Discontinued Haze Dual V3

scottg402

Thank you for the quick response.

I just like having a tracking number because mail theft is rampant around here. It got to the point that FedEx was requiring signatures on EVERY package in our community during Christmas. There have been four arrests, in two separate cases, and the thefts continue on. The people who do it, will do it despite cameras pointed directly at them. So a tracking number is super important so I can be home the day it will be delivered, or sadly there is a chance it will not be at my door when I get home.

Thanks again for explaining what was meant by order completed. Hopefully the email with the tracking number makes it, once it is shipped.
I responded in email to you with your tracking. Should show tomorrow!

InFriNiTee

MMJ Patient
I got the RLOD (called Red Light of Death in this thread) on one of my 3200 XL batteries. No fear with that though! I figured out a sure fire way to fix the issue on my end here.

I had the battery mentioned above fully charged off of the charger. I went to use it, and it seemed like the vape wasn't getting to full temp on 2-because yellow light would not stop flashing. Then, it flashed red-and completely shut off. All I had to do to fix the issue with the battery was put it back in the charger (with another battery in the other slot) for about 5 or 10 minutes. I took it out of the charger, and have been using it all day today!

I just thought I should add that, it may help other people in the future-if this hasn't been discovered yet.

I also wanted to ask to be sure that it is ok to clean the Haze with Everclear 99% grain alcohol (ethanol)?

Vapo

I have to say this Haze is fantastic, I have owned mine for 3 days, and I had to sign up to spread the good word.

After reading all the posts and sitting on the fence for a while I got sick and tired of being stuck at the table with my extreme q desktop rig.
I have the summit as well which has its place as a quick on the go vaporizer. But I had no idea the Haze 3 was going to be this good, it is a great device and will save you on consumption like nothing else.
The smallest amount will just keep going, it uses your product in the most efficient and effective way I have ever seen. I am confident it will save me a fortune in usage.

I thought I'd also point out it's built like a tank, what a great job the people and engineer's have done at Haze. Thanks

I would recommend this device to anyone wanting a state of the art vape, the taste and flavour of the vape is stellar, especially on the first heat setting, with induction screens.

whereskarlo

I have tired everything but am having increasing troubles with sticking mouthpieces. It seems to stick at the top of the Haze V3 air path where it holds the mouthpiece in place when extended. It started when I began vaping wax.

I have used a cotton swab with alcohol and cleaned carefully at the entrance to the air path where the sticking occurs. I've cleaned the outside and inside of the mouthpieces with ISO and the pipe cleaner brush. I've also gone through the entire length of the air path with the pipe cleaner dipped in a little ISO but after one session it gets stuck again.

What am I doing wrong? It seems like the residue keeps reappearing after just one session. Is there some crevice where residue gets trapped and liquified when the unit gets turned on again causing the sticking? I followed the cleaning guide posted earlier by the Haze rep but haven't been able to get this sorted.

The sticking definitely seems to be at the entrance to the Haze air path as simply inserting the mouthpiece can be difficult with a lot of residue caused friction. I frequently vape with the mouthpiece fully extended and wonder if that could contribute to clogging the air path faster, but looking into the path there is no visible residue.

whereskarlo,

woolspinner

I have tired everything but am having increasing troubles with sticking mouthpieces. It seems to stick at the top of the Haze V3 air path where it holds the mouthpiece in place when extended. It started when I began vaping wax.

I have used a cotton swab with alcohol and cleaned carefully at the entrance to the air path where the sticking occurs. I've cleaned the outside and inside of the mouthpieces with ISO and the pipe cleaner brush. I've also gone through the entire length of the air path with the pipe cleaner dipped in a little ISO but after one session it gets stuck again.

What am I doing wrong? It seems like the residue keeps reappearing after just one session. Is there some crevice where residue gets trapped and liquified when the unit gets turned on again causing the sticking? I followed the cleaning guide posted earlier by the Haze rep but haven't been able to get this sorted.

The sticking definitely seems to be at the entrance to the Haze air path as simply inserting the mouthpiece can be difficult with a lot of residue caused friction. I frequently vape with the mouthpiece fully extended and wonder if that could contribute to clogging the air path faster, but looking into the path there is no visible residue.

Are you cleaning the mouthpiece as well?

On the v3, it is TIGHT, they must have a silicon o ring or something because my mouthpiece pulls out with tremendous effort even when clean. Do you think it is possible that what you think is sticking is just the natural tension of the tight o ring (or whatever holds the mouthpiece in and keeps it from just sliding right out) ?

There has to be some tension or the mouthpiece would fall out all the time. But it does seem some devices, like mine, are always pretty tight. The steel moves better than the glass and it moves easier when it is clean.

I have chalked it up to a design bummer - to keep mouthpiece in, it has to be a tight fit, and even a small amount of residue makes it tough.

I switched to using the steel mouthpiece and storing outside the device. Not ideal. I want to get a case to prevent what happens now- "where did I put my mouthpiece? "

ETA: some report that letting the device warm up first makes the mouthpiece easier to remove

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

whereskarlo
Buy a new box of Q-tips. Run iso damp Q-tips in and out the "mp" hole till they come out clean.
Either that or, (I am in no way suggesting that you void the warranty), buy the cleaning powder, take the Haze apart, (three slide off body parts, (they are actually clips to hold it together), bottom cover, two phillips screws, and a little jiggling, and it comes apart.
Kudo's to the designer of the Haze. You are very talented.
Mix up the cleaning powder. Soak over night. Make sure the silicone parts are cleaned in the coconut cleaner.
What I do, (not admitting anything here), is I soak the (metal only) parts in Everclear. All that goop is condensated vapor. When the Everclear gets a little full of reclaim, (three or four cleanings), I make a drink with the Everclear.:D That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Doc

Vapo

The way I see it is there is no perfect solution for the mouth piece solution.

It's the nature of vapour to recondense when cooling down. So there will always be residue no matter what, waxes and concentrate's will clag the Haze up faster than anything.

My mouthpiece gets sticky after about the 4th session and I start the cleaning process with iso and cotton bud, and it's good to go, (glass mouth piece becomes super smooth to remove) I find the glass piece stays smoother to open longer.
But I would rather a sticky mouth piece to heat up and slowly take out by hand, than one that needs a tool to remove when covered in residue.
So the new design is better over all I feel. And a great compromise, to this tricky and sticky problem.

Also, if you remove the content can, and clear the air paths by sucking or blowing any left over vapour through the Haze, that might be gathering through content left in the can. After your finished. Before the Haze cools down.

I find, this keeps the unit cleaner overall for much longer, and excess residue on the lid, and heater bucket, wipes off easy with a dry tissue. (Be careful not to burn your fingers)

Edited for clarity.

Last edited by a moderator:

rshetts

I pretty much figured as long as the mouthpiece is stored in the vapor delivery path, sticking will always be a bit of a problem with the Haze. Residue is unavoidable and to have that pathway loose enough to avoid sticking would likely make it too loose to work properly. The only thing U can see to completely avoid the issue is to remove and clear the mouthpiece after every session before storing it in the unit. What I do when Im on the road with the Haze is I take a bunch of ISO wipes in my Haze "weekender" kit. When Im done with a session I wipe down the mouthpiece and then store it. This helps a lot. At home since I use a bubbler, I tend to just leave the mp out of the Haze unless Im using it. You can by cheap ISO cut wipes at any pharmacy store like CVS , a box of 200 run 3-4 dollars, or make your own easily and store them in a zip lock.

django7

People laugh when I tell them, but just rub a little skin oil on the MP before inserting it ( I just touch the side of my nose to get some). That will make it easier for a few times. That said, wax really does gum things up fast. A couple sessions is all it takes.

Dynalowrider

django
When I was working, (I'm a retired electrician), I would apply "nose oil" to the threads of the light bulbs. Makes a better connection, thereby increasing the life of the bulb.
Lubricating the mouthpiece would make it harder for the condensated vapor to stick to the mouthpiece. Good idea.
Me I don't mind the reclaim. Doc

Vapo

what the best temperature for a v3 when using a waterpipe adapter

I am enjoying between level 2 and 3, depending on how dry your product is.

Also, to those who want to keep your Haze cleaner, pop the battery and enjoy the last few draws to cool it down.

I have found this the best way to cool down herb, or concentrate's. And stop the vapor gathering in the air path, when finished.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
It would have been cool if that was the "fifth" temp setting. But as long as that is not the case, popping the battery is indeed a solution.

whereskarlo

People laugh when I tell them, but just rub a little skin oil on the MP before inserting it ( I just touch the side of my nose to get some). That will make it easier for a few times. That said, wax really does gum things up fast. A couple sessions is all it takes.

The notorious nose skin oil. You can also use it to dissolve beer foam, just rub your finger on your nose and touch the foam. Works every time ha.

EDIT: Just did what you suggested, felt taboo, but it worked! Hopefully a nose won't grow out of the Haze air path now.

mephisto

Took advantage of the St. Paddy's day discount and I am lovin' the green. This is my first go round w/ the Haze, and it beats the dogshit out of my newish Pax2...... Thanks to Scott and the rest of the magicians at Haze. You guys make conduction effective!!!!!!!!! Never read a single post in this thread, the deal was way too good to pass up.

scottg402

Took advantage of the St. Paddy's day discount and I am lovin' the green. This is my first go round w/ the Haze, and it beats the dogshit out of my newish Pax2...... Thanks to Scott and the rest of the magicians at Haze. You guys make conduction effective!!!!!!!!! Never read a single post in this thread, the deal was way too good to pass up.
Glad you are here with us Mr. Mephisto! Welcome to the family!

scottg402,

dantheman420

I responded in email to you with your tracking. Should show tomorrow!

Unfortunately I never received an email. I PM'd you my order number.

I chose the free shipping option. Is that USPS?

If it is USPS then a tracking number isn't necessary as it will be in a locked mailbox. If it is FedEx or UPS then I would greatly appreciate a tracking number so I can be home at the time of delivery.

dantheman420,
Reactions: Vapo

nukami

@scottg402 what the biggest different between the waterpipe attachment on your site compare to the one on puff it up.is the one at the puff it up site all version like on your site?

nukami,

rshetts

Unfortunately I never received an email. I PM'd you my order number.

I chose the free shipping option. Is that USPS?

If it is USPS then a tracking number isn't necessary as it will be in a locked mailbox. If it is FedEx or UPS then I would greatly appreciate a tracking number so I can be home at the time of delivery.

Ive received all of my stuff from Haze through USPS and let me tell you, Georgia has a pretty weird USPS delivery system. I have received items from them in 2 days and Ive received others from them that took over a week. USPS is a real crap shoot at times.

Vapo

Just ordered XL batteries and 4 herb cans and key chain container.
Got a little stung at the check out in my home country, but I figure these little cans are unreal, after using the 2 I have and swapping the lid over I'm sold on them, they work the best overall from all the options, I figure.

Unfortunately on a negative note, my Haze battery charger is junk, the thing gets hot and smells like bad ass funky town plastic when powered up, plus after seeing my poor battery ramp up past 4.25v, I took it off and shelved the charger, as the voltage should never exceed 4.2v.
I have retired the thing. As it will surely lower the service life of my cells if I use it. And the excessive heat from the chargers switch mode supply is a real concern.
I have other battery charger, so it's not a major problem for me, but I guess it's a sign of the cheap Chinese charger, and poor quality control from the supply chain, and something to look out for.

dantheman420

Ive received all of my stuff from Haze through USPS and let me tell you, Georgia has a pretty weird USPS delivery system. I have received items from them in 2 days and Ive received others from them that took over a week. USPS is a real crap shoot at times.

Cool thank you. Just wanted to make sure it won't be left, waiting to be stolen, on my porch. Packages from USPS go into a locked box so no worries then. Now I anxiously await :p

EDIT:

scottg402 PM'd my tracking number. Should've been in my hands today, but looks like USPS moved it in a circle today rather than delivering it. Totally not Haze' fault. So tomorrow should be the day for me. Glad I found out now, I'm setting my last nug of Sirius Black aside to save for the haze. If it tastes better than my PAX 2, which I believe it will based on user testimony, than I'll be in heaven.

Last edited:

scottg402

@scottg402 what the biggest different between the waterpipe attachment on your site compare to the one on puff it up.is the one at the puff it up site all version like on your site?

The Ed's gear is just a difference species of wood. We have blackwood while Randy has the cocobolo. We are also offering glass ones with ground joints.

Yeah it's pretty widely known down here that the ATL post office melts down during the holiday season. Other times crazy stuff happens too but all in all its hard to beat them too. We use USPS most times and UPS sometimes.

Just ordered XL batteries and 4 herb cans and key chain container.
Got a little stung at the check out in my home country, but I figure these little cans are unreal, after using the 2 I have and swapping the lid over I'm sold on them, they work the best overall from all the options, I figure.

Unfortunately on a negative note, my Haze battery charger is junk, the thing gets hot and smells like bad ass funky town plastic when powered up, plus after seeing my poor battery ramp up past 4.25v, I took it off and shelved the charger, as the voltage should never exceed 4.2v.
I have retired the thing. As it will surely lower the service life of my cells if I use it. And the excessive heat from the chargers switch mode supply is a real concern.
I have other battery charger, so it's not a major problem for me, but I guess it's a sign of the cheap Chinese charger, and poor quality control from the supply chain, and something to look out for.

Thanks for your feedback on the charger. I will pass that along. If you could PM me your order number I would appreciate it. I want to make sure your order is taken care of.

Cool thank you. Just wanted to make sure it won't be left, waiting to be stolen, on my porch. Packages from USPS go into a locked box so no worries then. Now I anxiously await :p

USPS Dan. I just sent you the tracking. Weird on the email. I though I sent it. :)

Vapo

EDIT:

scottg402 PM'd my tracking number. Should've been in my hands today, but looks like USPS moved it in a circle today rather than delivering it. Totally not Haze' fault. So tomorrow should be the day for me. Glad I found out now, I'm setting my last nug of Sirius Black aside to save for the haze. If it tastes better than my PAX 2, which I believe it will based on user testimony, than I'll be in heaven.

I have read that the Pax 2 and the vapium summit are very similar in usage, and I vouch for the Haze 3 being a much better vaporizer than the summit, the Haze wipes it's out of the contest. It has a much better taste to the vapor, it's never hot, and the smallest amount is very effective indeed.

Love my Haze3

Top Bottom