Healthy Rips Rogue

slerdesan

Oh no! Extremely sorry to hear that....:(:( no experience with that, sorry to reply like I had a solution, but perhaps you could shed some light on your usage habits? was it charging? intrigued. (I'm assuming it's just a situation where unfortunately your unit was in the failure rate percentage?...sorry to hear :( )

I hope Vapefully can help you out, if not maybe HR directly? I'm sure someone's gotta be able to help this person!!
I already talked with Vapefully and I'm sending it back to them today. No word yet what they are going to do with the situation but I asked for a replacement unit straight up. My usage habits are nothing out of the ordinary, I've been using the Rogue only as intended and exclusively with the dosing capsules. It died after I was doing 4 capsules back to back and it turned off and displayed the fatal error message just before I was able to finish the forth. But the device was on for 12 minutes at most and I turned it off after each capsule for about a minute before doing the next one. I think that's not pushing it for a device that's supposed to be the Healthy Rips flagship. Even if the device is starting to overheat it should just turn off and not die completely. I'm sure it was a faulty unit. After cleaning it before sending it back it looks brand new after two weeks of usage. I mostly take good care of my vapes I would say. This is my sixth vape and it's the first one I've had to send back for repair/replacement. My Fury 2 has been going strong for 3 years now and my old Crafty is still alive and kicking after 2 years of pretty heavy use.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@slerdesan - yeah, sounds like you got a faulty unit. It doesn’t sound like you were using it past it’s capabilities- just an unlucky recipient of a lemon.
I am happy Vapefully is taking care of you and hopefully they will just send you a brand new unit so you can quickly forget about the inconvenience.
Glad you brought it up it here so we can keep track of any common/uncommon issues.
Please keep us updated!

Vaping_Casual

Does the Rouge suffer at all from the "robot fart" flavor I was never able to escape with the Fury 2? It was so bad in my unit I had to send the device back despite numerous cleanings, burnoffs, and packed bowls ran through to be rid of it. Tasted like off gassing, cheap faux leather.

I'm looking to get a quick heating, mostly convection device to supplement my GH when it's in the shop (lol). I have a Crafty+ and love it for seshes and passing around, but was considering a quick heater like this for some one offs or to use in tandem with my other devices.

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
My Rogue died (I assume) after just two weeks of use. Won't turn on at all as it always gives the 'Protect 08' error just after slowly reaching 40°C. It was a great vape while it was working. I was just writing an email to Vapefully, where I bought it and thought I should post here before if anyone might have any suggestions? I've seen people got the same error on the Fury Edge. I've had the Fury 2 for two years and it still works flawlessly.
Hi! We’re so sorry to hear you're having an issue with your ROGUE. This is highly unusual considering we only have a 1% defect rate on all of our devices. The protect message is an indicator that your device is experiencing a complication in functionality. We have numerous protections on our devices including: low voltage protection, over voltage protection, over current protection, short circuit protection, open circuit protection, overheat protection, reset protection, lithium polymer battery overcharge & over-discharge protection. We have these protections to ensure our client's safety - better safe than sorry.

No worries, were glad to see that you already contacted Vapefully with instructions for replacement. You can always contact us as well: customerservice@healthyrips.com. We are always here for you!

Healthy Rips Team

Last edited:

Bazinga

Does the Rouge suffer at all from the "robot fart" flavor I was never able to escape with the Fury 2? It was so bad in my unit I had to send the device back despite numerous cleanings, burnoffs, and packed bowls ran through to be rid of it. Tasted like off gassing, cheap faux leather.

I'm looking to get a quick heating, mostly convection device to supplement my GH when it's in the shop (lol). I have a Crafty+ and love it for seshes and passing around, but was considering a quick heater like this for some one offs or to use in tandem with my other devices.
My 2 Edges and new Rogue never had this malady.

HealthyRippingBrian

9hWv3cY.png

slerdesan

Hi! We’re so sorry to hear you're having an issue with your ROGUE. This is highly unusual considering we only have a 1% defect rate on all of our devices. The protect message is an indicator that your device is experiencing a complication in functionality. We have numerous protections on our devices including: low voltage protection, over voltage protection, over current protection, short circuit protection, open circuit protection, overheat protection, reset protection, lithium polymer battery overcharge & over-discharge protection. We have these protections to ensure our client's safety - better safe than sorry.

No worries, were glad to see that you already contacted Vapefully with instructions for replacement. You can always contact us as well: customerservice@healthyrips.com. We are always here for you!

Healthy Rips Team
Thank you for your reply. I actually wanted to contact you about this situation also. At first I tried a bit to resolve the error but after some unsuccessful attempts I determined the best course of action is probably to contact the shop I bought it from. There is also no indication in the manual what the error I was getting actually means. There's just a general about the 'Protect' message and nothing else. At least I'm glad to know I made the right decision by sending the unit in for replacement. I hope Vapefully takes care of it.
I'm glad to hear your devices have a low 1% defect rate. I've had very good experiences in regards to reliability with my Fury 2 so this problem with the Rogue so early on really surprised me. I'm sure it was a bad unit since I've not heard of any other users having their Rogues die on them. The Fury 2 and the Edge have been battle tested already and have proven reliable so I have no doubts in those devices. I hope the Rogue, a much improved device in my eyes, can claim the same standard of reliability over time. The great reliability of the Fury 2 and the Edge have actually convinced me to get the Rogue as soon as it came out, even though it was a completely new device and not battle tested by consumers at all. I hope my replacement Rogue will last me a long time. It's a great device and apart from it dying on me, there's only good things I can say about it. If it actually proves to be a reliable device for me, it's the best value vape on the market right now and I'll gladly recommend it to anyone looking to switch to vaping as their first device.

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Thank you for your reply. I actually wanted to contact you about this situation also. At first I tried a bit to resolve the error but after some unsuccessful attempts I determined the best course of action is probably to contact the shop I bought it from. There is also no indication in the manual what the error I was getting actually means. There's just a general about the 'Protect' message and nothing else. At least I'm glad to know I made the right decision by sending the unit in for replacement. I hope Vapefully takes care of it.
I'm glad to hear your devices have a low 1% defect rate. I've had very good experiences in regards to reliability with my Fury 2 so this problem with the Rogue so early on really surprised me. I'm sure it was a bad unit since I've not heard of any other users having their Rogues die on them. The Fury 2 and the Edge have been battle tested already and have proven reliable so I have no doubts in those devices. I hope the Rogue, a much improved device in my eyes, can claim the same standard of reliability over time. The great reliability of the Fury 2 and the Edge have actually convinced me to get the Rogue as soon as it came out, even though it was a completely new device and not battle tested by consumers at all. I hope my replacement Rogue will last me a long time. It's a great device and apart from it dying on me, there's only good things I can say about it. If it actually proves to be a reliable device for me, it's the best value vape on the market right now and I'll gladly recommend it to anyone looking to switch to vaping as their first device.
Thank you so much for your kind words and support! Vapefully is a great partner - they will take good care of you. Even though our ROGUE is our newest device, we tested numerous prototypes and production units for months to ensure its performance and reliability. There are already a couple thousand ROGUE devices being used by our clients without issues. Unfortunately, as with any electronic device, there can be an uncommon occurrence even with the most reliable platforms. We tend to go a little overboard on the 'protection' mode that you are experiencing - just for the sake of safety. There is probably just a loose temperature probe connection, which is generally the culprit in these rare cases. But again - better safe than sorry :).

All the Best!

Healthy Rips Team

wattup

To test the draw resistance I took a couple of quick draws when I first opened up the box and yeah I could taste the manufacturing haha. Did around 5 burn offs and it was all good.

MagicBuch

Hi. I'm thinking of buying a Fury Edge or a Rouge, but I'm wondering about those silicone O-rings right above the heating chamber. I like the design and how it works, but unfortunetly I don't want to vape silicone rubber even if it's made of food grade silicone. Is there any possibility to attach those Accessories Attachment for Glass, or any other possibility to remake that, so that you don't have to use the silicone o-ring seals?

Shorner

A little more restricted than the Mighty, or the 2020m with one of the two airports closed. Less restricted than a Dynavap with both airports covered. I don’t have anything else to compare it to.
I wouldn't of said it was any where near as restricted as a Dynavap.

Edit..
Sorry read post wrong it is about as restricted as a Dynavap with just 1 airport open.

Last edited:

HealthyRippingBrian

Hi. I'm thinking of buying a Fury Edge or a Rouge, but I'm wondering about those silicone O-rings right above the heating chamber. I like the design and how it works, but unfortunetly I don't want to vape silicone rubber even if it's made of food grade silicone. Is there any possibility to attach those Accessories Attachment for Glass, or any other possibility to remake that, so that you don't have to use the silicone o-ring seals?
Hmm, anyone have more information on this? I mean at max heated temp the o-ring wasn't too hot, and it's seated outside of the oven, but the screen does absorb heat, which must transfer to the silicone, however is it enough to be concerned long term?

Not sure. Silicone does conduct heat well...found some general silicone heat information here. https://www.nes-ips.com/is-silicone-heat-resistant/ but I dunno how much of it applies to our situation lol.

*EDIT* for ME, and my situation, it's still gotta be healthier than hacking up stuffs every morning from regular smoking :rofl:

C No Ego

I only use Fury2 glass attachments that insert down into the bwol chamber ... this is all glass pathway . not sure if they fit in a rogue or not , they do in the edge
DDG image link https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffcm&q=Fury2+glass+attachments&atb=v1-1&iax=images&ia=images

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All, We have had a handful of our ROGUE devices go into this protect mode from our first production run. This is caused by a poor connection on our thermal sensor connection - this should not be a widespread issue. Our manufacturing team has triple checked this connection on our second production run to ensure that this won't happen going forward. If you do have this or any other issue, we are always here for you: customerservice@healthyrips.com :).

Have a fantastic holiday weekend!

Healthy Rips Team

HealthyRippingBrian

Man that sucks :( I'm paranoid this is going to happen to mine, luckily got the Edge on ice if need be. Were you using it any differently or just decided to no longer work?
Well I was just using it as normal, I didn't even clean it recently, but! Whatever the case Healthy Rips is 100% behind their product with solutions! (we're gonna see if fully charging makes a diff) but they are good people in a world full of pretty bad. Customer service lol. 🤣

I feel like they got my back no matter what!
Hi All, We have had a handful of our ROGUE devices go into this protect mode from our first production run. This is caused by a poor connection on our thermal sensor connection - this should not be a widespread issue. Our manufacturing team has triple checked this connection on our second production run to ensure that this won't happen going forward. If you do have this or any other issue, we are always here for you: customerservice@healthyrips.com :).

Have a fantastic holiday weekend!

Healthy Rips Team
And they got everyone's back too! ❤️👍

Thank you healthy rips, I mean stuff happens guys, I still love the product! 🤣

Seriously I dunno if it's the recent experiences with other companies....i sent one contact in and solutions were sent back from healthy rips, there's companies I've had to contact 4 times + and get a supervisor involved.....

Thanks for being straight up and backing your product Healthy Rips!

wattup

Well I was just using it as normal, I didn't even clean it recently, but! Whatever the case Healthy Rips is 100% behind their product with solutions! (we're gonna see if fully charging makes a diff) but they are good people in a world full of pretty bad. Customer service lol. 🤣

I feel like they got my back no matter what!

And they got everyone's back too! ❤️👍

Thank you healthy rips, I mean stuff happens guys, I still love the product! 🤣

Seriously I dunno if it's the recent experiences with other companies....i sent one contact in and solutions were sent back from healthy rips, there's companies I've had to contact 4 times + and get a supervisor involved.....

Thanks for being straight up and backing your product Healthy Rips!

Oh for sure brother. Part of the reason I adopted the Rogue so early was the bullet proof customer service that Healthy Rips are reputed for. The rest was just fucking lovin my Edge alot. I love my Rogue even more and will be upset if I get this Error since we've already formed a solid relationship.

Top Bottom