• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Healthy Rips Rogue

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I love my edge. Workhorse, crafty beater.

There is nothing here that really makes me want to upgrade. Slight improvements. Ever so slightly disappointed with the lack of anything groundbreaking. I'll wait to my edge wears out before buying this. However there might be a new healthy rips by then with a 15mm bowl and a 3500mah battery that is ever so slightly bigger still!

Feels like a new model for the sake of sales.

Edit: A smaller fierce, with replaceable batteries would have got much more excited.

Last edited:

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi! Thank you for your opinion - it is much appreciated! Please allow us to explain our position. We use Lithium Polymer (LiPo) batteries in all of our devices because they are incredibly safe. Lithium Polymer batteries have flexible packaging with aluminum that protects from any kind of explosion or hazardous situation - especially considering users are not constantly handling them. Further, Lithium Polymer batteries must be soldered into the device which also prevents them from being user replaceable.

Conversely, devices with user replaceable batteries, use hard-shelled lithium Ion (Li-ion 18650) batteries that are not designed to stay permanently in place. The act of taking 18650s in and out of devices or chargers can damage the cell's insulating wrapper, compromising the safety of the battery. Users could also replace these batteries with inferior/defective batteries, or mishandle these batteries, potentially causing these types of devices to become unsafe.

We understand that this is controversial and we will not argue these points. As a company and manufacturer, we have simply chosen the safety of Lithium Polymer (LiPo) batteries for your protection and ours. Additionally, our insurance company would not cover our devices if they had replaceable Lithium Ion (Li-ion) batteries.

Please also note that all of our devices carry a one year free replacement warranty and a lifetime 1/2 price replacement warranty that includes battery degradation or manufacturer defect. *Please visit our website for the entire warranty information.

Thank you all for your support!

Healthy Rips Team

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Regarding the lithium polymer batteries you stated they need to be soldered in , if that’s the case why not so with the fierce ? I’m confused by this tbh
Hi - thank you for your question! Yes, we did use a replaceable Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery on our FIERCE. We designed a battery that was soldered to its own PCB that would communicate with the PCB on the device itself. It worked great and we were very excited about it. The issue was with the battery manufacturer. During our R&D and testing phases, our manufacturer was supplying us with batteries that were well made and stable. However, when we went into full production there were far too many batteries that were rejected during our QC (quality control) testing. We reached out to several other battery manufacturers as well, but they were unable to do any better. Through vigorous and tedious testing, we were able to approve the batteries we needed to complete the limited FIERCE units that we had produced, and also have inventory for user replacements. The bottom line is that our devices have less than a 1% defect rate - and we realized that with the inconsistencies of the FIERCE battery, it would be too difficult to maintain our standard with that device.

We hope that this answers your question and helps you understand our goal to manufacture the safest, the most reliable, and the best performing devices on the market - without costing you an arm and a leg. We are extremely confident that our new ROGUE is an amazing addition to our current device lineup.

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team

noorderlicht

dear HRT, I am a very happy F2 user. the little dude will turn 3 yo in few months so, even if the furious one is still working very well, I will totally consider this newcomer as a good upgrade/replacement. I am only concerned it will be very difficult to catch the rogue in Europe.
while checking your website I noticed most of the distributors for EU are located in UK. sadly enough they went out of EU in Jannuary and any shipment from UK just became insanely expensive. import fees also will not help at all.
when they are not located in UK they are out of stock for your products and this is also the only reason I did not upgrade yet to the edge.
are you going to expand a bit the distribution for EMEA?
do you think we will have a video intruduction available soon for the rogue? I have to admit it really got my attention. it seems like it will fix few things that were limitating a small unit like the F2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Owning a Fury 2 and a Snap (Fury clone), I’ve always admired HR’s contribution to this forum and community and the detail and honesty they provide. I passed on both the Edge and Fierce since I essentially had 2 Furies and I’ve been looking for something new recently. Maybe the Rogue will satisfy a touch of VAS post 4/20 as I’ve recently noticed some online shops are out of stock in lots of vapes. And the price is certainly VERY good for an opening salvo/launch. I don’t doubt it will sell well. Hmmmm... :peace:

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi! Sorry for the late reply - we've been crazy busy! Yes the heater in our ROGUE is more powerful than our FURY EDGE. We overbuild the heaters in our devices and then power them down with the PCB configuration so that they match the temperature on the display. If we didn't do this, our devices would easily combust the material - and we definitely don't want that :).

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team

Last edited:

maremaresing

Perhaps I missed it, but are there any pictures of the rogue next to the fury 2 and other commonly understood sized objects? Trying to get an idea of it's size.

I really don't need a Rogue, I have lots of great vapes, and I don't like that finish. But watch me buy one anyway...

Fukinternet

I understand the issue with QC for the batteries but i’m a bit disappointed. Battery swapping was super important to me as my fury 2’ battery wasn’t enough for a big night. Being able to swap batteries is a huge reason that the fierce is my main driver even though my second fierce’s batteries are starting to swell up again (had to send the first one in when a battery became stuck permanently). If it at least had pass through charging i would be ok but no pass through and no battery swap makes it hard to go for the new model for a heavy user

Manity

I own 3 fierce units! I find I have solved most of my battery swelling issues with using a 1A charger and taking the battery off when charged. Hope they solved the screen burn in issues also with their new Rogue.

While I love HR and my fierce, this unit doesn't seem like a Fierce upgrade to me. This is an Edge upgrade imho as it's not user replaceable battery and the previous Fierce accessories are now useless if you upgrade coming from the Fierce and have lots of accessories (which I have). Which is ok if you want those features... I understand why they did this from a business standpoint and cost perspective but let's call it like it is. This is no Fierce upgrade its a Edge upgrade, which is totally ok.

I'll wish HR luck with their Rogue but I'll be passing until I can truly upgrade my fierce which I still Love to this day. If I wanted non user replaceable I'd use my Mighty.

The support which I received during the warranty period from HR for the battery issue and a button issue was absolutely exceptional with my Fierce! I'll definitely buy from them again in the future if they make a user replaceable option for battery.

chillmike

I'm just hoping and praying that it doesn't have the same heating/temp fluctuations problem that the Fierce infamously had due to it's bigger chamber... I know they probably focused on that in it's creation, but you never know. I personally love the size of the Edge's chamber, but if this one turns out well, I'll probably end up needing to get one of these as well.... So glad their continuing the trend with the edge and not continuing the stem into the chamber thing like Airizer's. Definitely smart to keep to the Edge glass stem adapter, especially due to the interchangeablility with Dynavap stems and so much more (you guys see the the new Simrell MVS fits natively into the Edge!? That means the Rogue too!) But yeah, definitely still a little concerned about that bigger chamber/temp fluctuation issue. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Vibiojj83

Won’t it be the same size as the Fierce? Or at least very close in size. That’s what I’ve come to understand. We’ll see. Watching and waiting... :peace:
Well, they posted the dimensions. If anyone has the dimensions of the old Fierce, you could compare.

Hi! Sorry for the late reply - we've been crazy busy! Yes the heater in our ROGUE is more powerful than our FURY EDGE. We overbuild the heaters in our devices and then power them down with the PCB configuration so that they match the temperature on the display. If we didn't do this, our devices would easily combust the material - and we definitely don't want that :).

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
@HealthyRips.com Could you guys do some unit testing to see if 450°f, or even 440°f would be viable? Obviously you are too close to launch to make changes, but if it's possible, we could get a firmware update through a private requestable link.

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
I'm just hoping and praying that it doesn't have the same heating/temp fluctuations problem that the Fierce infamously had due to it's bigger chamber... I know they probably focused on that in it's creation, but you never know. I personally love the size of the Edge's chamber, but if this one turns out well, I'll probably end up needing to get one of these as well.... So glad their continuing the trend with the edge and not continuing the stem into the chamber thing like Airizer's. Definitely smart to keep to the Edge glass stem adapter, especially due to the interchangeablility with Dynavap stems and so much more (you guys see the the new Simrell MVS fits natively into the Edge!? That means the Rogue too!) But yeah, definitely still a little concerned about that bigger chamber/temp fluctuation issue. Fingers crossed.
Hi, Thank you for your input! There aren't any temperature fluctuations on our ROGUE - we learned a valuable lesson from our Fierce. We spent several months building and testing ROGUE prototypes and making adjustments to ensure that we would get the hardware and PCB dialed in perfectly. We also designed our ROGUE with our FURY EDGE owners in mind - all the glass accessories are interchangeable.

@HealthyRips.com Could you guys do some unit testing to see if 450°f, or even 440°f would be viable? Obviously you are too close to launch to make changes, but if it's possible, we could get a firmware update through a private requestable link.
Hi, Thank you for your question! We are comfortable with a max temperature of 430°F. Anything higher than that runs a risk of combustion, and that would defeat the purpose of a DHE (Dry Herb Extraction) device :).

In the next couple of days, we will be posting pictures of our ROGUE, FURY EDGE, and FURY 2 next to each other for size comparison.
For now - here are the dimensions of all or our current devices:
FURY 2: 81 x 50 x 27.3mm
FURY EDGE: 90.5 x 51.8 x 27.4mm
ROGUE: 92.5 x 57.8 x 30.1mm

Happy 420!

Healthy Rips Team

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
DHE (Dry Herb Extraction) device
Not looking for a response from HR on this but just wanted to say that I am ALL for rebranding the name of the instruments with which we fuck combustion.
It’s the first time I have seen it and hope this term catches on so that this specific industry can get the attention, respect (and $$) it deserves instead of being bucketed/penalized in with all “vapes”.
It’s kind of a mouthful, but DHE is one less syllable than vaporizer, so there’s that.
This is probably a topic that deserves (or possibly already has) its own thread, and don’t want to derail the ROGUE thread, but just used my Edge and felt chatty. :)

Top Bottom