Herb Grinders

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I sold the Brilliant Cut because it kept slipping in my grip. I have an old nerve injury in my left hand, and with the slick finish on the BCG, plus the large size, it just spun in my hand when loaded. I tried Latex gloves, rubber bands and other things without success. The regular size might be better, but I'm going to try to find something with some texture.

So, are the quarter turn grinders good? I remember a couple of comments from the past about them opening up while grinding. Is that still n issue?

I'll give the flower mill and united machine grinders a closer look. Thanks!

With the flower mill there is no issue of the bottom unscrewing while you are grinding, I do not have any other quarter turn grinders, but I think the quarter turn is fine and secure. I will say that sometimes the FM can unscrew the top part if you turn counter- clockwise when you are grounding but as long as you turn clockwise afterwards there's no problem... But yeah I think the United Machining Grinder could be your best bet, hopefully I will have that in person soon!

Vitolo

Vaporist
I sold the Brilliant Cut because it kept slipping in my grip
I need a roughened/textured surface to grip also.
I also need the grinder to be large enough not to fight with.
The NewVape Fine grinder is my favorite out of a few dozen.
When I need a grind that is not that fine, I use the SCS 2 piece.
The NewVape Grinder's inner dimensions are not large, but the grinder itself is large with thick walls, and a solid heavy feel.
I still love this grinder.... effortless to turn regardless of how gnarly the bud!
siliconebands-7-5-740x.jpg

kazz

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I need a roughened/textured surface to grip also.
I also need the grinder to be large enough not to fight with.
The NewVape Fine grinder is my favorite out of a few dozen.
When I need a grind that is not that fine, I use the SCS 2 piece.
The NewVape Grinder's inner dimensions are not large, but the grinder itself is large with thick walls, and a solid heavy feel.
I still love this grinder.... effortless to turn regardless of how gnarly the bud!

Thanks for the recommendation and link!

kazz

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Lol. I was about to recommend the Phoenician as well.

I've never owned one, but I've used a friend's before, and it's grippy and quick. Not sure if they have many options in the finer grind direction that most of us like for our vapes though.

condition

The search function of the site doesn't work with 3 letters queries, so I must ask, how SLX grinders stand here? I got one (1st version not the newest) in Amsterdam, I read good reviews but my 10+ years old Space Case works the same I think. Also SLX advertises never sticks but every couple of months I submerge it to ISO.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
how SLX grinders stand here?
I liked my purple V2.5 so much (2 units kept shedding purple on qtips when wiped with one)I ordered a large BCG to compliment my old 88mm space case that I still like but wanted less maintenance. The Space Case goes a couple of months before needing an ultrasonic clean but gets gummed up in between.

Shit Snacks

thanks I will try find a large BCG my self

Yeah BCG is oh so much better than SLX, I replaced my 2.5-in purple SLX 2.0 with regular BCG fine plate years ago, now I have another regular BCG medium plate and a large BCG on the way too! The SLX seemed cool at first, but the ceramic coating really does not help keep it clean, and it locks up all the time even after a fresh cleaning... BCG literally never locks up, because of the design with teeth poking out the side in the lid, on top of that no threading and they look super gorgeous with high quality aluminum... They will have another discount code, for 10% off to cover shipping basically, for 420 too!

Okla68

Looks as tho none of yall have tried the HERB RIPPER....puts ALL others to Shame, IMO. Been using mine for 6+ months, still as clean today as the day I received it in the mail...NO STICKING PARTICLES. Its almost like it Repels them. And if you examine the material with a Loupe after grinding, youll see the Trichomes are Still In place. Not Crushed and smeared onto the teeth or dislodged. If you are a fan of Keif, then the HR is Not the grinder for you. It seems to MAKE NONE !
Best grinder Ive used in 50 years, Bar None !

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Looks as tho none of yall have tried the HERB RIPPER....puts ALL others to Shame, IMO. Been using mine for 6+ months, still as clean today as the day I received it in the mail...NO STICKING PARTICLES. Its almost like it Repels them. And if you examine the material with a Loupe after grinding, youll see the Trichomes are Still In place. Not Crushed and smeared onto the teeth or dislodged. If you are a fan of Keif, then the HR is Not the grinder for you. It seems to MAKE NONE !
Here you go, man (as well, there are plenty of posts about it here if you search or dig back):
Glad to hear you love your grinder!

Shit Snacks

May I ask what other grinders you have tried? And might you be able to share some photos...? Surprised as design is so simple

Okla68

Only been using grinders the past couple years out of 50+ years using(always broke up by hand). Ive gone thru a BCG, SLX, SCS and several cheaper plastic grinders. All seemed to get Clogged after a bit. I also thought about the Separation of Keif, I want that In or On what Im Vaping, not separate. On a Whim, I dropped $100 on a HR...When I first got it, was disappointed in its size...seemed Small(2")....I didn't get one with a Keif catcher(got a 3 piece).
The next thing was how Easy it was to turn, even packed full.
All was Evenly ground, no powder...and none Stuck to any surfaces. When I dumped the chamber, All came out, as if it was Teflon coated. Seeing no powder, I Louped the ground material, it was still covered in Uncrushed Trichomes ! Which was the whole idea to begin with. Been using for 6 months, never cleaned..using all Homegrown, Sticky buds.... as you can see Still pretty clean......any of the others would have been clogged by now.
It Still amazes me how ground material dumps out Completely each load....Nothing seems to stick ! The 2nd pic of the catch bowl has never been cleaned either.
As far as opening in 1 1/4 turn, its more like 1 1/2, lol !
Im 72 with abused hands, yet, I have No Problem turning it regardless of the stickiness or load size.
Ranks at the top of $100 purchases I ever made.
16147443516554280956594412758405.jpg16147440461602947757752322850285.jpg

kazz

... but there are times when I have struggled to grip and turn my FM a bit just because it is smooth slick without any itching, you know? I never have trouble opening it, I'm just talking about the actual grinding motion which is what I think kazz struggled with using the BCG.... I have not got my UM grinder yet, but looking at it it is full of itching and grip, so I think it may be the best bet for @kazz in particular is all.

Yes, my issue was in turning the loaded grinder, not opening. I hold bottom in left hand and grip and turn lid with my right. Left hand has poor grip and slick finish on BCG just spun in my hnd when loaded. I currently use a Space Case with a rubber band on bottom. But it is a PITA to unscrew

Did a bit of research over the weekend and the Flower Mill intrigues me. I occasionally combust in a water pipe, but primarily use a Dynavap w/ induction heater. I normally like coarser grinds. Is the stock screen good for me or should I get the expansion pack? Finally, do they usually have a 420 sale, and if so, is it worth waiting on?

Thanks everyone for all of the input!

Shit Snacks

Did a bit of research over the weekend and the Flower Mill intrigues me. I occasionally combust in a water pipe, but primarily use a Dynavap w/ induction heater. I normally like coarser grinds. Is the stock screen good for me or should I get the expansion pack? Finally, do they usually have a 420 sale, and if so, is it worth waiting on?

If you want course, then yeah just get the stock screen, the expansion pack comes with three finer screens. And I don't know about 420, but they had 10% off for the holidays so probably reasonable to expect another sale? Email them and ask!

@Okla68 very nice, that does look like a slick herb chamber! Won't be able to justify this for myself unfortunately though lol

Texus

Anyone here tried the Tafee Bowle metal Potter grinder?

Love the plastic one (Potter+) more than I've ever loved a plastic grinder, such cool features such as not just filling the pots, but also the built in funnel that doubles as a storage area for ground herb.

Top Bottom