• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I'm not enjoying the experience of cleaning the F2 mouthpiece. What bothers me is the white residue that remains after soaking it in iso alcohol. Do you think that PBW would do a better job? Thanks
Don't soak the standard MP at all. Just use ISO on q-tips or similar. I've never soaked the entire thing but thought about it, and after reading suggestions herein NOT to I won't. I've used q-tips with ISO and it works fine - just let air dry for some time. Voila! :peace:

OF

I'm not enjoying the experience of cleaning the F2 mouthpiece. What bothers me is the white residue that remains after soaking it in iso alcohol. Do you think that PBW would do a better job? Thanks

Do not soak the plastic parts in ISO, it will casue white residue....... And eventually ruin the plastic. Quick wipes only (then dry immediately).

Yes, i KNOW (since I've done both solvents and detergents) a good wash in PBW will do better. As will a ride through the dishwasher for that matter.

You didn't find instructions/advice to soak the plastic parts anywhere did you?

OF

Vape Dr.

I've seen some comments of people saying the Fierce is under powered?
These were some YouTube videos and comments.

Does anyone here on FC feel the Fierce is under powered?
I personally think it has plenty of power but I want to know what you all think?

How are all of you enjoying your Fierce?
What's your favorite method of extraction?

OF

I personally think it has plenty of power but I want to know what you all think?

How are all of you enjoying your Fierce?
What's your favorite method of extraction?

Plenty powerful for me, I'm a sipper basically OK with Fury 2. Fierce is more than needed so I usually use your 'two screen' technique (with reduced loads). I can see how Cloud Chasers might be able to overrun the heater, but not an issue with me.

Shouldn't this be asked on the FIERCE thread?

OF

porlex

I've followed these instructions http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/healthy-rips-fury.24408/page-28#post-1172574
Maybe soak was a poor choice of word... I do quick dips with the mouthpiece parts, no longer than 1'. Only the glass cylinder is left in iso for a longer period because it gets very dirty.
The white residue only appears at the top of the mouthpiece (where you draw from) and I can get most of it off scraping with a toothpick.
Do you think PBW will get rid of the white residue and clean the other parts of the mouthpice as well as the iso alcohol?
Thanks

porlex,
Reactions: OF

OF

I've followed these instructions http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/healthy-rips-fury.24408/page-28#post-1172574
Maybe soak was a poor choice of word... I do quick dips with the mouthpiece parts, no longer than 1'. Only the glass cylinder is left in iso for a longer period because it gets very dirty.

Do you think PBW will get rid of the white residue and clean the other parts of the mouthpice as well as the iso alcohol?
You mean these instructions?

Separate the O-ring from the screen and soak them both in ISO alcohol. After soaking - brush them using ISO alcohol - then rinse with water.
Dampen a Q-tip with ISO alcohol and swipe out the chamber & glass mouthpiece. Repeat as necessary. Do NOT drip any ISO or any other liquids into the chamber.
You can submerge the mouthpiece in ISO to clean it - but do not let it soak in the ISO.

Notice it says you can soak the ring (silicone rubber) and screen (Stainless Steel) but not the MP? Important distinction. Not even for a minute. Nor does it tell you to separate out the glass piece for special treatment (IMO MP disassembly is not intended nor well advised, stuff will get damaged and it's not really needed).

The white stuff is chemicals leached from the plastic, chemicals added to protect it and give it the properties we want (typically softeners and anti cracking agents). They are not real deposits, more like a coat of paint at this point, you'll need to remove them mechanically (try a 'Scotchbrite' pad or even fine steel wool with soap and water?). It will not dissolve in PBW or any detergent, that's not how detergents work. Detergents loosen junk's grip on the surface, like food on dishes or dirt in your clothes, so they can be rinsed clean away, not by dissolving them and everything nearby as solvents do.

I've already given my views and experience with PBW, no need to repeat?

Don't soak the plastic in ISO, wipe the glass part with damp buds as directed when needed. I prefer not using a solvent at all here, just washing the assembly in water and detergent does the job for me.

OF

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Yep, that's my advice......and the makers?

And rinse/dry promptly.

OF

Ok...thought "Bud" was a typo. Not sure I'd use my herb to clean anything like that. Once you use the damp herb/nug to clean the glass I guess you dry it out and vape it?

So just to be clear .... you dampen a nug, use it to wipe the glass, and then rinse/dry the glass with something after?

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
The white stuff is chemicals leached from the plastic, chemicals added to protect it and give it the properties we want (typically softeners and anti cracking agents). They are not real deposits, more like a coat of paint at this point, you'll need to remove them mechanically (try a 'Scotchbrite' pad or even fine steel wool with soap and water?). It will not dissolve in PBW or any detergent, that's not how detergents work. Detergents loosen junk's grip on the surface, like food on dishes or dirt in your clothes, so they can be rinsed clean away, not by dissolving them and everything nearby as solvents do.

I got the same white stuff on my mouthpiece after a pretty quick swab with some 70% iso wipes, can confirm you'll need to mechanically scrub it off.

OF

Ok...thought "Bud" was a typo. Not sure I'd use my herb to clean anything like that. Once you use the damp herb/nug to clean the glass I guess you dry it out and vape it?

So just to be clear .... you dampen a nug, use it to wipe the glass, and then rinse/dry the glass with something after?

No. Cotton bud is the correct name in British English (what most of the world uses.....) for what we call 'Q-tips' (which is a registered brand name, like crescent wrench). The correct American English terms is 'cotton swab' which wouldn't make sense either?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_swab

You're welcome to try buds of herb if you wish, but I'll stick to a bit of cotton on a stick.....

I got the same white stuff on my mouthpiece after a pretty quick swab with some 70% iso wipes, can confirm you'll need to mechanically scrub it off.

That's what I said all right. I know of no solvent that will dissolve it and not further attack the plastic. Some types of plastic are 'safe' with ISO, Poly carbonate (what I think we have here, the stuff you make safety glasses from) is not among them. Nor is Acrylic, the stuff MFLB stems are made from (the ones we're told not to soak in ISO.....). The sort that is used to make bottles for ISO is, of course, OK.

It should be a soft deposit, easy to scrub off. The plastic hopefully will not be too compromised. You obviously had no luck with more ISO wipes?

Fast swabs only work if you immediately either wash it away (with water) or leave a very thin film that 'instantly' evaporates away. Left in contact with the plastic, it doesn't matter much how it got there.

OF

Edit: Another scrubber of sorts worth considering is paper towel. The really primitive kind (rough) like you'd find in public rest rooms, not your kitchen. At this level they can be quite coarse but not stiff enough to mar the plastic. Use fresh parts of the towel as the fibers break down (and foul) in use. Keep it damp with soap and water.

Regards to all.

OF

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
No. Cotton bud is the correct name in British English (what most of the world uses.....) for what we call 'Q-tips' (which is a registered brand name, like crescent wrench). The correct American English terms is 'cotton swab' which wouldn't make sense either?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_swab

You're welcome to try buds of herb if you wish, but I'll stick to a bit of cotton on a stick.....
OF

This isn't the first time I've interpreted something through my USA centric blinders and this definitely won't be the last. Glad to have the clarity that "bud" meant cotton/q-tips not herb. Thanks OF.

OF

This isn't the first time I've interpreted something through my USA centric blinders and this definitely won't be the last. Glad to have the clarity that "bud" meant cotton/q-tips not herb. Thanks OF.

Easy enough to do for sure. HR had just used "Q-ti"', which I quoted, a more accurate (even if whimsical) term seemed in order? For sure saying 'cotton swab' would have caused confusion as well?

We tend to get sloppy, using brand names when we don't mean that specific thing. We say 'Hoover' when we mean vacuum cleaner (there are lots of brands....), Crescent wrench when we mean 'adjustable end wrench' and so on. FWIW the Europeans (who don't use 'wrench' like we do, or 'spanner' like the Brits) call such things 'keys' for what seems logical reasons to me.......they therefore call a 'Crescent wrench' by their name........'the English Key'. It fits all those non standard (not metric) nuts and bolts you see. Found on stuff built by the English.

BTW, didja know the Brits classify their end wrenches not like we do by the opening, but rather the bolt body that size nut would be on? 1/2 and 9/16 inch wrenches are huge over there. Here they fit handily in a back pocket.

That's OK, when I was a lad we called such Crescent wrenches 'universal metrics'.

Fun world.

OF

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
It should be a soft deposit, easy to scrub off. The plastic hopefully will not be too compromised. You obviously had no luck with more ISO wipes?

Yes it's fairly easy to scrub it without scratching the plastic. I tried with more iso followed by a quick rinse with soapy water but it did absolutely nothing.

Fast swabs only work if you immediately either wash it away (with water) or leave a very thin film that 'instantly' evaporates away. Left in contact with the plastic, it doesn't matter much how it got there.

Learned the lesson, plastic and iso aren't friends. I'll just go with PBW the next time.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
For sure saying 'cotton swab' would have caused confusion as well?

The only two things I've ever called them are "q-tips" and "cotton swabs". The latter would have made perfect sense to me.
When you said "wipe it with a bud", my brain went straight to wiping it with a nug of bud(herb). I've never heard of cotton swabs being called "buds". Interesting.

Oh, and back to the conversation at hand...I've always cleaned my plastic mouthpiece out with a 91% iso soaked swab once I've dissembled it (I take the glass out and wash in my jar of everclear that I wash all my stems into, with plans to one day reduce it to a tincture), and I haven't experienced any discoloration yet.

LesPlenty

Company Rep

my brain went straight to wiping it with a nug

That was a good laugh, cotton buds and shifters here in Aus, I had never heard of a Q-tip until I started vaping and reading it here!
I will now stop using ISO in a jar in my ultrasonic cleaner for the mouthpiece, I will still dismantle it though, but just chuck it in the ultrasonic with just water from now on(I only ever cleaned with ISO for 1 minute).:tup:

OF

I will now stop using ISO in a jar in my ultrasonic cleaner for the mouthpiece, I will still dismantle it though, but just chuck it in the ultrasonic with just water from now on(I only ever cleaned with ISO for 1 minute).

Your call, of course, but you might try a few drops of detergent in that 'just water'. It helps the process two ways, first it helps the solution 'whet' the surface of the contamination ('oil and water don't mix'....). Improving the contact there improves the transfer of energy and therefore aids cleaning. Secondly, by immediately whetting the surface of the plastic/glass it prevents the contamination just broken loose from sticking at some other spot.

In the 'shop ultrasonic sinks' I used when working for a living, you always added detergent (often soap from the rest room.....) to the bath to help couple to the beakers/jars with the solvent and your parts in to clean. Things work better if the water doesn't 'bead up' at the micro level.

Here at home I use a few drops of 'Joy' dish washing 'soap' used in the kitchen on dishes.

Easy enough to try, nearly as easy to reverse if you decide it's not for you?

OF

Petrolhead

Someone who try to disassemble the main vape ? ;)
any instractions somewhere ? mine the air flow is less than the first days - weeks...
I mean the "ffffsssssssssss"... lost in time, punisher needs a deep clean

OF

any instractions somewhere ? mine the air flow is less than the first days - weeks...

Not advised, the unit is not designed for it and PIU's 'teardown' was destructive:
https://blog.puffitup.com/2018/01/fury-2-teardown-new-year-new-vape-destruction/

And, of course, it blows your warranty big time.

You might try a warranty replacement with HR, or take advantage of their half price replacement deal?

OF

CVC4455

Check the air holes on the bottom. Once I had to get a pin to clean them out alittle cause some lint or whatever got in there.

toodamfast

So this is my first post on FC. I wanted to start by saying what a great community this is. I picked up a Grindhouse Shift as my first vape and it is a perfect fit for me. I live in an unfriendly state and my next door neighbor is a cop. My wife is just barely okay with my choice of medication and I also have two young children. I've had chronic back pain for the last year and nothing has helped. After months of physical therapy, nerve ablation in my lower spine, and numerous prescription pain meds, I decided to try herb. I had used it recreationally years ago but it was not something I did on a regular basis. I started with a cheap pipe for the first few months and I began to hate the taste and how much it hurt my lungs. I purchased a bong and found that it was not efficient and the taste really was not that much better. I started researching vapes and spent hours and hours looking for the right one for me. I was set on a Fury 2 when someone pointed out the price of the Shift was about half. Money is tight so I went for the rebrand and after my first month, here are my thoughts on it.
I am clumsy when medicated so I wanted something that could take a drop or two without breaking and the Shift is extremely durable. I also wanted something I could easily pocket if one of my kids happen to wake up (I only use it after they go to bed). I use it solo so the oven size and battery are not an issue. I pop it on a battery pack and let it charge in my stash box. I have to charge my battery pack about once per week but it does shut off when the vape is charged and prevents screen burn-in. I do like the OLED screen. It is nice to be able to set an exact temp and know when it hits that temp. I also like the 4-minute session timer. It is just the right amount for me. I also like how low the maintenance is. I brush out the oven and filter screen once per night and it still looks like new. The reduction in the smell is a huge benefit for me. I still stand by the back door and blow my vape outside to prevent any smells in the house but now I don't worry that my neighbor will notice. The best part of this vape (or vaping in general as I don't own other vapes) is the taste. Not only does it not taste bad, it actually tastes really good. It is something I find myself looking forward to. I know many FC readers will say "You think that taste great, you need to buy xyz vape, it is so much better", but I think I have found my perfect vape. I also stopped grinding as just popping a nug in the oven is so much cleaner and easier. This thing extracts my herb so evenly that grinding was an unnecessary step. My AVB is adding up and I also look forward to making some edibles.
I'm so happy to have found something that helps my pain and is also enjoyable to use. Thanks again to this community and its fantastic contributors.

Top Bottom