Herb Grinders

TeddyJackEddy

Songa, not sure you can remove the one section with the screen in a SC grinder and have it still work. See Iwien's post #522. That does work with my CC and MNB grinders though. Good luck.

TeddyJackEddy,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Yeah on my spacecase the logo is engraved on the bottom of the keif plate, i dont have a camera on hand or id take pictures so everyone was 100% clear.

IMO/IME the top of the grinder is the peice that you can pull off that has teeth on it that you spin to grind. *wonders if we are all on the same page* lol

Survivalism,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
songa said:
if im not mistaken...you can turn a 4pc space case into a 3pc grinder, right? just remove the screen compartment? i dont remember exactly....im supposed to have my 4pc titanium space case right now and its been nearly a month since i ordered it...horrible shipping.
it works on my sharpstone

Acolyte of Zinglon,

songa

wait a minute.....are you sure?? cuz i SWEAR i did that with my last titanium space case...AND im pretty sure mine had the engraved logo on the grinding top, not the kief chamber. WTF? are we getting different versions of the SC? i ordered mine from EDIT in late 2008...it got taken away from the cops a couple months ago =( well i have a new titanium SC coming in from gratefulbuys soon, its the same exact one that i had before, so ill see if this one is any different.

also, wat color is your titaniums? mine was like a reddish brown color. almost purple looking sometimes. sometimes i see pictures online taht look like they are totally different colors.

songa,

songa

OK nvm. you guys are right. im pretty sure mine had the logo on the kief chamber as well. HAHA woops. now im starting to question my memory about turning it into a 3pc. altho i swear i did it once...ill have to report back to you when i get mine. Haha

songa,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Ill test that for you tonight songa, i left my grinder over at a friends house but ill check as soon as i can go over their. I for mine from a friend for free, he bought it from a local headshop years ago im pretty sure.

Survivalism,

max

Out to lunch
TeddyJackEddy said:
Songa, not sure you can remove the one section with the screen in a SC grinder and have it still work. See Iwien's post #522. That does work with my CC and MNB grinders though. Good luck.
The screen section IS removable on the 4 pc. Space Case. You can use it as a 3 pc.

max,

lwien

max said:
TeddyJackEddy said:
The screen section IS removable on the 4 pc. Space Case. You can use it as a 3 pc.
Yup, it is. Guess I was a bit wasted when I tried to do it last time. Sometimes, those threads on an SC can be tough to line up sometimes.:uhoh:

Sorry for the confusion Songa. You're memory is fine, at least it is for turning the SC into a 3pc ;)

But I like the idea of just taking off the kief section and turning it upside down for a second run-thru, cause I'm beginning to like collecting that kief.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
lwien said:
So now, I have a 3 step process goin' on. I use the grinder to do an initial grind AND get some kief going on thru the screen to use later. Then I dump some of the ground herb into a shot glass and do a few chops with my scissors............walaaah...........works great. Get my kief AND get finer grind.

The finer grind just allows a richer hit and the 4pc SpaceCase, even the small, just doesn't do it fine enough. Oh well, live and learn.
According to captainhits (gratefulbuys), the small 4 pc. has the standard 5mm holes. Anyone looking for a fine grind with a 4 pc. should consider the 4 pc. Space Case Scout (not to be confused with the 3 pc. Scout). It's a little one, only 1.25" diameter, but he says it has 3mm holes, and that size has made a difference with my small generic 4 pc. The gratefulbuys 15% off for FC members makes his site the best buy AFAIK.

max,

lwien

Question for captainhits,

Just read a post on another site from a SpaceCase owner that says that after some time, he's noticed some of the anodizing coming off on the teeth on his titanium piece. Is this covered on the SC warranty, and if so, does he have to deal with where he bought it, or can he deal with SpaceCase directly.

Have you heard any other reports of this happening?

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
songa said:
just lettin everyone know...looks like MNB is coming out with anew design for the classic single screen:

http://www.mixnball.com/shop/herb-grinders/future-models/classic-screen-v-4.html

says it has a 'new lockong mechanism' hopefully its better magnets that the double and triple screen had!
The $50 price on this new version is disappointing. I don't care what improvements have been made, that's too much for the low end screen grinder in the lineup. Considering the normal $10 shipping, the price ends up at $60. You can get a small 4 pc. Space Case from gratefulbuys.com (with our FC 15% discount) for a buck more. The SC is only .28" smaller. :/

You can get v.3 of the Classic Screen for $27.50 (free shipping) on eBay. That's about where the Classic should be priced IMO.

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I got the Premium Ginder from http://myworld.ebay.com/warehouse-goods-online/ I TOTALY GET FUCK IN THE ASS ....I cant be more desapointed , there is no nylon gasket on the grinder AS DESCRIBE IN THE INTEM DESCRIPTION , also yes this is a 5 piece , with 2 IDENTICAL screen :lol: shit how can you take people for fool like this , also the finish suck and is REALLY RUFF . OH I forgot , magnet is super small AND SUCK !! I cant lift the grinder by the top cause it will open DONT BUY :mad:

after looking more closely to the grinder there is a ''nylon gasket'' about .005 thick , it look like some clear tape :rolleyes:

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Clear_Dome said:
I got the Premium Ginder from http://myworld.ebay.com/warehouse-goods-online/ I TOTALY GET FUCK IN THE ASS ....I cant be more desapointed , there is no nylon gasket on the grinder AS DESCRIBE IN THE INTEM DESCRIPTION , also yes this is a 5 piece , with 2 IDENTICAL screen :lol: shit how can you take people for fool like this , also the finish suck and is REALLY RUFF . OH I forgot , magnet is super small AND SUCK !! I cant lift the grinder by the top cause it will open DONT BUY :mad:

after looking more closely to the grinder there is a ''nylon gasket'' about .005 thick , it look like some clear tape :rolleyes:
Could you tell us which one exactly?

Sorry to hear about this man.... it sounds to me like it wasn't a 'fully CNCd' grinder. It seems you have to really read the fine print on grinders to make sure your getting what you want. Is this the one? I could've told you it was going to suck just by looking at it. No where on it does it say 'Fully CNCd'. :(

Are you interested in getting a good grinder? Have you seen the Cosmic grinders? EitherOr posted earlier on in this thread about his... seems really nice.

SpiralArchitect,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
yep the link you wrote is the one I bought , this is not pure shit , for the price it seem ''ok'' but it is just not as what the seller say . also the teeth are not cnc machined , the teeth are casted , the rest is cnc machined ?! ...also the nylon gasket is ridiculus ?! and both screen look really similar under magnifisence lense (identic IMO to save fee) and finish is really ruff you can see the line of the tool on all surface ?! btw it make a good job , it grind finner than my last grinder and have a way bigger herb room than my last too

Clear_Dome,

eLiguL

I bought a 2.25 Chromium Crusher(newest model that has more teeth) and overall I think it was worth the $25CAD that I paid for it. My only gripe is that the screen chamber walls are entirely too low, ive had herb fall out as I was opening the grinder on more than one occasion.

eLiguL,

max

Out to lunch
eLiguL said:
I bought a 2.25 Chromium Crusher(newest model that has more teeth) and overall I think it was worth the $25CAD that I paid for it. My only gripe is that the screen chamber walls are entirely too low, ive had herb fall out as I was opening the grinder on more than one occasion.

[url]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8385/ssl20162.th.jpg[/url]
The one with lots of teeth isn't the newest model. That would be the aluminum CNC model. It has fewer teeth (which I prefer), but the holes are further apart, which compensates for the many holes in the older model. It also has a deeper collection chamber, which, as you say, is a design problem with the steel/zinc model. The 2.25" aluminum CNC model can be bought for as little as $17 (free shipping) from the 'grinderprince' seller on eBay, with a 1 yr. warranty.

max,

georgesbataille

So is there a general consensus on the top 5 best grinders? I'm using the orange acrylic grinder that came with my volcano. I'm thinking I would like to use something nicer as I picked out a tiny spec of orange plastic in the ground-up herb that had chipped off while grinding. How's the SSV grinder?

georgesbataille,

max

Out to lunch
So is there a general consensus on the top 5 best grinders?
Not really, but I'd say that the quality name brands that most people are happy with are Space Case, Mendo Mulcher, Cosmic, MixnBall, and in the lower price range Chromium Crusher and Sharpstone. I've owned all the above except Cosmic and Sharpstone. Cosmic is like SC and Mendo-high quality but high priced. Sharpstone doesn't tempt me. MixnBall prices are rising-the new Classic Screen v.4 is going to be $50 :o, up from $30. At least they give you a 5 yr. warranty. I like the CNC aluminum Crusher for quality at a really low price-warranty varies with the seller.

The new SSV grinders are powder coated. :hmm: He says they're more scratch resistant than anodizing, with a lifetime warranty, but they're not cheap.

If you're grinding for the PD, the Space Case 4 pc. scout has 3mm holes, and captainhits (gratefulbuys) says he uses that one. It's on my wish list-about $52 with the FC discount. Any decent 2 pc. will also give you a fine grind, but may be more inconsistent. I do think a 2 pc. and a DIY screen is a good way to get a fine grind and kief collection. The MnB Classic 2 pc. on eBay for $17 delivered, or the CNC Chromium Crusher 4 pc. for the same price is hard to beat.

max,

JohnDoeHoe22

hey guys I'm going to be getting a grinder soon. I never really have to grind up a bunch of bud at once I usually will just break up enough for a little bowl. I've read about all these types of grinders. I read that one of them was so sharp it cut there fingers and this one grinder imparticular was giving metal shavings in the bud. Which grinders do this? I want to make sure to stay away from those.

I would like a grinder with the screen and the kief but like I said I don't grind a lot of bud at once just enough for a little bowl multiple times a day. I'll look into the Chromium Crusher since a lot of people seem to like that, but if not the crusher, what would you guys recommend? Thanks.

I'll look into

JohnDoeHoe22,

eLiguL

max said:
eLiguL said:

[url]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8385/ssl20162.th.jpg[/url]
The one with lots of teeth isn't the newest model. That would be the aluminum CNC model. It has fewer teeth (which I prefer), but the holes are further apart, which compensates for the many holes in the older model. It also has a deeper collection chamber, which, as you say, is a design problem with the steel/zinc model. The 2.25" aluminum CNC model can be bought for as little as $17 (free shipping) from the 'grinderprince' seller on eBay, with a 1 yr. warranty.
Grinderprince is who I bought my grinder from actually, after paypal and exchange rates it came out to $25CAD. I dont know why I thought the one with more teeth was the newer model, :lol:. Besides the holding chamber being too low I like this grinder. I had a generic CNC 2.5in 4 piece grinder that came with my Vaporwarez before and extensive use of my bro's Sharpstone.

eLiguL,
Top Bottom