Herb Grinders

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
do some of you have experience with this coarse plate? are you satisfied ? I think that for dynavap (with IH), Vaponic and Tinymight, that would be suitable.

I use both several Dynavaps and a Tinymight, the medium BCG plate works very well for both. Definitely not too fine.

fangorn

I use both several Dynavaps and a Tinymight, the medium BCG plate works very well for both. Definitely not too fine.

Hi Siebter!

yeah if there had been a medium plate for the Ripper, and not fine / medium, I would have opted for that one ...
I would really like feedback from users of the 2020 ripper ... I have read exchanges on the prototypes, but since then I have found nothing ...
I'm thinking of taking the coarse plate. I will still seek opinions.

but thank you, if I change my mind for the Bcg, I will choose a medium plate.

good vape !

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi Siebter!

yeah if there had been a medium plate for the Ripper, and not fine / medium, I would have opted for that one ...
I would really like feedback from users of the 2020 ripper ... I have read exchanges on the prototypes, but since then I have found nothing ...

good vape !

Yeah if you get the course plate ripper, and need a finer grind, just grind upside down for a bit!

fangorn

Hello Shit snacks !

Yeah if you get the course plate ripper, and need a finer grind, just grind upside down for a bit!

too simple as an answer 😂
obviously I should have thought about it!

I considered it for the Santa Cruz, but the price range not being the same, I fantasized about a plate perfect for me!

but in conclusion, your opinion is completely logical !!!

thank you !

good vape

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hello Shit snacks !

too simple as an answer 😂
obviously I should have thought about it!

I considered it for the Santa Cruz, but the price range not being the same, I fantasized about a plate perfect for me!

but in conclusion, your opinion is completely logical !!!

thank you !

good vape

Even with a fine plate I find you need to grind upside down if you want to get it really fine anyway. One thing to keep in mind as this will make it get dirtier faster, more of a problem with SCS aluminum teeth, I think with the steel ripper especially the course you will have less concerns in general... So yeah I think you're paying for the steel, you have to make a choice on the plate unless you're going to get both so, I think you'll be okay if you got the course! That's just my thinking, I wouldn't think to get course myself normally I started with the fine plate from BCG and am now getting a medium... Anyway good luck deciding!

ManeVape

Hi Siebter!

good vape !
I have a HR 2020 on the way.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Stainless steel is the way to go in my opinion. I’m about to switch up my Crown grinder to the medium plate. The fine plate works well with my convection vaporizers, it gives quicker extraction but more restriction to the draw. I think I prefer the easier more free-flowing draw of the medium plate. Stainless and toothless is a very nice combo indeed!

Last edited:

ruggedsmooth

I’m going to jump on the stainless train I think

waiting on the new united machining one, but also have my eye on The Crown.
might have to grab both
tired of the threading also, always gets gummed up with pollen.
my current 4pce SCS I haven’t cleaned the Kieth tray in 1.5 years. Need to get on that.

fangorn

hi community!

well I decided this weekend for a ripper with coarse plate. 😁

my long search is over ... (what will be the next? 🤣 ... there is always one ...!)

I will give you feedback from my experience with this jewel!

(I found a promo code of 15% which paid for the delivery ... and with the current courses, it comes back to me at 87 €)

good vape

ManeVape

I received my Herb Ripper 2020 this week. I have not used it yet, so no grind report. I will say I am very disappointed in the quality of the finishing on it. The peening is very inconsistent with several blank areas that did not get peened. maybe my unit was an outlier. It is not even close to the overall quality of my United Machining grinder.

daoist

I use the Space case medium. nice grind. fairly coarse. it never ever jammed on me ever Over time the non stick properties don't work as well anymore and some residue will built up. But right now i probably have not cleaned it in like a year and it still works well. It is pricey, but it never ever gets stuck. So for the reason that it never jams on me i find this a good grinder, it is also consistent.

The herborizer grinders look pretty nice to for the money since it is anodised and all that.

Last edited:

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
I received my Herb Ripper 2020 this week. I have not used it yet, so no grind report. I will say I am very disappointed in the quality of the finishing on it. The peening is very inconsistent with several blank areas that did not get peened. maybe my unit was an outlier. It is not even close to the overall quality of my United Machining grinder.
Check also for burrs where the holes are drilled thru the grind plate; I used a metal probe to knock them loose.

feralcomprehension,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

fatbiker

I am curios the Herb Ripper 2020 Is improved over the previous version. I bought the XL version about a year ago after I sold my BCG to convert to a stainless grinder for health reasons. I do greatly miss the BCG grind quality and smoothness. It truly is the best grinder on the market. I wish they would make a stainless steel version

The Herb Ripper doesn’t grind as nice as the BCG. It also jams up and doesn’t clear well. if the new version is drastically better i would consider upgrading. However, I have my doubts about the improvement.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I am curios the Herb Ripper 2020 Is improved over the previous version. I bought the XL version about a year ago after I sold my BCG to convert to a stainless grinder for health reasons. I do greatly miss the BCG grind quality and smoothness. It truly is the best grinder on the market. I wish they would make a stainless steel version

The Herb Ripper doesn’t grind as nice as the BCG. It also jams up and doesn’t clear well. if the new version is drastically better i would consider upgrading. However, I have my doubts about the improvement.

Yeah I would buy one instantly if SS was offered. I’m through with aluminum grinders.

JammerBR

Hello jammerBR, can you tell me which plate do you prefer? for which vaporizer?
thank you in advance !!
Sure.... sorry for the tardy reply. I prefer the fine/medium grind as I use the flower in a dry herb vape. The flower always comes out even and fluffy.

Sure.... sorry for the tardy reply. I prefer the fine/medium grind as I use the flower in a dry herb vape. The flower always comes out even and fluffy.
I use it in a Pax3 vaporizer BUT I am about to be using it in a Tinymight! Can't wait to get it in.

Hello jammerBR, can you tell me which plate do you prefer? for which vaporizer?
thank you in advance !!
I use for a Pax3, BUT about to be using for a Tinymight

Top Bottom