Herb Grinders

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
It's time to try out another grinder and I think I'm going to give the BCG a go. Looking at the different grinding plates, I know for sure that I want the medium and course. Purchasing the "kit" saves you $10 on the 3rd plate. My question to those who own it, when do you use the find grind plate?

I have two sets of all there grind plates, and two BCG's.

I've found the medium plate to be the one I use 99% of the time, now that I've had the grinder for a year and a half or more. It's a versatile grind that is fine for almost all my vaporizers. And I use the fine plate for those vaporizers I have that just do better with a slightly finer grind.

I've only used the coarse plates once or twice, just to see what kind of grind they offer. However, I have no vaporizer that I find a need to grind my bud that coarse for. Maybe if I was rolling it into a joint or blunt to smoke, but I don't do that anymore.

Last edited:

Aeownz

Storz & Bickel fanboi
Yeah, no regrets here. It's a joy to use compared to the cheap one I have that came with puff it up order 7 years ago.

Exciting to hear! I e-mail'd them for an update on my order (01.05) and they said they're producing as fast as they can, dealing with the crisis and all. Fine plate for me with custom colours, will post when it drops.

z0r

Funny how some find that the fine plate is not fine enough on the BCG? And then there is me...who finds my medium plate is fine grind...and I only use the coarse plate as it is fairly medium large and not coarse. I tried the fine plate once....then saw some semi powdered green stuff....lol

I feel there are a few variables involved when comparing a single grinder across different users, the cannabis itself being a big one. Moisture, other plant matter (stems vs buds), density, etc. With really dry herb I find that the large/coarse plate can produce less refined grind but also a bunch of powderized herb (not kief)

LabPong

I feel there are a few variables involved when comparing a single grinder across different users, the cannabis itself being a big one. Moisture, other plant matter (stems vs buds), density, etc. With really dry herb I find that the large/coarse plate can produce less refined grind but also a bunch of powderized herb (not kief)

Totally....but have you used a BCG with the different plates?

SORRY to PUCC grinder for OT......I will end my convo here.....

LabPong,

z0r

Totally....but have you used a BCG with the different plates?

Yup, I have all three plates. I try to keep my cannabis at a moisture level that I enjoy the most (58-62% boveda packs have worked fine), but sometimes I'm gifted herb that has been poorly (IMO) stored and my earlier message was my experience

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Speaking of 2pc grinders I have been using a QuickGrinder V3 for the last 6 years, still as good as new!.

It has SS plates and spikes which I reallly appreciate, grinds faster than most other grinders and can grind from coarse to powder.

Manteinance is easy for me, just a little scraping every 2/3 months and good to go but I like to grind very dry herbs for my vapes.

A friend of mine has the same grinder and he grinds a lot of moist herbs (he is not patient enough to let his plants dry and cure completely). He has to clean the grinder every 2 weeks and with all that resin buildup it is a PITA.

We use similar quality herbs but it´s incredible how a good dry cured herb can help mantaining this grinder and scraping the goods out of it..

If you ordered a BCG between 4/20 and 4/25, have you received it? Trying to determine if mine has shipped before reaching out to Grinders For Life. Their website advises of a 4 week wait, so crossing my fingers I’ll get to play with it soon.
Ordered 4/28, got shipping notification today for my silver medium grinder.

JammerBR

I find the Herb Ripper to be a POWERHOUSE. It melts through any amount of flower I’ve put in it. Love the design and love the stainless steel (a lot better than aluminum). It’s pricey but should be the last grinder I get. I have the three piece, fine medium grind. I just ordered a Tinymight too btw.
Hello the team!

I am looking to improve my vape and am looking for a new grinder ... I had a 4 pieces 1st price aluminum from Amsterdam that a friend offered me... Surely more than 10 years ago ...

Since then I have invested in a Tinymight, dynavap ti and a Vaponic. So it's time to switch to a good grinder ...

I spend time looking for what I want but considering the prices ... It would not be serious for me bought a grinder at 120 euros ... But the VAS is powerful!

Anyway, after this introduction ...

I saw the Santa Cruz 4 pieces, then the Brillant Cut Grinder, the herb ripper and finally the Santa Cruz 2 pieces (with a jyarz required for the latter!) ...

The price, the brilliant colors and the aluminum of the Brillant Cut Grinder cooled me. I spent time combining the colors to finally find the onyx too shiny ... If I buy this one it will surely be onyx - hematite - onyx ...

Then I saw the herb ripper, all in stainless steel ... I much prefer the material, and surely even the design ... More raw. Even if the technical characteristics of BCG are enticing! But hey the price of the herb ripper also calmed me ... Even if the 3 pieces is more affordable ... And similar the shipping costs are not given!

The Gr8trv2 is too big for me ... But they released an affordable mini version. Except that the plate is necessarily fine ... So surely a grind far too fine for my vapors ... And in addition a priori it must be cleaned often ....

Too bad, I really liked the airtight compartments that would have saved me space in my vaping box ...

I saw the zam grinder also but surely less practical for the loading and not yet available.

Finally I come back to Santa Cruz (even if always tickled by the stainless steel of the ripper) ... If the 4 pieces is too expensive, I tell myself that the 2 pieces could allow me to wait a little for twenty euros. ..

Question ... How is the grinding of the 2 pieces? Doesn't the fact that the grass does not fall give too fine a grind?

Okay here ... I know everyone is different but what would you do for me ...? It's hard to find his vape ... I did not think that I would gallant as much for my grinder ... Even if it's not bad because it postpones my purchase 😁

Thank you for taking the time to read me and maybe to answer me ...

++

fangorn

Hello jammerBR, can you tell me which plate do you prefer? for which vaporizer?
thank you in advance !!

fangorn,

Ramahs

I plan to get an Herb Ripper eventually.
I also need a Santa Cruz Shredder in my collection, if only because of their part in the history of quality grinders.

cr0wley

truth is, frogs were gay from the start.
I plan to get an Herb Ripper eventually.
I also need a Santa Cruz Shredder in my collection, if only because of their part in the history of quality grinders.

I really love how uniquely fluffy the SCS grind is.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
http://instagr.am/p/CAlxVIIpdRr/
My grinder has no name, it grinds weed all the same. It works from morning till night and never puts up a fight. It's battle scared and worn from being thrown around sometimes into bushes covered in thorns. Its nearly 15 years young and has seen all manor of fun, perhaps it still has many years to come? A very medium grind with no small or large bits intertwined. The kief catcher is nice, topping a bowl at night makes me feel alright. Sometimes I think of replacing it with a BCG but then I think what's the BFD? I shouldn't worry and there is no hurry to retire this old and cherished friend, I know he'll keep working until the end. All that time ago $50 dollars was quite a expense, but now later I know it was money well spent. Who needs a BCG and figuring out what plate you want or what to expect, the BCG hasn't proven its longevity yet. If money was no object I'd go to their website today and order without delay, unfortunately there is rent to pay.

Ramahs

I really love how uniquely fluffy the SCS grind is.
Looky looky what showed up today.

Nice. Now try taking a whole nug like that, and not breaking it up at all. Just place it just how it is, right in the middle (right over the center pin), and be amazed as to how easily it grinds it all right up! 😮

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Now try taking a whole nug like that, and not breaking it up at all. Just place it just how it is, right in the middle (right over the center pin), and be amazed as to how easily it grinds it all right up!

Ramahs, it was recommended not too long ago in the thread not to overstuff
because it leads to misalignment of the top's teeth & the grinding plate's teeth resulting in the probable wearing away of the anodizing on the corners of the teeth. It's recommended to break up the herb & place it between the teeth so this misalignment doesn't happen.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
because it leads to misalignment of the top's teeth & the grinding plate's teeth resulting in the probable wearing away of the anodizing on the corners of the teeth. It's recommended to break up the herb & place it between the teeth so this misalignment doesn't happen.
Yea that's pretty much what I did. It was the max I believe. My hands are not great and I'm used to a larger grinder.
My mendo was always consistent just got real dirty and wanted to try the new.
Kinda wish I would have waited for the larger version, but we all know how tempting 420 sales are. Lol
I also grind upside down. It's not as fine as my mendo. So l guess I'll order a fine plate with my large one when they are released. Hehe

Summer

Long Island, NY
@MELTING Pot , try putting a silicone wristband around the top for a possibly better grip, not ideal, but better. I did suggest to GFL that they consider making an alternative top with a rim having dimples or some type of indentations for those with dexterity issues. But, alas, something like a new lid is very much on the back burner since their mfr'ing plate is jam-packed-full right now. I like this artisan company very much. In time, they are gonna go far.

fangorn

Hello !
after reading and thinking, I will move towards a 3-piece herb ripper.
now I hesitate on the plate: fine / medium or coarse. if there had been fine or medium or coarse, I would have chosen medium but the fact that it is "fine / medium" scares me a little. I will tend to choose coarse.
do some of you have experience with this coarse plate? are you satisfied ? I think that for dynavap (with IH), Vaponic and Tinymight, that would be suitable.
if you have opinions, I'm interested !!

thank you in advance !!
++

Ramahs

Really?
That wasn't "overstuffing" (which I wouldn't recommend either). That nug wasn't that big at all..

Top Bottom