Herb Grinders

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I love my Santa Cruz shredder, I was double minded spending $50 on a grinder but in the grand scheme of things what does the $20 difference really mean? I rather pay an extra 20 for the best grinder. Quality is great and I get a consistent fluffy grind
Agree!

ataxian,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I've tried so many but the Santa Cruz has so many features from the deeper recess on the lid for more room and less spillage as well as the square fucking teeth that literally fluff the weed.

^These are the reasons I'm enjoying my SCS.

dsc5104g.jpg

Top lid. There is an indent around the lid that makes it easier to tell top from bottom and allows for some grip when lifting the lid. One of the first things I noticed when I first received my SCS was the machined grip of the lid. You can see along with the vertical cuts, there is a horizontal cut, looks almost like the indent a screw would make. Also along the entire surface of the SCS you can see these vertical rings, not sure the purpose but adds to the hole polish of the construction.

dsc5111o.jpg

This is the wall that guides the screen chamber threads together. My older grinder had virtually no wall before the threads started, I would always take a few reverse screws before I could get it from cross threading. The SCS goes together effortlessly and quickly.

dsc5110d.jpg

And this is the bottom chamber, for the keif. It also had vertical cuts like the top along with the rings you see all through the SCS surface, adding extra grip.

I've seen plenty of images posted on the net showing the SCS's teeth so I won't post them, but I couldn't see these fine details on any imges that make the SCS such a pleasure to use.

SD_haze

I think this has only been directly addressed once, briefly (probably because it requires using both the SCS mini & SCS medium/large)

-Is there a consensus that the mini might not work quite as well as the medium or larger sizes? (With the relative load sizes)

The mini has 11 teeth on the female with only 8 on the male part.
The medium has 12 teeth on the female with 15 on the male part teeth(90% more on that end)
That's looking at pictures of the mini @ kultureva and the medium @ planetvape

I typically grind .05 to .4g at once

SD_haze,

Kief

Medicated
-Is there a consensus that the mini might not work quite as well as the medium or larger sizes? (With the relative load sizes)
That would depend on what you would call "working well"... The SCS Mini (40mm) will get the job done faster and shred a bit finer, but can be very hard to get turning if it's too full or if your herb is too sticky. The SCS Mini is NOT the tool for weak or arthritic hands.

With plenty of leverage to hold onto, the SCS Small (53mm) will shred anything with ease. The only problem I've found is the larger square teeth get gummed up easily, it does not shred as well when those clog up and it's a major pain to keep them clear. It's like a knife made with soft steel, you can spend time keeping it sharp or you can cut with a dull blade. Personally, I like my knives to stay sharp for as long as possible, so I went back to using my Space Case.

No need to worry about the number of teeth, they all have the amount they need to function properly.

Kief,

olivianewtonjohn

I think this has only been directly addressed once, briefly (probably because it requires using both the SCS mini & SCS medium/large)

The mini has 11 teeth on the female with only 8 on the male part.
The medium has 12 teeth on the female with 15 on the male part teeth(90% more on that end)
That's looking at pictures of the mini @ kultureva and the medium @ planetvape

I typically grind .05 to .4g at once
I had your same questions but ended up getting the small vs the mini (55mm vs 40mm) because I didnt want to risk it. The mini just didnt look as well designed there are much bigger holes than the small. If you go a page back I posted how to get the small for the same price as the mini.

olivianewtonjohn,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
I absolutely want one of this santa cruz shredder, but in europe its hard to find....

Wolf46,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
How much do you pay for it?
And the taxes for a US shipment are soo expensive?

Wolf46,

b0

Cloudy...
How much do you pay for it?
And the taxes for a US shipment are soo expensive?

It was 67,42$ with shipment to Spain and using the code discount they offer to FC members. I didn't had to pay taxes because the cost of the order was not too much.

b0,

EveryDayAmnesiac

That was my hardest choice. Guess that's reason to order another, ;)

The mini 2 piece looks perfect for on the go, anyone have experience with one of them little guys?

I have a mini 4 piece. It works well but I do wonder if it works AS WELL as the larger ones. I know that my material comes out fluffy and wonderful-looking, either way. The holes in it do seem just a tiny bit too big though. Since I ended up buying a pollen box, I'd probably just buy a two piece, if given another chance. And, I'd probably make it a medium two piece.

EveryDayAmnesiac,

b0

Cloudy...
My choice was a red medium and I'm really happy with it. I think medium is the perfect size if you don't grind a lot of meds, I usually grind for 2 Solo stems.

b0,

EveryDayAmnesiac

I've used mini small and medium, (all 2 piece) and choose the "small" every time~

What is with their labels? I don't see a "small" on their site. I see mini, medium, large, and jumbo. Do people just call the "medium" a "small"? I'm slightly confused.

EveryDayAmnesiac,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ataxian,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Getting nomenclature mixed up with my Space case Collection.
This is because the matching sized piece in my SC collection is the 2 piece small.
Standing corrected now, I say...
It is the medium 2 piece SCS I like over the mini or large~
I have a: {SHARP STONE (1.5"); SMOKE SHOP SPECIAL (2.0"); SPACE CASE (2.25")}
These are 4 part grinders.

The SANTA CRUZ GRINDERS I want to begin collecting.
I want to get the 2 part units.

ataxian,
Reactions: Vitolo

b0

Cloudy...
I already have a medium 4 pcs SCS and love it, but will like to find some way to grind more my meds for the MFLB. Any homemade tips or a better grinder? I wont pay more than 60$ for MFLB's finishing grinder (I think 23$ for shipment is too much) so besides it is there anyway to grind so finelly?

b0,
Top Bottom