Good Vape For Homeless Usage

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The firewood is all conduction, that's a no from me, especially since the milaana is available again. Id have to store all my vapes concealed in a bag so moisture isn't an issue. Thanks for the recs though! :tup:

FW7 is actually not all conduction by the way, it is a hybrid with some convection, it is not at all like your standard session conduction vape that is weak and inefficient just so you know! It being instant on demand, with full power, make it a deceptively strong heavy hitter that goes toward a top with my top pure convection on demand vapes (TM, TP80, Splinter and Milaana) though they are unfortunately a little tough to get now!

After everyones help, I think I'm going to purchase a milaana 3 from RBT. I appreciate everyone's input and I hope you all have wonderful days ahead of you. Thank you.

Awesome dude, I do think that will be a good one for your needs, get a nice little camera case for it to protect the glass and yeah plenty of spare batteries of course (expect three to six bowls depending on your technique and extraction, it could be less than that or it could even be more, lot of variables with the open unregulated nature and the glass stems) I presume you've done research so I won't go in to technique further, plenty of info in the Milaana threads of course!

You may want to grab some sort of wooden stem, Alan makes and sells them if you want to email him, I think cheaper than what Ed sells? A lot more wood variety...

And yeah if you are able to get 19/19 male to male adapter to fit properly you could connect it to jayhook for best use experience in my opinion, although yeah the best way to learn the technique is with a short stem so you can get a sense of the heat speed and vapor :tup:

hoptimum

Hi, I was having a discussion in the TinyMight thread and someone suggested this is worth its own thread. I'm going to be homeless soon and being homeless without my medication wont be a comfortable experience. I'm looking for:

1. A discrete,
  2. On-demand vape (But session can be tolerated),
  3. That conserves material and hits like a truck.

I am accustomed to heavy hitting desktop units like the SSV43, Terptorch, and flowerpot. I have also had my share of portable units but none of them really have that lung smackage I'm looking for. Now, the TinyMight sounds like a decent option (Batteries are not a concern: 24 hour gyms don't care if you're charging batteries or your phone so long as you're working out), but some quality control concerns make me hesitant.

• The tafee bowle has absolutely shit-tier battery tech but otherwise is perfect. Nobody will suspect a man sipping on a glass is smoking, but I feel like charging my ”smart cup” constantly might raise some eyebrows eventually. Plus, batteries like that are just a general inconvenience: the reason I tossed my Fury II.
  • The Mightyis.... Well its a good product but its not the kind of vapor I'm looking for and its not on demand. It just doesn't do it for me.
    • I used that old thing a LOT at one point and I got some very suspicious comments a couple of times when I walked around outside, so I had to keep to indoors.
  • The P80 takes a LONG time to get. If it weren't for that, it'd be gold, I think.
  • The milaana is unregulated (I like 5 speed cars so I can put up with this) but good luck getting a hold of one.
  • The dynavap is okay (used one for like 2 years) but doesn't hit like I want, nor is it inconspicuous.
  • The sticky brick is very conspicuous and after months I could never get the technique down, so that's a definite no but when it worked by god I loved it.
  • The Elev8r has got great vapor BUT looks like a bougie crack-pipe. :\
I‘d appreciate any suggestions on this matter. I‘m certain there's a ton of vapes I don't know about that might work for me.

A Sticky Brick would replicate the desktop experience

hoptimum,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Man I regret not buying a lotus still. What a classy looking vape. Vapmans an option I didn't consider but it doesn't make much vapor since its all about taste.

I get the feeling about the Lotus. I held out too long for that one, and I will always regret it.

However, I did recently acquire a Vapman (It was my 4/20 present to myself this year.), and though you do not see clouds, it still gets you as high as many more cloud-heavy vapes. I have zero negative things to say about that one other than it is a very personal vape that you can't share with friends, because it takes some practice to get a good technique down and learned. But once you have your technique down, it's a wonderful vape.

My friends still look at it weirdly though :rofl:

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
FW7 is actually not all conduction by the way, it is a hybrid with some convection, it is not at all like your standard session conduction vape that is weak and inefficient just so you know! It being instant on demand, with full power, make it a deceptively strong heavy hitter that goes toward a top with my top pure convection on demand vapes (TM, TP80, Splinter and Milaana) though they are unfortunately a little tough to get now!

Awesome dude, I do think that will be a good one for your needs, get a nice little camera case for it to protect the glass and yeah plenty of spare batteries of course (expect three to six bowls depending on your technique and extraction, it could be less than that or it could even be more, lot of variables with the open unregulated nature and the glass stems) I presume you've done research so I won't go in to technique further, plenty of info in the Milaana threads of course!

You may want to grab some sort of wooden stem, Alan makes and sells them if you want to email him, I think cheaper than what Ed sells? A lot more wood variety...

And yeah if you are able to get 19/19 male to male adapter to fit properly you could connect it to jayhook for best use experience in my opinion, although yeah the best way to learn the technique is with a short stem so you can get a sense of the heat speed and vapor :tup:
I guess I was misinformed on the firewood then!
  • In the milaana thread someone recommended this case on amazon, so I have that waiting to be bought because it looks perfect.
  • What batteries do you recommend?
  • I sent an email to alan @ toasty-top, still waiting to hear back. ;)
  • Do you have a link to that adapter?

Cheers.
A Sticky Brick would replicate the desktop experience
Appreciate the reply; I mentioned in the OP that unfortunately I never could get my technique down on the sticky brick and that its not an inconspicuous vape.
However, I did recently acquire a Vapman (It was my 4/20 present to myself this year.), and though you do not see clouds, it still gets you as high as many more cloud-heavy vapes. I have zero negative things to say about that one other than it is a very personal vape that you can't share with friends, because it takes some practice to get a good technique down and learned. But once you have your technique down, it's a wonderful vape.
Some of the highest Ive been was from vapes barely making visible vapor. :sherlock:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I would have to recommend the POTV ONE or Rogue. Save some dough and get a killer budget vape.
I live in NYC and use the POTV ONE outside all the time. It's a session vape but you can turn on and off manually as you please. Fast warmup, great hits, very discreet. Also don't overlook the magic flight launch box, it's in some ways the most powerfully effective vaporizer I've ever used.

Shit Snacks

• In the milaana thread someone recommended this case on amazon, so I have that waiting to be bought because it looks perfect.

Yeah that looks perfect to hold your entire stash kit! I was thinking you should also get a small camera case though, if you want to take the Milaana out and about at all on its own?? Or perhaps a budget session conduction vape like Ryot Verb for $70 would fit this need if it exists...

• What batteries do you recommend?

LG HG2, LG HE4, Samsung 25R, Samsung 30Q, Sony VTC6 or VTC5, and Molicell P26A and P28A :tup:

• I sent an email to alan @ toasty-top, still waiting to hear back. ;)
  • Do you have a link to that adapter?

Awesome! Just be patient, I'm sure he'll get back to you as soon as he can! Unfortunately I don't know where that adapter can be had, I think someone mentioned Herb Cafe may still have some in Canada? Like I said the 19/19 joint size is hard to come by, without getting a custom-made piece, so it might be more worthwhile for you to get one of your wooden stems with taper to fit in a j-hook? I prefer glass stems myself, but this could be your best bet solution, the wooden stem with 14 mm taper still makes a great mouthpiece as well!

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Today has been a day:
The good:
  1. An incredibly generous member on FC (will leave anonymous in the event they wish to remain private) sent me a backup vape--the vivant ambit--and it arrived today. Ill keep that on hand, it reminds me of my fury II--which is better than smoking by a mile. If memory serves, this actually hits better than my fury did, but its lacking on taste. Still nothing to sniff at, and I'm sure I could dial it in more given time. I only had a couple emergency sniffs of weed remaining for the month. :sherlock: They also sent me a paddle if im ever up shit creek.
  2. I ordered a milaana 3, some xl8rs, and a charger thanks to a suggestion from another amazing member on fuckcombustion! It arrived today. It took me 1 bowl to learn, and then it was like this. Easier than the dyanvap, easier than the sticky brick, but Id actually reach for this over a terp torch. You don't have to wait 10 minutes for it to heat up, you get a good hit with a tiny amount. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be afraid of this vape for being unregulated. Do note I hated the sticky brick, and while I have to admit, the couple of times I got it working right in 2 months fogged a room, this thing isn't slouching.
The bad:
  1. I broke one xl8r from the unit being knocked over (fracture in the glass I can just barely feel with my lip) and the other lifting it up an inch off of a desk, it hit a piece of plastic and cracked. They are delicate! When they worked, they were amazing at cooling. Now I see why I was suggested a wood stem, but thankfully I still have 2 glass ones included.
    1. Does anyone know of something similar to but thicker than the xl8r for future reference? Thankfully when I want to get a wood stem after Ive moved out, they are cheap from Mr. toasty top.

Shit Snacks

Today has been a day:
The good:
  1. An incredibly generous member on FC (will leave anonymous in the event they wish to remain private) sent me a backup vape--the vivant ambit--and it arrived today. Ill keep that on hand, it reminds me of my fury II--which is better than smoking by a mile. If memory serves, this actually hits better than my fury did, but its lacking on taste. Still nothing to sniff at, and I'm sure I could dial it in more given time. I only had a couple emergency sniffs of weed remaining for the month. :sherlock: They also sent me a paddle if im ever up shit creek.
  2. I ordered a milaana 3, some xl8rs, and a charger thanks to a suggestion from another amazing member on fuckcombustion! It arrived today. It took me 1 bowl to learn, and then it was like this. Easier than the dyanvap, easier than the sticky brick, but Id actually reach for this over a terp torch. You don't have to wait 10 minutes for it to heat up, you get a good hit with a tiny amount. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be afraid of this vape for being unregulated. Do note I hated the sticky brick, and while I have to admit, the couple of times I got it working right in 2 months fogged a room, this thing isn't slouching.
The bad:
  1. I broke one xl8r from the unit being knocked over (fracture in the glass I can just barely feel with my lip) and the other lifting it up an inch off of a desk, it hit a piece of plastic and cracked. They are delicate! When they worked, they were amazing at cooling. Now I see why I was suggested a wood stem, but thankfully I still have 2 glass ones included.
    1. Does anyone know of something similar to but thicker than the xl8r for future reference? Thankfully when I want to get a wood stem after Ive moved out, they are cheap from Mr. toasty top.

Very nice, yeah the original xl8r made by RBT are super thick glass, if you can track those down on here, the Chinese ones are a bit delicate I suppose... 508phineas on Instagram makes nicer longer stems, vigreux cooling spike pattern, the right 19/19 size for Milaana3 too (unfortunately that's what makes finding aftermarket stems the most difficult!) Jayhook is the ticket, but need the right male to male adapter WPA too...

Duba

Accessory Maker
they are cheap from Mr. toasty top
And they are top! I have one on my Lil'bud and I love it! I would recommend getting a glass tube with it because it's effective at cooling the vapor. (it can be hot without). But, on the other hand, it's fragile because it's quite thin but that offers the possibility to use it with or without the glass depending on the conditions of use. Personally, I asked Alan to make me an extra short tube (to limit the risk of breakage when I use it outside).
I'm glad you found the right shoe for you :)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm a fan of Alan's work and just got an iHeat last month. That said, I prefer the cooling of the XL8R stems and the @508phineas stems to the glass lined wooden stem.

It's a good habit to not keep the glass stems in the Milaana when not in use: it's upsetting to break the stem but even worse if any accident breaks the glass joint in the Milaana. I keep my stems up upside down in a cup with something to cushion the bottom.

Top Bottom