Help me finalize my decision? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
I can't imagine you will regret your decision. I have a bunch of vapes, and the Nano is probably the only one that gets used every single day. It's always on and always ready.

justvapin,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

justvapin

Thanks man,

All aboard the hype train! CHOO CHOO!!

I chose burl maple btw...always loved that wood.

<3
A good choice, I love the maple....you will really be impressed by the craftsmanship when you receive it. It is really something.

justvapin,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
It can't come soon enough...
I need a sesh and I rolled a beautiful joint...but I don't wanna smoke it...but I do...ARG!!! Since I quit the ciggies smoking anything just makes me feel guilty :(

<3
Smoking cannabis was a major help when I quit smoking tobacco a few years ago. It helped satisfy my craving for smoke a little bit. Now it's been a year since I quit smoking cannabis, and I could never go back to smoking. The taste alone...

I actually used my E-Nano with my friends bong that he combusts with and it made every strain taste like an ashtray. Yuck. So I can't even use combustion pieces, let alone combust.

You're going to love your nano. The form and function are similar to the Solo with the benefit of on demand pure convection. I only turn my nano off when I leave the house, and that's only because I have pets.

The nano puts out amazing flavor and is actually the main vaporizer that helped me fuck combustion. You will have no problem extracting all the cannibinoids with the nano, it is more than powerful enough.

Since you've been combusting and you are after sedative/indica effects I recommend starting at 6.5. If that is too harsh go lower, or if it's not strong or sedative enough go higher. I usually use mine at 6.75 but I have the screen pushed back a bit so it's almost like mine runs colder than normal.

Shipping is discreet and the return address is Epickai (say it out loud ;)).

Please stop by the E-Nano thread when you get yours, there's lots of helpful people there that gave me a lot of good advice when I was new. It's one of the friendliest threads in this friendly community we call FC.

16jps

Almost 48 hrs since I placed order. No shipping notice as of yet. Maybe it's because I chose an exotic wood. I hope it's in stock :)

In the meantime can anybody give me tips on draw speed and screen placement? Also does it come with replacement screens (do they break/need to be changed often)?

Thanks,

<3

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The screen will already be in your stem. We've been discussing screen depth in the Enron thread. A slow and steady draw for the enano.
I would suggest reading about 20 pages in the enano thread to get yourself up to speed. We've been discussing those very subjects just today.

There is an e-pic included to help with height adjustment. Use the screen the way it is at the beginning. It might work with any adjustment. It's an easy unit to use.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Nice choice! You won't regret it.

There is a thread about e-nano you should read:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/e-nano-from-epicvape.7844/

You find everything you need, i for one pack it lightly (around 2-3mm from screen max after tampering it down but still leaving a free air flow and heater 1mm from the load (not very exotic / quite basic) and a steady not too slow not too fast inhale.
Screen is better to keep it clean, spares help to always be ready to replace it as it starts to clog (in order to clean it)

A way to control shipping/delivery anxiety (before it arives) for me was to read the whole thread (it was a little smaller when I ordered mine :) )

16jps

Thanks for the info!

What's the best way to clean that stem and screen (soaking in rubbing alcohol)? I've been told you can use the resin in your stem for stuff can anyone educate me? I tried making hot chocolate with my solo stem but it didn't get me high. And boy that thing was filthy.

<3

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Thanks man,

All aboard the hype train! CHOO CHOO!!

I chose burl maple btw...always loved that wood.

<3
Maple Burl was my first exotic log, did you read the reviews for that choice on epicvape.com? ;) Everyone loves a log!
It looks like you're nearly decided, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned the niche I became interested in recently. Which is, heat source above the load water vapes such as the Aromed and the RooR or Herborizer and Galaxy Vortex.
They're supposed to be good in that it doesn't cook when you're not drawing from it.
But maybe you're better off without water, and they're a bit bulky.
I felt I didn't need those just yet as I'm very happy with my Volcano (but I realise that probably just suits my type of person!) and my few portables.
Also, I can understand not wanting to pursue some warranty claims and postage, and your desire to try something different after Solo, but if you're ever stuck for a handy portable or backup vape...
I think the Solo warranty lasts a year or two, but the heater element is supposedly covered for lifetime? Just that you said it was the heater element on yours.
They may have already refused cover for all I know but I'll mention it as it would be a shame to see a Solo "terminated"!!
Best of luck with your new device and I'll hope to be getting a prescription myself in the next year or two fingers crossed! It must be great.
I agree the 3 desktop vapes I currently own are the LSV, Errlectric, and UD. The top heaters are definitely beasts!

And on top of that each piece is a unique work of art. No 2 are the same in look, but they all hit hard!
I totally read that as # 2, at first. :lol:

Last edited:

16jps

Also can anyone suggest a good glass piece to vape through? I have a bong but it's stained from years of combustion. I want that clleeeaaannn flavour .

Thanks <3

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds

16jps

I'd love to keep the one I've got it's great and really thick. However I'm not sure if it's possible to get that smoke taste out completely. Though I've never given it a really crazy cleaning. Just the basic alcohol and salt mixture. Can I get the taste out?

Thanks <3

16jps,

16jps

I don't think its violating any rules for me to ask this but can anyone suggest a strain which works well for a mixture of severe stomach cramping/pain and nausea?

Thanks guys <3

16jps,

Mr. Me2

I don't think its violating any rules for me to ask this but can anyone suggest a strain which works well for a mixture of severe stomach cramping/pain and nausea?

Thanks guys <3
I don't know the answer, but...

You may want to post that as a new thread on ask fc... (After confirming it doesn't violate the rules ;))

Isn't there a medical marijuana thread? If so, the answer may be there.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Strains for stomach issues are better suited towards indica. So look for indica style. I'm loving gorilla glue #4 which is a mix.

-

I'm surprised a lot of people voted enano over the Cloud Evo. I have both and I almost never use my E-Nano. My cloud Evo is my daily driver. Only reason I got e-nano was because cloud was in shop.

Don't get me wrong, the enano is incredible. I love that machine as well. I just think the Evo is in a class of its own.

My own personal opinion of course.

newVaper420,
Reactions: StormG94

16jps

Strains for stomach issues are better suited towards indica. So look for indica style. I'm loving gorilla glue #4 which is a mix.

-

I'm surprised a lot of people voted enano over the Cloud Evo. I have both and I almost never use my E-Nano. My cloud Evo is my daily driver. Only reason I got e-nano was because cloud was in shop.

Don't get me wrong, the enano is incredible. I love that machine as well. I just think the Evo is in a class of its own.

My own personal opinion of course.
Interesting. What advantages would you say the evo has over the enano in performance?

16jps,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
The screen will already be in your stem. We've been discussing screen depth in the Enron thread. A slow and steady draw for the enano.
I would suggest reading about 20 pages in the enano thread to get yourself up to speed. We've been discussing those very subjects just today.

There is an e-pic included to help with height adjustment. Use the screen the way it is at the beginning. It might work with any adjustment. It's an easy unit to use.

timely thread (my Herbie Elite stopped heating and is being prepped for RMA)

HELP! :)

I use a lot of concentrates. I would like something superior to these O2 cartridge pen vapes.
Something smooth and easy on the throat, but also capable of cranking up to 428F for THCv.

Something I can use around the house (in between Herbie rounds when it's back on it's feet),
but also travel with (locally). Chargeable FAT batteries.

anyone wanna weigh in? :)

looney2nz,
Reactions: justvapin

Mr. Me2

timely thread (my Herbie Elite stopped heating and is being prepped for RMA)

HELP! :)

I use a lot of concentrates. I would like something superior to these O2 cartridge pen vapes.
Something smooth and easy on the throat, but also capable of cranking up to 428F for THCv.

Something I can use around the house (in between Herbie rounds when it's back on it's feet),
but also travel with (locally). Chargeable FAT batteries.

anyone wanna weigh in? :)
I don't have personal experience, but people here have been raving about the ff2 for concentrates. You may want to check out that thread.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Interesting. What advantages would you say the evo has over the enano in performance?
I've never used one but from my understanding they have bigger chambers, hit harder, and may be better for group use. The hydrotubes are really cool, and the evo can give you that combustion bong experience with thick milky vapor. The nano can handle group use but it is a little more cumbersome, there will be a lot of refilling. I recommend extra stems for a nano if you think you will use it with groups a lot. If everyone has their own stem you can just pass the nano around and everyone gets the full experience of flavor. The nano can milk a bubbler but the evo can handle much bigger sizes from what I understand.

The downsides are it is roughly twice as expensive or more with a hydrotube. It's not truly on demand because it takes a while to warm up, you're not supposed to leave it running 24/7 like the nano, it even has an auto shutoff. It is bigger, heavier, and has a fragile glass core. Most people don't like using it inverted with their water pieces because of this. Being the beast that it is, the evo is much less discreet if you want to leave it out. The nano doesn't take much space and blends right in. I believe the evo is less efficient than the nano and goes through material faster.

This isn't a downside necessarily but the evo is made of plastic with the glass core. The plastic doesn't affect function at all, but I prefer the nano's materials. Wood sleeve, ceramic heater, stainless steel core, and those awesome cork feet. I think the bottom plate might be aluminum?

Again, I've never actually used an evo, so don't take my word for it. I'd love to hear others who have used both chime in.

justvapin

I have both. But there is really no way to compare them. 2 completely different animals. I use and love both of them, but the nano is far more convenient and always on, so gets used more. I get the Evo out when I want to get smashed, as others have posted often here.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

Ok let me preface it by saying (and I already did mention it), that I owned the Cloud first way before the E-Nano. And when I bought it, you needed to buy a hydratube with it, so I have an Evolver Hydratree. Also, quick note, that I chose the Cloud because I was a heavy bong user, and figured this would be the easiest transition for me. (I was right).

That being said, when I had to be without the Cloud for a period of time, I decided I needed a home unit as opposed to using the Pax, so I decided upon the E-Nano. The flavor is there. The quality is there. Vapor production is great. But I just don't have the same experience that I have with the Cloud [Evo]. For instance, I have the all-glass stems with my E-Nano and sometimes I get some particulate matter in my mouth. Once that happens, I'm immediately turned off. Now, that could definitely be user error, but with my Cloud that could / would never happen unless I did something ridiculously stupid.

Secondly, I do have the GonG attachments for my E-Nano, so I tried to pair my hydratube with the E-Nano. I just can not get the same airflow out of the E-Nano that I can with the Cloud (and it obviously makes a lot of sense because the E-Nano has those holes at the bottom of the metal heater) whereas the Cloud is just a straight piece of glass.

That is not to say the E-Nano is not an incredible machine. Andy is top notch, and his company is incredible. Any dealings I ever had with him have been spectacular. Every so often, I do heat up my E-Nano, rip that bad boy, and get a real nice session. The price is incredible.

Different strokes for different folks. Many people (as noted above), prefer the E-Nano to the Evo. I have always been a bong user, and the Cloud Evo was just a natural progression. The E-Nano is more like a bowl if I had to do some sort of comparison.

Edit:

The downsides are it is roughly twice as expensive or more with a hydrotube. It's not truly on demand because it takes a while to warm up, you're not supposed to leave it running 24/7 like the nano, it even has an auto shutoff. It is bigger, heavier, and has a fragile glass core. Most people don't like using it inverted with their water pieces because of this. Being the beast that it is, the evo is much less discreet if you want to leave it out. The nano doesn't take much space and blends right in. I believe the evo is less efficient than the nano and goes through material faster.

I would say that the E-Nano takes far longer to heat up than my Cloud Evo, and I have no way of knowing when my E-Nano is at optimal temperature. I would say neither one of these units are on-demand because leaving them on is not really on-demand. And I do agree that you shouldn't leave the Cloud Evo on, but I do and let the auto-shutoff kick in when necessary. I'm not one of those who trick the auto shutoff. I can wait for it to heat back up.

If my Cloud Evo decided to stop working for any reason, i'd have no hesitation to order another one immediately.

Edit Edit: LOL (about double edit)! I would also say that the efficiency is probably about the same. I pack .1's into both E-Nano and Evo and they both get me ridiculously ripped. I would say the Evo is actually slightly better in that respect to be completely honest.

Last edited:
newVaper420,
Reactions: justvapin
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom