• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Healthy Rips Rogue

vapeape77

Well, I was able to mail out my poor, little and not functioning Rogue, today. So I am hoping it will get there by the end of the week. Thank goodness for the Edge, I will be using it daily until I receive my new functioning Rogue. I love comparing notes with everyone here in FC. You guys and gals are the best!!✌️❤️🖖🥸
I really think I should just order another Edge and wait the Rogue out, it’s so slick anyway

let us know how the new unit goes when you get it🤞🤙

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
@HealthyRips.com hey I just ordered a Rogue on Tuesday direct from y'all. I'm assuming mine will have all updates applied and I shouldn't have any of these issues? Please put my mind at ease lol.
Hi and thank you for your ROGUE order! There was only one issue - we had to adjust the sensitivity settings on our PC Board safety protections to eliminate the false triggers causing some of our first run ROGUE devices to enter protect mode. To resolve this issue, we went through a process of adjusting and testing, and repeating this process until the false triggers were completely eliminated. Safety is one of our top priorities - and we were evidently overly cautious on our first production run. No worries, we can assure you that your ROGUE has been updated :).

Have an amazing day!
Healthy Rips Team

penguinfucker

This thing is amazing! Much smaller than I thought it would be. I have two minor issues that I wonder if anyone else has.

1) After it's done preheating (I've been vaping around 375f), I still can't seem to really get a hit for the next 30 seconds.

2) I love that it has so much airflow, but when I hit it hard it whistles, mildly annoying to the point where I've thought of drilling out the intake to join all the little holes into one big one.

No big deal, just wondering if everyone else's experience is similar. Overall I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

HealthyRippingBrian

This thing is amazing! Much smaller than I thought it would be. I have two minor issues that I wonder if anyone else has.

1) After it's done preheating (I've been vaping around 375f), I still can't seem to really get a hit for the next 30 seconds.

2) I love that it has so much airflow, but when I hit it hard it whistles, mildly annoying to the point where I've thought of drilling out the intake to join all the little holes into one big one.

No big deal, just wondering if everyone else's experience is similar. Overall I'm thoroughly enjoying it!
It was smaller than I expected too haha!

Glad you're enjoying your new vape!

For your first issue are you using the dosing caps or just the bowl?

I found with the caps I need a bit of extra time, I guess it's heating evenly, but I did start raising up to say 10 degrees above what I intended, then back down to my target temp when using the caps.

As for whistling don't pull so hard! 😂🤣

It's your personal preference I'm sure but, I just learned a sweet spot for inhale strength, I find I get nice lengthy draws without having to force air or feel resistance or hear whistling, that's my experience!

Enjoy the clouds!

OF

I too am glad you're enjoying your new vape, it's a good one for sure.

As HRB just said, your experiences are quite normal. That is we all see/experience them. The two cases you cite above are in fact related and are inherent in the design. This is a conduction vape, and as in all similar machines based on a temperature sensor in the heater, not in the load where it matters WRT vapor production. Heat must 'soak' into the load (by conduction). Even though the readout says you're at magic temperature when heating from cold the load is still 'catching up'. This is related to the need for heat soaks between hits (although it's not as long a delay since the load temperature is hotter to start with).

In the second case you need to remember that unlike blazing, where the increased air flow heats the fire up hotter, hard draws pull in more cold air which robs heat from the load that would normally make more vapor. Think about it, vapor production rate is based on how fast replacement heat can soak into the load all you can do with hitting harder is get more but less dense vapor faster. As HRB advises, keep your draw rates low (favoring longer hits) if you want more goodness out. The maker understands this which is why the path is as restricted as it is? It ain't broke, no need to fix anything......

Regards to all.

OF

wattup

Hmm thats interesting. You didn't remove the blue seal or anything right?

My Rogue is raring by the time it hits temperature and I can't say I've heard any whistling, even hitting hard through glass.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Not much I can add on to great info from @OF about why the air holes are so narrow. Always learning new things here!

But I agree @penguinfucker - the sound the air holes make are a bit annoying.
If you are in a quiet environment it can be heard. (It can wake a light sleeper!)
And the faster the draw, the higher the whistle pitch. I think some of us are more prone to be bothered by it than others.

When I first got Fury 2 and again with the Edge, the noise coming from air holes annoyed me enough to mention on their respective threads.
I barely notice it anymore, i don’t believe I have thought about it with the Rogue, so I guess I am used to it.

Slowing down draw like @HealthyRippingBrian and @OF said will help with the noise a bit and also might help you get a bigger first hit.

Last edited:

vapeape77

If it’s like the Edge, start at 400f (edit 390f lol honestly set the thing to c it’s easier to go 10 up down🤙)197c for the first minute and then step it down to 187 rest of session

Btw all, nice thing when pulling through a bubbler is to hear the air sound imo, aka your unit is clean and working well! Now I’ve never actually heard my Edge whistle so could be different on the Rogue….

Last edited:
I researched long and hard for a new portable vape. I currently use the pax 2 and just wanna shoot myself in the face everytime. In the past, I've used the vapor genie (horrible), magic flight launch box (I just wanted to launch it straight into the trash), and a few other less than stellar vapes. And then I came upon the Rogue. Small, simple, partial glass path, quick heat up (virtually on demand), and low resistance draw and a really great price made this an easy choice. Took a few days with free shipping and I am blown away. My biggest learning curve was not to cover up the air holes on the bottom. I had forgotten about those and was confused only for a moment as to why it was suddenly clogged. Anyway this thing rips like a champ and makes me wanna use it everyday. My daily driver is my Epic log vape which I love as well but man this Rogue is just damn near perfect. Soon I'll be ordering the dosing caps. Love this idea.

HealthyRippingBrian

I researched long and hard for a new portable vape. I currently use the pax 2 and just wanna shoot myself in the face everytime. In the past, I've used the vapor genie (horrible), magic flight launch box (I just wanted to launch it straight into the trash), and a few other less than stellar vapes. And then I came upon the Rogue. Small, simple, partial glass path, quick heat up (virtually on demand), and low resistance draw and a really great price made this an easy choice. Took a few days with free shipping and I am blown away. My biggest learning curve was not to cover up the air holes on the bottom. I had forgotten about those and was confused only for a moment as to why it was suddenly clogged. Anyway this thing rips like a champ and makes me wanna use it everyday. My daily driver is my Epic log vape which I love as well but man this Rogue is just damn near perfect. Soon I'll be ordering the dosing caps. Love this idea.
Ahaha yeeah my pinky covered the holes the first few times too.

I found rotating the display helped my clumsy hands not cover the holes haha (Press and hold the Power Button for 3 sec)

Hope it helps!

Welcome to the cool club! 😎🤣

I hope when you get them that you enjoy the dosing caps! They are perfect for on the go, also great if you have a friend or partner sharing, nice to let people have their own cap.

ALSO, I kept a few diff strains in the caps to let someone taste the various flavors.

It's kinda cool!

Enjoy!

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I just got my new replacement Rogue. I am so pleased. It does run a bit hotter, but I made the adjustment to that. So glad she is back home. I use the Rogue every day for pain and PTSD. I am very satisfied I have this incredible machine in my hands, again! Love to all.✌️❤️🖖🥸

wattup

I just got my new replacement Rogue. I am so pleased. It does run a bit hotter, but I made the adjustment to that. So glad she is back home. I use the Rogue every day for pain and PTSD. I am very satisfied I have this incredible machine in my hands, again! Love to all.✌️❤️🖖🥸

Hi Lauri, I'm glad you got your replacement! Is the performance the same as your old one, and when you say run hot is it like how the Edge used to get? I distinctly remember my Edge getting a lot warmer than my Rogue does with same temps/runtimes. My Rogue for anyone who cares, purchased mid june and still going great with daily use. (knock wood :p )

Complexity

I recently had to send my Rogue in as well. I purchased it back when it first came out and it displayed the protect E 08 error about at the end of July. Had it sitting around since then, meaning to send it in. I finally did last week and I got a replacement back super quick.

I did notice a lot more off gassing on this unit than the first one. I did I don't know how many burn offs and when I would inhale it would still taste disgusting.
I really can't tell that much anymore(kinda still smells nearing the end of my capsule). So far that's the only complaint I have. Other than that I love how it performs, the size, discretion, and how clean it is while on the go with the dosing capsules.
Was using my Airvape Legacy while it was out of service and I hated how messy it would get after each bowl.

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
HI and thanks for your post! This is not typical, but once in a great while a unit will have some excess manufacturing residue that needs an extra few burn-offs. You can gently blow through the bottom air intake hole while doing the burn-offs as well. The excess residue might also be on the blue O-ring - remove it and soak it in ISO for 5-10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. After your burn-offs, wipe the SS chamber out with a damp Q-tip. After this process, you should be good to go - although it sounds like you have already taken care of most of it. Otherwise, great to hear that you are loving your ROGUE :)
You can always reach us at: customerservice@healthyrips.com

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team

Last edited:
HI and thanks for your post! This is not typical, but once in a great while a unit will have some excess manufacturing residue that needs an extra few burn-offs. You can gently blow through the bottom air intake hole while doing the burn-offs as well. The excess residue might also be on the blue O-ring - remove it and soak it in ISO for 5-10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. After your burn-offs, wipe the SS chamber out with a damp Q-tip. After this process, you should be good to go - although it sounds like you have already taken care of most of it. Otherwise, great to hear that you are loving your ROGUE :)
You can always reach us at: customerservice@healthyrips.com

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
Are burn-offs or pre-cleaning necessary for the dosing caps as well or are they good to go right out of the plastic tube? Just got the dosing caps and some extra screens today so thought I'd ask.

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Are burn-offs or pre-cleaning necessary for the dosing caps as well or are they good to go right out of the plastic tube? Just got the dosing caps and some extra screens today so thought I'd ask.
It's a good idea to do a couple/few burn offs on any new device or accessory - just like you would with cookware. Also clean/rinse the mouthpiece and all the glass accessories. Then enjoy!

Healthy Rips Team

OF

Can anyone explain to me why I need two different USB C cords to charge my iPad and my Rogue? (Sincere ask, none of mine play nice with each other)
Does anyone know of one that reliably charges both? Or better yet, some specs so I can find one myself.
Actually they're two entirely different cables. Rogue and a bunch of other stuff are 'USB C' which is a higher current connection than 'plain vanilla USB (like on Fury) and uses a shell with connections on the inside of the plug (a female male connector....). Mac stuff uses 'firewire' IIRC. A male connector, slightly smaller than USB C with exposed connections.

Short answer, you need both types, or an adapter at least.

Regards to all.

OF

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Actually they're two entirely different cables. Rogue and a bunch of other stuff are 'USB C' which is a higher current connection than 'plain vanilla USB (like on Fury) and uses a shell with connections on the inside of the plug (a female male connector....). Mac stuff uses 'firewire' IIRC. A male connector, slightly smaller than USB C with exposed connections.

Short answer, you need both types, or an adapter at least.

Regards to all.

OF
My (newish) iPad Air uses USB C, same exact shape as the Rogue USB C. (diff shape than the Fury)
Does this mean that even though they are both USB C, Apple will still always need a different cable?

Last edited:

OF

My (newish) iPad Air uses USB C, same exact shape as the Rogue USB C. (diff shape than the Fury)
Does this mean that even though they are both USB C, Apple will still always need a different cable?
No, if it really has a USB C connector it must also comply with that specification, you're cool?

My iPad is different, not that that matters to you.......

Regards,

OF

OF,
Top Bottom