Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

Bazinga

:/

Lots of space for the vapor to diffuse and make it easier on my lungs. Haven't tried it with water. :tup:

How does the bubbler, without water, effect draw restriction? My only complaint with this device is the draw restriction. It isn't bad, it just is not my Splinter or Mighty.

GetLeft

I find the use of the attachment above to have no adverse affect on draw. I've actually been impressed with the draw of the Edge considering it's a small conduction device.

hayduke

I like my edge but I'm still experimenting with getting good results. I am coming from years of smoking > dynavap > fury edge. I am very glad I tried the dynavap first because so far my edge doesnt have the same punch and the 2019 M. I'm waiting until I have some quality herb to make too many judgements. I have the WPA and a small bubbler from sneaky Pete. The water piece does cool the vapor well.

OF!

I like my edge but I'm still experimenting with getting good results. I am coming from years of smoking > dynavap > fury edge.

First off, congratulations. Dumping blazing for vaping is a solid, very positive, step. You get to enjoy your herb more, cut your weed bill to 1/4 or so of what it was blazing (now that you're not burning up good THC in some ill conceived fire.....) and you get to live longer in the bargain. Pretty hard to beat that.

The key to getting good results with Edge (or any similar vape for that matter) is to accept and deal with the nature of conduction vaping. THIS IS NOT BLAZING, expecting results based on your experience there is going to lead to grief at some level. In blazing additional heat is generated to make yet more vapor automatically as you hit. Instantly. The opposite happens here. Heat has to 'creep in' slowly over time before the hit. Unlike VC or blazing. Once the hit starts, cold air is drawn in, cooling the load so production can only go down, and more so if you hit it harder hoping for more vapor to enjoy.

Yield to this reality and look for results within that constraint. Pay attention to heat soaks. Set to some reasonable temperature, say 390F, and let is sit an honest half minute, soaking, before you hit it. You can adjust timing and temperature later, good results should happen there. Then sip it, don't rip it, to harvest that vapor without having lots of cool air steal the heat you need to make more vapor. And pay attention to conduction within the load. Grind at least medium and pack it (without blocking the flow too much). Abd try stirring it a bit between hits so fresh material is brought into contact. With Edge this is easy. Pull the stem and poke a bit with a toothpick or other tool. The load will shrink down some when the water is driven out so it's easy to stir and be able to put the stem back since the level will be lower.

Keep your herb 'well cured' (dry) going in. No sense wasting time and precious heat drying the herb in the machine out so you can heat it enough to make vapor. As a bonus here, dry herb will make very much less of a mess and you'll get more THC out since condensate will simply evaporate off again to enjoy rather than getting into that old 'oil and water don't mix' issue, gumming up the works and wasting THC.

Again, congratulations and warning that skills you learned blazing (even with DV) don't transfer over. This is a new deal, and a proven great one, but you have to play it within the bounds of conduction vapes. Follow the results you like.

Regards to all.

OF

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Keep your herb 'well cured' (dry) going in. No sense wasting time and precious heat drying the herb in the machine out so you can heat it enough to make vapor. As a bonus here, dry herb will make very much less of a mess and you'll get more THC out since condensate will simply evaporate off again to enjoy rather than getting into that old 'oil and water don't mix' issue, gumming up the works and wasting THC.

Loved your summary and suggestions about conduction, sipping etc.
I have a couple of general questions re: moisture level and the 'oil and water don't mix' issue you mention.
It is clear that we don't want to use our vape as a drying shed, so dry going in, yes.
Can you distinguish, or rather do you distinguish between 'well dried' and 'well cured' bud?
After a given bowl, sometimes the abv is dry and flakey, falling right out of the chamber when emptying. Sometimes it is, while seemingly spent, more gooey and needs to be scraped out.
I'm currently going through 4 different strains I've been lucky to enjoy, from last falls' harvest (not my own product...geez, I wish...). With the 'sticky/non-sticky' variation going on, is this a factor of moisture content, curing process etc. or more related to strain or batch, thc values and other resin-producing cannabinoids being naturally more sticky?

vapviking,
Reactions: OF!

OF!

Can you distinguish, or rather do you distinguish between 'well dried' and 'well cured' bud?
After a given bowl, sometimes the abv is dry and flakey, falling right out of the chamber when emptying. Sometimes it is, while seemingly spent, more gooey and needs to be scraped out.
I'm currently going through 4 different strains I've been lucky to enjoy, from last falls' harvest (not my own product...geez, I wish...). With the 'sticky/non-sticky' variation going on, is this a factor of moisture content, curing process etc. or more related to strain or batch, thc values and other resin-producing cannabinoids being naturally more sticky?

Glad you find it useful, that was the goal after all......

Dry is dry IMO. What you call it or how you got there is not important. The very stuff that makes some herb 'sticky' is what also leads to fouling. The water evaporates from the load first, condensing on cooler parts of the vape so that when condensate comes it too sticks in the same spot and stubbornly refuses to evaporate off again. Making a sticky mess you cite.

Try a small sample of your herb choices and see? Grind it (at least medium if not fine) and store it open for a bit (I put it on my router which runs warm, which speeds it up. Smell will diminish some but not 'the good stuff'. Dry good, sticky bad?

We learned this important lesson years back with MFLB. A very excellent and popular small load vape that's made of wood. It uses a SS mesh screen that heats electrically, you pull the vapor through the screen. The area below the screen is inaccessibler cleaning. Foul it down there and it stays forever. The wood body means no soaking..... Guys who enjoyed 'really dank' herb quickly came to regret it. Those of us who followed ran very large numbers of loads (typically about .125 grams) with the box staying 'just like new'. My 'main box' probably has close to two ounces of mostly spent ABV in jars from my days of heavy, daily use. Since this herb has been stripped of most of the THC but still retains 'the heavy stuff', I will vape it again when I'm looking for 'couch lock' type highs. Again, the box is 'clean' after a heroic bit of work. I expect (and am getting) similar results from Edge/F2.

Give it a go, it's an easy experiment to run and the results could be very instructive?

Regards to all.

OF

Vibiojj83

I like my edge but I'm still experimenting with getting good results. I am coming from years of smoking > dynavap > fury edge. I am very glad I tried the dynavap first because so far my edge doesnt have the same punch and the 2019 M. I'm waiting until I have some quality herb to make too many judgements. I have the WPA and a small bubbler from sneaky Pete. The water piece does cool the vapor well.
The Edge is just not going to hit quite as hard as the 19M. Here's my ABV from left to right : Crafty, Fury 1, 19M, EQ. That's also 4 hits to get that color with the Fury while 3 to get to color with the M.

Edit: I should also say the crafty would be a bit darker but it doesn't handle small amounts of weed well.

Attachments

• 0524201558c.jpg
    0524201558c.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

hayduke

I have been liking my edge for sure. I got some capsules and it seems like it hits better with the caps which I was NOT expecting. I have been trying the techniques mentioned here and it has been working well.

DHV8654

I have been using the Edge exclusively since I got it a week ago. I used a volcano a few times months ago as that was my only dry herb experience.
I like the Edge, I use the dosing caps but they are a pain to empty and fill. I think I need like 20 of them so I have more ready to go. I have been using the WPA through my fab egg. I only get mediocre performance with the WPA.
The stock mouthpiece is only used when I want to use the cover.
The straight clear glass tube works the best for me.
I am interested in the Hula XL stem or the bent glass mouthpiece. Which one works better?

DHV8654,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@Pballer76 - hope you are enjoying the Edge.
While the dosing caps can be convenient for on the go and back-to-back sessions, just scooping herb directly into the oven is so much easier. And while it means you will need to clean it more often, it still isn’t a huge process.
But, if you really want to stick with the caps (plenty of reasons!), you may want to take a look at a couple of things to make it easier.
Have you seen these by @Delta3DStudios :
This one makes it easier to fill 5 at a time

And this is great for holding 15 caps at a time in a compact, smellproof case:

As for the WPA performance - what is lacking? I guess if you are comparing it to the Volcano, it will never match its performance. But I am curious what makes it mediocre - not enough vapor? Not enough effects?

Finally, as far a stems - what are you looking for with the stem?
I love my bent stem because it is easy to carry around (twist it over and it stays very compact), and pretty smooth vaping experience.
I don’t have the Hula - so can’t speak to it directly, but seems to be well liked.
My favorite stem to use with my Edge is this one:

DHV8654

I figured out the WPA, do not use the dosing caps. I tried the dosing caps they just restrict the airflow too much. So It’s great without the dosing caps, can’t wait for the Hula XL stem to arrive.

DHV8654,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Fury II w/water attachment.
515-C4-CAE-3-CFF-4-F91-A4-EF-0740407-EA04-B.jpg

Cookiesaurus

I've got a Simrell Vortex and an Edge adapter on the way to my place. I had a POTV One, but got rid of it - hppefully I'll be getting my hands on an Edge soon, but until then can anyone who has their vortex hooked up to their fury compare it to other stem options?

Cookiesaurus,

hayduke

I finally received my dosing capsules. They are very handy. I swear the edge hits better with the dosing caps. I get better hits with them it seems like. There is no benefit as far as cleaning goes because you have to clean the caps pretty often.

GeekyGodiva

Happy Hairy Herbal Faerie
I have been liking my edge for sure. I got some capsules and it seems like it hits better with the caps which I was NOT expecting. I have been trying the techniques mentioned here and it has been working well.
I have both the bent and hula stems and between the two I prefer the hula stem the internal spikes add "distance" to the vapor path by increasing surface area, it even seems to cool even better than the bent straw. But I switch the two of em out all the time. I never use the short glass stem or the cap-able mouthpiece, they leave it too warm for me.

steiner666

Serial vapist
Hey everyone. Been loving my Edge for ... uh.. some time? (perception of time has been severely altered this year, for multiple reasons). I always use dosing caps (I’ve literally never loaded it up without them) and typically get through maybe 6-7 caps a day. My usage is probably split about 50/50 between using it inverted on my bubbler and using it upright (through the official bubbler stem or hula stem).

I’ve noticed a large reduction in airflow lately, it’s now harder to hit than my Air or Solo (and it’s usually was a lot higher airflow than them, of course). Based on my experience with other vapes, and my observations of the 5 tiny holes on the bottom of the vape, I suspect that there is just a bunch of honey built up below the loading chamber. It’s not the caps, I have those all in a soaking rotation, and they stay pretty clean.

Has anyone disassembled their Edge, or found any teardown videos/guides? I’d like to know how to go about getting this cleaned out so I can stop sucking on this milkshake of a vape.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Has anyone disassembled their Edge, or found any teardown videos/guides? I’d like to know how to go about getting this cleaned out so I can stop sucking on this milkshake of a vape.
I haven’t heard of anyone disassembling for cleaning (although @puffitup did a tear down of the Fury 2 way back when if you want to take a peek at its innards Here.)

I have found the best way to clean is to turn it on to highest level, turn upside down, then use several ISO soaked Q-tips to clean out oven until no residue on Q-tip. Then give it one last water soaked Q-tip cleaning.

Also, if you are using native mouthpiece, that may also need a deep cleaning.

Hope that helps.

RTbar

I'm not getting great results from this vape... I only get a few hits then the vapor is done regardless of temp, and the abv is still pretty light even at 430.

I get bad results using the oven directly... The caps seem to produce better results, but only if I pack the hell out of them... and the resulting high isn't worth the amount of bud used to get it.

I also get bad results from the wpa... 1 or 2 hits and it's done producing vapor (with lightish abv). Better results with the 3d stem or bb9.

Is 4-6 hits normal (with around 2 good hits, the rest meh)? I only managed to get darkish ABV once, but I was pulling incredibly hard at 430.

JohnQQQ,
Reactions: GetLeft

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I'm not getting great results from this vape... I only get a few hits then the vapor is done regardless of temp, and the abv is still pretty light even at 430.

I get bad results using the oven directly... The caps seem to produce better results, but only if I pack the hell out of them... and the resulting high isn't worth the amount of bud used to get it.

I also get bad results from the wpa... 1 or 2 hits and it's done producing vapor (with lightish abv). Better results with the 3d stem or bb9.

Is 4-6 hits normal (with around 2 good hits, the rest meh)? I only managed to get darkish ABV once, but I was pulling incredibly hard at 430.
That doesn’t seem normal to me. If I step up 368-390-425, I am able to get an average of 15 solid hits. The flavor goes away after a few hits, but the vapor continues as I step up temps.
Take a look at the pic in this post - second from left is Fury AVB - (I feel like I can get it darker as well, but this looks about average.)

The Edge is just not going to hit quite as hard as the 19M. Here's my ABV from left to right : Crafty, Fury 1, 19M, EQ. That's also 4 hits to get that color with the Fury while 3 to get to color with the M.

Does your ABV look similar?

Jill NYC,

GetLeft

Hmmm. Your experience with the Edge doesn't match mine. I get a good handful or so of healthy rips from mine along with nice dark abv. If you're not getting vapor it would be because for some reason the vape is not providing enough heat. Might want to call HR and ask them about that. Or myabe you're packing things too densely, making it tough for the heat to reach your material. Hope things turn around for you!

GetLeft,

RTbar

That doesn’t seem normal to me. If I step up 368-390-425, I am able to get an average of 15 solid hits. The flavor goes away after a few hits, but the vapor continues as I step up temps.
Take a look at the pic in this post - second from left is Fury AVB - (I feel like I can get it darker as well, but this looks about average.)

Does your ABV look similar?

No, mine is lighter than that...sometimes it still has some green in it.

Hmmm. Your experience with the Edge doesn't match mine. I get a good handful or so of healthy rips from mine along with nice dark abv. If you're not getting vapor it would be because for some reason the vape is not providing enough heat. Might want to call HR and ask them about that. Or myabe you're packing things too densely, making it tough for the heat to reach your material. Hope things turn around for you!

You might be right about the heat... I seem to get bigger clouds the lower temp I go

JohnQQQ,
Top Bottom