• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

OF

I have the 3d flow stem from healthy rips and I noticed it seems a little loose. Is it just me or is it like that for other people too?

No, although normal variations will mean it happens to some more than others. And of course this also is driven by opinions on what is loose?

The hole has to be bigger than the stem (or it won't go in). And it will be more so when heated. That is while it's almost always true to say 'all things expand as they are heated' (there are a few notable exceptions) the hole gets bigger faster as it heats than the glass of the stem.

This effect is used sometimes in a manufacturing technique known as 'shrink fitting'. For instance a glass liner can be inserted into a heated tube and get 'locked in' as it cools. The effect is greater if the liner is hot and the insert cold. Steel liners are often put into rifle and cannon barrels this way.

Without careful size control to allow a tiny bit of looseness, consider inserting a cold stem into a hot oven could lock it into place until you broke it trying to force it out (hot or cold). It's not a fault, but a feature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_expansion

Enjoy it, rather than worry over this......it is why you bought it, right? To enjoy.

Regards to all.

OF

olivianewtonjohn

@aire joredinz

Since its glass there is probably some variation. When cold I can hold mine by the stem and the unit wont slide off. Even when wiggling by the stem the unit stays attached. I didnt notice any issues when in use either (im on break from MJ so no recent tests). While it does not slide out thanks to the rubber "bushings", the stem does have some wiggle if I move mine around. How does yours compare? You can always contact HR and ask them, they have great customer service.

RatsInMyHead

Just received the Edge this week as my first pocketable and after a few uses, it is everything I expected it to be. Super easy to use (especially with the dosing caps), very discrete and pocketable, efficient and produces a nice amount of vapor. I used the HR 3D cooling stem and had no issues with vapor temp and I tend to take longer, slower draws. Have not tried with regular or bent stem yet. Curious to know what others feel the ideal temp is for most efficient extraction and how many draws you typically get out of a full capsule?

Last edited:

shredder

Just received the Edge this week as my first pocketable and after a few uses, it is everything I expected it to be. Super easy to use (especially with the dosing caps), very discrete and pocketable, efficient and produces a nice amount of vapor. I used the HR 3D cooling stem and had no issues with vapor temp and I tend to take longer, slower draws. Have not tried with regular or bent stem yet. Curious to know what others feel the ideal temp is for most efficient extraction and how many draws you typically get out of a full capsule?

I usually use mine with water and the wpa. I start low depending on the herb 350-360°F and go up from there. Finish temps depends on how it tastes, and how I feel but generally 380° and up.

I don't pay a lot of attention to how many draws. But a more dense pack gives you more hits than a loose pack and a different session experience.

It pays to experiment. And if you can try it with water, it works very well in a medium size water piece.

olivianewtonjohn

In my experience most efficient means starting low and finishing high, slowly increasing temp as needed. A quick extraction gives a "shotgun" like buzz which can be nice, but if you want highest extraction % then low and slow till max temp is my rule. I dont have dosing caps, I start out at 375 and end at whatever the max temp is.

aire joredinz

@aire joredinz

Since its glass there is probably some variation. When cold I can hold mine by the stem and the unit wont slide off. Even when wiggling by the stem the unit stays attached. I didnt notice any issues when in use either (im on break from MJ so no recent tests). While it does not slide out thanks to the rubber "bushings", the stem does have some wiggle if I move mine around. How does yours compare? You can always contact HR and ask them, they have great customer service.
Thanks. I was wondering about the wiggling

aire joredinz,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
REVIEW TIME (MORE TO COME)

Sooo I've had one of these for a few weeks now, coming from the Fury2 (and a Fierce as well) and I must echo much of what has been said here, but I will try to offer some new perspective at least! There are so many different vaping styles among various users, and the good news is that HealthyRips have released another well-thought-out product that can be used several different ways very enjoyably and effectively.

For starters, ran several burn offs to break everything in along with quick iso qtip wipes. Packaging is simple and sleek with a lot included in such a small box. I also got a WPA and black bent glass mouthpiece separate from the box. All the glass comes in cased in from and is quite thick so no worry about breakage etc. Also got two sets of the dosing capsules, 4 in a tube so 8 total. Everything neutralized pretty fast, I am a little sensitive to silicone and such, fortunately it is all very high quality here!

My first few bowls were actually with the bent glass stem (with full size bowl) from the Fury2, and I also tried the Fury2 wpa a bit as well. I really love these stems, the built-in glass screen and size is great, plus easy to keep everything else clean. The heater is fast and keeps up well, the little vibration is definitely nicer than the LEDs of the F2. The Edge is a little taller than the Fury2 and I prefer that, since it is still a tiny portable, but now it is easier to not accidentally block the air intake with your finger when holding. Plus the extra battery life is substantial, and charges pretty quick as well with usb-c. Still dig this subtle rubberized coating too, very comfortable to hold, clean and sleek.

I then began to use the capsules, along with the accessory mouthpiece and black bent stem (tried with wpa briefly as well, but prefer the F2 stem wpa personally if using through water-- I should try it connected to a larger mouthpiece I think that would work very well-- great how it still fits 10/14/18mm). I never tried the F2 capsules, which I believe are all mesh? and may fit in the Edge, but these capsules are steel shells with holed steel screens on top and bottom. They fit perfectly snug in the chamber and connect right up to the blue o-ring (which now houses a steel mesh screen instead of one of the holed steel screens like F2 and the Edge capsules) which connects right to the glass stem sheathed securely in the mouthpiece. That extra mesh screen really helped keep the glass stem pristine, though it is not entirely necessary, it may also help condition the vapor a little.

So when using the capsules, the extraction is a bit darker and more thorough than using the glass stem, which makes sense providing more conduction steel vs glass. I would start at 320F and milk the flavors, still getting surprisingly substantial clouds, so I would temp step a bit keeping it low, able to finish the bowls around 380 though there is less left by then when you start so low with session conduction happening along with the powerful convection... I can see how convenient it is to be able to preload several and swap them in, though it is not easy to do when hot, having prefilled chambers is a very nice feature out and about, esp for fresh hits!

A word about taste, I am a flavor chaser who appreciates clouds but rides low temps, and I can be a bit more sensitive two things like heater material (I could notice the nichrome in F2 and Fierce) so with the new steel heater of the Edge (and eventual Fierce2?) my hopes were high... And now I am happy to report they were met exceptionally! At low temps the Fury2 already tasted pretty good to me, but the flavor in the edge is truly next level (once broken in a bit ofcourse, for both). Even using the steel capsules, I was able to taste every complex note of the nice fresh Exotic Dream herbs I was vaping, like delicious blueberry pineapple haze. Impressively mouth-watering, I could see packing several capsules to cash them quickly at the lowest setting, just for the enjoyment as opposed to the vast other benefits... I have mostly been using a consistent medium-fine grind from my brilliant cut grinder by the way.

I have not yet tried loading the steel bowl directly, pretty nice to get so much use out of the vape while keeping it fully clean, I love removable chambers! I also have not tried the standard mouthpiece or the plain straight glass mouth piece it comes with (the glass wpa and black bent stem are separate accessories like the Fury2 glass stems). Those 3Dflow stems look cool too, and I dig how many colors are available! I forgot there was a concentrate pad included as well, should give that a try at some point too... I will continue to post here as I continue to use my Edge more and more.

To sum up, the Fury2 was a gold standard recommendation for a wide variety of usage: portable, powerful, quick, pure, efficient, simple, stealthy, versatile, and even low-priced with fantastic customer support. Somehow the FuryEdge raises the bar even further with too many great updates to list (more battery life, better form factor, more electronic features, purer taste, more mouthpiece and chamber accessories and backwards compatibility)... This is a phenomenal beginner vape, but it is also oh so much more, putting other (more expensive) vapes to shame. Honestly every herbal enthusiast should probably have one!

Last edited:

DirtyD

Disclosure: HR sent me a fury edge with a bunch of extras ( wp glass, straight glass and bent black glass MPs and capsules) to review here. Thanks to hr and Teece.
Review part one: I have owned multiple fury1 and fury2's and a fierce. This fury edge is easily without a doubt the greatest culmination or "pinnacle" of all their vapes I've tried. EVERY ASPECT OF THIS EDGE IS AN IMPROVEMENT ON ALL PREVIOUS. The fierce i received was my least fave for 2 reasons: 1. Bowl too big for my usage. 2. Blue silicone pieces or vape itself had a weird smell that took forever to go away.
However. On to the edge... The edge is the perfect vape of this category of vapes.( I only use my Nomad, my gen 1 Lil Bud, Vapcaps and now the Edge anytime i consume.) HR has hit it out of the park with the edge. Perfection in a session vape.... Absolutely zero weird smell, I did one burn off without really needing to. Hits like a champ from first use. I prefer either bent or wp mp- ( without bubbler or with). Even broke up a fight btwn my dog and the neighbors dog with it in my hand, it crashed to the cement and still works perfectly. Durable is what i mean. Btw, both dogs are fine. Back to the edge: haptic feedback is right on. ( iffy with the fierce). Never been a capsule guy, but these new capsules are way way better than the all screen old ones. Used capsules at aunts house at Thanksgiving and was loving them. Huge improvement. The fury edge is just SUCH an improvement over all the furies ive owned before. Again, i mostly consume at home and use Nomad or lil bud but for travel and driving or at home this thing can't be beat. I am loving it and Nomad and LB and even Vapcaps have been collecting dust because the edge is just pure easy -you load, set temp and puff away. Reaching for edge nowadays- ease of use factor. Did i mention that I love this vape? I do. This is the vape i was looking for back in the day before i had more expensive tastes in vapes. Cannot be beat for the price. I would definitely buy one now that i have tried it. Just easy easy to use. Very little draw resistance, perfect imo. Perfect sized bowl for me. Heats up fast. Awesome thru my small chinese bubbler. What an awesome vaporizer. If you are considering this vape go ahead and buy it. Do it. Amazing little powerful vape. I love it and would buy one anytime. Think of the fury1, fury2 and the fierce but better in every way. Thinking of the edge for xmas gifts even and i don't even do that. This is the end of part 1 review. Great and amazing little vape. Perfection in its weight class. Buy one, you will love it!! Thanks to HR and Teece. More thoughts to come in part 2 as i use it more... Cheers to all. D.

Last edited:

WeedyGirl1979

I got an Edge for Green Friday, and I'm a happy camper. I love the dosing caps, my oven is pristine and I'm weirdly happy cleaning out the caps after. I'm digging the haptic feedback, I've already learned to give it another couple seconds for that perfect 1st hit. It's nice to have a smaller and less fragile traveler than my Solos, and the five minute timer is surprisingly good. I'm sure to have more gobs of words after more use!

OF

How well does the bubbler work? Never used one.

Pretty subjective, IMO. Lots of well held opinions out there......

A couple of thoughts, like 'better than a standard MP', much better to some. Even empty some like it for the modest cooling. Better for sipping that hard hits. I don't worry about the drying out part, I wash it out, rinse and leave filled to as much as the traps allow. laying it on it's side, or putting in a shirt pocket is not an issue.

Basically no cooling I think but it does put a fair bit of water back into what's a 'bone dry' air stream. That can be a very big deal when the dry air is causing irritation over time. MMJ users know this one well I think.

For me it's a chicken soup deal in the end. "Can't hurt, might help". For low cost you can experiment with it. Like I said, some use it dry. Makes for a lot of cooling relative to it's size, 'taking the edge' off it for some. Not always, of course, depends on the guy you ask? Like I said, pretty subjective without a lot of assumptions that might not fit. In the end the only real opinon that matters is yours.....and it's easy, cheap and fun to find out what that is?

Regards to all.

OF

shredder

I got an Edge for Green Friday, and I'm a happy camper. I love the dosing caps, my oven is pristine and I'm weirdly happy cleaning out the caps after. I'm digging the haptic feedback, I've already learned to give it another couple seconds for that perfect 1st hit. It's nice to have a smaller and less fragile traveler than my Solos, and the five minute timer is surprisingly good. I'm sure to have more gobs of words after more use!

If you haven't yet, try it with water. You'll love it even more. That's my favorite way to use mine.

If fact I've never used the native mouth piece. Just the water adapter and a glass 3d stem.

MonkeyTime

Pretty subjective, IMO. Lots of well held opinions out there......

A couple of thoughts, like 'better than a standard MP', much better to some. Even empty some like it for the modest cooling. Better for sipping that hard hits. I don't worry about the drying out part, I wash it out, rinse and leave filled to as much as the traps allow. laying it on it's side, or putting in a shirt pocket is not an issue.

Basically no cooling I think but it does put a fair bit of water back into what's a 'bone dry' air stream. That can be a very big deal when the dry air is causing irritation over time. MMJ users know this one well I think.

For me it's a chicken soup deal in the end. "Can't hurt, might help". For low cost you can experiment with it. Like I said, some use it dry. Makes for a lot of cooling relative to it's size, 'taking the edge' off it for some. Not always, of course, depends on the guy you ask? Like I said, pretty subjective without a lot of assumptions that might not fit. In the end the only real opinon that matters is yours.....and it's easy, cheap and fun to find out what that is?

Regards to all.

OF

So many of your answers are spot on, but many are technical in nature (at least from my questionable memory).

This particular answer was perfect. You explained your perspective with explanation while acknowledging others.

I've done forums for a long time and this one is special, you're one of the reasons why, thank you.

For the record, I used mine dry for some time, but found it more work than gain.

olivianewtonjohn

Does the 3D glass dimpled vapcap stem from PIU fit the Edge?
https://www.puffitup.com/DynaVap-Long-Glass-3D-Airflow-Stem-p/qctq.dv-3d_l.htm

Message PIU and ask them for confirmation. I am pretty sure they do as it looks identical to the sneakypete stems which are advertised as fury edge/dynavap stems (also listed as 3" in length):

https://www.sneakypetestore.com/products/hula-stem-v2-xl-for-dynavap?variant=23192049451089

But PIU would be the right people to ask, so far no one has posted about the PIU stems in this thread. Both stems look identical to HR 3D stems as well, if I had to guess they all probably have the same supplier.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Does the 3D glass dimpled vapcap stem from PIU fit the Edge?
https://www.puffitup.com/DynaVap-Long-Glass-3D-Airflow-Stem-p/qctq.dv-3d_l.htm

I sent a message to PIU through IG a few days ago asking if that stem fit the Edge. They let me know the 3D airflow stems fit. I received the orange one yesterday. I expected it to be somewhat loose, one of those it kinda fits situations. I was very happy with how well the stem fit, like it was made for it. I can turn the vape upside down and it will not fall out. Thank you PIU!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Message PIU and ask them for confirmation. I am pretty sure they do as it looks identical to the sneakypete stems which are advertised as fury edge/dynavap stems (also listed as 3" in length):

https://www.sneakypetestore.com/products/hula-stem-v2-xl-for-dynavap?variant=23192049451089

But PIU would be the right people to ask, so far no one has posted about the PIU stems in this thread. Both stems look identical to HR 3D stems as well, if I had to guess they all probably have the same supplier.

I sent a message to PIU through IG a few days ago asking if that stem fit the Edge. They let me know the 3D airflow stems fit. I received the orange one yesterday. I expected it to be somewhat loose, one of those it kinda fits situations. I was very happy with how well the stem fit, like it was made for it. I can turn the vape upside down and it will not fall out. Thank you PIU!
Thank you both. I'll have to get one. I like how the Edge's glass accessories don't use glass screens; it keeps the draw resistance where I like it and does well on the D020-D too.

sickmanfraud

Top Bottom