Herb Grinders

CANtalk

What’s everyone’s thoughts on removing the keif screen in 4 piece grinder to make it a 3 piece?...
I did that some years back & never looked back 👍

etzq1icbxqsa1.jpg

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk

Good to know.. I may snag a SS ZAM or Odin Grinder and then remove the kief screen. What grinder is that you’re using?
I'm using an inexpensive Amazon grinder that was $17 US, this one which has been sold under a number of names https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herb-grinders.15/page-418#post-1459715

It does the job nicely. I would like an SS grinder (w/ no bearing) so I can clean it using my PBW & ultrasonic cleaner setup, but I'm waiting for them to come down in price more. I've seen some $150+ options

If anyone finds any, please share reasonably good SS grinders here. Cheers

:peace: :leaf:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
How about these then, anyone look into the AliExpress options yet?:

Sbf36196b8aad4f2e9be0dee508e2db1cg.jpg

S357bd3716a0449cdac6132664208c561F.jpg

Scff130a72ceb4c7d92c4e58dfc0b79edJ.jpg

Maybe you can remove the screen or that whole section....?

Edit:

Material : 304 Stainless Steel
Diameter : 47 MM / 1.69 Inches
Height : 46 MM / 1.81 Inches
Teeth : Sharp Diamond Teeth
Color : Metallic ( as photo )
Layers : 4 Layers
Use : For Cutting
Net Weight : 330 g / pc
Design : 304 Stainless Steel
Feature :
304 Stainless Steel with The Same Material As The Thermos Cup Everything Starts with Human Health
Because it's made of Stainless Steel , You Don't Have To Worry about Being Damaged By Prolonged Use Like Any Other Material.
Stainless Steel's Own Material Characteristics, So That You Can Take In The Hands To Feel The Real Weight of The Metal So That You Fall In Love with It
Christmas Is Coming, It's A Great Christmas Present That Can Be Given To Parents, Family and Friend
Worry-Free Warranty:
If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us, we will try our best to off you a fully satisfied solution. Our belief is that customer first. So, we will do everything we can to protect your interest.
Package Include:
1 x HONEYPUFF "304 Stainless Steel" Metal Heb Grinder

Sounds good to me....! :rofl:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What’s everyone’s thoughts on removing the keif screen in 4 piece grinder to make it a 3 piece? I’m considering buying a cheaper SS 4 piece grinder and converting it into a 3 piece by removing the keif catcher.. but how functional will this be? It seems like a native 3 piece will work better overall.. but they don’t make many 3 piece SS grinders that are under $80 so it’s a tough call…

It should work fine, depending on the grinder, some have a ledge or something that can make it annoying, often that bottom compartment is not optimized for a full load and only keef, so a proper three-piece is going to be superior... But taking the filter out of a four piece is certainly fine, that's how many of us discovered the three-piece is the move and eventually got a dedicated three-piece, never looked back

Finessseee

It should work fine, depending on the grinder, some have a ledge or something that can make it annoying, often that bottom compartment is not optimized for a full load and only keef, so a proper three-piece is going to be superior... But taking the filter out of a four piece is certainly fine, that's how many of us discovered the three-piece is the move and eventually got a dedicated three-piece, never looked back
What dedicated 3 piece do you use daily?

Finessseee,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

What dedicated 3 piece do you use daily?

Brilliant Cut Grinder of course (I have several, different colors, each plate, with its own grinder, regulars and the large size too, factory seconds on sale helped lol) easy favorite for an ultimate three piece, high quality aluminum, beautiful colors and design, no threading, and the best part is the side teeth in the lid that prevent it from ever jamming up no matter how dirty it gets...

However I also really like my Old Mate Designs grinder a lot, it is a good size, stainless steel, mine was a fair price early adopting... Really great feature is the skateboard ball bearing, not just fun to spin, it actually helps you autogrind, which is very nice when hands bother you... On top of that it has a great teeth design (super sharp) and hole layout, nice raw finish with big dish...

Previously I was using SLX without the filter, I hate it, really annoying to use... I was using an old SCS 4 piece with the filter removed before that, it was a little too small and has gotten worn down, I got the newer SCS 3 piece in an attempt to replace it before I got that SLX, but I really hated that new teeth design SCS uses so passed that on too...

Flower Mill is the other one I have and it is nothing like the others, not a typical grinder, I honestly don't use it... Had the original gr8tr briefly as well, hated that one the most of all!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Brilliant Cut Grinder of course (I have several, different colors, each plate, with its own grinder, regulars and the large size too, factory seconds on sale helped lol) easy favorite for an ultimate three piece, high quality aluminum, beautiful colors and design, no threading, and the best part is the side teeth in the lid that prevent it from ever jamming up no matter how dirty it gets...
So has your BCG worked its way back to the top of your list or is your Old Mate on top now? For a while at least it appeared your old mate had superseded the BCG.

Shit Snacks

So has your BCG worked its way back to the top of your list or is your Old Mate on top now? For a while at least it appeared your old mate had superseded the BCG.

Hehe I love your due diligence bud! :cool:

Honestly they are equal, both see plenty of use, depending on the nugs I'm loading, which one is available, what vape I am going to use with what setup, other factors etc...

I mentioned them both above, with the things I love about them, OMD is not quite as versatile, since I only have the one with the one plate (I hope to get another one someday with a customized finer plate and different bearing plus a couple updates that were made after I got mine) but OMD is quicker and easier for me typically so it says how good the BCG works for everything that I still tend to reach for it more often (and I do have more of them of course lol) but it really depends what I'm using as I said, trick with OMD is the grind can change depending on the nugs whereas BCG I can change the way I grind while OMD is a more automatic grind experience (so if I want a finer grind there I will stuff it more with denser moist nugs but if I want it coarser I can load less with more room etc principles also can work with the BCG however that has the different plates which have different teeth and holes and I can turn it upside down as well) variables!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The older I get, the more potentially painful grinding hard or sticky nugs gets. I have been very happy with my BCG and I doubt I will be getting an OMD. But if they or someone else come up with a grinder that is more effective with less force I may very well consider one...

Shit Snacks

The older I get, the more potentially painful grinding hard or sticky nugs gets

Yeah those first turns is always tough if it's really fresh dense sticky best goodies unfortunately... But then they get going easy pretty quick, just hard at first sometimes

OMD. But if they or someone else come up with a grinder that is more effective with less force

I will say for me that describes the OMD ultimately though... as the above is still true

Pukka

Ha, should've known better... OMD GFL rah rah sis boom bah

Like most threads these days... 🥱

*Unwatch
I'm experimenting with a GRAV 3 piece, a Santa Cruz 3 piece and a Kannastor 247.5 piece (for making PAX bricks) along with the usual suspects. All interesting in their own way, the GRAV suprised me a bit, it's a 3 piece the size of a 2 piece. Decent teeth and big holes for a medium/coarse grind. Good shape for gripping. The SCS is a SCS, clean them once a quarter or month and they're gold, I wish they were grippier, even with bands it's somtime hard to use. The KS is the wierd one I can't quite figure out. It's fine grind beats the GFL (IMO) for the PAX. Otherwise, nah, I like other stuff better.

Bologna, I hope this makes you feel better.

R1ng0

Edit:

Feature :
304 Stainless Steel with The Same Material As The Thermos Cup Everything Starts with Human Health
Because it's made of Stainless Steel , You Don't Have To Worry about Being Damaged By Prolonged Use Like Any Other Material.
Stainless Steel's Own Material Characteristics, So That You Can Take In The Hands To Feel The Real Weight of The Metal So That You Fall In Love with It
Christmas Is Coming, It's A Great Christmas Present That Can Be Given To Parents, Family and Friend
Worry-Free Warranty:
If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us, we will try our best to off you a fully satisfied solution. Our belief is that customer first. So, we will do everything we can to protect your interest.
Package Include:

Yeah I have two they are essentially ZAM

Just to add don't buy a flower mill they do have metal shavings and there cs has been non existent since there failed nylon washer fix too little too late and way too expensive

LesPlenty

Company Rep
(w/ no bearing)
You can opt for a ceramic or PEEK bearing so you can U/C clean with iso as those types of bearings have no lube.
painful grinding hard or sticky nugs gets. I have been very happy with my BCG and I doubt I will be getting an OMD
I find my large BCG is a little easier than my OMD to spin simply due to it being larger, the large BCG is also easier to load...especially with larger buds as you can lay them right across the middle of the grinding area.

gaseous_clay

I'm forever in with Santa Cruz Shredders.

The main grinder I have been using for years has been a jumbo in matte black. LOVE it. So much that I realized when I had to clean it (desperately) that going back to an old Space Case just felt cheap. I gave it to a friend & went to order a medium 3 piece SCS in matte gray. One problem: the medium was sold out. Sent an email asking if any more would be in soon & they told me they would be back soon, so I kept checking nearly every day for over 3 months. Finally I had it. Was going to just buy a gloss gray & be done with it, but sent another email to SCS asking if they had been cancelled. They responded that they had located ONE in their inventory & it was mine if I wanted it. When I responded within minutes that I did, they sent a link for a special order & it automatically applied a 10% discount. I had it by the end of the week!

IMG-E8783.jpg

Sativapo

Edit:

Feature :
Worry-Free Warranty:
Package Include:

I bought it and I didn't like it. I guessed it would be medium it's more on the coarse side and you have to turn a lot and shake a bit to make all the herb fall on the screen. Maybe I'll try the black leaf one for a cheapish ss one. I guess as it's a smoking accessories brand someone who actually knows about grinders will at least have tested it.

Sativapo,
Reactions: LesPlenty

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
I purchased an Herb Ripper a couple years ago and have had No reason to bother looking again !
Like my HR; it sold me on the idea of stainless grinders, but... it's dinky and hard to turn when loaded and my hands are stiff and sore from manual labor. Just got in an Aroma 3. It's *much* larger, threadless, grippier spins very easily, and (in limited trials) faster. Worth a look for anyone on the fence.

Madtater

I'm forever in with Santa Cruz Shredders.

The main grinder I have been using for years has been a jumbo in matte black. LOVE it. So much that I realized when I had to clean it (desperately) that going back to an old Space Case just felt cheap. I gave it to a friend & went to order a medium 3 piece SCS in matte gray. One problem: the medium was sold out. Sent an email asking if any more would be in soon & they told me they would be back soon, so I kept checking nearly every day for over 3 months. Finally I had it. Was going to just buy a gloss gray & be done with it, but sent another email to SCS asking if they had been cancelled. They responded that they had located ONE in their inventory & it was mine if I wanted it. When I responded within minutes that I did, they sent a link for a special order & it automatically applied a 10% discount. I had it by the end of the week!

IMG-E8783.jpg
I purchased a flowermill and i really like it, but i ended up going back to my scs because of the metal dusting issue. I wasn’t getting that issue, but i am paranoid so i just put it down and went back to my scs.

I just do not have any desire to get another SS grinder as i don’t vape a ton of flower. Seems like it would be wasted money.

wubba-lubba-dub-dub

Like my HR; it sold me on the idea of stainless grinders, but... it's dinky and hard to turn when loaded and my hands are stiff and sore from manual labor. Just got in an Aroma 3. It's *much* larger, threadless, grippier spins very easily, and (in limited trials) faster. Worth a look for anyone on the fence.

Same boat here, I love my HR but wouldn't mind something a bit bigger and easier to turn (i suffer with arthritis so i grip is hard especially when its gummed up and im being lazy in cleaning it) I found cutting a bike inner tube and warping it on the top lid helps to improve gripe a lot.

With the Aroma, I'm interested in this but how do you go about cleaning? I soak my HR in iso for five mins and scrub with a stiff toothbrush. Cant be soaking the Aroma with that bearing right?

Shit Snacks

With the Aroma, I'm interested in this but how do you go about cleaning? I soak my HR in iso for five mins and scrub with a stiff toothbrush. Cant be soaking the Aroma with that bearing right?

Correct, you can check the thread, for more details, but it's possible to pop the bearing out for cleaning (and it can be replaced with one that can be soaked safely), or just clean more carefully without soaking that part...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
a bit bigger and easier to turn (i suffer with arthritis so i grip is hard
I find my large BCG is easier on my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (just) than my Old Mate, especially with larger dense buds, purely to do with the Large BCG being physically bigger.:2c:
That said, I probably use the Old Mate more as most buds fit just fine with a small break-up.

Top Bottom