Herb Grinders

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I finally got around to getting one, the SLX is a really great grinder!
You can just take the screen section out and reassemble to a 3pc?

I really like mine as it is a beast & the near 50/50 weight distribution makes it easy to use. I tried it a few times without the screen but it is too hard to thread without the basket acting as a guide ridge for the thread.

I looked at so many grinders when I was waiting for the credit on my faulty SC. I considered the following before deciding on the SLX. I had a choice between SC, SCS, Compton, Kannastor & Phoenician grinders & was very close to buying a New Vape 2 piece. Actually someone on here purchased a NV 2 piece but I don't remember who.

MoltenTiger

I really like mine as it is a beast & the near 50/50 weight distribution makes it easy to use. I tried it a few times without the screen but it is too hard to thread without the basket acting as a guide ridge for the thread.

I looked at so many grinders when I was waiting for the credit on my faulty SC. I considered the following before deciding on the SLX. I had a choice between SC, SCS, Compton, Kannastor & Phoenician grinders & was very close to buying a New Vape 2 piece. Actually someone on here purchased a NV 2 piece but I don't remember who.
Yeah so far I'm loving it. It shreds to perfection IMO.
The non stick is pretty great too.

In terms of using it as a 3pc, I don't really find it much different at all to thread back together with/without the basket, but unscrewing it is easily its weakest point anyway (because everything else is near perfect, although the magnet could be a bit stronger).

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the Tips about the EZvapes sale! I just ordered a Gr8tr as my small Ti Space Case has been acting up just this past week. It's been getting dirty faster and the grind has diminished from new if I'm honest.

I've been looking for something bigger like the GR8TR for a while now so this sale lined up perfectly. The modular design and ease of grinding are what attract me most. I'll have to pick up a storage puck from another place.

Here is what has become the Golden standard for a Vape Grinder in my opinion. It is capable of grinding with different consistencies depending on the on the twist direction, the teeth are sharp on one side and kind of flat on the other and tons of other awesome features I'm to stoned to point out. I've had it since Jan. and refused to comment on it until I had tested it for some time. anyway.....

3079Tjo.jpg

SmyejUv.jpg

OemgGco.jpg

uuXoNok.jpg

ARZyJwx.jpg

tefYxQo.jpg

LgVz0hl.jpg

fZqW5i1.jpg

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
I had the same experience, except they sent me an email saying I had to call in order for them to process my order. Once on the phone he said their was no problem processing it, the were just really busy. I have not received an update on shipping yet. I too will keep y'all posted.

Same here. Had to call them today.

Hope this GR8TR is somehow greater than my trusty old SCS Mini. It was too hard to resist grabbing one at the sale price, even though my SCS is nearly perfect in every way.

SpeedDemon4

I received some lovely gifts from Kannastor for posting the review on the Gr8tr I posted awhile back. Thankyou guys, very much appreciated.

Still loving my Gr8tr ;)

Pollen press, Storage puck and a 2pc Pendant grinder.

That is too cool, and some beautiful pieces at that! I wouldn't mind trying a few of those out myself, have to control my spending for now though.

SpeedDemon4,

Reggie Watts

Is there any manufacturer that makes a steel grinder similar to the storz&bickel plastic orange 2 piece? I love the grind consistency but even after just a few days i've noticed the points breaking off and after a short ISO soak the clear plastic lid basically melted to the grinder and the orange turned white-ish all over. I assume a 2 piece SCS would be the next best thing?

I know this is an old-ass post, but I just experienced the same problem with the S&B grinder turning white after an iso bath. Did you ever find a way to get rid of that?

Smelly Dog

Damn. I should have paid attention in chemistry class, lol.

If you want to replace your S&B Volcano grinder, puffitup.com has them, use the discount code puffedup.
http://www.puffitup.com/Volcano-Grinder-p/vol.grind.htm

I found and posted a 20% discount code to EZvapes for GR8TR grinders, these grinders are pretty expensive, with the discount code it brings the price down to Santa Cruz Shredder grinder money. EZvapes will send you a confirmation email that you indeed made an order, and they would like to make sure it was you over the phone so expect a phone call, they are a bit backed up on Kannastor GR8TR grinders, so if you order one through EZvapes expect an email, phone call, and small delay for the grinder, I think it's no problem since it's such a good deal on that specific grinder.

The company: http://www.kannastor.com/

Where I bought mine with 20% discount: http://ezvaporizers.com/kannastor-gr8tr-grinder/prod_1972.html

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
If you want to replace your S&B Volcano grinder, puffitup.com has them, use the discount code puffedup.
http://www.puffitup.com/Volcano-Grinder-p/vol.grind.htm

I found and posted a 20% discount code to EZvapes for GR8TR grinders, these grinders are pretty expensive, with the discount code it brings the price down to Santa Cruz Shredder grinder money. EZvapes will send you a confirmation email that you indeed made an order, and they would like to make sure it was you over the phone so expect a phone call, they are a bit backed up on Kannastor GR8TR grinders, so if you order one through EZvapes expect an email, phone call, and small delay for the grinder, I think it's no problem since it's such a good deal on that specific grinder.

The company: http://www.kannastor.com/

Where I bought mine with 20% discount: http://ezvaporizers.com/kannastor-gr8tr-grinder/prod_1972.html
I just made my call to EZvapes and confirmed my order :D

The sales rep was like "We recently had a sale on these grinders and they were far more popular than we expected". I meant to let him know it's because Word got out on FC about the sale, but the chance never came in conversation hahaha.

Said it would be one week! I'm excited.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I really want to try the fine grind new vape but it is ridiculously expensive ($100 CAD) for a two piece after shipping and exchange to Canadian dollars. I have $50 in store credit at a local head shop so am thinking of picking up a two piece. They carry the Cali Crushers homegrowns so might try it out. I said I was done buying grinders for a while but got the urge to try something new haha.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I really want to try the fine grind new vape but it is ridiculously expensive ($100 CAD) for a two piece after shipping and exchange to Canadian dollars. I have $50 in store credit at a local head shop so am thinking of picking up a two piece. They carry the Cali Crushers homegrowns so might try it out. I said I was done buying grinders for a while but got the urge to try something new haha.

VAS is bad man, get it under control.

I wasn't planning on getting a Mighty, Volcano SV and a GR8TR but yeah... umm it's bad. Suddenly I was having all sorts of issues with my Space Case that I had praised the week before. Perhaps it's just time after 3 years that I get a new grinder as well as something bigger. All I know is that this forum will make you aware of things you needed but didn't realize, (<= this is the VAS talking).

Welp that wasn't what I set out type but it's something. I just hit my mighty so...:whoa:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Question for all the heavy duty users out there

Do you ever try to completely fill the kief tray on your 4 piece grinders and if so how long roughly does it take you??

I am trying to be patient and do this with my small SCS and med SC.

I have had the SCS for at least six months and it is not even half full. I use on average a ounce a month of the highest grade medical herb in my area.

My space case has about the same amount of collection in half the time and less use. Kief is a little bit greener/less fine than SCS.

Will t y to post sid by side photo later today.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Question for all the heavy duty users out there

Do you ever try to completely fill the kief tray on your 4 piece grinders and if so how long roughly does it take you??

I am trying to be patient and do this with my small SCS and med SC.

I have had the SCS for at least six months and it is not even half full. I use on average a ounce a month of the highest grade medical herb in my area.

My space case has about the same amount of collection in half the time and less use. Kief is a little bit greener/less fine than SCS.

Will t y to post sid by side photo later today.
I've found that the screen can clog pretty fast on my small SC, and often the trich heads are too big to fit through the mesh. Instead of falling through they fill the whole screen up efficiently with a head glued into each of the openings. The SC mesh works much better with weed where the trichs are less swollen and the heads can fall through. I'm getting almost nothing from my Pink Kush which is full of resin, yet the strain before it had tons of kief production.

With an ounce or two of dry material with smaller heads, my SC will have 1.5-2mm deep of kief. Some strains rain kief, others hardly produce any at all, luck of the draw.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Glad to see so many NEW kannastor owners. I've been on the train for almost three years. I know what you're thinking; you want a cookie? Yes, girl scout please.
But seriously, I still use my Kannastor grinder EVERYDAY.
This company has been underrated for so many years. They deserve all the new customers. This grinder has NEVER let me down as its the perfect grinder for vaporizing! Yes vaporizing, FUCK COMBUSTION!

:peace:

Last edited:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Cosmic 4pc looks badass the best of both SC and SCS it seems. If I can find a good deal over the 4/20 sales I want to try the 4pce . I have no first hand experience but have only heard great things and should b in the same league as space case and Santa Cruz etc. They are one of the original space case guys who left and started his own brand.

whatitdew,
Reactions: Stevenski
Top Bottom