Herb Grinders

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
Anyone have a good recommendation for a quality grinder other than BCG?
I already have one and I want to get a new grinder just for type 3 flower. I don’t really want a second bcg.
What else is on that level?

Gashoper

I've had good results with weed in my grinder.

:peace:
LOL

sorry for my "weird" question

actually my meaning was : Which Grinders (constructed from which material) are safe to be used with a vaporizer? I prefer to not inhale particles of Iron, Steel, Aluminium or what ever : WHAT MATERIALS ARE CONSIDERED MEDICALLY SAFE ?

Gashoper,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
LOL

actually my meaning was : Which Grinders (constructed from which material) are safe to be used with a vaporizer? I prefer to not inhale particles of Iron, Steel, Aluminium or what ever : WHAT MATERIALS ARE CONSIDERED MEDICALLY SAFE ?
I would say that this question reveals a level of concern that I think is not typical. I don't think any grinder made from the above materials are in any way harmful. But if you are avoiding metal, you might want to consider avoiding a grinder altogether. They are not required and you can just use your hands (or scissors but they would be made of metal).

There are grinders made from glass and plastic made from hemp, but I would not recommend them.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
LOL

Say high quality grinder there's no reason to assume you are inhaling any particles, but there are a lot more stainless steel grinders available now because of people concerned about aluminum even though it might be high grade and used well... If you skim backwards in the thread you will see the top suggestions currently, and why, but all depends on what you are comfortable with

Shit Snacks

I just saw curated flame post one of these on their instagram, hopefully maybe they stopped carrying flower mill as well, because these look like a competing version that hopefully is better? Who will try it out??

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
These look like a competing version that hopefully is better? Who will try it out??
With that anodized interior, spotting metal dust in your weed is a cinch!

OTOH since it’s aluminum all the way through, you won’t have as much wear as with a harder metal grinding against a softer one. 🤔

Ongrok always seemed like one of those Chinese factory Amazon storefronts to me— anodized doob tubes, stash jars, etc. Interesting to see them make this move.

Shit Snacks

Haha yeah I never heard of the brand before but I did notice that it looks like anodized aluminum so yeah I'm not really sure how much of a safe upgrade it would be although looks pretty at least, interesting nevertheless

Jojofernz

IMG-4853.jpg

Got a regular BCG in today from the exchange, my first one. Here it is next to the Stona just to show how big the Stona is haha. I’m already digging the feel, look and function of the BCG. Works just like regular grinders I’m used to, but definitely seems like a very quality and premium version. Especially digging the magnet connection/threadless design.

I think it will be a great companion to the Stona, mostly for going out and not worrying about damaging it really, size is perfect to take along as well. Liking the grind on first test with it, the Stona can be fluffy but also result in a lot of fine dusty weed. BCG seems more consistent and hope to try a course plate for it one day. Gonna keep running them both and see how they stack up some months from now!

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
I have a small 3-piece SCS and I like it a lot!! I've had it for years and it works just like the day I got it! (and no metal shavings or dust, at least not yet...) I also have the tube-shaped ZAM grinder that I use while out and about that I still really like! It saves space nicely with my dynavap and grasshopper (rip :ugh:)

The BCG and this Old Mate grinder look really nice but golly!! That price!! Paying for peace of mind, I'm sure, but that's an upgrade I will hold off on. I'll live vicariously through looking at all the beautiful grinders you guys pick up :love:
(The OMD does look super pretty, though... maybe as a reward one day...)

Shit Snacks

The BCG and this Old Mate grinder look really nice but golly!! That price!! Paying for peace of mind, I'm sure, but that's an upgrade I will hold off on. I'll live vicariously through looking at all the beautiful grinders

Yeah you are not paying for peace of mind, you are paying for top of the line function (and materials) beyond any regular grinder

rnartian

Yeah you are not paying for peace of mind, you are paying for top of the line function (and materials) beyond any regular grinder
Oh, I thought the biggest difference was the stainless steel avoiding any metal dust issues. And that I reckon stainless steel lasts much longer without general wear and tear compared to aluminum. But I'm certainly no grinder afficionado.

rnartian,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

Oh, I thought the biggest difference was the stainless steel avoiding any metal dust issues. And that I reckon stainless steel lasts much longer without general wear and tear compared to aluminum. But I'm certainly no grinder afficionado.

The benefits have been listed here and in their respective dedicated threads several times... BCG has high grade aluminum (not just ssteel as that is a newer option) with beautiful cut design and gorgeous colors... BCG also has three different plate styles available... My favorite thing about BCG is the side teeth in the lid though, which no other grinder has, that prevent it from ever jamming or locking up on you (dense sticky nugs put up a fight at first, but are no match for even a filthy BCG)... Also BCG has no threading, all magnetic connection, OMD also has no threading... OMD is only ssteel with one plate, but very sharp strong teeth design, size style too, but it also has skateboard bearing to spin freely, it even auto grinds this way essentially... So as I said, based on their design and more, both are enhanced traditional grinders, with features that no others have (there are others that have more unique designs as well though they are not really traditional grinders is what I mean)... Hope that helps!

rnartian

Hope that helps!
This is very detailed and it explains a ton I didn't know! I'm mostly a lurker, so when I do catch comments about grinders it's usually about the visual differences and the dangerous of certain ones (like the flower mill), so I missed a lot of the finer details. I definitely see the benefit of getting a specialized grinder. Thank you so much, Snacks, I appreciate you taking the time to explain all this! Grinder legend... :bowdown:

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
I've gone for a stainless steel standard size BCG after deliberating over the last couple of months... the delivery estimate is 6-8 weeks so gonna have to kick back and wait and let someone else do the heavy polishing :clap: it was a case of the shiniest one won out in the end!

I did buy a new SCS three piece to replace my old favourite two piece SCS, but I really don't like it much - the chamber which collects the ground stuff is the stickiest surface known to trichomes after a little bit has gone through it. They don't seem to make them like they used to imo, the anodising seems very different on the new one I got.

Pablo13

My OMD showed up at the start of the week :clap:

It sure is a solid piece. I took the chance to visually compare it to the Flower Mill

I've only ran a little bit of biscotti through it so far. I'm enjoying the experience from the grind to just randomly spinning the top almost everytime I look at it :D

Shit Snacks

Hmm no one mentioned this O'Connell, has BCG lid side teeth and similar hole cut for medium plate... Pretty cheap for titanium?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hmm no one mentioned this O'Connell, has BCG lid side teeth and similar hole cut for medium plate... Pretty cheap for titanium?
This looks a lot like the one from Vagrinders:

I thought they were mentioned in this thread for copying GFL, but I can't find it. Maybe that was on Reddit or maybe I am misremembering.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I like and use a lot of titanium products, but since it’s generally “SOFTER” then STEEL, don’t see any advantage over steel and perhaps aluminum as well, in a grinder.

UN-VETTED quote:
”Unalloyed titanium is softer, not harder, than hardened steel, and by a wide margin. Titanium carbide and titanium diboride are both harder than hardened steel.”

Top Bottom