Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
How much are you packing and how moist is your material?

I only ask because I've gone strictly to capsules, and maybe .1 of nicely dried, medium grind and with usually the bent mouthpiece, I love the lack of resistance. I know when I over pack, it gets a bit chuggy.

I'm comparing it to an Evo with the same material, 3/4 elb. The Fierce has more resistance, but not by much. Also a Mighty in a capsule, about .13 load of same material, I'd say same resistance.

Good tip, thanks man.

I'm usually sharing so it's anywhere from half to full. I have some Fury capsules I never use and I'll be sure to try them now.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
really enjoying this guy so far. i almost went for a fury2 but after hearing the fierce capsules worked with the glass stems still, i went for this.

capsule use only so far but definitely enjoying it, can use at max temps dry with no issue really and I'm sensitive typically. I had a battery last me 5 full days with 1-3 capsules a day (mostly 1 or 2)

interested to hear about performance of the external battery charger. also curious to hear from people who prefer not using the capsules.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
really enjoying this guy so far. i almost went for a fury2 but after hearing the fierce capsules worked with the glass stems still, i went for this.

capsule use only so far but definitely enjoying it, can use at max temps dry with no issue really and I'm sensitive typically. I had a battery last me 5 full days with 1-3 capsules a day (mostly 1 or 2)

interested to hear about performance of the external battery charger. also curious to hear from people who prefer not using the capsules.

The external charger seems a bit slow to me but I haven't timed it. I do enjoy swapping batteries so the Fierce is never idle on the charger.

I enjoy owning both the Fierce and Fury 2. I think getting the Fierce first is a smart choice as long as the larger size suits your purpose. Even better if you're getting good vapor from the tiny Fury capsules; I still need to try that!

Mikey

Would anyone be willing to post a pic of the fierce glass with the fury 2 capsules? For example are you loading the fury capsules, or are you using them as a “dome down” mod like a bowl reducer?

Last edited:

OF

Would anyone be willing to post a pic of the fierce glass with the fury 2 capsules? For example are you loading the fury capsules, or are you using them as a “dome down” mod like a bowl reducer?

The entire capsule, basket and cap, fit inside the FIERCE stem. In fact it will still fit with a normal 'dome up' volume reducing screen installed!

Sorry, no photos, I don't want any more grief from folks because I use Imgur. Complaints but 'never' a thanks for the effort.

OF

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thumbs up for the Fury 2 dosing capsules in the Fierce stem. Good vapor production for how tiny they are and it does lighten up the draw resistance a bit.

OF

How 'bout postimage.org or imgbb.com?

Beats me, how about them? Are you suggesting I change yet again? I've lost all the images in my posts once before you see. Following free advice from this Forum both times.

Can you guarantee that a year or two from now one of them won't go dark like Image Shack or Imgur have done to us?

Like I said, lot of trouble trying to help folks with photos that no longer work and I don't recall even a single 'thanks' for the effort......... The posts that included them are basically useless now. For now I'm swearing off photos.

Thank you anyway for the advice, if that's what it is.

OF

analytika

Beats me, how about them? Are you suggesting I change yet again? I've lost all the images in my posts once before you see. Following free advice from this Forum both times.

Can you guarantee that a year or two from now one of them won't go dark like Image Shack or Imgur have done to us?

Like I said, lot of trouble trying to help folks with photos that no longer work and I don't recall even a single 'thanks' for the effort......... The posts that included them are basically useless now. For now I'm swearing off photos.

Thank you anyway for the advice, if that's what it is.

OF
I don't post photographs here or reviews even because of the difficulty and non permanence of third-party image hosting.

No technical or meaningful cost barrier to this website or any forum website hosting images itself these days. Or running without SSL encryption. Yada yada yada. I hope there is enough user and site administrative interest in improving the platform.

Last edited:

OF

I don't post photographs here or reviews even because of the difficulty and non permanence of third-party image hosting.

No technical or meaningful cost barrier to this website or any forum website hosting images itself these days. Or running without SSL encryption. Yada yada yada. I hope there is enough user and site administrative interest in improving the platform.

I've come to the same conclusion, basically. While it's 'out of my field', I'm quite willing to take your statement that the cost of permanent hosting here is not large as correct. It seems logical to me, but like I say, I really don't know from experience or training. Above my skill level. A decision others will have to make.

What I do know is I've spent MANY HUNDREDS OF HOURS over the last several years providing such support to what is surely WELL OVER A THOUSAND POSTS which are now basically useless since the photos they refer to and described are no longer available. Twice now, I'd be a fool to do a third time? I've better ways to waste my time and efforts for such modest returns. I understand it's the Classifieds that have killed the support this time? Sad that such narrow use has killed it off. Truly sad, IMO. I continue to want to help when I can, but think it's stupid to do so in that manner.

I felt the same way when Image Shack folded on me, but came back for another try. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"? I may relent again, but hope I'm able to resist 'throwing good money after bad'.

Thanks for the post and insight, it confirms what I suspected. Perhaps a solution like you suggest can be found, or some sort of 'joint account' can be set up on a server? I'd be willing, personally, to contributing money to such a project to protect my investment of time and effort to the cause?

Meanwhile FIERCE remains an excellent vape (trust me, I just confirmed it again.....), hopefully my written statement that the capsules from F2 fit well, which 'back up' HR's own claim, is sufficient in this case. Other cases will have to be sorted out as they come?

Thanks again, regards to all.

OF

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I enjoy owning both the Fierce and Fury 2. I think getting the Fierce first is a smart choice as long as the larger size suits your purpose. Even better if you're getting good vapor from the tiny Fury capsules; I still need to try that!

Eh, out and about I figure for the most part it's ok. It's not huge and I also don't live in an unfriendly area. I prefer the larger battery and ability to swap out batteries to a tiny bit smaller size anyhow.

I'm using the fierce capsules though,not the fury capsules. They work pretty good. I like them for convenience and ease of cleaning. I don't have to worry so much about the oven or vapor path getting as dirty using them, and it's just a massive plus to have a few days preloaded, or a fat sesh preloaded and not have to do much other than dump and reload. Less fussy than direct loading, but maybe I'm full of shit. I realize I could probably get more vapor and better taste without using the capsules but meh, for now these are small sacrifices I'm willing to make for convenience. Mainly why I switched to a fierce after using mostly super fussy, involved "full convection" vapes. I don't wanna dick around with stuff and trying to breathe right,I just wanna get medicine easily, quickly and at least somewhat discreetly

I prefer using the short glass stem so far, but it does seem fragile. It doesn't get hot even at max temps. I can continue to get vapor out of my ganja for the entirety of an 8min sesh but it dies out after about minute 3. Flipping the capsule as someone else mentioned does help a bit, but gotta be quick cos that little boi is hot.

VivaVape

Good morning, so What’s up with the lack of fierce video reviews? I’ve read from some reviewers that their working on it but the fierce has been out for awhile now. How come no vids? Any thoughts? Buy the way, I really like mine!

bigmike

Good morning, so What’s up with the lack of fierce video reviews? I’ve read from some reviewers that their working on it but the fierce has been out for awhile now. How come no vids? Any thoughts? Buy the way, I really like mine!
Tell us about it. the silence on this highly anticipated vape is killing me

OF

Tell us about it. the silence on this highly anticipated vape is killing me

You must have missed it. Lots of Members from the very first have posted reviews and comments (mine started a couple of months back). Hundreds of posts, through the recall of the initial run for 'lock up' problems to finally availability from PIU.

Lots of discussion on FIERCE vs F2 in various modes. And using dosing capsules from F2 in FIERCE (a great option for those looking for 'micro dosing') lately.

No need to die from lack of information, lots of it out there for your review? IMO at this point any new posts on the topic would be repeats of ground covered.

OF

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Honestly, I was thinking the same thing the other day. Sure I’ve read this forum from the beginning and started posting around the Fierce pre-order timeframe (and since), and I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s posts, reviews and comments herein, however there are few reviews outside of this when I do a web search. Just sayin’ and agree with @VivaVape. :peace:

VivaVape

Hello, yes I’ve READ the tons of Fierce information posted on this site and others. And I’ve looked at the Puffitup site. I have found an unboxing video, but I cannot find any current VIDEOS highlighting the current Fierce vape “In Use”, VIDEO. If you know of a site or a link to a Fierce In Use VIDEO I would be most interested. Thank you!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Will be interesting to see if this can challenge the Mighty!

Welcome to FC! Stonedbadger doesn't give a shit!!

They're surprisingly different. The Mighty produces more vapor at lower temps and the draw resistance is ideal to me. The plastic air path in the cooling unit is bullshit though and nothing but a minor battery life improvement has changed in the decade or so since it's release.

The Fierce is more versatile, better in the pocket, has more modern features like swappable battery and USB C charging, and it heats to a higher range of temps that I find handy with the glass accessories.

I really like both. I tend to sip on the Mighty and rip on the Fierce.

Top Bottom