Herb Grinders

BR Ron

I just wanted to say that I think using a 4 piece like a 3 piece isn't the same. I'll explain... the Kannastor for instance.... the 3 piece is a completely different grinder from the 4 piece (using as a 3). The 3 piece has a much larger herb bowl and finger scoop curves....and it has a small top piece that is harder to use/turn IME. The 4 piece without kif screen catcher has just the smaller herb catch area, but has that huge ass top. So, ideally, since the vape edition doesn't come with a coarse screen, i'd like the 4 piece (both screens) but the i'd like the BOTTOM section of the vape gr8tr. Hope that makes sense, I think i'm going to email kannastor about it.

The SLX as 3 piece is the same I think....way too low profile, and would be more cumbersome to use than an actually designed 3 piece IMO.

I've been thinking about what you said @unsorted about the slightly coarser pieces in the Lift, and do agree with you... I can see how a fluffy shred in the SCS would vape up way faster and differently than the Lift.

Just goes to prove what @little maggie says that it's all so individual (like vapes!), and that sometimes, for someone like me anyway, you may need multiple grinders for different purposes. I just love variety, definitely the spice of life!

I just received a Lift grinder. The grinder is easy to turn, and I like the fluffiness of the ground material. I also have the GR8TR, it grinds much finer, but takes more effort. As far as quality of build goes the Lift is like a fine piece of machinery. The fact that everything in quarter turn is great. I perform maintenance everyday, so I can tell you that this thing is nice to operate. I haven't tried all of the grinders out there, but I might be done looking. BTW I test drove this grinder with some Lemon Diesel in the EVO and all I can saw is NICE. From order to delivery was right at 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArthurJ

I'm the proud new owner of @biohacker's kannastor, thank you sir, I like it a lot!
I have a medium space case, which has served me well for a couple of years now, and a small SCS shredder which I got figuring it would be handy if I wanted to carry one with me for any reason.
I feel like the space case and the SCS are more of a medium grind, I like the fine grind of the kannastor gr8tr and have been using it mostly since I got it.

I use the cut-off end of a slurpee straw as a little scoop, I can pinch the end to fit into my various stems and tips.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just wanted to say that I think using a 4 piece like a 3 piece isn't the same. I'll explain... the Kannastor for instance.... the 3 piece is a completely different grinder from the 4 piece (using as a 3). The 3 piece has a much larger herb bowl and finger scoop curves....and it has a small top piece that is harder to use/turn IME. The 4 piece without kif screen catcher has just the smaller herb catch area, but has that huge ass top. So, ideally, since the vape edition doesn't come with a coarse screen, i'd like the 4 piece (both screens) but the i'd like the BOTTOM section of the vape gr8tr. Hope that makes sense, I think i'm going to email kannastor about it.

The SLX as 3 piece is the same I think....way too low profile, and would be more cumbersome to use than an actually designed 3 piece IMO.

I've been thinking about what you said @unsorted about the slightly coarser pieces in the Lift, and do agree with you... I can see how a fluffy shred in the SCS would vape up way faster and differently than the Lift.

Just goes to prove what @little maggie says that it's all so individual (like vapes!), and that sometimes, for someone like me anyway, you may need multiple grinders for different purposes. I just love variety, definitely the spice of life!

While true regarding the SCS 4piece I use as a 3piece and my actual SCS 3piece, the SLX should be a bit different since it is already a 3 piece just with a filter tray. True it seems a shallower chamber for herb vs SCS 3piece, but I don't ever fill mine anyway, since I need to grind upside down a bit it's not ideal to add to it after grinding a load, and one load does not fill it either. I do like the curved walls, but kief does stick to this chamber and it's probation too deep for me these days I guess...

No one here has tried that Lift Amazon knock off yet though? So maybe the gr8ter would be good for me, but I dono something about the turns me off... Oh and I finally tried my mflb finishing grinder once to very meh results

shredder

Another vote for the SLX two inch.

Most of my grinding to date has been with a plastic storz and bickle freebie. However years ago I did buy a $50 aluminum grinder that looks fantastic but sticks like crazy. The free plastic worked better.

I grind for a variety of vapes and I'm completely happy with my SLX. No sticking yet and it's been not quite a year now. And I've run a lot of sticky buds through it. Including gorilla glue.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I just wanted to say that I think using a 4 piece like a 3 piece isn't the same. I'll explain... the Kannastor for instance.... The SLX as 3 piece is the same I think....way too low profile, and would be more cumbersome to use than an actually designed 3 piece IMO.

You are absolutely right. I grind & then dump into a small bowl rather than use my grinder to store cannabis in. My SLX is great as a 3 piece but that is only because I grind & dump. The SCS 3 piece would be hard to go past if you store ground material in the grinder.

chiefcombuster1

Hi, I'm in the market for a good grinder. I currently use the storz and bickel one that comes with their vaporizers, but I notice the teeth slowly chip away and I don't like that I'm smoking that. I do love how well they grind bud up though. I like a pretty fine grind to smoke in my volcano or mighty with capsules. I would love something with similar or better grinding quality. I've searched a lot and came down to some of the bigger names like Santa Cruz and cali crusher or space case all around $80+ CAD on amazon canada.

I found this which seems like its probably just as good. Does anyone have anything against the Ohuhu? Its only $18 instead. I have a hard time justifying those high prices just for a grinder. Had no idea it was like that. I don't want a piece of crap though. Most reviews I'm finding seem to say its good.

https://www.amazon.ca/Ohuhu-Tobacco...8&qid=1489631476&sr=1-4&keywords=cali+crusher

Would you guys reccommend geting one of the higher end ones for better quality? Which is good for fine grind. I've use some that still leave it chunky which isn't ideal for vaping. Gr8tr vape? SCS?

Last edited:
chiefcombuster1,

Whissmu

Is there any easy way or trick to cleaning the s&b volcano grinder?

Test to fill the grinder with iso, leave one par minutes and put some paper, kleenex or similar .. crush and move as flowers,after to overturn with a stick rub the edges with the scraps of paper and repeat this process once more and Then rinse with hot water and it will be new grinder in a few minutes

Whissmu,

Cjisohsocool

Test to fill the grinder with iso, leave one par minutes and put some paper, kleenex or similar .. crush and move as flowers,after to overturn with a stick rub the edges with the scraps of paper and repeat this process once more and Then rinse with hot water and it will be new grinder in a few minutes

I meant the orange acrylic one

Cjisohsocool,

Whissmu

Don't use Iso on acrylic. I'd suggest soap and water, a toothbrush and some elbow grease.

:peace:

It is bad ?? I have been using iso for years: S What is the problem of using iso in acrylic ..: / It is never late to learn :doh:

Whissmu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Whissmu

I'm not sure if it applies to all types, but as a general rule I don't use any iso on acrylic due to the cracking and fogging that can occur. :2c:

http://chemistry.stackexchange.com/questions/28426/why-does-alcohol-crack-acrylic-plexiglass

:peace:

@Stu Thank you very much for illustrating me!
I was scared for being a health reason :uhoh:, I see that it is only a matter of durability and the integrity of the plastic, it does not change me much .. the acrylic grinder always breaks me !even without having ever cleaned never
i do not break crystals but Plastics when grinding :bang: Thanks again

chiefcombuster1

So I kinda narrow down a bit what I want. I want a fine grind that'll work well with my volcano and mighty. I probably would be happy enough with a 3 piece but 4pc is acceptable. I like the easy half twist to get to the grinded herb chamber like the lift innovations grinder. I prefer to not have to clean it often. Those are probably the biggest points for me.

I like the lift but worry about the grind not being fine enough, and having to clean it all the time. I dunno how to make a choice between SCS, SC, Gr8tr, and lift.

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a gr8tr.

Last edited:
chiefcombuster1,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
So I kinda narrow down a bit what I want. I want a fine grind that'll work well with my volcano and mighty. I probably would be happy enough with a 3 piece but 4pc is acceptable. I like the easy half twist to get to the grinded herb chamber like the lift innovations grinder. I prefer to not have to clean it often. Those are probably the biggest points for me.

I like the lift but worry about the grind not being fine enough, and having to clean it all the time. I dunno how to make a choice between SCS, SC, Gr8tr, and lift.

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a gr8tr.
I haven't had to clean my GR8TR since I started using it. I've gone through at least 3 oz and it's still turning really smooth. If you get it I recommend breaking your nugs into 3/8"-1/2" in size to avoid clogging.

Another tip would be to give the grinder a tap on hard surface when you think everything has been ground. The holes can hold a lot of weed if you don't do this.

biohacker

I still really do like my SCS. Very little maintenance like @duff said.

Which one do you have? I'm still leaning toward the large 3 piece. Still the most fluffiest even grind i've ever experienced (with the medium 3 piece anyways).

biohacker,

nattomoto

Not sure what's up with New Vape. Very nice grinder apparently but their site has been down for a while.

I read that folks who made purchases on their website had their credit cards comprised immediately after the purchase. Their site and/or payment system wasn't secure or got hacked.

nattomoto,
Reactions: biohacker
Top Bottom