• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

OF

Already got a few power bank
That was not my point. Charging time is long. Like 1A. Maybe a bit less.
Well i’ll think about this

Just a suggestion, your call, but this seems to work well with F2 (even if this is the FIERCE thread.....if it was for FIERCE the obvious solution is a second battery?). You don't have to replace the entire charge in one go, simply plug it in after use so you don't have that 'four sessions in a row before recharging thing.

F2 can recharge quite fast, really, if the source supports it.

Best Christmas wishes to all.

OF

OF

Im begging as well!!! That slide on mp and ability to house most the glass is ideal for the fury2 too:) happy holidays everyone!

OK, I get it and also think it would be better than the current F2 for some techniques, but I wouldn't suggest holding your breath. I don't see a way to do that, does anyone? That part is important......

F2 has to tip inward, hinged at the bottom, to mate up with the body. The clip at the very top keeps it from 'popping out'. No magnets, no slides.

FIERCE, OTOH, has slides built into the body for the MP to slide down (or at lease the MP cover), quite snugly, where it's locked in place (so it doesn't just slide up again on it's own) by the tiny but strong magnets not in F2. This allows the stem to enter the oven straight down, without tilt.

You can easily 'drill out' the factory F2 MP, even install a rubber gasket, but the best you can do is a cover you'd have to insert the stem down through after it was installed.

Otherwise, I don't see how to make an aftermarket MP for F2 like FIERCE has, does anyone? It has to be possible.......

FWIW this whole discussion should probably be on the F2 thread? I suspect appetite for such there? Perhaps someone there has some useful insight?

OF

Vape Dr.

OK, I get it and also think it would be better than the current F2 for some techniques, but I wouldn't suggest holding your breath. I don't see a way to do that, does anyone? That part is important......

F2 has to tip inward, hinged at the bottom, to mate up with the body. The clip at the very top keeps it from 'popping out'. No magnets, no slides.

FIERCE, OTOH, has slides built into the body for the MP to slide down (or at lease the MP cover), quite snugly, where it's locked in place (so it doesn't just slide up again on it's own) by the tiny but strong magnets not in F2. This allows the stem to enter the oven straight down, without tilt.

You can easily 'drill out' the factory F2 MP, even install a rubber gasket, but the best you can do is a cover you'd have to insert the stem down through after it was installed.

Otherwise, I don't see how to make an aftermarket MP for F2 like FIERCE has, does anyone? It has to be possible.......

FWIW this whole discussion should probably be on the F2 thread? I suspect appetite for such there? Perhaps someone there has some useful insight?

OF

I agree this is for the Fury thread but I have to agree to disagree with you @OF I made this the first week I had my Fury 2.

Works like a freakin champ and I would love to make a 14mm version which depending on the stem OD could slide into the MP like the fierce (your obviously limited to the circumference of the F2 chamber). If I had an extra mouthpiece I would make one.

It would be very easy for @HealthyRips.com to make as an accessory which I'm pretty positive every Fury2 owner would buy.

I made them for people until I ran out of the glass 18mm stem/joint. Made it for the Alternate too.

It's not difficult at all, I believe with enough demand it could be possible.
The F2 WPA is very nice and I love it for micro dosing but this is using the full chamber, she can go around a lot longer.

lQLdY7G.jpg

e4ZVtw1.jpg

XPVhDWT.jpg

Dirty alternate WPAs 18 & 14mm which I smoothed the glass to seal on the camber wall so it was all glass and I never had a melted MP issue on any of these I made, which was only about 7.
The silicone screen in the F2 WPA fit like a glove in the stem so I just went with it.
Made it a lot quicker to make the F2 WPA.

J0B3l6c.jpg

NxcBRtD.jpg

Last edited:

OF

It would be very easy for @HealthyRips.com to make as an accessory which I'm pretty positive every Fury2 owner would buy.

I made them for people until I ran out of the glass 18mm stem/joint. Made it for the Alternate too.

It's not difficult at all, I believe with enough demand it could be possible.
The F2 WPA is very nice and I love it for micro dosing but this is using the full chamber, she can go around a lot longer.

Interesting, but not what folks are thinking about I think? Basically a WPA instead of the plastic MP? It's not like FIERCE though, in that it's not 'all glass vapor path' (Solo like) where the bowl is built into the glass part, not the metal of the F2? Certainly not:

Im begging as well!!! That slide on mp and ability to house most the glass is ideal for the fury2 too !

You can make a cover that the normal glass stem slides down after it's installed (as I tried to say above), or make the holes in it oval rather than round so you can slip it down over the straight stem when it's in place then tip it to latch in, but a total 'slide on MP like happens with the extra stems for it (where the glass holding the load sticks out the bottom and goes to the bottom of the heated chamber) isn't possible I think. That is what I think folks are expecting?

OF

OF,
Reactions: BigJr48

Vape Dr.

Interesting, but not what folks are thinking about I think? Basically a WPA instead of the plastic MP? It's not like FIERCE though, in that it's not 'all glass vapor path' (Solo like) where the bowl is built into the glass part, not the metal of the F2? Certainly not:

You can make a cover that the normal glass stem slides down after it's installed (as I tried to say above), or make the holes in it oval rather than round so you can slip it down over the straight stem when it's in place then tip it to latch in, but a total 'slide on MP like happens with the extra stems for it (where the glass holding the load sticks out the bottom and goes to the bottom of the heated chamber) isn't possible I think. That is what I think folks are expecting?

OF

I could have used a straight tube like the fierce but the 18mm joint serves 2 purposes.

It can be adaptable to be able to slide different stems in and out of, I just chose to leave the 18mm joint in it because it's all I use.

It is a "mostly" all glass vapor path if do the screen like the alternate (all glass vapor path would not pass through metal screens).

I just chose my method because I soaked the silicone in coconut milk so there is zero silicone taste, and you have to have a screen.

Also it is 100% airtight without doing anything.

The fierce is not technically an "all glass vapor path" if it has to come up from the heater through a metal screen.

IMO I think people put too much emphasis on "all glass vapor path" when most of the time at some point the air will have to pass through a metal or ceramic screen or path (heating elements).

I'm too am a big fan of as much glass as possible, but an "all glass vapor path" is not very feasible or possible in most cases, especially on a portable vaporizer.

OF

It can be adaptable to be able to slide different stems in and out of, I just chose to leave the 18mm joint in it because it's all I use.

It is a "mostly" all glass vapor path if do the screen like the alternate (all glass vapor path would not pass through metal screens).

The fierce is not technically an "all glass vapor path" if it has to come up from the heater through a metal screen.

IMO I think people put too much emphasis on "all glass vapor path" when most of the time at some point the air will have to pass through a metal or ceramic screen or path (heating elements).

I think I said it's possible to come up with something you could slide an all glass stem through, but that's not what 'sliding in like FIERCE' is? In fact I think I said it twice? We agree here?

You're second and third sentences above don't work together for me. And IMO since no vapor is produced in the heater, it's not part of the vapor path? Surely that's the definition we use with Solo? In Solo (and F2 using glass stems) vapor is exposed only to glass?

FWIW I also remain of the opinion that 'air passing through the heater' doesn't really come out all that hot but that's another issue. I believe, unlike true convection vapes like VG or TV where the air is heated hotter before entering the load than it exits at a lower temperature is not a realistic concern. And I don't really have issues with VG or TV anyway.......

I too am of the opinion that lots of folks put too much faith in the idea it has to be glass to be good. Again, like you? Most other surfaces (say SS, most plastics, wood (as in VG, Ed's excellent stems, VM and so on)) almost immediately become coated with condensate so the vapor no longer contacts them? Still, the customer (the guy that's 'always right') wants/demands it. It makes for bigger sales, and sales are almost always what drives such decisions. So our opinion doesn't really matter here unless we can educate a significant fraction of our fellows? They should have options to spend their money on what they want/are happy with. Those who offer those options stand to profit from doing so.

Best Christmas wises to all, and for a healthy and productive New Year.

OF

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...

I agree with @OF - the snap-in and hinged/angled nature of the Fury/2 mouthpiece would make it difficult to have an accessories attachment like there is for the Fierce. I'm sure some (not me!) could do after-market mods and create one but then I'd rather wait for HR to come out with their own or perhaps a Fury 3 version similar to the Fierce. I however doubt a Fury 3 version is on the horizon nor would it sit well with current Fury 2 owners.

OR me just buy a dang Fierce already?!? The countdown is ticking on my decision for the flash sale (I pre-ordered one then cancelled it when I bought a Fury clone out of happenstance the next day and necessity all at once when my only vape died a week before a trip and several weeks before pre-orders were shipped). Perhaps a Fierce is in the cards. I have a few more hours to decide...
:peace:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
thanks to HR! I caved and decided to try the screens after all. It does get quite messy using just the glass anyhow, and a slight reduction in chamber size wouldn't be horrible... anyway, they shipped them out on christmas eve, after i sent a bleary-eyed email late dec23. wasn't expecting anything but dang, greatly appreciated. thanks to whoever was around the office to get that packed and shipped. i also had to work christmas eve, but i wasn't expecting HR to be open. looking forward to trying my screens when they arrive thursday.

still enjoying my fierce pretty well. it is suprisingly rippable even at max temps dry for me. I get pretty even ABV and the sessions are enjoyable. heatup time i guess is a detriment but whatever. i wish i could turn off screen or even have it display differently as another poster mentioned. it's very nice overall and i think ive found a solid portable ill plan on using for the foreseeable future

anyway, thanks again and happy holidays!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Screens came early. They are most definitely an improvement in my book. Increased airflow allowing better/more full vaporization thus bigger clouds. I don't notice the decreased load size.

You can definitely rip on this thing and it is consistent with delivery. Like SP I also dropped mine trying to carry too much stuff from car to house. I had short glass MP in and it didn't even break! There's maybe a slight scuff and I can only find it if I try, and even then it could be just from locking in the mouthpiece things.

How cold is too cold for the unit/bad for the battery? It gets to like 40 at the lowest where I live and my Fierce is sometimes cold to touch when I start it up after work/during break. I hope I'm not decreasing battery life or messing with anything.

Last edited:

OF

I don't notice the decreased load size.

How cold is too cold for the unit/bad for the battery? It gets to like 40 at the lowest where I live and my Fierce is sometimes cold to touch when I start it up after work/during break. I hope I'm not decreasing battery life or messing with anything.

You won't get very much volume reduction 'dome down' as shown by HR. However, if you insert it 'dome up', with the screen dome sticking up into the load, you'll get about half the volume. Either way the screen takes much longer to foul than the original holes.

40F is no problem. It should be 0C or more to charge but OK to use down to minus 20C (that's minus four real degrees), OK to store down to -30C.......not to worry. Low temperature performance is a long suit here, unlike many other types. I suspect that somewhere along t he line you'll get so cold the heater can't overcome the losses to the outside and will no longer be able to make 390F (or whatever) 'full blast'. Even then, no damage.

Regards to all.

OF

lordtinuviel

I got my dome screens (thanks guys!) So far love them, have used them with dome up and down, at the bottom of the glass piece or dome up at the end of the herb...yes air flow is greater... still I kind like the the full glass full of herb....want to try the Fury 2 dosing capsules with the Fierce....

ShedDweller

I really like this device. I don't even bother temp stepping now, straight to 220C with dosing cap and dry glass. 420 seconds on the timer. Job done. 1 cap = 1 wrecked boy.

It's amazing the amount of vapour produced even after 300 seconds at max temp. Lovely even brown avb as well.

Smknbud

Well, I've had my Fierce since just before Christmas. I purchased a Fury 2 two weeks earlier which motivated me on the Fierce and am more than happy with both devices.

The Fierce is much bigger physically than the Fury 2 obviously, but the size difference wasn't realized till I really had both in hand. Fury 2 wins the take along title.

I love the increased size of the bowl on the Fierce and larger sized dosing capsules. Increased session length for sure, which I like.

I got the bent glass straw in addition to the stock straight one. Longer and cools vapor slightly more. Love the accessory attachment and wish they could do something similar for the Fury 2 as other have pointed out. So easy to use.

Battery life is better than I expected and usb-c charging is quicker than I expected. Happy I waited on whether to buy an extra battery or not, since for my needs at the moment it's not necessary.

Did I mention this thing rips just like the Fury 2? Well, it does.

LambsBreath

Well, I've had my Fierce since just before Christmas. I purchased a Fury 2 two weeks earlier which motivated me on the Fierce and am more than happy with both devices.

The Fierce is much bigger physically than the Fury 2 obviously, but the size difference wasn't realized till I really had both in hand. Fury 2 wins the take along title.

I love the increased size of the bowl on the Fierce and larger sized dosing capsules. Increased session length for sure, which I like.

I got the bent glass straw in addition to the stock straight one. Longer and cools vapor slightly more. Love the accessory attachment and wish they could do something similar for the Fury 2 as other have pointed out. So easy to use.

Battery life is better than I expected and usb-c charging is quicker than I expected. Happy I waited on whether to buy an extra battery or not, since for my needs at the moment it's not necessary.

Did I mention this thing rips just like the Fury 2? Well, it does.

I see you also have a Crafty, between it and the Fierce which do you feel is superior in vapor production and flavor?

Smknbud

I see you also have a Crafty, between it and the Fierce which do you feel is superior in vapor production and flavor?

My poor Crafty. It's literally an original bought when first released. Battery life is pretty poor right now, but I compare it more to the Fury 2 and for the most part a dead heat between the two. The smaller size of the Fury 2 is a big plus when discretion is required.

I got the Fierce to see if it would give the Mighty a run for it's money. It really has, and much cheaper.

mellcrisp

Hey all, been a lurker for awhile and decided to finally make an account!

Anyway, getting used to my new device, and I had a couple questions. First, how quickly are your batteries discharging? Mine will drop a bar after a single session, and then after another one or two it'll be down to two bars. Is that similar to what you all have found? I fully charged for a few hours once I received it.

Also, the plastic taste is STRONG. It's definitely coming from the unit and not the mps. This isn't my first device so I understand there's some "breaking in" to be expected... but it's striking how strong it is. If I sniff around the unit near the heater, I can easily tell this is the source. I've done burn-offs and some AVB "curing" but I'm concerned this isn't dissipating as quickly as it has on other devices I've owned.

mellcrisp,
Reactions: Manity
Top Bottom