• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

wattup

Wanted to post my oven cleaning technique, for anyone interested.

I heat up empty oven (anything over 400 is good). I then alternate between an ISO soaked cotton swab (wood stems give more leverage for the more stubborn stains) and a water soaked swab. Be careful not to put your fingers too close to the oven as steam from water can burn!

I have been really lazy with cleaning my Edge, I was much more diligent with my F2. And I rarely use dosing caps, so the oven was pretty dirty.

After about 10 minutes of cleaning I wiped away most of the discoloration. After another couple of heat sessions - it is mostly shiny. I’m sure if I really wanted to take the time, I could make it pristine but it’s good enough for me as is.

Hey Jill, cool clean up picture, came out looking nice. Did you notice any noticeable draw resistance increase over time as you used the edge without the capsules? Some of the gunk and debris must settle down in the element/airpath and not being able to see exactly whats going on kind of irks me.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hey Jill, cool clean up picture, came out looking nice. Did you notice any noticeable draw resistance increase over time as you used the edge without the capsules? Some of the gunk and debris must settle down in the element/airpath and not being able to see exactly whats going on kind of irks me.
The only time I have ever noticed draw resistance is when the top screen is extra dirty (or I inadvertently put my fingers on the holes while drawing). I have never had an issue that a cleaning didn’t resolve. The HR vapes are just super easy to maintain even without being able to directly clean the air path.

thrl

Hi! Thank you for your post! We have been using the 'rubberized' finish on our devices for years. We have had very few issues, especially considering the high volume, but we are always looking for ways to improve our devices. We are seriously considering changing the finish to an acrylic paint (non-toxic of course) that would be more durable over the long term. We would very much appreciate all of your input in this important decision that we face.

Thank you in advance!
Healthy Rips Team
hello,
is there any news about the new coating - or a refresh/revision of the Edge?
the paint of my old one is peeling away, so I want to get another one and give my old one to a friend. It would be cool to get the next one with the improved coating.

3l3tric

Hi all! I've just about decided to get one of these guys for mainly solo on-the-go use with the dosing caps. I tend to prefer smaller loads (.075-.1g) at lower temps (360-380°F) so it sounds like this unit will handle my needs pretty well, and the price point is kinda wild for a vape like this. The stealthiness is a huge plus too, as well as the smell cover.

So far I'm planning on picking up the unit with WPA and 3D flow stem (for home use), as well as at least 1 pack of dosing caps (probably 2 total in the end for 2 tubes), some 3mm borosilicate glass beads (for the stock mouthpiece and to use as dosing cap filler), as well as the bent glass F2 mouthpiece (for flavor chasing home microdosing) and a small case. Are there any other recommended accessories/mods I should consider to improve performance/usability?

Also, would this be the best device for my use case/budget? I'm wanting a device that's good with small loads (under .1g) that can has a fast heat up time and can be used pretty stealthily (like how this vape looks like a standard nicotine device with the standard mouthpiece) and is compatible with dosing caps (so I never have to deal with loose leaf on the go). In my research it seems like this is the best device to suit those needs at this price point, but I'm open to other device suggestions if something else would serve me better.

Thanks in advance for any advice/recs! I'm excited to get my hands on one of these to experience it for myself.

Last edited:

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Hi all! I've just about decided to get one of these guys for mainly solo on-the-go use with the dosing caps. I tend to prefer smaller loads (.075-.1g) at lower temps (360-380°F) so it sounds like this unit will handle my needs pretty well, and the price point is kinda wild for a vape like this. The stealthiness is a huge plus too, as well as the smell cover.

So far I'm planning on picking up the unit with WPA and 3D flow stem (for home use), as well as at least 1 pack of dosing caps (probably 2 total in the end for 2 tubes), some 3mm borosilicate glass beads (for the stock mouthpiece and to use as dosing cap filler), as well as the bent glass F2 mouthpiece (for flavor chasing home microdosing) and a small case. Are there any other recommended accessories/mods I should consider to improve performance/usability?

Also, would this be the best device for my use case/budget? I'm wanting a device that's good with small loads (under .1g) that can has a fast heat up time and can be used pretty stealthily (like how this vape looks like a standard nicotine device with the standard mouthpiece) and is compatible with dosing caps (so I never have to deal with loose leaf on the go). In my research it seems like this is the best device to suit those needs at this price point, but I'm open to other device suggestions if something else would serve me better.

Thanks in advance for any advice/recs! I'm excited to get my hands on one of these to experience it for myself.
The 3d hula stem, WPA and capsules are what I got with my Edge. I don't really want/need anything else. The stem is terrific and provides great cooling. I'm not interested in the bubbler since I feel it takes away from the vapor and I have a Mobius sidecar knockoff if I want to pass it thru water.

The Edge is great and I have no regerts. :p I mostly use my Omni and Dynavaps daily, but when out and about the Edge comes with. The capsules work just like you'd think they would for microdosing and easier cleaning, but they are a little more work to deal with. That's one of several reasons I prefer my Omni for daily usage.

The Edge is a very nice choice. Good luck!

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@3l3tric (tricky handle, took me a few times to figure out the “L”)
i think you are making a great choice with the Edge. I think for your usage, it is the right one to get.
I am more partial to the bent stem vs the 3-d one, but they are both very good at cooling down, so you can’t go wrong with either/both.
And I leave the bent stem in and just twist it inward when traveling (I use the Davinci micro case and it fits snuggly with bent stem but Not the native mp)
Since you are planning on using the dosing caps often, you may want to look at this as well, although definitely not necessary.
https://delta3dstudios.com/fury-edge-capsule-caddy/ (you need the full kit if you don’t have a jyarz classic).

Attachments

• 1629737467821.jpeg
    1629737467821.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 20

Pistol Pete

This cooling wand is the only way I use it at home, thanks to DDave! Smooth, cool and tasty too. If I travel l use this case.

This cooling wand is the only way I use it at home, thanks to DDave! Smooth, cool and tasty too. If I travel l use this case.
Were are my pictures uh

Pistol Pete,

Zipford

I have been happily using my Fury Edge since June, but notice that lately I get the "almost fully vaped" popcorn taste even when using lower temps with fresh bud. Frankly the taste doesn't bother me a ton, but I do prefer the terpy/green flavor when using low temps. I have exclusively used the stock mouthpiece and dosing caps.

I used iso to clean the Edge following the usual instructions, but it seems like the chamber, silicone o-ring and mouthpiece all still have a noticeable popcorn smell, especially the o-ring (which is also slightly discolored). The chamber looks brand new, as you would expect using only dosing capsules, but also retains the smell. When I used it after cleaning, the popcorn smell was reduced but still there.

The answer could be as simply as giving it a more vigorous cleaning and a longer soak of the o-ring in iso, but has anyone else experienced this and resolved the smell? I've only cleaned the o-ring twice: once with soap and water a few weeks back and once soaked in iso for 10 minutes and then soap and water.

Can anyone confirm 100% that the WPA and the 3D Stem sold by POTV for the One will work properly for the Edge? Any fit issues at all? I know for fact that the POTV dosing capsules do work for the Edge and I’m very happy with them but just want to get solid confirmation from someone with actual positive experience before I buy the WPA and 3D.

vapeape77

Can anyone confirm 100% that the WPA and the 3D Stem sold by POTV for the One will work properly for the Edge? Any fit issues at all? I know for fact that the POTV dosing capsules do work for the Edge and I’m very happy with them but just want to get solid confirmation from someone with actual positive experience before I buy the WPA and 3D.
I was looking into this as well since the POTV attachments are a good deal, but the water pipe perks for the One don’t look good to me.
I just bought these instead
code SPV15 got me a few bucks off on the dyna glass stem, the color ones fit the Edge

Edit
ps here is my current ripper. 30 bucks total, easy setup to clean and can add ice, plus rainbow straw!

Last edited:

vapeape77

Here is my grilling setup, lol I love these straws
I’m on a roll now, beach setup is my true fav as the old mflb dart with the small amount of air thru the cork knocks me out with some earthy buds
Anyway you can get the point my combination keep growing!

Last edited:

vapeape77

Knewt

At last it arrived!!! Bubblermax for Edge or Rogue. Very happy with the fit on the Edge for such a decent bubbler! Already rigged it to fit a mouthpiece for my crafty++ I’m waiting on…..
Can you tell me what the outside diameter of the tube being inserted into the Edge is? Or can someone confirm that this bubbler will fit the POTV ONE?

vapeape77

Can you tell me what the outside diameter of the tube being inserted into the Edge is? Or can someone confirm that this bubbler will fit the POTV ONE?
He implies something about it working with the ONE in this video at 7:50 “a little differently”. I’d ask Sneaky Pete how it fits

I have ridged this little beast up to 4 different vapes, kills it every time. I like to turn it on the wide side of the Edge when it’s not standing for good grip on the vape

Knewt

He implies something about it working with the ONE in this video at 7:50 “a little differently”. I’d ask Sneaky Pete how it fits

I have ridged this little beast up to 4 different vapes, kills it every time. I like to turn it on the wide side of the Edge when it’s not standing for good grip on the vape
Thanks for the link, down below the video there is a description of what was said, and this statement:

“While this Bubblemax will work with the Healthy Rips Fury Edge or the Rogue, you can also use it with the Planet of the Vapes One, although the accessory mount is shaped differently, so it doesn’t sit in there quite as nice.”

vapeape77

Thanks for the link, down below the video there is a description of what was said, and this statement:

“While this Bubblemax will work with the Healthy Rips Fury Edge or the Rogue, you can also use it with the Planet of the Vapes One, although the accessory mount is shaped differently, so it doesn’t sit in there quite as nice.”
Oh nice🤙 It’s definitely the highest quality piece I’ve bought for $30. Seems the taste shines through better with this than my regular sized bubblers. Way better than most minis, the splash guard and wide percs put its performance top notch.

3l3tric

I finally pulled the trigger on ordering one of these, so expect a lot of impressions posts and such in a week or so. I ended up getting the bent stem as the free add-on, a pack of the dosing caps, and a 3D stem alongside the unit. I suspect the whip adapters I got with my DDave for ExQ will fit the accessory attachment as well, and if so that'll give me a WPA for 14mm and 18mm pieces. At some point later down the road I'm planning on picking up the fury2 stem a couple of members recommended for microdosing, but figured it wouldn't get enough use immediately to justify adding it on right now.

In short, I should have a lot to experiment with once this unit comes in :spliff: I'm really hoping the 3-day turnaround a lot of members have mentioned holds up for me as well, I've already got that incoming package anticipation hehe.

I'm thinking once the unit comes in and I do the standard burnoffs/initial charging, I'll probably run my first couple of bowls with just flower in the bowl without caps to give myself the best first impression and see just how powerful this guy can be, then move to the caps later to see how they compare. Reading through the thread it sounds like cap extractions end up being more mellow overall, so we'll see if my experience matches.

Thanks again to everyone who gave advice in this and the rogue thread, after owning a couple of pretty subpar portables years ago I'm really excited to dip my toes into a respected unit like this.

3l3tric

Just received my unit in the mail, and first impressions are...

Wow, THIS is what vaping was always supposed to be?!?!? I think the slow extraction must just be messing with me, but it seems like this unit handles medium loads around .15g way better than even my exq. The vapor productions tends to be on the low n slow side (mainly going heavy clouds if you're shining a flashlight through a fully packed 430deg bowl) but it's VERY effective vapor, very flavorful. I've alternated mainly between the bent stem and 3d flow stem so far, the 3d flow tending to be my preferred option for dry use while the bent stem with a small piece of whip attachment works well as an impromptu 14mm water adapter (unfortunately the 14mm adapter I have already is a bit too small ;.;).

Overall, I'm beyond impressed with this unit so far. I did go ahead and do a multi-cycle burnoff, alongside blowing in air from my exq turned down to 100deg, and that got pretty much all the plastickey flavor out, but there's still a slight off flavor to the stock mouthpiece. I added 3mm borosilicate beads to the stock mouthpiece which improved the cooling a ton, which should do really well when the unit is being used on the go. I think a 5:30 timer or so gives a pretty effective extraction, but over time we'll see how that oven timer changes (for more or less time). My experience with the dosing caps so far seems to mirror other users', where they seem to have a more mellow and slow extraction overall than just raw bowl loading, but are also far cleaner.

We'll see how my impressions update over the next few days, but overall I'm mad impressed so far. Battery life is pretty impressive too (about 9 sessions on my first charge). Excited to mess with each accessory over the coming days. At some point in the future I'll have to grab a bubbler to experiment with that too, but so far my impromptu water stem setup is giving great results.

vapeape77

Just received my unit in the mail, and first impressions are...

Wow, THIS is what vaping was always supposed to be?!?!? I think the slow extraction must just be messing with me, but it seems like this unit handles medium loads around .15g way better than even my exq. The vapor productions tends to be on the low n slow side (mainly going heavy clouds if you're shining a flashlight through a fully packed 430deg bowl) but it's VERY effective vapor, very flavorful. I've alternated mainly between the bent stem and 3d flow stem so far, the 3d flow tending to be my preferred option for dry use while the bent stem with a small piece of whip attachment works well as an impromptu 14mm water adapter (unfortunately the 14mm adapter I have already is a bit too small ;.;).

Overall, I'm beyond impressed with this unit so far. I did go ahead and do a multi-cycle burnoff, alongside blowing in air from my exq turned down to 100deg, and that got pretty much all the plastickey flavor out, but there's still a slight off flavor to the stock mouthpiece. I added 3mm borosilicate beads to the stock mouthpiece which improved the cooling a ton, which should do really well when the unit is being used on the go. I think a 5:30 timer or so gives a pretty effective extraction, but over time we'll see how that oven timer changes (for more or less time). My experience with the dosing caps so far seems to mirror other users', where they seem to have a more mellow and slow extraction overall than just raw bowl loading, but are also far cleaner.

We'll see how my impressions update over the next few days, but overall I'm mad impressed so far. Battery life is pretty impressive too (about 9 sessions on my first charge). Excited to mess with each accessory over the coming days. At some point in the future I'll have to grab a bubbler to experiment with that too, but so far my impromptu water stem setup is giving great results.
Enjoy that new vape drive! Nice man, an Edge doing 9 bowls per charge is impressive. My one year old Edge does 7 bowls max in the summer, 6 in the winter at 185 and 198c.

vapeape77,
Reactions: BigJr48

3l3tric

Enjoy that new vape drive! Nice man, an Edge doing 9 bowls per charge is impressive. My one year old Edge does 7 bowls max in the summer, 6 in the winter at 185 and 198c.
So far I've been able to get two sessions per bowl, one 5min at 380-390 then a 3-4 min at 400-410 with vapor only really stopping in the last minute of the second session. I still haven't run the battery completely dead, I keep stopping once I get one bar (since I don't want the battery to die in the middle of a fresh sesh, lol), but even then, this last full charge lasted probably 7-8 full sessions too.

The draw restriction is also super impressive, or rather the lack thereof. I've never had a portable that feels so open, and using the airflow hole as a pseudo-carb leads to some pretty strong hits. It seems like they really nailed the bowl diameter too: on some older (worse) vapes I've owned, the diameter of the top screen was so small it clogged after only a couple bowls. I have yet to clean my upper screens on either mouthpiece besides just knocking the herb buildup off after each bowl, and they're still wide open. Maybe it's just a less filtering screen than I'm used to but it really doesn't seem to be suffering from a ton of buildup. Even filling the unit without dosing caps seems to stay pretty clean as long as I'm consistent with brushing once the unit cools.

EDIT: Honestly I'm having a hard time choosing a favorite accessory between the 3d flow stem and the bent stem. Both do a pretty good job of cooling the vapor considerably, and while the beads I added to the stock mouthpiece helped a fair bit with that cooling it still isn't perfect and these two solutions both seem to run just a bit less harshly.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
So far I've been able to get two sessions per bowl, one 5min at 380-390 then a 3-4 min at 400-410 with vapor only really stopping in the last minute of the second session. I still haven't run the battery completely dead, I keep stopping once I get one bar (since I don't want the battery to die in the middle of a fresh sesh, lol), but even then, this last full charge lasted probably 7-8 full sessions too.

The draw restriction is also super impressive, or rather the lack thereof. I've never had a portable that feels so open, and using the airflow hole as a pseudo-carb leads to some pretty strong hits. It seems like they really nailed the bowl diameter too: on some older (worse) vapes I've owned, the diameter of the top screen was so small it clogged after only a couple bowls. I have yet to clean my upper screens on either mouthpiece besides just knocking the herb buildup off after each bowl, and they're still wide open. Maybe it's just a less filtering screen than I'm used to but it really doesn't seem to be suffering from a ton of buildup. Even filling the unit without dosing caps seems to stay pretty clean as long as I'm consistent with brushing once the unit cools.

EDIT: Honestly I'm having a hard time choosing a favorite accessory between the 3d flow stem and the bent stem. Both do a pretty good job of cooling the vapor considerably, and while the beads I added to the stock mouthpiece helped a fair bit with that cooling it still isn't perfect and these two solutions both seem to run just a bit less harshly.
Just for fun, have you tried starting at lower temp like 365 first? Worth trying out if you haven’t yet.
Glad to hear you are enjoying so much!

vapeape77

lol yeah man whenever I need it to go 7 bowls it dies halfway through last bowl, usually always charge at one bar too.

Join the whole nug bandwagon! After doing it in the Mighty and realizing how tasty and clean it stayed, I now put in a couple mini nugs tight in the Edge, mouthpiece way cleaner! I use mostly dry side flower, if sticky and moist still grind it.

Yeah Jill is onto something. I won’t run that little guy over 390f for its taste alone, plus less healthy over 390 anyway.

ps My ritual is to set it 198c/390f from the start, then turn it down to 185c/365f after about 30 seconds, last 30 sec crank it back to 390 to finish off. Slightly counterintuitive but works best for me with the Edge

Last edited:

3l3tric

It's probably been documented elsewhere in this thread, but today I thought of a new method to load my edge that resulted in way less herb being used per bowl. I loaded about 3/4 of the bowl unpacked, then placed an untopped dosing capsule over that, screen side down, and placed the mouthpiece on top. With the half dosing cap holding the load down, the conduction heating is still able to happen effectively, while only about 1/4 of the bowl is actually filled. I've gotten about 5-6 decent hits at 400 with this method, which also allows you to reduce the session timer all the way to 4 min or so, prolonging the number of sessions per charge.

vapeape77

It's probably been documented elsewhere in this thread, but today I thought of a new method to load my edge that resulted in way less herb being used per bowl. I loaded about 3/4 of the bowl unpacked, then placed an untopped dosing capsule over that, screen side down, and placed the mouthpiece on top. With the half dosing cap holding the load down, the conduction heating is still able to happen effectively, while only about 1/4 of the bowl is actually filled. I've gotten about 5-6 decent hits at 400 with this method, which also allows you to reduce the session timer all the way to 4 min or so, prolonging the number of sessions per charge.
Nice find! Just tried this method with a small nug filling less than half the bowl, about a dozen tasty rips at 198c/390f. A bit of a tight fit snapping on the mouthpiece holder, but on my year old unit not concerned. Definitely one to use in quick situations!

Edit: Seconf time around, less than half bowl with no lid cap on top…..
I’m not digging that the dosing cap is making contact with the silicone area constantly, so gonna stop this method.

Last edited:
Top Bottom