in the inner circle of the 2.1" grinder. The pass through holes are a slightly different shape as well but not very different.

The real special part for me is that after casually looking at 5-6 grinders, I wound up with the only 4 piece grinder in the case that still had an old FINE screen.... SCORE! Totally worth the premium to buy in person and with confidence knowing I got the screen I wanted- though I could have saved probably about $15-20 buying online.

The last changes I noted were they have also updated the 4th pollen chamber to concave like the bottom of the 3 piece grinders. No more 90* corners for pollen to get trapped... though it does make using the included pollen scraper a bit challenging without having a flat surface to work against.

...I had been trying but could not hold this purchase till 4/20. Will report more on grind consistency later, but everything should be awesome- spins just as smooth as a SCS should;)

Super fluffy (as anticipated), slightly coarser grind, but not significantly and it may be strain dependent... need more testing.

Last edited:

Smelly Dog

I have to report my dealings with EZvapes and my GR8TR grinder, they called me on my phone to let me know from the beginning to the end on my GR8TR order, that was very nice. They are swamped with Kanastor GR8TR orders and are running a tad bit behind sending them out, the nice dude called me up to tell me this when I placed my order, and he just called me bout 5 minutes ago to say thank you and its being shipped out now. I'll report back when I get my GR8TR and compare the grinds with my 3pc SCS.

SpeedDemon4

I had the same experience, except they sent me an email saying I had to call in order for them to process my order. Once on the phone he said their was no problem processing it, the were just really busy. I have not received an update on shipping yet. I too will keep y'all posted.

Bizkat

I had the same experience, except they sent me an email saying I had to call in order for them to process my order. Once on the phone he said their was no problem processing it, the were just really busy. I have not received an update on shipping yet. I too will keep y'all posted.
I got the email too.

Smelly Dog

I got the email too.

I first got the email, when I didn't respond to the email is when I got the phone call from them. They were very professional, i'm willing to wait for my order, I'm getting a great price for the grinder, if it wasn't for the 20% discount I would not have jump on it.

Top Bottom